IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm putting in a new clear ramp from Starship Fantasy. How much better do these look compared to the original smoked ramp? I hate the smoked appearance, it always looks dirty. Also do the decals come pre-applied?

I prefer how it lightens up the pf. The decals have to be applied. I believe the cheapest place I found was BAA when I bought mine a month ago.

#1539 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

They have it for $147 but it's out of stock along with the smoked one. With Starship's being $154 it's not far off. Marco wants $175 which is just stupid. At least Starship advertises thicker plastic.

Is it licensed? Anyone have one from them? Any fitment issues by chance due to the thicker plastic?

#1543 6 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

How is your 'Thing Light Board' hooked up with the ColorDMD? Is there enough room for both?
If not, goodtobedad has a great slim LED board for sale. Just got one and makes for a perfect fit.
http://pin-mods.com/product/taf-thing-light-board/

Been a while since I installed one on a TAF but I believe that the color DMD LCD SCRERN emulates the thing board with the lower section of the screen. The existing thing board is removed IIRC.

3 weeks later
#1579 6 years ago

The same double sided tape that you secure rails with is strong enough to hold it well.

#1582 6 years ago

If you're going alt on the decals, I like the all silver. I prefer the original blue over the alts though, it's a very signature look for TAF.

#1585 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I wonder if you guys have this switch plastic cover on your ramps....
Mine ain't got...

Yes, it's original to the game but many times when the ramps are replaced with clear ones people don't spend the extra money to purchase a new clear cover. It's just to stop ball traps up there, not absolutly necessary in a home environment if you don't want it. If you do, Marco has it.

2 weeks later
#1616 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I was never a fan of the "smoked plastic era" I replaced my TAF ramp and cloud with clear. Looks much better!

Hey Bro! You got toys in your kitchen....

That's the one and only sacred place my toys aren't allowed. My wife would go nuts if her kitchen looked like that lol

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I had 6 lined up in kitchen once for about 2 months while i was working on a project. Wife hated it. I kinda liked it.

LoL I sold my dinette to put three pins in my dining room because I was out of room in the last house's pinball room. Turns out, I had enough from selling the stupidly expensive formal table that we never used to buy another pin! Luckily in this house I have a 1400sq ft clubhouse in the basement with bar/kitchen, Home theater, full bath, spare bedroom w/ king bed, and another bedroom for pinball overflow (which I have almost filled up). I'm eyeing the formal living room upstairs but not sure I'll be allowed to venture upstairs when we already agreed upon purchase that those 1400sq ft were mine. Who needs a spare bedroom anyway.........

1 month later
#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Do you have a contact for the Pingraffix pinblades? I would like a set..
Thanks

I have an extra set for sale, just pm if you're interested.

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from mikusm:

Can someone send me a top side pic of the thing out hole? I am missing the coil, bracket and plunger but I don't know if there is a kicker arm. I don't see it in the manual, so is the plunger directly impacting the ball? Sounds strange.

That's not actually the out hole for the Thing, that is just a saucer where the ball gets picked up by the Thing hand or knocked out to drop to the upper flipper. I can send you a photos when I get home if nobody else posts it before then.

#1735 6 years ago

Pardon the incorrect coil in the photos but this is what you are looking for. The assembly is part number A-15368-1 from section 2-22 & 2-38 of the manual and it's called an "Eject Assembly". While you won't be able to find it assembled most likely, you can find the parts here:

Bracket 01-10652: http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-10652

23-6420 Rubber grommet: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6420

A-15371 Plunger: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15371

10-135 Solenoid spring: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-135

AE-30-2000 coil: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/AE-30-2000

03-7067-5 coil tubing: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7067-5

01-8-508-T solenoid bracket: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8-508-T

2 of the 4008-01017-04 screws which you can get similar here that will work: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4008-01003-05

Hope this helps,

Jesse

IMG_0445 (resized).JPGIMG_0445 (resized).JPG
IMG_0341 (resized).JPGIMG_0341 (resized).JPG

#1738 6 years ago
Quoted from mikusm:

Thanks, Jesse. That was perfect. I had already ordered the parts for the assembly, just neede to know the plunger was what actually contacted with the ball to get it out of the hole. Both pics showed that.

No problem, I apologize for misunderstanding what you were looking for the first time I sent pics.

4 weeks later
#1780 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Just picked up a TAF in my collection a week ago! Love this game! I threw a pinball pro sound system in it and now the speaker panel rattles like hell. Anybody have a good permanent fix to stop the rattle on the speaker insert?

I have used a few dabs of hot glue spread around the panel to solve the issue on some pins I've owned. I'm sure there are other options but that worked for me.

2 years later
#3900 3 years ago

Cleaning out my vat of extra pin stuff and found a Pin-Mods LED Thing board if anyone is interested. $20 plus shipping first class should be about $3-$4.

20200913_160254 (resized).jpg20200913_160254 (resized).jpg20200913_160258 (resized).jpg20200913_160258 (resized).jpg
#3904 3 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

I've removed two mylars in my time.
One was a Funhouse playfield mylar, using various levels of chemicals until found one strong enough to break down the mylar adheasive and not damage the artwork. Slow, but worked, and easy to control the amount and placement solvent.
Second was a Roadshow playfield using freeze spray method. Hard to tell if temperature is correct, to control the spray, and see if its working. Pulled up the clear over large inserts multiple times.
I would never recommend the freeze spray method, because of the very fact it's not an exact science, you don't know if the glue will freeze approriately, and for the same reason I hand polish ramps instead of flame polish them.
Risk vs reward, I would recommend the slower, safer method.

If your freeze spray method is pulling on the art, then it's not cold enough. I have done about 20 or so via this method and aside for the hassle of removing the leftover adhesive residue, it's a snap and has never once caused damage.

#3907 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

For left over adhesive i will only use rapid-tac adhesive remover.
Its glorious.
10 min clean up.

Good to know, thanks. I've tried various substances with differing results.

4 weeks later
#3953 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay Addams Group
Need your help
This is my 5th Addams I’ve owned since 2004 and it’s a childhood favorite of mine
Now with that there comes that moment when I walk away from it and sell it .. move to the next pin .. you know that moment
THEN months - years later I “re discover” the wow factor of The Addams Family from either a show game played or a buddy has one Etc
and I’m reborn hunting down yet another Addams and again the price value has again gone up
There getting harder to find as your all aware and don’t want to hunt another down next year at yet again a price increase
Any ideas to help it’s keeper appeal ??
Already have her pretty cut throat on the settings and what not
Being honest and want to keep her bolted down but fear I’ll stop wanting the play
I have seen new options out there
Shaker Motor and a new sound board
Are these really worthy or just a small notch in the belt of wow appeal
Color Dmd in Addams really doesn’t seem needed to me anyways, as it was the beginning of that Pixel technology and the clips are nothing compared to today
And yes that shooter rod I have owned over the years and reinstall on every joining Addams
Any advice from owners and fans of a true Pat Lawlor Classic
[quoted image][quoted image]

As someone who has had 4 go through my hands including a HEP, one I fully restored, and a near perfect TAFG, I can only say that I miss it and wish I would have kept my last one (the TAFG). I've settled on now that if CGC remakes it, I'll own it again and if not it'll just stick as one of my regrets.

TAF is the single pin that got me into pinball when I was young when all my friends were on the video game side of the arcade. It has a special place in my heart and hopefully some day I can have one back in my line up.

1 week later
#3971 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Hi All, I posted a little while ago about removing mylar for a playfield protector install and thanks for the replies. I'm in a position now where I can start but I have wear on the mansion inserts that will definitely be visible underneath the playfield protector. What would you do in this situation? Pics included.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Since you asked, I would replace the PF if the wear bothered me. There is a lot going on in the mansion area including raised inserts, planking of the PF, multiple areas missing artwork completely, etc.. I can only assume that there is significant wear elsewhere as well. I'm not exactly sure what you are looking to protect at this point with the installation of the protector. It won't look any good on top of all of that variation in surface. You would have to even out that surface for it to look half way decent but it would still be significantly flawed underneath. With the work you have to go through to strip the top of the PF to place the protector, I would just keep going and replace the PF.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=Jarbyjibbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.