IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4291 2 years ago

I am officially a member of the club now. Thanks to a very nice Pinsider I was able to get an all original (unhacked and unmodified game). It has some bruises and wear and definitely needs cleaning but I am so glad to see no modifications were made/added except for NVRAM. This game even has incandescent lights still.

My plans - LED OCD boards and a Pin2DMD. That's it - I want it to look and play as original as possible with just a touch of upgraded technology. I'll also need to find a way to "repair/cover" the right in-lane switch that is a bit chewed up.

Full cleaning and flipper rebuild etc ahead of me. If anyone has any tips / tricks / recommendations for things I should check/fix/look out for while stripping/cleaning please let me know. For example I read a post on here that a flasher under the ramp is so hard to get to it makes sense to LED it while you have the game apart.

This game is going next to my Funhouse. Rudy is already concerned about the creepy and kooky neighbors that have moved in.

IMG_1518 (resized).JPGIMG_1518 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#4293 2 years ago

Question - when I got the game I had trouble making the ramp shot (the bear kick ramp) from the right flipper. I would estimate that 3/4 or 4/5 times it would come back down. Left flipper I could make the shot all day long.

I have since rebuilt the flippers and while the right flipper needed a new coil (heat definitely shrunk the sleeve and was impacting the mechanical movement) I haven't improved on that shot much in a couple of test games.

Can someone please confirm that this shot should be more difficult from the right flipper or should I keep digging for a flipper issue?

#4295 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Definitely more difficult to make it up from the right flipper and a perfect shot is required to make it all the way up. The angle your flipper is mounted at may also have some effect. I try to keep mine at the default position where the bat is just above the reference pin.

First off - your cat avatar photo is great.

Second - thank you for this. I appreciate the confirmation. I've often struggled remembering which games need the bat lined up with the tip on the hole/pin versus just above it and on this one I did line up just above it (like my Funhouse). So you've confirmed two things for me!

#4298 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

…maybe it’s different, but more difficult???
I don‘t think so. Actually, the shot should be doable from both flippers.

I'm about 20-30 games in after my rebuild. I would say the right flipper is do-able and I have made it a number of times and it seems improved frequency from prior to the rebuild. When the ball rolls off the lane guide and I try to make the shot that way it seems "harder" and more likely to come back down. It seems if the right flipper randomly hits the ball another way it is more likely to make it up the ramp.

4 weeks later
#4343 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

getting a thing up opto error message can't seem to find the optos for the thing though, anybody got a pic of them? just picked up this beater so maybe they are missing?

Left side - just above the left upper flipper. There is a path the ball goes through with optos. Also the bookcase has optos.

#4345 2 years ago

I apologize - I read ccbigsoo7's message too quickly and didn't notice he was specifically asking about Thing.

#4354 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

HA !!!! This price range would be a well used Addams . There are none for sale , my buddy turned down $12500 , ya its nice .
The one for sale at $7900 is a darn good deal , it appears.

You have to dig for good deals and post wanted ads and talk to fellow collectors in your circle. A sub-$7k AF isn't impossible to find these days but you won't trip over them (I paid 6.5k two months ago from a fellow pinsider I had never met before). Not everyone in the world demands inflated prices these days. Some are more reasonable.

As with all things patience is the name of the game. Many people on here agree through anecdotal analysis is that people with money and boredom (pandemic related on both accounts) want instant sanctification of a new game and that has driven costs up.

I did notice in my close tracking of this game over the last year that games above $8k do sit for a long time and have gradual price drops or come off the market unsold. While I admit that sometimes that is people avoiding fees but I think (again I admit anecdotally) that a lot of people are asking for crazy numbers and NOT getting them.

To sum up - the market on all pins is definitely crazy and stupid - but I actually think it LOOKS way worse than it is.

1 month later
#4391 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Great suggestions and information! Thanks, everyone!

I don't care for toys on my games so all I did on mine is I added LED OCD and GI OCD as well as a Color DMD (actually I did a Pin2DMD). I also added the magnet board for protection of the playfield. My game already had NVRAM otherwise I would have added that as well. If your game had corrosion and got repaired I'm guessing a socket was installed so you could put NVRAM in easily if it wasn't put in there already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 180.00
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=brainmegaphone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.