IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#543 8 years ago

If anyone is thinking about selling theirs - hit me up. Looking to join the club

2 weeks later
#595 8 years ago

about to buy an Addams and wondering about the Chair and Swamp LED mod. Is this really a mod I need to buy sep or can I do it myself with a standard LED?

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from trab:

Yea you can easily do it yourself, should probably cost $6 for the swamp and maybe $3-4 for the chair.

Care to share how to do it? Is it just an LED attached to the bottom of the PF? Just not sure how it works.

#602 8 years ago

Will do lee thanks.

#611 8 years ago

finally got an Addams family to my liking! Plays really well but a few questions:

1) Do the bumpers no always light up even when hit? All bulbs seem to work and go off during gameplay but not glowing as much as I would expect.
2) My divider on the ramp when triggered by a ramp shot violently turns and hits the side of the wall (left side). How do I make it so the mechanism when turning to the left (which allows the ball to go down the left side ramp and out the ball hole, to not hit the wall?
3) Is it not normal/typical to be able to hit the bear ramp shot with the right flipper? Wondering if it's my flipper or if that shot is just not doable. Can do it with the left flipper all day
4) Lester/Fester mod - can't find it for anywhere less than 100. Really the price or just bad timing to get this? Seems really expensive.

#612 8 years ago

Also looking for that bear toy to add.....didn't find it online (playmobil - bear skin)...don't feel like spending 80 for a 10 buck toy either. Prob wait it out.

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have not played an Addams that does not make the slap sound on the wall. Personally I love it.
But I suppose you could put the felt side of a velcro tape strip on the cabinet wall to quiet it down.

OK - good to know. Didn't know it was normal.

#620 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Pinballdecals has the Bear rug you want,and ,please put a book on those vault bulbs!

yeah but 160 bucks? wow.

#629 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

There are also people who have the money to buy it who are unable or unwilling to buy the parts to make it themselves, let alone know what the parts actually are or really cost. They probably just make them as they're ordered, too. There is also the fact that they're pretty much the only ones selling that mod. So if someone has the ability to buy a $5k+ amusement machine and wants to add extra trinkets to it, but isn't a tinkerer in the least, they look at that and think "Oh well, it's what other people have on their machines and this is the only place to buy it." It also probably helps that they might be buying up all the Playmobil bear rugs that show up on eBay. It's what I'd do if I were selling that mod. There are lots of possible factors as to why it's so much. We could postulate endlessly, but the simple fact remains, the price too damn high for an under $10 kids toy(that was part of a larger playset that probably sold for less than $20 for the whole set).
But….that's why we're here. Pinside. We help those that want to make this stuff for themselves and save oodles of cash doing it. Heck, between all of vid1900 and LTG's posts alone, I'll bet a newbie could practically restore a pin with very little outside help. (Not really, but damn close!)
Case in point, here are two on eBay right now for about $10 shipped. Get 'em while they're hot:
ebay.com link » Playmobil Bear Rug Western Indian Hunting Animal Fur Excellent Condition
ebay.com link » Playmobil 3157 3274 3659 3870 3877 Bear Skin Rug Indian Castle Miniature
And here's my thread showing how I made mine, with pics:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-cheapo-taf-bear-rug-mod-1
Other folks made theirs nice than mine, too!

Damn -saw this auction today and didn't buy as I got stuck in a meeting. Now it's all gone. All I needed to do was paint it white.

#631 8 years ago

78 for a1.50 toy with green eyes. Jesus.

#639 8 years ago

can someone explain when/how the pop bumpers light up/go off? I would think they would all the time but it seems like they go all off and then don't turn on until later. What's the reasoning behind this? I rather have it go off all the time but doesn't seem like that's the case.

#647 8 years ago

guys can someone explain how when the pop bumpers stay lit in this game? Just joined the club and my pops work fine but they stay on during certain times, off others. what's the reason behind this?

#649 8 years ago

Thanks! Reading now

#653 8 years ago

Anyone know where to buy the Thing ramp decal? It looks like this:

http://postimg.org/image/ad4ss90r7/

....so apparently it's referred to as a trap door for Thing's ramp. Found something in the UK but hoping to buy here in the states.

4 weeks later
#683 7 years ago

Guys - how do you adjust the trajectory of the swamp kickout? Mine is fine but never adjusted before
and I know a lot of people have trouble with this. If something were to change, how would I even
adjust it?

#688 7 years ago

So I have a color DMD and just bought the gold roms. Will the color DMD work with the gold edition as I don't see firmware for it

#694 7 years ago

god that looks terrible. Although similar style of the garbage remakes we've been seeing. GD millennials!

#695 7 years ago

looking to replace the lights that are behind THING on the panel. What is the easiest way to reach these? Mine has a color dmd on it and it appears these lights are directly behind it. Seems like I need to remove the color DMD to replace? Before I went through the hassle just wanted to confirm.

#698 7 years ago

Would someone mind taking a pic of the screws you adjust for the swamp kickout to be able to turn it (left or right for alignment)? Now I'm really interested to see how that works.

#706 7 years ago

guys - where are the screws to turn the swamp kickout left or right? All I see is the screws underneath that hold the unit to the table. In the mood to drink beer and look the table over!

#708 7 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Just loosen those screws and move the kickout unit one way or the other, then tighten back down. Should be enough play. Might also want to see if the welds on the scoop are broken.

thanks - my kickout works fine but was just curious on that unit even moves in the event something changes. thanks

3 weeks later
#740 7 years ago

hey guys - addams is running perfectly fine yet I started to get an error message when I turn it on about thing up switch 85 optos and thing limit optos. I believe it has to do with the hand mechanism but again it works perfectly fine. How do I stop this message from constantly popping up?

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Could be just an intermittent thing. My suggestion would be to clean the optos. Easy place to start.
A q-tip with some 91%(or higher) isopropyl alcohol usually does the trick.

Thanks - where are the optos located for that 85 error message and how do I reach them?

If it's a pain, I'll just deal with the error message although not sure if there is a way to over ride it?

#745 7 years ago

thanks for the pic

So today after still receiving the same error message (85) and up optos, my thing hand started to not come out at all. It works perfectly fine in test mode however during the game it's not coming out. Any ideas? I didn't see anything immediately wrong with the areas noted in the pic above. During test, the up notification does go off all the time although the thing hand comes out and in fine. Thoughts?

#747 7 years ago

If it's the one right in front of the thing box - it is recognized and works fine. I thought the same!

#748 7 years ago

So after doing some more tests the hand comes out during gameplay when the thing light is green BUT NOT yellow. hmmmm....

open this up to the main forum as I'm sure it's something minor.

EDIT ACTUALLY after working with the green shot, everything works again. Oh pinball so crazy.....

2 months later
#1040 7 years ago

no brainer - pick that up for 5300. Looks good.

On a side note, anyone ever have thing not come out during quick MB, etc however he works perfectly fine in the tests? Mine today - he didn't come out for some reason when I spelled thing yet the switch registered when the ball landed there to initiate, music played but no thing. Go into tests and he goes up and down no prob......

1 week later
#1067 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no brainer - pick that up for 5300. Looks good.
On a side note, anyone ever have thing not come out during quick MB, etc however he works perfectly fine in the tests? Mine today - he didn't come out for some reason when I spelled thing yet the switch registered when the ball landed there to initiate, music played but no thing. Go into tests and he goes up and down no prob......

well it was my opto under the thing box. Needed to be adjusted. All is good.

2 weeks later
#1094 7 years ago

when does the call out ".......so it can kill you" or something along those lines happen when talking about lighting the chair?

3 years later
#3778 3 years ago

So about to join the club again. What are the best new mods to get? I see a bookshelf one I haven’t seen before....

Trying to figure out what side blades to get too.....

Mods I need fester, bear and that book shelf for sure.

#3779 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I like the bookcase mod that's offered for sale by a different Pinsider here on Pinside, but that's a personal choice. What he has done also looks great too.[quoted image]

Who sells this mod? Can’t find it

1 week later
#3803 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

About $140
Super easy to install.
Took me about 15 mins.
No adjustments are necessary as the default settings are really close, but you can fiddle with it if you want with the software off his site.

I looked and I know others swear by this thing but on this game in particular I couldn't see a difference (or at least worthwhile). Def wasn't worth it to me but glad others can see it!

#3814 3 years ago

Dumb question but I’m looking to change the flasher by thing on the game and it's very challenging. I would like to remove the plastic but it looks like I need to hold the bottom as the screw is just spinning but I can’t reach the bottom.

Any tips?

#3815 3 years ago

Btw really happy with the Uncle fester mod I just bought. It looks just like the real thing. Highly recommend

20200612_123108 (resized).jpg20200612_123108 (resized).jpg20200612_123154 (resized).jpg20200612_123154 (resized).jpg20200612_123216 (resized).jpg20200612_123216 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3821 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dumb question but I’m looking to change the flasher by thing on the game and it's very challenging. I would like to remove the plastic but it looks like I need to hold the bottom as the screw is just spinning but I can’t reach the bottom.
Any tips?

any thoughts on this?

#3823 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

It’s a pain. I just removed the whole stack of the pieces, not just the top. Just screws into the rails, but even that is a pain because the playfield doesn’t slide forward at all. Then once the whole plastic was pulled out, you just replace the bulb from underneath.

Thanks. Not seeing where the accessibility point for that entire stack is. You mention the rails? I'll revisit....

1 month later
#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from lizzyd:

I just created these Addams Family cards for TommyC 's machine we are working on and thought I'd share. If you'd like me to make you a pair too, they are printed on cardstock, laminated and hand cut. $7.50 including the stamp.
Here's the link to my pinside shop:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/04008-addams-family-apron-cards-
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Look great just bought a pair!

2 years later
#5394 1 year ago

Does anyone paint thing to make his hand look more realistic?

#5397 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

https://modfatherpinball.com/
I did my thing hand and the electric chair. Looks much better. Need to ship yours to him.

Perfect. I had him do my TOTAN and it was awesome.

6 months later
#5985 8 months ago

Just got this back from modfather. Really happy with how the updated thing looks. Well done. Super fast shipping.

Link below if anyone is interested. Will take pics installed as well

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/adams-family/products/adams-family-custom-painted-chair-and-hand

IMG_3242 (resized).jpegIMG_3242 (resized).jpegIMG_3243 (resized).jpegIMG_3243 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
30,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.