IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 132.
#401 8 years ago

Wow. Those side and backboard decals are pretty intense! They do a good job of making the whole playfield feel like the inside of the mansion. But I'm not sure that makes sense given that the swamp and graveyard are outdoors.

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Oh, right! Man TAF is seriously lacking in the G.I department isn't it. I've ordered parts to install some reflector lamps above the PF like a lot of people do with this game. I look forward to being able to play it without the lights on for once!

Reflector lamps? You mean spotlights? I agree it's very dark.

#403 8 years ago

Yeah spotlights. The parts stores I was looking at listed them as reflectors.

1 week later
#404 8 years ago

I have TAF and realized the previous owner had put bolts only to hold the playfield in. When lifting the playfield up, the bolt are starting to shift out and the playfield will eventually fall.
What is the correct playfield swivel nut/bolt?
Thanks, it driving me nuts!

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from GameVault:

I have TAF and realized the previous owner had put bolts only to hold the playfield in. When lifting the playfield up, the bolt are starting to shift out and the playfield will eventually fall.
What is the correct playfield swivel nut/bolt?
Thanks, it driving me nuts!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4322-01123-20B
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4329

1 week later
#407 8 years ago

OPINIONS NEEDED:::

What would you prefer to buy, a TAF that someone else has added MODs to or one that is all original ???

To either leave it original or add your own MODs.

#408 8 years ago

I would rather have a stock one so if I was to add anything it would be what I want.

#409 8 years ago

I have an impossible time removing this piece the phone is attached to (the blue plastic assembly).
It is held in by two Phillips head screws which are tough to reattach once you have removed the plastic assembly.

Any advice on dealing with the bugger is appreciated.

IMG_2053.jpgIMG_2053.jpg

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from REMPins:

LED behind Thing, looks like they marked the PF for a lamp socket but never put one there.
LED_behing_thing.jpg

Yeah, Bally saved themselves $2.

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

I have an impossible time removing this piece the phone is attached to (the blue plastic assembly).
It is held in by two Phillips head screws which are tough to reattach once you have removed the plastic assembly.

Magnetic screw driver and a little tweaking is how I got mine done.

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Mirror blades are cool but a beautiful side-art has its appeal!

Looks really good.

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from REMPins:

OPINIONS NEEDED:::

What would you prefer to buy, a TAF that someone else has added MODs to or one that is all original ???

To either leave it original or add your own MODs.

I suppose it would depend upon the mods that were installed. Can't really go wrong with ones that can be easily removed. Leave them if you like them, remove and sell if you don't.

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

IMG_2053.jpg

Raise the playfield into stand up service position and it's way easier to reassemble that plastic piece.

Cheers
/mima

4 weeks later
#415 8 years ago

Can someone tell me (or better yet, show me) if and how the swamp plastic attaches to the red plastic next to the swamp kickout? I've been searching for a good picture but the habitrail or flasher is blocking the view in most pictures.

#416 8 years ago

Here's a photo of what I think you're referring to. This photo is from my selection of pre-shop photos which explains the dirt

I'm not actually sure if the way these two plastics are joined is how it should be. It was how I got it from an op, and nothing appears to be broken or missing, but it doesn't look right to my eyes.

Hope it helps! Maybe someone else can verify if this is right or not.

IMG_2016.jpgIMG_2016.jpg

#417 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Here's a photo of what I think you're referring to.

Yes, exactly, thanks. I can see the screw in some other photos online, but...what does it screw into? The plastic beneath has a matching hole too large to screw into. Is this a machine screw that goes into a nylon nut?

It *looks* like the plastics were designed to be joined by two short plastic standoffs, similar to the ones that attach the top of the swamp plastic.

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Is this a machine screw that goes into a nylon nut?

The two plastics are attached with a machine screw and Nyloc nut (stop nut), mine, like mjension's, has the left hole empty (without screw)

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from REMPins:

The two plastics are attached with a machine screw and tension nut, mine, like mjension's, has the left hole empty (without screw)

Thank you for your response and confirmation!

#420 8 years ago

Anybody in the club have Hergs GI OCD board in their TAF?
Just curious the results and if its necessary when leds are dimming at start of multiball and the few modes where the GI dims

#421 8 years ago

Not necessary. Have full pinballbulbs kit in mine and have zero issues.

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Not necessary. Have full pinballbulbs kit in mine and have zero issues.

Great!!! Just ordered the pinballbulb kit on sale
Thanks

#423 8 years ago

Just brought an Addams Family home a couple days ago! I'm waiting on my Novus clean/wax kit to come and new balls. I also ordered the magnet fuse kit. I have a couple questions:

How is the Fester mod usually secured to the chair? Previous owner used a rubber band...
What LED kit is preferred? Cointaker?

My mansion is in pretty good shape, how do I keep it that way? Anyone use an overlay/mylar just for that area?

Thanks everybody!

478903_1.jpg478903_1.jpg

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

My mansion is in pretty good shape, how do I keep it that way?
478903_1.jpg

No sun, new balls. Always!

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

Just brought an Addams Family home a couple days ago! I'm waiting on my Novus clean/wax kit to come and new balls. I also ordered the magnet fuse kit. I have a couple questions:
How is the Fester mod usually secured to the chair? Previous owner used a rubber band...
What LED kit is preferred? Cointaker?
My mansion is in pretty good shape, how do I keep it that way? Anyone use an overlay/mylar just for that area?
Thanks everybody!

478903_1.jpg

My Uncle Lester mod is not secured in any way, it is wide enough that it is just a snug fit, and being it is rubber it stays in place without any issues, at least for me.

As for the other questions I don't have any feedback at this point.

Phil

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from philwojo:

My Uncle Lester mod is not secured in any way, it is wide enough that it is just a snug fit, and being it is rubber it stays in place without any issues, at least for me.

Ditto for me.

If you have trouble with it coming loose, try some museum putty.

#427 8 years ago

I've always been curious about the discrepancy in naming here. It's Uncle Fester but I see plenty of people saying Uncle Lester. Is the mod named 'Lester' to get around copyright or something? Or is 'Lester' simply a very common mistake?

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from philwojo:

My Uncle Lester has been installed with nothing holding it in place since Jan 2014 and never fallen off nor did I have to reseat him in his electric chair once.

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Is the mod named 'Lester' to get around copyright or something?

Exactly.

You can use a little two sided tape if needed to hold him in.

#431 8 years ago

Clever! My curiosity has been satisfied, thanks

#432 8 years ago

My cousin it is acting up, He moves every so often.

#433 8 years ago

Ha, I actually think that is kind of cool that he moves! But I can see why you are asking, I don't have that mod, so i really can't offer up any help, sorry.

Phil

#434 8 years ago

I'm looking at purchasing an LED kit with flashers for my newly acquired TAF. Anyone have any recommendations on kits?

CoinTakers?
PinballBulbs? (these usually looking pretty purple/blue to me in the photos)
etc?

#435 8 years ago

I put in the Cointakers premium non-ghosting kit and I like it a lot, though I don't have anything to compare it to if I am being honest!

Phil

#436 8 years ago

Just put in a set from pinballbulbs.com
Looks pretty good but I had to leave the flashing incandescent bulbs in the back box as the kit did not come with any self flashing LED bulbs.
Also a few of the flashers did not work and I will need to get them replaced.

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from halomojo:

I'm looking at purchasing an LED kit with flashers for my newly acquired TAF. Anyone have any recommendations on kits?
CoinTakers?
PinballBulbs? (these usually looking pretty purple/blue to me in the photos)
etc?

Ok i just went through my machine and tried bulbs from all the major companies ill try and list the best bulbs below.

This is what i use for under the playfield bulbs
http://cointaker.com/products/555-premium-2led

Flashers
http://cointaker.com/products/906-super-13

You need these to replace the blinkers on the back box
http://cointaker.com/products/copy-of-545-blinker-led

Put one of these in the swamp, ball return, and if you want it crazy bright the cloud on top.
ebay.com link: ALL Colors 3 SMD PLUG PLAY LIGHTED LED STRIP 6 3V for Pinball Only from Comet

These light up the kicker plastics like no other
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2-flux-wired.htm

These are the best general illumination bulbs for the ones behind plastics, if there visible bulbs i think they are way to bright.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax.htm

These purple colored ones are great and the other colors are to for general illumination where the bulb is visible, there not to overly bright.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=65

#438 8 years ago

I'm a a member. Recent complete restore by me of a re-importer beater. Have a few questions for this forum:

- My coin door switch was gone. I bought a new coin door and switch. If i plug in the coin door switch, I get other switch problems within in a few games. Unplug it, all is good. Normal behavior for a missing diode. But I don't see anywhere online that shows the coin door switch on TAF had a diode.. Thoughts?

- Thing hand when coming out slightly scrapes the metal ball guide (it's actually the edge of the coil that hits). This doesn't seem right. I know the mechanism under the playfield can be adjusted/pivoted. I have done so, and still scrapes. I've used all the original screw holes...so it's not making sense. I could move it bit, but wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before I go that route.

Thanks.....

#439 8 years ago

Did a few things to my machine today:

Magnet Fuse Kit
Cleaned It
Replaced Some Bulbs
New Balls

IMG_5932.jpgIMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5929.jpgIMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5933.jpgIMG_5933.jpg

#440 8 years ago

Guys I need some help. I am helping a friend fix his TAF. The Special Solnoid Fuse was blowing due to a shorted "Thing Eject hole" TIP. I installed a new tip and everything seemed to be working. Except when the ball goes in the dugout for the thing eject the coil fires and stays on. Before it was firing at the start of the game and blowing the fuse. SO I got that far with it. Also now the left magnet is locking on at start for no reason maybe they are linked i don't know. Long and short of it is, I think it may have to do with this coil being utilizing the Tieback Diode string?? Does anyone have schematics (the real full schematics) so I can make sure All my Tieback diode wires are properly wired on this thing. Also if anyone wants to take a snap shot of their Thing Eject Hole coil so that I can make sure I rewired it correctly. Thanks for any and all help.

#441 8 years ago

Do any of you guys have recommendations for insert lighting on the Mansion.
I just purchased a bunch of non ghosting faceted leds and they do not look good actually don't really work for some reason. Kind of increase in strength and flicker. Never had any issues before.
Is it because they are non ghosting?
I like a bright crisp look.

#442 8 years ago

I'd suggest some sort of decent 2smd frosted premiums from any of the great group of suppliers on here. I personally use CT premium super brights and very happy with that look.

#443 8 years ago

Thanks dmacy
Any idea why the non ghosting leds don't seem to work very good in TAF mansion?

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any idea why the non ghosting leds don't seem to work very good in TAF mansion?

I've got Cointaker non-ghosting led's in my game and they work fine. On the other hand some people are extremely sensitive to the flicker that led's can have. In that case led OCD (the product) is about the only solution. Incandescent's don't tend to flicker as led's do.

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

Did a few things to my machine today:
Magnet Fuse Kit
Cleaned It
Replaced Some Bulbs
New Balls

IMG_5932.jpg IMG_5929.jpg IMG_5933.jpg

Ipb pf! Looks great, my addams is an ugly old girl, but once cpr works its magic it will be awsome!

#446 8 years ago

Went back and revisited / reinstalled all new 2 smd faceted non ghosting leds in the mansion inserts , all of them, and they look great . Not sure what was happening the other day but I only installed one and it looked funny compared to the old ones. Now that I changed them all out it looks good.

#447 8 years ago

So what is "technically " the correct colors for all 13 of the mansion inserts?
I think we can omit the extra ball and ? as they are red .

Let me know.

1 week later
#448 8 years ago

Finally finished my restoration, so I'm in the club now!

This particular game was fairly rough and hadn't been stored well. Many of the under playfield parts had been oxidized/corroded, so spent more time with the tumbler, ultrasonic cleaner, and buffer than usual. I couldn't get the thing box to cleanup like I wanted, so I ended up spraying the outside with a grey primer.

I had the playfield sent out to Brian at HSA Pinball. You can see the before and after pictures of it here:
http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa110915tafg.html

Mike Chestnut replated the lockdown bar and wire ramps, as well as provided me with a set of brass cabinet hardware.

I got some replacement wood rails from TaylorVA. Unfortunately, TAFG placement of holes was slightly different in some areas, so I had to make some adjustments, but in the end nothing I couldn't handle and they worked out fine.

Mods: Uncle Lester, swamp light, swamp accelerator (3d printed), bookcase decals, and fuse kit.

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/mjenison/slideshow/tafg

#449 8 years ago

2015-11-28_16.50.17_(resized).jpg2015-11-28_16.50.17_(resized).jpg

#450 8 years ago

Picture_8_(resized).pngPicture_8_(resized).png

tumblr_lwdmp3NnBJ1r2nfvbo1_500_(resized).jpgtumblr_lwdmp3NnBJ1r2nfvbo1_500_(resized).jpg

tumblr_myd4l140Dp1s4933mo1_r1_500_(resized).pngtumblr_myd4l140Dp1s4933mo1_r1_500_(resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
30,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
$ 1,059.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.