wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
20240323_132510 (resized).jpg
20240323_132525 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ambro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3092 4 years ago

Sounds familiar; I had thing magnet not working all the time (replaced magnet and founds wires were broken internally), thing opto not working all the time (again another broken wire internally leading to opto), ball trough switch randomly working which gave phantom drains during play and various other crap.

My game is in pretty mint condition and the previous owner had babied it for 15 years so I was really annoyed too - but it did travel 800 km to get to my house so I expected a few problems. The machine is now 3 months old here…

My advice is like that mentioned above, especially having two people working on it helps. I’m 6ft4” so reaching in isn’t a drama but putting it low to the ground makes sense if you struggle to reach. Don’t be afraid to get the multimeter and soldering iron out and try to isolate one problem at a time. You must source some manuals if you haven’t got one already. Parts are cheap, if in doubt replace them.

Once you nail one of the problems you’ll feel like a champ and you will be more confident to move to the next. I suggest start with the thing magnet fix first as it really is just removing the thing hand and testing the continuity of wires / fuses.

I like tinkering so for me it has been a fun adventure seeing how a 90’s machine was built - but worst case scenario - don’t sweat it - find a pinball repair guy and preferably get them to fix it in front of you if possible. I know it costs more money but you’ll have the knowledge and a working machine without stress, and as I get older this takes priority!

Good luck and let us know how you go - lucky we have these types of forums and helpful advice to follow - I couldn’t imagine how lost I would be back in the day without the internet and Pinside …!!

3 months later
#3359 4 years ago

I read about the LCD OCD boards on this thread, did the research and bit the bullet. Now my TAF lightshow feels like it should. Pricey bit of kit but I would say it is in the top 3 mods to do, maybe even number 1. If you think your LEDs are a bit harsh or things don't look right give this board a go - you won't be disappointed.

#3365 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Did you get both boards?
Jeff

Unfortunately no.
I had to go through comet to get the board as the supplier here in Australia didn’t have any. That being said the GI board doesn’t seem to be stocked by anybody except LEDOCD themselves (who don’t ship OS).
If someone can prove me wrong I’d be a happy man. I have the ultra bright comet sunlight bulbs and being able to tweak them would be awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 1,059.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ambro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=Ambro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.