IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2433 5 years ago

Yesterday 10/05/2018 at about 10:50 am, I joined the club. It was a day I never will forget. This is my holy grail game. I literally could almost tear up. This is one I have always wanted since I was in my 20's and played it at a local wing joint. I just remember the multi ball giving me chills when it was starting up and how it seemed "easy" for a 20 year old non-pinball player at that time to do pretty good. I probably even played it flipping both flippers at the same time. I was such a noob, well I still am but I know not to flip both flippers at the same time. Never would I imagine that 15 years later I would be buying my own machine. Picked her up from a fellow Pinsider. She needs a good shopping but she's all original and in fantastic shape! No mods or led's or anything so that gives me room to customize her the way I want.

Of course I played about 50 games yesterday after getting her set up and leveled. I even got multi ball and yup.... I still got those chills probably even more so! Look forward to chatting with fellow Addams enthusiast. My goals are to put some led's in, some tasteful mods here and there, definitely an uncle Lester, probably thing box sticker ect and definitely a color DMD .

Can someone tell me really quick back behind the train wreck area there is a white colored dome like a flasher is underneath. It looks like you have to remove the ramps to get the plastic that the white dome piece is rivited onto. Do I have to remove all the ramps in order to change this flasher bulb?

I will get some pictures of her up and in place. I literally was so excited the last picture I have of her is on the dolly just inside my living room. After I got her set up and ready to go, I was to busy playing to focus on pictures lol.
20181004_114138 [44659930] (resized).jpg20181004_114138 [44659930] (resized).jpg

addams (resized).jpgaddams (resized).jpg
#2442 5 years ago

Any one else think the cousin it targets were an after thought? I was looking at the pf the other day and they just seem kinda out of place. I think the upper flipper was supposed to be able to shoot the ball into the pop bumpers. It would of been a hard shot but there really is no other surefire way of getting to the pop bumpers unless you are plunging a new ball or sneak it past the chair and sometimes that doesn't work either.

Any of you Addams guy's have LED's? I am looking at pickign up either an LED kit at the white rose show this weekend or maybe just buying them separate. I got a lot of questions on LED's.

Should I color match all colors? I was told to do that except for the yellows and oranges for some reason.

Super brights or frosted?

Should I get the dimmable board add on for LED's so they can dim like the incandescents?

Any regrets on LEDing your Addams or anything you would of done differently?

Any light mods I should do for example pinball spot light type things to brighten the field?

I know a lot of this stuff is personal preference but I am looking for opinions.

#2463 5 years ago

I have a dumb question. I got to play two separate Addams families at the White rose show today. I managed to spell greed, open the valult and lock a ball at the thing lock on both of them. Thing comes out as usual and picks up the ball and takes it under the PF. Now here is where my issue is. On my home game when I do this, the ball stays locked in the swamp and I have to plunge a new ball in which I can easy plunge it into the swamp to get the 2nd lock. On both of these separate Addams I played at the show, instead of keeping the ball locked in the swamp it showed a message "watch for swamp kick out" or something along those lines and it ejected the ball from the swamp instead of letting me plunge a new ball. Now I have the gold roms in mine, not sure what these had. Is this a difference in roms or is there a setting that changes what happens when you lock the first ball with thing?

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I'm not certain, but some games have a setting that disables multiball. Haven't fired up my TAF as I'm just finishing the restoration so I don't know, but it may have been just a disabled multiball.

I don't know I never made it to multi ball on either of them. Just weird, or is mine weird. Mine you lock it in thing, it goes to the swamp, you shoot next ball lightly, it goes into swamp and locks game says good thinking and you plunge the 3rd ball and shoot for chair or vault to start multi ball

#2476 5 years ago

Looking for anyone that has lit their swamps, vaults and chairs adding extra GI lighting.... I want to do this to mine and I see there is a mod you can buy that is basically plug and play, however I don't feel like spending $25 for a bulb, socket and two alligator clips. I would like to make my own. Unfortunately I cannot find any pictures of the actual mods that people sell so I can't see exactly how they made theirs.

I am assuming I would need a 44 bulb socket similar to the ones used for the GI in the game. I would need wire of course, and I am assuming a 4004 diode? Hook everything together and solder one wire to a nearby GI lug and solder the other wire to the other? Anyone that has done this mod, care to share any pictures?

#2479 5 years ago

Thanks guys. One more question. Has anyone lit there thing hand inside the box? I think it would look really neat to have a light somehow mounted in the thing box that shines on the hand to make it more visible when playing in a darker room.

#2500 5 years ago

dmacy How did you light your topper up blue. Is there blue flashers in there? or did you run blue LED's up to it? I am thinking of doing this to mine but maintaining the flashers as well.

PTHermes Thanks that looks nice, I never saw that chair light before. I ordered about 10 bulb sockets and am going to run my own lights for the chair, swap, thing ramp and maybe some up to the topper.

#2515 5 years ago

I installed all LED's and lit up the swap, vault, chair and put a red light by thing. I want to light up the topper with GI. Can someone explain to me if there is a location in the backbox where I can tap into the GI? I want to light my cloud topper with GI but keep the flashers for multi ball. I thought I can tie into the back of the lights on the back box for the backglass but it won't work

20181020_140322.jpg20181020_140322.jpg

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolveryan:

I have a chance to pick up a TAF for $4,500. It’s in moderate shape, certainly not mint and would need some work. It would be my first pinball. Think it’s a fair price, or too many unknowns to tell?

As long as everythings there, I don't think you can go wrong. You really don't find them for that cheap anymore. Even if you have to do a playfield swap you should be able to break even or maybe make a profit if you fix and sell it.

#2525 5 years ago

Can anyone who did the uncle lester mod tell me where they got theirs from. I bought one from some vendor at the white rose show this year. I got him home and noticed the LED in his mouth is white instead of yellow and that the figure himself is a hard plastic instead of the rubber I heard the other ones are. I installed him and after having him fall out of the chair several times I tried double sided tape but he wouldn't stick to that. To make matters worse, he got decapitated by a ball after falling out the chair the last time. Can anyone give me insight on what their uncle lester is made out of, where they got him from and how they attached him to the chair?

3 weeks later
#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Currently busy with soldering everything onto the switch harness and getting the translite illumination panel ready. I've pulled out all the old bulbs, sanded the white side down, and applied the first coat of white. I'm sanding and treating all the metal parts as the paint dries. Hoping to have the backbox finished by today. Won't be shining though, the IDC connector from the translite light 4-strand is gone have one coming my way in the post. Might get a start on the apron just so it's ready for when I install the trough switches and wire up the solenoid.
[quoted image]
I must say it warms my heart to see her light up like this. This one really was dug out from six feet under...

Great job bringing her back!! Looks amazing

2 months later
#2665 5 years ago

Does anyone else's Addams make a loud crack sound when you turn the game off?

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

No. But my Funhouse does.

Mine always does and has always since I owned it. I figured it wasn't anything but was wondering if others do it

#2696 5 years ago

I was looking to touch up the paint by my flipper buttons, it has worn off slightly on the one side. Does anyone have any ideas what type or exact color of paint to get to match. I am guessing a black gloss, but if someone can point me to the exact paint code I would appreciate it.

#2701 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Is it possible to have the callouts etc with the standard rule behaviour?
I thought something was wrong with my TAF when getting a chair shot would award like three different windows sometimes.

The mode you unlock with the chair shot is changed by sending the ball into the pop bumbers. Watch the bottom playfield modes when the ball is bouncing around the pops. It changes with each hit.

1 week later
#2717 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thanks. And yours are installed where the lights are shining through the thin gap in the scoop? If you have time I'd love to see some photos of the installs on the underside of the playfield, so I can work out what I'm doing.
(I have instructions with each mod but would like to confirm with photos of already installed ones)

I didn't get a lee's parts mods but I installed bulb holders tied into the wiring. I didn't drill any extra holes as that was a goal of mine not to add anymore holes. I used holes that were already there that held other bulb sockets ect. This required me to bend some of the bulb holders at odd angles. I can get some photos if it helps

2 weeks later
#2744 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thought I'd resurrect this post from a while ago to comment on my experience after having fit some Thing ramp lights in this area.
You can lift and move the plastic that the white dome piece is riveted to enough to get to the twist-in flasher holder by removing the two nuts holding it down, and also the Thing ramp (two small screws). You can't move it particularly far, and it involves bending the plastic a bit from underneath the ramp, but I can confirm that you don't need to remove the ramp to get underneath it.
Removing the screws from the ramp entrances and lifting the ramp a little in those areas will give you a little extra room to work the plastic out from underneath the ramp, but it isn't essential so long as you are careful.

Thanks, I ended up shopping the machine and removing the ramps anyway to do it and replace and led the machine but thanks for replying.

#2760 5 years ago

Can anyone verify this gate plunger and spring are hooked up right? My ball diverter gate developed some play in it. When the ball would hit it, it would move down some. I noticed there was a spring that was hanging in the end of the coil plunger but not attached to the diverter. I am pretty sure this is right but wanted to make sure

20190220_204457.jpg20190220_204457.jpg
#2772 5 years ago

What does advance x do and how do you get it? There is nothing in the manual that explains this. I am assuming you have to make a shot through the pop bumbers and around the back to the back of the bookcase

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Ok, I have a game play / rules question. Any time I manage to get THING lit, and then get the ball to thing, he picks it up, I get my 5M points, and then Gomez says "no no no" and thing puts the ball back. Is the "no no no" just a quote from the movie? And should it always put the ball back? Or have I done something wrong like not manage to light up both star lights (which seems very hard to do)?

It is a quote from the movie but I can't remember exactly where. Maybe when someone is telling him fester is not his real brother. But I can't remember even though I just watched the movie a few months ago.

Mine does the same thing. He is scolding thing for picking the ball up when he is not supposed to in the game. Kinda neat feature.

#2799 5 years ago

I was having great games and burning dinner all the time on my addams, then I changed the playfield pitch to 6.5 degrees. Now I am lucky if I get 50 million in a good game. My high game before was 359,000,000. Kinda want to change the pitch back lol but at least I am not burning my meals when I go, I have time for a quick game while dinner cooks.

#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What was it before?

I am thinking it was around 5.5 degrees.

Does anyone know what the stars at the beginning and end of the word thing are for and how to light them. I see there is an insert by the red ramp that says light star but it only ever appear to be on for a few seconds before going out. I can't figure out what makes it come on or what the stars even do. Has anyone else figured this out?

3 weeks later
#2928 5 years ago

Check voltage to DMD see what power it is getting

1 month later
#2986 4 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

Anyone running gold rom know if there is an extra mode or bonus for collecting all of cousin its goodies (hair spray, car keys, etc) or if its just random extra points at random times for mansion lights?

not sure, I think its just random points awarded.

#2987 4 years ago

I did a little work on my Addams this weekend. Nothing major. I replaced the regular battery holder with a button battery board so I shouldn't have to worry about the batteries leaking. Also replaced a leg tee bracket in the back that was stripped. Wasn't too hard to do. I ended up lifting the playfield off its bracket and sliding it forward kinda like a data east or gottlieb game can come forward and up. Probably not the best thing for it, but I had to access the back of the cabinet.

#3000 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

WOW, just added Pinstadium lights to my first pin, I can finally play Addams Family with the lights off like it was back in the old arcade days! What a difference, with such a lack of GI lights on Addams, the game is really dark in a dimly lit room. Now, I can see everything clearly and the light show from the UV flashers is awesome! The mirror blades just add to the light chaos! Great mod for sure. Not needed in some games, but this one for sure.
Firs picture I just added LED, Middle is with pin stadium, last is game assembled with mirror blades and NO pinstadium in daytime.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

How much did that kit run?

1 week later
#3020 4 years ago

Any ideas where to get the yellow williams flippers including the thing flipper anymore. Marco is out and I don't see them any where else

1 week later
#3062 4 years ago

More then likely the wire broke off the resistor or a leg broke off the resistor. You can order a replacement LED from Mouser or other electronic supply stores or a replacement resistor. I recently went through a whole Fester issue. My fester fell out of his chair. Apparently mine is a cheaper made one and is made out of plastic instead of rubber. I didn't stop playing and decapitated him with a ball lol. I glued the head back on and from my taking it in an out a couple times, the resistor then broke. I said bahhhh who needs this and hooked it up without it. The LED then burnt (what a surprise right). The LED that came in him was a stupid clear one to make matters worse, most have a red or yellow LED. At this point I was so pissed I had him out for awhile and was just gonna buy a new Fester. One day I decided to try and repair it one last time. I had to order a new resistor and LED from mouser. Pull him out of the game. My resistor was soldered to the end of the wire right at the alligator clip. You may have to remove heat shrink or whatever to get at it. If you have a spare switching power supply, you can hook it up to the 5volts and test it out of the game. If not, a multimeter set to diode test mode should be enough to at least get the LED to illuminate FAINTLY. With the resistor it may not illuminate much at all. LED's typically don't burn out unless your a bonehead like me and try sending 5 volts directly to them without the right resistor.

This is the LED I ordered from Mouser, you can order a red, yellow or purple whatever color you want.

Yellow LED
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/755-SLR-332YY3F

Red LED
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/755-SLR-332VRT32

If your resistor leg broke off, here is the replacement you will need. Keep in mind, this resistor pairs along with the LED's linked above. It should probably be fine working with the LED that is already on Fester but just keep that in mind.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/660-MF1-4CCT52R2200F

If you already have a spare LED laying around and don't need to order the above one, you can tell what resistor you will need if you know the specs of the LED. Use this calculator to determine what resistor you need. http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/led-resistor-calculator

If you order the LEDs above the resistor I linked will work and like I said it SHOULD work with the LED that is already on your fester if your LED is still good.

Mine has been working for months now since I repaired him and I fixed him falling out of the chair with some velcro and hot glue.

#3064 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Interesting, mine must be plastic too because I got him for a deal as his hand was broken off. What color did you end up going with? Yellow? White?
Somehow the instructions above sound hard, yet easy at the same time. I’ve only learned minor solder repairs at this point, haven’t run new wires, so some learning to be done here. How did you get the LED out of Fester? Just push or pull it right out, or is it glued in somewhere?

If you can solder it isn't hard at all. Just tin whatever you are soldering before hand and solder the new resistor or led on or both. Use heat shrink to protect your solder.

I have went with a red led and hooked it up to the red light on the chair that only flashes when the chair is ready to start multi-ball. Its all up to you though, you can have it come on with the yellow light to indicated it's ready to start a mode at the chair.

I just cut the wires off off the back of his head. Then the LED should pull out of his head. Mine wasn't glued in or anything but did take a little force to pull it. Just be careful you don't snap his head off since yours is plastic too.

I would first start with just looking at the wiring. More then likeley there is a break in the wiring or if you have alligator clips on it, maybe one came loose. Trace the wiring where they go through the playfield. If both aligator clips are attached to whatever they are hooked up for power you know that probably isn't the issue. Then I would start examining the wiring and aligator clips if it has them to make sure they are still attached and nothing came loose. Finally look for the resistor. It should be on the red wire. More then likely under the rubber boot of the alligator clip, peel it back and examine it for broken connection. I doubt your LED went bad but anything is possible, just more likely its a loose wire or connection somewhere imo.

If you want you can post a picture and I can tell you if I see anything off or what to look at.

#3066 4 years ago

No that wouldn't work. You need a 3.2mm LED, that is the size that was in mine. If your looking for a green LED, here is one that should work, but I would have to figure out what resistor you would need because this has different specs the the other two I linked a few posts up. Did you get a chance to check out the wiring or anything yet?

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Kingbright/WP710A10ZGCK?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtmwHDZQCdlqa6b4mV2olw7571gxYXCm5g%3D

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,159.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

30,000 (OBO)
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 180.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=fatality83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.