IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlestonscpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2337 5 years ago

Just about finished repairing and cleaning my Addams Family but had three questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. Just received my Uncle Fester (Lester) from Pinball Pros. Just curious where others connect the LED. Do you hook it to the GI so it is always on or do you connect it to one of the lamps that would turn on when a specific action happens? I was thinking maybe one of the two LED's on the electric chair. Just curious what others have done.

2. I noticed when I start a game the T H I of THING light up immediately. Is this normal or do I need to track down a problem? If it is a problem does anyone have any ideas of where the problem may be?

3. The left side LED on the electric chair also lights up when the game starts but then goes out after the first time a ball is knocked into the electric chair opening. After that it seems to flash at certain times like the one on the right.

Love this game now that I have rebuilt the weak flippers, replaced the ramp with a clear ramp and done a bunch of cleaning. Looks great.

Thanks!

Alan

#2341 5 years ago

dnamam,

Thanks very for the quick and thorough reply! I will take your advice on the wiring. Thought the Thing lights might have been a setting so I will go hunt that down. Addams Family is such a great game so much going on and so many mods to enhance the appearance and playability. Just ordered some enhanced topper lights but that is just the beginning!

Thanks again I really appreciate your help.

Alan

Fiberdude120,

Thanks for the confirmation on the wiring! I like your Uncle Fester with the EL wire. Very cool!

Alan

1 week later
#2375 5 years ago

Hi All,

Well I messed up big time. Was reinstalling a switch for the right sling shot on TAF and forgot to shut the machine off!!!!! Stopped to take a drink of my iced tea and I guess that was long enough to distract this old man!!

Putting the switch back in I touched the switch to the sling shot coil and the entire machine died instantly. That's the bad news. Good news it may not be too bad. My 12VDC regulator is shot but all other voltages are ok. Killed Q46 and probably Q45. I think that I probably fried the switch matrix (U-18, 1N4148, U-20 ULN2803 and/or U13 74LS240) along with Q45 and Q46.

My question for the group is what other preventative measures should I take since I will be going through removing the CPU board and the power driver board? Good time to recap the Power Driver Board even though there is no evidence of swelling or leaking of those caps?

Would love to hear any and all thoughts and opinions. Yeah I know I'm a jerk for not making sure the machine was off so we can hold those opinios??!! LOL.

Alan

3 months later
#2606 5 years ago

So I have my Addams Family working 100% and want to start doing some upgrades.

The pop bumpers are rather dark and I want to upgrade them. Thinking about the Bright Caps EVO LED for the pop bumpers. Has anyone put these in their TAF? Since the Bright Caps EVO are about 5mm taller I am wondering if anyone knows if it will fit the pop bumper under the ramp?

Another option is the Comet Pinball LED ring. Wonder if anyone has used these and what your thoughts are.

Finally, I just love the plasma pop bumper caps! Look great but at $100.00 each I will not be getting those.

Any other suggestions or ideas are most welcome.

Thanks all and hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and wishing you a happy new year!

Alan

#2610 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I'm doing a repair/shop out on an Addams right now...I went the led "hats" from Comet. They look great!! Plus they have white LEDs that face into the bodies for additional light. I didnt use the UFO rings because of the ramp cut out.

GLSP3022

Wow, thanks a lot I really appreciate the photos! They do look great. I saw those and they are one that I am considering but wasn't sure how they would look so the pictures were perfect!

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

I put in the Comet rings, even in the shaved off one, sticks out slightly but I can live with it. I’ll probably end up sanding that edge straight because of OCD but it looks good.

J67ab

Thanks for the pictures! I like the look a lot. I am looking at the BrightCaps EVO about the same but have more LED's in the center. Nice look with cap outlined in LED's

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlestonscpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=charlestonscpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.