wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
20240323_132510 (resized).jpg
20240323_132525 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2088 6 years ago

Hey all, my wife wants a Addams, so I’m looking to join the Club.

Do you all think I can find a nice shopped out TAF for around 6k? And if so could someone point me in the right direction?

I have a line on one @7k, but there’s a handful of issues (front decal has bad wrinkles, chips in the cab, scratches on the sides, cheapest LEDs, needs a shop job, Dirty) I believe should bring down the price a little... maybe I’m wrong. Lemmeknow

#2091 6 years ago

Good deal fellas, I know what to shoot for now

Thank you!

#2094 6 years ago
Quoted from thedoctor:

Just wait a while, there are some good deals that get posted once in a while. Once these clowns realize their trash machines aren't going to net $12-$14k, prices will come back to reality. There are over 20,000 of these machines. There is no reason to overpay for one.

You bet! I’m certain one will pop up, I’d really love to not to have to drive too far for this one, but we will see

#2100 6 years ago

Super excited to join this club now! I have a purchase pending... there’s no way I could afford $900 14 years ago. Times are a changin

2 weeks later
#2130 6 years ago

True but sad story . A few years ago I saw an Addams family at a guys house that he wanted me to fix, I told him I really needed to take it to my garage and work on it there, since there was so much that he wanted me to do to it. He said no later on, and I let it go . A few months later I called him up and offered to buy the game from him since it wasn’t working. Long story short they said no and decided not to sell, no big deal. A few years pass and recently I’ve started looking for an Addams again... so I made the call to the guy again, he calls me back and tells me that an old power strip caught fire in the corner of the room opposite of their pins and the house burnt down along with the pins, no one was hurt. Of course now he wishes he would have made me a deal. And also talk to me about finding him a few more pinball machines, I don’t think he serious though as he still has no house. Fire happened early January .

#2141 5 years ago

My Addams comes in Tuesday! About to be in the club.

#2145 5 years ago

I used satin black Krylon on my tz on the edges and it looks great

#2155 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

this one:amazon.com link »
or this one:
amazon.com link »
??

The first one, really they’re both the same formula, but the first can has the really good nozzle, be sure to clean the nozzle good after use. Don’t take my word on a perfect match on the cab decals, the satin looks great on the wood and blends in nicely, try a few hidden spots first

#2157 5 years ago

In the Club!!!

Let the troubleshooting commence ...

Ball won’t kick out of the thing hole when solenoid fires, what will fix this?

Gold roms installed; last three letters of Thing already lit??

Is this correct?

59713A4D-27A6-45DD-B2C4-4E2C02761EF5 (resized).jpeg59713A4D-27A6-45DD-B2C4-4E2C02761EF5 (resized).jpeg

62CD36CC-8245-404F-BDDF-04C74D46AE66 (resized).jpeg62CD36CC-8245-404F-BDDF-04C74D46AE66 (resized).jpeg

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

In the solenoid test, can you see the plunger move in test mode?
If you lift up the playfield, does the plunger move freely?
Everything mounted securely?

Quoted from Crispin:

Are the screws for the solenoid bracket tight? Possibly the kicker isn't aligned properly and just needs to be tightened properly.

Adjusted the firing mech, thing kick out hole is working properly now. Thanks guys!

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I see colordmd. So someone installed new Thing board. Cable on backwards. Also, how many arw lit at start of game based on diffulculty in settings.
Bu the way.
"Welcome Honored Guests"

Which connector do I look for?

Honored!

CFBA2893-7679-46FB-B028-CCD96EE417E0 (resized).jpegCFBA2893-7679-46FB-B028-CCD96EE417E0 (resized).jpeg

9E3D2B7A-A634-448D-9BC3-96A7F072836E (resized).jpeg9E3D2B7A-A634-448D-9BC3-96A7F072836E (resized).jpeg

#2162 5 years ago

This maybe?

36A259AF-DB60-4A3A-AE50-E40D87E12AFD (resized).jpeg36A259AF-DB60-4A3A-AE50-E40D87E12AFD (resized).jpeg

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is for your "thing" lights under your display. You need to lift your playfield up and check the thing kick out coil. It is underneath the playfield right under your first photo.

The lockout coil is working correctly now after I adjusted the bracket,

My problem now is the “thing” lights on the speaker panel aren’t lighting up correctly

#2167 5 years ago

I will tackle the Thing lights connector soon...

I Discovered a mod protection fuse blown under the playfield for the left magnet, I replaced the fuse with a three amp slow blow and it seems that the magnet is locked on, I switched connectors to another magnet, and powered on the machine and that magnet locked on also. So I guess I’m looking at replacing a transistor and driver. Does anyone offhand know which one I need to look at on the driver board ?. I’m waiting on my manual to arrive that I purchased a few days ago

#2170 5 years ago

Lol, I just ordered that. Thanks guys!

Does this board hold all of the drivers necessary to control the magnets?

If the magnet is locked on, does this board replace the driver functionality from the MPU?

#2173 5 years ago

Looks like I need a front cabinet decal, this one has been painted just way too much and looks like the texture of a skateboard deck. Does anyone have a source for one, a nice one?

1 week later
#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Has anybody on here used the Phoenix arcade decals on their game. Wanted to know if you found they were easy to work with.

I’ve purchased a lot of decals from Phoenix , they’ve got a great product. I have their TZ front decal they did a short run of, it is great, easy as can be I guess

Edit;

Ive been looking for a front decal, where did you find Phoenix arcade decals? I don’t see them on their site

#2191 5 years ago

I love large dots

10 months later
#2896 5 years ago

Hi, my lower left flipper stopped working (upper left flipper still working)...

pulled the fuse on the driver board (was a 4 amp) and replaced with 3 amp, the flipper activated once and stopped working. Pulled the fuse again and tested with DMM ok, put fuse back in.

Checked the action of the flipper, recently rebuilt and action ok

Checked the eos switch (new) and action good

Checked the button stacked switches, looks good

Went to switch test, switch test good on both left flippers

What do I go check now?

Thanks TAF club.

#2898 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Checked for voltage at F101 on the driver board? How does the connector look on the flipper board? Check it for cracked header pins? J802 pins 9 and 8, also I would try a continuity test from those point to the coil.

I’ll dive in and report back, thank you

#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Checked for voltage at F101 on the driver board? How does the connector look on the flipper board? Check it for cracked header pins? J802 pins 9 and 8, also I would try a continuity test from those point to the coil.

Strange thing... I’m suspecting a Connector!!!

I’ve been diving in for a few hours a night for a week... measured all voltages, traced wires, tested coils, tested transistors, reflowed solder on many connections that looked great, nothing....

Then today, I plugged everything back in I had taken apart last night, tested the center lug on the coil and it fires! Started a game and all is working again, I’m going to replace the factory power connectors with tirfurcon pins, that’ll fix it!

Thanks to you guys for pointing me in the right direction

#2926 5 years ago

Bah! Now color dmd is doing black and white and random dots. Anyone know what might be wrong ?

I pulled all the cables and reseated everything

6F3C177B-2D2D-4F5C-BD91-5F5C538FD145 (resized).jpeg6F3C177B-2D2D-4F5C-BD91-5F5C538FD145 (resized).jpeg73448191-7B53-4038-ADB0-CED8689C40B5 (resized).jpeg73448191-7B53-4038-ADB0-CED8689C40B5 (resized).jpeg

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Does the game reset and cycle like normal?
Is the game randomly resetting?

Quoted from fatality83:

Check voltage to DMD see what power it is getting

The game functions normally, I will check voltages later today

#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Reseat ribbon cable too (both ends)

Quoted from Asmig:

Make sure you reseat the cable in the color DMD itself as well.

Thanks guys! It was the pesky large ribbon cable, may be time to fix or replace it

4 months later
#3221 4 years ago

Hey fellas, I searched the topic and came up empty. Can I get a nudge please...

The Thing in my game grabs the ball and takes it into its box, and then the ball falls off the hand, but doesn't make it to the subway and I have to lift the playfield for the ball to roll the area where it finds the subway, what do I need to look for to fix the issue?

#3224 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

May need to adjust the hand if it does not pick up the ball and hold it firmly. Magnet should be centered on the ball.

It seems like the hand holds the ball fine, in the sequence where Thing puts the ball back after grabbing it works just fine

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is the thing box "ball dented" so that the ball doesn't roll out?
Also there is a ledge in play between the box and subway that causes some problems

I’ll check those things tonight

Thank you guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,159.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=chosen_s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.