IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1610 6 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

My Uncle Fester mod keeps wanting to fall out of his chair. Tried double stick tape and hot glue. Any tips?

Use 3M mounting tape. It is a double sided silicone tape roll. Walmart or auto stores have it.

#1614 6 years ago

That has me thinking! Nice job!

1 week later
#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Just an FYI - the long-awaited Mantis Swamp Bracket is now available. Has a built-in ramp (invisible to the player) that ensures the ball goes into the kickout and does not get stuck behind the kickout weldment. Stainless steel. Just installed mine. Took 5 minutes.
https://mantispinball.com/product/the-addams-family-swamp-bracket/

I am going to cut mine and bend up the corner.

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Years ago I just bent a piece of stainless steel and riveted it in place and worked great.

I thought about that also. The Mantis was cut, bent then welded. I think it will work without the weld. The ball does not drop in hard.

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I am going to cut mine and bend up the corner.

Today I cut and bent my swamp bracket. It took about 10 minutes and is working great. The ball probably never hits the bent corner directly from the playfield. When it rolls on the corner it rolls right off.

#1645 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I was never a fan of the "smoked plastic era" I replaced my TAF ramp and cloud with clear. Looks much better!

I just finished putting in a new thicker clear ramp from Marco. The old smoke ramp was thin and cracked in a few places. I did not realize the ramp comes out after you disconnect the wires under the playfield to work on it till I was part way into changing it! I put in 4 new switches while it was out. Looks great. So much cleaner and bright.

1 week later
#1654 6 years ago

You mean AF, TZ and FH! I agree! Can't beat Pat Lawlor.

#1656 6 years ago

DI is a good game. I have played it a few times. I am waiting for my Houdini to be built that is more like the pins I have now. TAF and TZ are classic! LOTR is my favorite and TZ is close to the top of my list.

#1658 6 years ago

The super pins are great! I am keeping all my pins. I have put a lot of time and work in them. They are in real nice condition. FH has very small playfield wear though. I went 100% LED in all mine. The colors are so much better now. I got a 2nd SW. That is the only one I would not miss. Should have done more research before my early purchases.

Quoted from LitzDoc:I sold my LOTR LE to fund IJ. I miss it but I really like IJ a lot. It was a good trade. TZ is my second favorite. I owned it early on and sold it. I regretted it so I bought it back a year ago. I am slowly adding mods and LEDs. TZ looks awesome in LEDs.

1 month later
#1816 6 years ago

All my pins have translucent rubber except on the flippers. I just put yellow Superband and Perfect Play rings in Funhouse while doing the new playfield. The white rings gets dirty too quick.

2 weeks later
#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Anyone have an issue with the ball flying off the left ramp from the upper right flipper? About half the time when I shoot a left orbit from the right flipper and try a combo from the upper right flipper it jumps off the ramp when it takes that sharp left turn.

I recently replaced the ramp with a new clear ramp and now the ball has been flying off a few times as yours. The ball is going faster now with the new ramp. I just keep playing!

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Correction: that piece won't fit in TAF, it has a different kind of ball trough...

I have this piece in my Cirqus Voltaire.

1 month later
#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

so i was just doing a PF swap and I got a new plastic set from Marcos but after swapping all the one i had on my old pf I am left with a whole a bunch... any clues where those go?

The green and yellow plant goes on top of the tapered post rubber under the left ramp.

2 weeks later
#1964 6 years ago

I used 3M double sticky silicone mounting tape. I left the plastic covering on the top side. It comes in different widths.

#1967 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

ok i got these screws, how do i install them, they have a nail like head do you hammer them in, i dont see how you could hand screw them in flush?

I use a plastic mallet then a metal punch to get them flush.

#1980 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

how flush do these things need to be. is this good enough? i am afraid to hit it any harder?

Hammer the old one out. Get a metal punch slightly smaller and hit it. It has to be flush.

#1981 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He's not pulling those down without tapering the top of the hole first. Simplest way is to use a drill bit the size of the head. Be careful.

The screw has to be tight in the playfield or it will spin from the bottom if you take the nuts off.

2 weeks later
#2039 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, begun with the building phase. Steel is back on the machine. Now plastics. Than wait for Cliffy’s to arrive which go underneath the play field protector and install the protector to keep it nice for years to come. Cabinet and backbox touched up.
Next week I expect a new clear ramp so should be up and running next next weekend if everything goes as planned

You will love the new clear ramp. That corner was really dark.

1 month later
#2111 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any suggestions where I can find nice target decals ? Some on Ebay...

Pinball Decals, Inc.

2 months later
#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Whenever my ball drains thats it, there is no "saved ball" timer. Does anyone know if there is a setting for that in the menu? I tried looking couldn't find it.

No ball save!

4 weeks later
#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Is there supposed to be a post in this hole? Seems to be OK without it....[quoted image]

No post!

4 weeks later
#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from Tizz007:

Dont order from pinballbulbs.com because you will be waiting forever to get your product! Cointaker is very fast and I have never had problems like I have with pinballbulbs.com.

Comet bulbs seem to be the best for me. I have gotten them from Pinball Life, Cointaker and Marco. They are also good.

1 week later
#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I was getting a line on Thing's hand from the top of the box, so I decided to try some felt, hopefully this will solve the problem.
[quoted image]

I have the same "thing" happening. Why didn't I think of that! Nice work.

#2390 5 years ago

CFTBL also has the flower pot by the center scoop. I have a green and yellow bush plastic on top of my pot for TAF. You can see it now that I have the new clear ramp. I think Marco has a few extra plastics for TAF. I added more bugs around the field also.

1 week later
#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Picked up a project Addams family from a cool pinsider last week and I couldn’t be more excited. This is a club I never thought I would join because of what these go for.
I’m redoing the cab now and a playfield swap over winter probably. I couldn’t help but paint this guy though
[quoted image]

That looks great!

1 month later
#2544 5 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Cracking set of nuts there
I finally finished my TAF restore yesterday after plodding away at it since March.
A couple of pics. It was a real minger. Restored original playfield, new ramp, targets, as well as the normal bits and bobs. I’d love to play it but now have a driver board fault to repair!!
Excuse the order of photographs. No
Idea why they’ve come out mixed up! Hopefully it’s obvious which are before and after.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice work! I like the stone side art.

3 weeks later
#2596 5 years ago

That is some nice clean work!

1 month later
#2664 5 years ago

If a hole is too big I fill it in with a toothpick and glue. The ramps all come out by unplugging the wires underneath.

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Does anyone else's Addams make a loud crack sound when you turn the game off?

No. But my Funhouse does.

#2685 5 years ago

I wish I could use my topper.

#2702 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I'm new to the club! Got it home today. It's a little more of a project than I expected, but nothing I can't deal with I don't think.
I wonder about a could of things... In the following pictures, is it normal for the one Target to be flat vs the round ones around it? Or is this a hack?
Also, it's been a while, but I thought the bookcase was blue. Is orange normal?[quoted image][quoted image]

The three targets should be oblong, round, oblong. 3 round do not have enough space between. Gold edition plastics are gold.

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

The yellow bulb keeps falling out of my chair, anyone have a solution?

bend the wires straight out. cut small slice of black electrical tape. wrap tape around the base and put wires back in place. Works for me on TZ and LAH. Tried to pinch the sockets but the tape solution is better. My bulbs have not come out since I did the tape! A wrap or two should be good.

4 weeks later
#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Ok, I have a game play / rules question. Any time I manage to get THING lit, and then get the ball to thing, he picks it up, I get my 5M points, and then Gomez says "no no no" and thing puts the ball back. Is the "no no no" just a quote from the movie? And should it always put the ball back? Or have I done something wrong like not manage to light up both star lights (which seems very hard to do)?

Mine does that all the time. I think it is normal for Thing. Raul Julia did voice over for this pin.

2 weeks later
#2832 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

After looking at some youtube clips of the Addams pin, I noticed there is a metal guard at the top left corner ramp switch protecting it. When I picked up this game the other week, the old ramp was cracked so I put in a new clear one from Marco along with a new clear protective cover on the next switch just past the one in the corner. That is how my game came. I thought it was a little odd to have a protective cover over one switch and not the other and after getting an airball and having the ball stuck between the switch and flasher housing, I figured this would be a good idea. I cannot however locate the part either on Marco's website, internet search, or the manual. Does anyone know of the P/N and or where to find one?
Thank you

Same plastic cover is in Funhouse. I put one in my TZ.

1 month later
#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Anyone have any tips for touching up minor wear around the flipper buttons on Addams? Thinking it should be relatively easy since it's black but curious to hear what others have done. Thanks!

I used black cabinet button shields from Marco or Pinballlife.

4 weeks later
#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Any ideas where to get the yellow williams flippers including the thing flipper anymore. Marco is out and I don't see them any where else

Pinball Life has them.

1 week later
#3057 4 years ago

I had the same issue. Targets were all bent back. Got tired of bending them and replaced with new ones. The new ones stay straight and look great. I think I got them from Marco.

3 weeks later
#3108 4 years ago

It screws into the lower plastic. I see part of the lower hole. Try to line them up. I added the post.
20190706_130820 (resized).jpg20190706_130820 (resized).jpg20190706_130843 (resized).jpg20190706_130843 (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

Post now removed after getting wires higher.

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Has anyone encountered the problem that Thing drops the ball while lifting? Mine does this occasionally, looks like the magnet is too weak. Any ideas?

Mine did that. I had to realign Thing. Magnet was not centered on ball.

2 weeks later
#3158 4 years ago

This is what I did today to stop Thing from getting scratched. No disassembly required.

20190730_092520 (resized).jpg20190730_092520 (resized).jpg20190730_092814 (resized).jpg20190730_092814 (resized).jpg20190730_092825 (resized).jpg20190730_092825 (resized).jpg
#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Interested to see how this holds up...I would think it would cut through it in time...

The felt is very strong for what it is. As Neal said the door is not heavy. I think it will last a while. I thought to double it up but will see how this works for now. I did not like the dark marks on Thing.

2 weeks later
#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey fellas, I searched the topic and came up empty. Can I get a nudge please...
The Thing in my game grabs the ball and takes it into its box, and then the ball falls off the hand, but doesn't make it to the subway and I have to lift the playfield for the ball to roll the area where it finds the subway, what do I need to look for to fix the issue?

May need to adjust the hand if it does not pick up the ball and hold it firmly. Magnet should be centered on the ball.

3 months later
#3406 4 years ago

Did you take that picture in my game room?

2 weeks later
#3421 4 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Hello fellow taf owner's. Iam having an issue with my addams family. When am playing, the game will restart. .. machine is a fully restored addams family. What could the issue be??

Common issue with the 5V power supply. Kahr board will "fix". Or A new modern design power board like Rotten Dog gets rid of the issue.

I have Kahr daughter boards in 2 of my Bally pins. I have a Rotten Dog in 2. Problem solved.

2 weeks later
#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Question about the metal box thing's hand is in relation to the other box that houses the VUK. On mine, the two boxes are separate and there is a minor gap between them that the ball has to travel across. Sometimes, when thing takes the ball, the ball gets stuck between the gap. I had to increase the playfield angle to around 6.7-7.0 degrees to prevent this, sometimes it still hangs up but with a forward nudge the ball usually then goes into the VUK and sends the ball to the swamp. Is there supposed to be anything in between these two components to prevent this or are they installed incorrectly? I do not see any other screw holes in the plywood suggesting the boxes were changed and mismounted.
Thank you,

Not sure what gap you mean.

20200104_095006 (resized).jpg20200104_095006 (resized).jpg20200104_095014 (resized).jpg20200104_095014 (resized).jpg
#3485 4 years ago

Mine is at 6.5 degrees and I never had that problem. I do not think wax is a good solution. Try to get them close together. Maybe one unit should be higher so the ball drops into the vuk. Then there will not be an even gap. Hard to see what is in there. Take some pictures for Pinside.

2 weeks later
#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Any help here will be appreciated. One min my TAF worked fine and now when switched on I get a garbled dmd and all the leds on the boards stay lit. No action on the playfield at all. Any thoughts before I start to dig in? Thanks in advance.

Reseat ribbon cables.

4 weeks later
#3574 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

After a very long pause, I’m starting back on my Addams restore. I just made a big parts order, but didn’t see any ramp flaps available.
Does anyone know where I could pick some up? Pinbits looked to be out of stock. I’m only really needing the ones attached to the metal thing ramp, and the one in the shooter lane[quoted image]

The front sling star posts were purple according to the manual.

3 weeks later
#3596 4 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm
They have reinforced targets for the common trouble ones but not orange for the swamp shots. You'd probably be good for a long time by just changing them out with standard new ones.

I did that. Swamp targets were always crooked. New standard ones are nice and straight.

3 weeks later
#3684 4 years ago

What GAC said.

#3686 4 years ago
20200410_120525 (resized).jpg20200410_120525 (resized).jpg20200410_120606 (resized).jpg20200410_120606 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3796 3 years ago

My left outlane special is ghosting during game play with a non-ghosting led. I tried another ng led and the same ghosting is occurring. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

#3798 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Are you using the LEDOCD board?
If so, lowering the brightness 10%
Can be effective.

No extra boards. All led in the pin. The special is the only one that ghosts.

Not a big deal. All my other pins are total led and they have no issues. Lucky!

#3801 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its not about ghosting per se, but thats a part of it.
I really like the way the LEDOCD ramps all the inserts up and down very smoothly on the playfield.
Its like night and day.
No more harsh flickering
After installing one on my DW, and seeing how dramatic the change was, im putiing LEDOCD on all my wpc games.
No, im not selling them lol.
But they sure are nice.

What is the total cost and is it difficult to install?

#3805 3 years ago

I would have to spend a lot to get all my pins done with that upgrade! I am happy with them as is. I turned off the dimming.

Thanks for the info.

6 months later
#4116 3 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

I plan to put a Cliffy on the chair hole - what other areas to you recommend for Cliffy's (or but the whole set?)

I put the whole set on. The edges were starting to show wear. The Cliffy's fit perfectly.

2 months later
#4218 3 years ago

From what I remember, you take the whole round part out and the bookcase unscrews from the base.

It is easy to take it out.

1 month later
#4258 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Hey Everyone...
New to the club! Excited to be here. Working my way though the posts.
In the mean time, I've got a little wear at the front of the vault (behind the bookcase where the ball goes below the playfield). I'm just getting started looking for solutions. Does anyone make a decals with that stone pattern for this area?

I think Cliffy makes two different size protectors for that area.

#4260 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks. Yes, I discovered that after posting. Unfortunately my wear area is just a bit bigger. Really nice game, but that's the trouble spot.

Maybe a little paint touch up and a Cliffy.

#4263 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Anyone have a recommended paint to do some touch up on Thing? Thing has a few scrapes on the top from hitting his box.
I'm not great at matching colors so optimistic someone has found a close match before.
Thanks!

I was able to clean the scratches with Novus. I put a piece of Moleskin on the box where it hits the hand. Works great.

Post 3158 has pictures of the fix.

1 month later
#4300 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Ugh… I finally made some progress with the wiring. I managed to get two bumper lights working — did I miss a wire? Sorry to say but I am hopeless when it comes to understanding a lamp matrix for pop numbers and how to wire it… I only soldered two yellow wires (single, which I thought was for the bottom two, and a double which I thought was for the top three). Or could it be a fault with the LEDs?
@Edit that last sentence was a rare spark of brilliance… all working now!
@Edit2 I’ve noticed that the lower two dome flashers aren’t coming on in attract mode. The rest work fine.
[quoted image]

Your electric chair needs lights on the sides.

4 weeks later
#4358 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

HA !!!! This price range would be a well used Addams . There are none for sale , my buddy turned down $12500 , ya its nice .
The one for sale at $7900 is a darn good deal , it appears.

Yes it was! Gone in less than 5 hours.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

30,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

16,000 (OBO)
$ 180.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=drummermike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.