wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
20240323_132510 (resized).jpg
20240323_132525 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4799 2 years ago

Need replacement sockets for the lights in TAF topper and they look like they are slightly different from the sockets under the playfield. Can someone confirm and if I am right point me to where I can pick up the correct lamp sockets?

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Does anyone know where to get this sign? I have a customer that wants it for his

Only place I ever saw this was from loop combo, but it's now listed as being out of stock:

https://loopcombo.com/products/backlit-signs-for-the-addams-family-pinball-thing-vault-pack?variant=15449097666626

#4802 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Here you go. Have one all torn down. These use 906 wedge sockets.

Thanks so much!

1 week later
#4817 2 years ago

Have a routed Addams Family that I just started to maintain and discovered light battery acid damage at the bottoms of two batteries. Visually from the front of the board, the damage seems to have been contained to the battery holder terminals themselves. Cleaned the visible acid damage from the battery holder with alcohol and lightly with a picking tool and installed new batteries that I know are good, but the machine reverts to factory settings upon reboot even after new settings are punched in. Otherwise, everything works perfectly in the machine, so I'm puzzled. Is it worth replacing the battery holder? Any other ideas?

Below is a photo of the board AFTER I cleaned off the acid and installed new batteries.

TAF Batteries (resized).JPGTAF Batteries (resized).JPG
#4820 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

So you get a good luck underneath it, yes.

Quoted from JOESCHALL:
Any other ideas?

Grab you meter and see if battery power is getting onto the board. Easy to lose continuity on the pads that grip the battery ends to the board.

Thanks much. Will do.

2 weeks later
#4853 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I have a game play question. I was reading my rule set on Willy Wonk and it mentioned a shot on that game is like TZ. I had no idea on TZ one shot is to shoot clean through the bumpers from the right flipper, as the ball loops around to the top right flipper you try to hit a combo. Are you trying to hit the train shot or the ramp?

thanks in advance and I am sure it is in here somewhere, but I can't find it.

From memory, I feel sure it's the ramp. I say that because the train shot would end the sequence, whereas the ramp shoot delivers to the small left flipper, allowing you to continue the combo, which then ends if you hit the graveyard shot at the right scoop. I think I recall getting that sequence a few times and getting the combo award. But I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

#4856 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

My son shocked me with a 4 way combo

Ramp
Return to flippers
Through graveyard upper right flipper to the side ramp

Lower left flipper in the swamp

Super proud !!

Yup. Nice. And it's a short but very gratifying video and audio callout, as I recall.

2 months later
#4989 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

also, how easy are the two pieces on the left to assemble?

I'll take a look under the hood and see if I can help with board location. What do you mean by "the two pieces on the left"?

#4991 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I'll take a look under the hood and see if I can help with board location.

Here you go. The board goes under the playfield near the rear left. One photo of the board installed and one of the board pulled to show detail. Hope this helps.

TAF Installed (resized).JPGTAF Installed (resized).JPGTAF Pulled (resized).JPGTAF Pulled (resized).JPG
#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

also, how easy are the two pieces on the left to assemble?

As to the difficulty of the assembly of the ball shooter lane feeder and the kicker arm slingshot assembly, that's a tough call without knowing your experience. But I'll say two things--both of which are mechanical rather than electrical. For the ball shooter lane assembly, I would first remove it from the playfield by way of the screws and do no disassembly unnecessarily, using the removed assembly as a template right in the machine if possible so that as you assemble the new part you have a guide to go by. For the kicker arm slingshot, I would follow the same advice, but in this case you have the advantage of a complementary assembly on the other side of the playfield, so you can always use that as your template. For any original coils involved, just let them dangle from the soldered wires during your disassembly but note their orientation within the assembly and be sure to reassemble them in the same orientation.

Hope that helps.

#4995 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

Thank you Might need to get the bracket for it

Sure. Good luck!

#5000 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

Quoted from pinballinreno:
The manual has exploded views of the mechs
Did you order support brackets for the board?

Any links for the proper brackets?

To state the obvious, just in case, be certain that you don't already have support brackets and the old board in the machine. If so, you can always drill out the rivets that mounted the board to the brackets originally and use something like standoffs or other mounting hardware such as bolts and washers instead (I think I would use plastic washers, but maybe that's not necessary). Otherwise, going by appearance and the listing of product compatibility, I think that TWO of the below brackets from marco would work. Again, you would have to use some other mounting hardware to attach the board to the bracket unless you can rivet.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10756

2 weeks later
#5062 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

might need some f ine tuning, but all in now.

Looks good. I'm no expert on this, but in the case of those strips running to your pop bumper lights for the lower-most pop bumper in the photo, I would separate the strips more when you staple them down and make sure they aren't coming in contact with any other metal parts, such as a support bracket. Again, I'm no expert and not positive of this, but I would worry about a short otherwise. I like the way you've clearly separated them and kept them away from metal parts for the other pop bumpers.

#5066 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

is it ok if they rest against the staples? wouldn't that count as metal too? I Tried to keep them as clear from everything as possible.

Yes, that just secures them to the wood and doesn't present the possibility of a short. But I wouldn't let two staples touch or let the leads or staples touch anything else metal.

2 weeks later
#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

also, just to make things easier, would this light kit get me EVERYTHING? Solenoids, Flashers et al? It would be easier ordering the set than doing 50 orders
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/product?product_id=05-1005

I don't know the answer as to whether the marco light kit you linked to (listed as Out of Stock), and others may certainly disagree, but on TAF and other titles I've had much better luck going with non-ghosting premiums from Cointaker. Kits from other manufacturers sometime have ghosting issues in my experience and it can be really annoying. And if light color doesn't matter to you (with a few exceptions where color matters to indicate status of the chair and Thing), you could count what you need and order non-ghosting white bulbs in bulk from Cointaker at a discount. I like bright whites for feature inserts and warm whites for anything that shows, such as GI. My only other thought is that for flashers, I actually don't go with LEDs in many cases and use incandescents. The flashers can actually be too bright. Just my 2 cents.

6 months later
#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from phylaxis:

Just wanted to say hi. I’m hoping to be a future owner someday but tracking down a machine is hard. I fell in love with TAF in college. There was a machine in the student union and it took a lot of the few extra dollars I had in those days. It was totally worth it. Pretty much since then I’ve hoped to have one of my own. Enjoying all the pictures and stories here, so thanks!

They're out there . . .

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/151498

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
$ 1,159.00
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=JOESCHALL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.