IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 132.
#4751 2 years ago

My first TAF. As I go thru the machine it was purchased somewhat working.

Of course the swamp has issues.

Things I’ve done:
Coil ohm is 10.5
Cool voltage 70.6v
Coil had no sleeve. So I replaced with new per part number in manual.
Replaced the old plunger.
Replaced the recoil spring.

I noticed when I took it apart that the solenoid bracket had 2 sets of screw holes in pf. Both have been used. I presumed someone did a hack job but what I don’t know is which is correct. It was mounted in the set furthest away from swamp bracket. Maybe 1/4” max further back. Ball won’t eject. Coil fires it basically peeps over the edge of pf.

Moved the coil to the closet set of holes and have same issue. The coil fires ball comes up but alas no eject.

I’m a bit stumped. It appears fine electrically.

AEF2E0F3-DBAA-4C5C-9421-9AC1C4623F44 (resized).jpegAEF2E0F3-DBAA-4C5C-9421-9AC1C4623F44 (resized).jpeg
#4752 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Do I have a crazy Addams pf? In doing my swap, I find that I have a post by the saucer, which is outlined in the artwork, that does not exist on new pf from either CPR or Mirco. But they make their pf work original silk screens, so I'm confused by not just the lack of post hole, but the difference in paint where the post goes.
Does anyone else have this post on their original Addams pf?

Yes, my playfield has a post there. But it's different, it's the one with a black rubber sleeve..... It's an early TAF.

#4753 2 years ago

I need some help.

I’m nearing the end of my Addams family restoration that I started a few years ago from a parts machine and I’m needing one more harness.

I’m missing whatever harness goes from the fliptronics board to the extra flipper supply board.

Does anyone have one or would be willing to copy theirs for me? I’d be happy to pay you for your time.

6B239F08-1ADE-46EE-A2EC-042E603F0E32 (resized).jpeg6B239F08-1ADE-46EE-A2EC-042E603F0E32 (resized).jpeg
#4754 2 years ago

BALL TROUGH ISSUES WITH THE ADDAMS FAMILY... ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Aloha,

I run a small brewpub on Kauai and have the only public machines on the island. Being in the middle of the pacific ocean repair tech's aren't very readily available, so I do most of the repair work myself. If anyone can help me with the following issues, I'd appreciate it...I'll buy you some beers when you make it out here...

The problem I'm having is:

The balls pile up at the entrance to the ball trough and don't move forward from there. All 4 trough switches are working (they show up on the matrix when I do switch tests).

It seems the problem is with the solenoids.

Beginning with #4, Ball Release. It doesn't operate when I run the test.
#5, Out Hole
#6, Thing Magnet also don't run during the solenoid tests.
Oddly enough, #7, Thing Kick out works,
#8 Lockup Kick out does not work.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you

Ball trough (resized).jpgBall trough (resized).jpg
#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from Thestrangebrewer:

BALL TROUGH ISSUES WITH THE ADDAMS FAMILY... ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Aloha,
I run a small brewpub on Kauai and have the only public machines on the island. Being in the middle of the pacific ocean repair tech's aren't very readily available, so I do most of the repair work myself. If anyone can help me with the following issues, I'd appreciate it...I'll buy you some beers when you make it out here...
The problem I'm having is:
The balls pile up at the entrance to the ball trough and don't move forward from there. All 4 trough switches are working (they show up on the matrix when I do switch tests).
It seems the problem is with the solenoids.
Beginning with #4, Ball Release. It doesn't operate when I run the test.
#5, Out Hole
#6, Thing Magnet also don't run during the solenoid tests.
Oddly enough, #7, Thing Kick out works,
#8 Lockup Kick out does not work.
Everything else seems to be working fine.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you[quoted image]

Check the fuses with an ohmmeter, see if they blow immediately on startup.

Are all the problems on the same circuit?

Test the switches.

Check for loose wires or broken diodes.

#4756 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I need some help.
I’m nearing the end of my Addams family restoration that I started a few years ago from a parts machine and I’m needing one more harness.
I’m missing whatever harness goes from the fliptronics board to the extra flipper supply board.
Does anyone have one or would be willing to copy theirs for me? I’d be happy to pay you for your time.[quoted image]

I may be able to help you. I have been planning on recreating this harness for my game since I had to patch mine in places when I rebuilt my machine. I may be able to build one for you too. Luckily it’s a pretty simple harness.

Note - this harness does connect to another one in the game via a Z connector.

#4757 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Check the fuses with an ohmmeter, see if they blow immediately on startup.

In particular F105

Check for loose wires

At the solenoids and from them to the driver board.

LTG : )

#4758 2 years ago

Does anybody ever get rejects from the upper right flipper to ramp shot?

It seems to be that tight u-turn causing the problem. My ramp has a slight crack in the wall there but not sure if that's contributing or not. Cheers.

#4759 2 years ago

I appreciate the input guys, thank you.
I double checked all the fuses including 105, and they're good. Some solenoids don't have diodes, but the ones that do, all are good... (I confirmed fuses and Diodes with a Multimeter- at least all the ones I saw.), I'm not seeing any disconnected wires under the playfield, however, On J120, the yellow wire was disconnected. I have it back in place now, and still no dice. I also noticed (is it the bridge rectifier?) is loose. Could that cause the problem?

TAF J120 (resized).jpgTAF J120 (resized).jpgTAF bridge (resized).jpgTAF bridge (resized).jpg
#4760 2 years ago

That is a Heat Sink on the BR (bridge Rectifier). that alone will not cause the problem however you do want to get that screwed back on. Those BR's get hot and can fail over time if they are not cooled.

I used to fly to Kauai at least once a month. Have not been there in a couple years now. Will have to come visit you next time I am there.

#4761 2 years ago
Quoted from Thestrangebrewer:

Some solenoids don't have diodes,

None should have diodes except flipper coils.

#4762 2 years ago

Is it sad that I have a Addams Gold at home but I’m still dropping quarters in this when I go to the bar?

5FD2C22B-8149-4D31-9710-8F530633EB7B (resized).jpeg5FD2C22B-8149-4D31-9710-8F530633EB7B (resized).jpeg89B38BA3-C1A8-4FDD-BF98-3A6756C399F7 (resized).jpeg89B38BA3-C1A8-4FDD-BF98-3A6756C399F7 (resized).jpeg
#4763 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Is it sad that I have a Addams Gold at home but I’m still dropping quarters in this when I go to the bar?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I do the same thing.

#4764 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I still find it a challenge when it’s not your personal machine and when you drop a quarter in it it’s that height of adrenaline to do your best !!

I’ve played many Addams in the wild - Of course not as many as they used to be

Plus we got to keep the operators earning lol

#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I still find it a challenge when it’s not your personal machine and when you drop a quarter in it it’s that height of adrenaline to do your best !!
I’ve played many Addams in the wild - Of course not as many as they used to be
Plus we got to keep the operators earning lol

I have no problem dumping quarters at a barcade or pinball location.

Its awsome to play at an arcade, what a rush!

#4766 2 years ago

Where is this modified pop cap supposed to be used, and what is the point? My original part field had 5 gold caps, none were modified, but everything seemed to fit together just fine.

IMG_20220203_082252140 (resized).jpgIMG_20220203_082252140 (resized).jpg
#4767 2 years ago

That goes on the top right pop next to the ramp, it's cut so it doesn't overhang the ramp

#4768 2 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

That goes on the top right pop next to the ramp, it's cut so it doesn't overhang the ramp

Aha, I see where you mean. Probably didn't affect performance, but a cleaner sight line is nice. Great design! Thanks for the answer!

IMG_20211230_090609027~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20211230_090609027~2 (resized).jpg
#4769 2 years ago

My bottom right flipper is dead. Switch edge test doesn’t show the button switch register either. Haven’t checked anything else yet, any ideas for tomorrow?

#4770 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

any ideas for tomorrow?

Broken wire from flipper button switch to fliptronics board ?

#4771 2 years ago

Need your help, my TAF has an unknown power issue. 3 out of four 4 times it powers on and plays awesome for hours at end. One out of four times it has power issues after a few hours - the DMD goes mostly blank, all lights turn off. When it does this, I have to power it off for multiple hours (usually over night) and then it's fine again. Ideas on what is happening?

#4772 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Ideas on what is happening?

Losing power. Next time it goes off. Leave it turned on and check the voltage test points on the driver board and see what went low or missing.

#4773 2 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I may be able to help you. I have been planning on recreating this harness for my game since I had to patch mine in places when I rebuilt my machine. I may be able to build one for you too. Luckily it’s a pretty simple harness.
Note - this harness does connect to another one in the game via a Z connector.

Here is the harness:

IMG-4776 (resized).jpgIMG-4776 (resized).jpg
IMG-4778 (resized).jpgIMG-4778 (resized).jpg
IMG-4777 (resized).jpgIMG-4777 (resized).jpg

#4774 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Broken wire from flipper button switch to fliptronics board ?

All the flipper switches have connectivity up to the fliptronics board

#4775 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

All the flipper switches have connectivity up to the fliptronics board

Blown fuse? Proper voltage at the fuse holder/switch/flipper?

#4776 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Need your help, my TAF has an unknown power issue. 3 out of four 4 times it powers on and plays awesome for hours at end. One out of four times it has power issues after a few hours - the DMD goes mostly blank, all lights turn off. When it does this, I have to power it off for multiple hours (usually over night) and then it's fine again. Ideas on what is happening?

Probably time to rebuild the power supply section of the driver board.

Also its good when troubleshooting to take note of the power at the wall outlet.

a simple plug in voltage display off of Amazon is helpful, I use mine all the time.

#4777 2 years ago

I pressed on the some of connectors on the power driver board, particularly the J115 connector and the machine comes to life. Loose wire or short? It's working now but should I reseat all the connectors when I get sometime?

Quoted from WarriorPin:

#4778 2 years ago

Blown fuse? Proper voltage at the fuse holder/switch/flipper?

Unfortunately it seemed to be a loose cable somewhere. Game needs all new ribbons anyway.

#4779 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Unfortunately it seemed to be a loose cable somewhere. Game needs all new ribbons anyway.

Might be a loose or flakey IDC connection.

I would look there first, sometimes those old connections just hang by a thread. The IDC not only cuts the insulation, but sometimes cuts the wire too.

Or just start replacing those old IDC's with trifurcons just as a matter of good practice, especially if they seem loose or wiggle.

My DW was flakey as hell, lots of corroded connections. I just started replacing the worst with trifurcons and the game finally stabilized.

Later I had all the boards rebuilt by Chris Hibler and ended replacing all of them.

The game is now rock solid.

#4780 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

I pressed on the some of connectors on the power driver board, particularly the J115 connector and the machine comes to life. Loose wire or short? It's working now but should I reseat all the connectors when I get sometime?

Same as above, loose IDC connections and dirty worn header pins.

1 week later
#4781 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the thing anti-trap and can possibly advise me on where it goes? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10655

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

None should have diodes except flipper coils.

Thanks LTG Pin-Pilot

With the help of a friend, we discovered that J130 on the power Driver Board only has power to a few of the pins. The pins that have power are 1, 2, and 8.
The pins that don't have power (the rest of them) are causing Solenoids 4,5,6, and 8 not to work.

I found this chart referring to the transistors associated with J130. I figure we'll start with checking those transistors. Do you have any other technical input on what we should be looking for? My buddy is pretty skilled with this kind of electronics, but hasn't specifically worked on pinball machines, other than mine.
Thanks again

TAF transistors (resized).jpgTAF transistors (resized).jpg
#4783 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Has anyone installed the thing anti-trap and can possibly advise me on where it goes? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10655

Here ya go.

p002 (resized).jpgp002 (resized).jpg
#4784 2 years ago

anyone following the three TAF's on ebay...seems like an odd way to list these machines....

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

anyone following the three TAF's on ebay...seems like an odd way to list these machines....

Yeah I saw that today too. Not sure what to think about it. New way to run a scam maybe? Risky to do it on eBay I would think.

#4786 2 years ago

TZ listed as well

Quoted from monkfe:

#4787 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Looks like a scam to me.

#4788 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Someone please tell me my TAF is worth that much.

#4789 2 years ago

Needing this metal trough piece to complete my addams family playfield swap. Anyone have one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-wpc-metal-trough-piece-

#4790 2 years ago
Quoted from dharv:

Someone please tell me my TAF is worth that much.

oh not the 18k one, these were all listed around 6-7k, and now they gone...as in deleted from ebay...so scam for sure....

#4791 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Needing this metal trough piece to complete my addams family playfield swap. Anyone have one?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-wpc-metal-trough-piece-

The whole assembly? Or parts of it?

Google is your friend !

Marco has a search bar !

Its an amazing world we live in.

I did 2 mins of searching !

Marco has the outhole guide and a lot of parts (they are a great resource):

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-8623
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6542
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10599
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1B-3569

Good luck on your resto !

#4792 2 years ago

The whole assembly? Or parts of it?
Google is your friend !
Marco has a search bar !
Its an amazing world we live in.
I did 2 mins of searching !
Marco has the outhole guide and a lot of parts (they are a great resource):
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-8623
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6542
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10599
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1B-3569
Good luck on your resto !

The first one you linked! I had no idea what it was called. Thanks!

#4793 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

The first one you linked! I had no idea what it was called. Thanks!

Your welcome!

1 week later
#4794 2 years ago

I just realized I still have my NOS cloud from my last TAF (let that one go back in '06) if anyone needs it, PM me with an offer. Thanks!

#4795 2 years ago

PM sent

Quoted from CubeSnake:

I just realized I still have my NOS cloud from my last TAF (let that one go back in '06) if anyone needs it, PM me with an offer. Thanks!

#4796 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I also have a couple floating around.
Its unclear at this point whether Im using one for my resto.

Im really liking the smoked version thats not too dark...

#4797 2 years ago

Does anyone know where to get this sign? I have a customer that wants it for his.

8F10459E-99C4-4EDF-9206-9EDE9CCCA5FA (resized).jpeg8F10459E-99C4-4EDF-9206-9EDE9CCCA5FA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4799 2 years ago

Need replacement sockets for the lights in TAF topper and they look like they are slightly different from the sockets under the playfield. Can someone confirm and if I am right point me to where I can pick up the correct lamp sockets?

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Does anyone know where to get this sign? I have a customer that wants it for his

Only place I ever saw this was from loop combo, but it's now listed as being out of stock:

https://loopcombo.com/products/backlit-signs-for-the-addams-family-pinball-thing-vault-pack?variant=15449097666626

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.