Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
20240323_132510 (resized).jpg
20240323_132525 (resized).jpg
20240323_173327 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Walamab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3408 4 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm not a member yet but hope to be soon. I am gathering parts and pieces in anticipation of restoring a project machine (That I do not yet own).

Does anyone have a source for the 2 5/8" switch bracket (01-9476-4) that is part of the ramp assembly? Marco has a listing but it has been out of stock for a long time https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9476-4 . Is there a way to modify/use the 2 1/4" switch bracket (01-9476-2) that is also a part of the ramp assembly? (Since it is shorter I would think not).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

if you dont have a machine yet, how do you know you need that?

Im building the entire ramp assembly in anticipation of using it for a future restoration project. I am guessing that the type of machine I can afford (or one wife will let me afford) will likely be completely roached and need a new one. Plus it gives me something to tinker with

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

here are probably a few brackets that could be modified to fit in place of the NLA 01-9476-4. I used a 01-14188 which measures 2 3/4". It is available at PPS. I think that I enlarged the left mounting hole for a better fit.

Thanks for the push in the right direction. I can definitely make this work

1 week later
#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

from a TAF that was in a fire

wallybgood Do you happen to have the crossover wire form/ramp that you might be willing to sell (any condition is fine)?

#3417 4 years ago

wallybgood or even the main ball guide? again...any condition...Thanks!

or any of the other NLA metal parts ...

10 months later
#3977 3 years ago

I need to purchase a new topper. What does the group recommend Smoke or Clear and why? All opinions are appreciated!

8 months later
#4370 2 years ago

I'm in the club. Had to build my own but that's ok .

Addams Family (resized).PNGAddams Family (resized).PNG

#4376 2 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

which part of the build did you find most difficult?

Making wiring harnesses one wire at a time on the playfield with no example to follow was the most tedious but not necessarily difficult. This is followed by debugging the connections to the 7-opto board. I still have an issue with Bookcase Opto 4. But, it works .

Added over 3 years ago:

fixed the problem with Bookcase Opto 4. It helps to have the return for the LED connected to the correct connector location ...

#4377 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Now do it again

I'd like to but right now I have no $$ to do it .

5 months later
#4658 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Looking for advice on replacing my wpc89 power driver board in TAF. It’s had a rough life and needs repairs every year or two. Thinking of a new aftermarket board. Is rottendog pretty much the go to option or is there anything else to consider? I’ve always had original boards so this this new territory for me. Also which distributor is good to work with? I see it's available at Games We Play, Pinball Life, and The Pinball Wizard out of Utah. Thanks in advance for advice/opinions.

I'd consider getting one of Victor Tan's boards. He has a thread under his handle Dumbass. He uses modern components so the 5V to the MPU is much more stable. I think Rottendog's have this improvement too. I used his MPU, WPC-SND, and WPC power driver boards in my TAF build. They work flawlessly.

9 months later
#5182 1 year ago

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for suggestions for how to keep the yellow lamp from constantly coming out of the electric chair socket. It is a wedge type. I've considered pulling the chair and changing to a bayonet, but I don't think there is room in the chair for a bayonet socket.

I've tried adjusting the metal contacts in the wedge socket to provide more friction but, so far it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

#5195 1 year ago

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

@Dumbass, I think I'm going to go with the bayonet sockets. Fortunately, when I made this assembly, I put the diodes in line with the wiring harness, so they won't be in the way if I change the sockets. Hopefully I can hollow out the chair a bit to make things fit more easily.

Since this machine was a scratch build, I have no plans to sell it

Thanks again!

5 months later
#5662 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Got the call today from Paul at Virtual Pin Cabinets and my full trimmed Addams Family cabinet will ship next week

Super Stoked !!

You won't be dissappointed! He does great work. I have used his cabinets for 2 scratch builds and both turned out really nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
30,000 (OBO)
$ 180.00
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 159.00
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Walamab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=Walamab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.