IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 132.
#4301 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I’ve noticed that the lower two dome flashers aren’t coming on in attract mode. The rest work fine.

Do the flashers flash in attract mode? I didn't think they did. Don't remember that, anyways.

#4302 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Your electric chair needs lights on the sides.

Yes, mate! I've got them in the "to install" box, still need to clean them up.

Quoted from Coyote:

Do the flashers flash in attract mode? I didn't think they did. Don't remember that, anyways.

Attract mode is just the way the game is when it's on and no one is playing, right? Lightshow, no sound, just the DMD and the lighting. The three dome flashers work in that mode, but the two lower ones (Thing flipper plastic and swamp cover plastic) don't. Not sure why that is, but I suppose it could be the LED 'legs' again... I readjusted them on the pop bumpers and they work fine now.

#4303 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I’ve noticed that the lower two dome flashers aren’t coming on in attract mode. The rest work fine.

I don't think flashers blink in attract mode. They flash when the ball kicks out of the scoop and at multiball start.

You can test each flasher in diagnostics tests-flashers. (the coin door may need to be closed for those to work) If you find a flasher not working, it may be a burned out bulb.

#4304 2 years ago

Does anyone have a source with stock for the bookcase small crank arm? #03-8169
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8619

#4306 2 years ago

You get some really strange switch errors when you plug the Switch Matrix connector 1 pin off on the WPC MPU board. Took a few minutes to figure it out. Happened after I had the playfield out for some needed repairs on my newly acquired The Addams Family

TAF_Switch_MAtrix_Plug (resized).JPGTAF_Switch_MAtrix_Plug (resized).JPG
TAF_Playfield_under (resized).JPGTAF_Playfield_under (resized).JPG

#4307 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Does anyone have a source with stock for the bookcase small crank arm? #03-8169
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8619

PPS shows it in stock. http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-8619
Wally

#4308 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Attract mode is just the way the game is when it's on and no one is playing, right? Lightshow, no sound, just the DMD and the lighting. The three dome flashers work in that mode, but the two lower ones (Thing flipper plastic and swamp cover plastic) don't. Not sure why that is, but I suppose it could be the LED 'legs' again... I readjusted them on the pop bumpers and they work fine now.

Not a single flasher is supposed to flash during attract mode. If you have a flasher on during attract mode, you're having technical issues (maybe a locked transistor or a short).

#4309 2 years ago

Im missing the thing light board for behind the speaker panel. Im having difficulty finding a replacement other than this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1206-pinshakers/03613-the-addams-family-thing-led-light-board

Is there any other alternatives out there that Im missing? Stock with the twist type 555 sockets would be awesome, but Im open to anything.

Added over 3 years ago:

Thanks to another pinsider I now have an original light board headed my way

#4310 2 years ago

Hey guys. I am doing a big TAF resto, and I cant remember where this thing went. I definitely came from the cabinet. Can someone please help.

Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4311 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Hey guys. I am doing a big TAF resto, and I cant remember where this thing went. I definitely came from the cabinet. Can someone please help.
Thanks[quoted image]

That looks more like a chair scoop/kickout protector for the playfield.

#4312 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can order a new Holder piece that attaches to the back board on the playfield that holds the Thing box in place?

For the life of me I cannot locate it after doing some work on my TAF playfield.

Here is a pic of the part I need...

If anyone has an extra I would be interested. Thanks

TAF_Thing_brackte (resized).jpgTAF_Thing_brackte (resized).jpg

#4313 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

That looks more like a chair scoop/kickout protector for the playfield.

Nope. I remember tasking it off the cabinet. But its just one of those really weird pieces that I just cant recall where it went. I have had countless pins stripped completely down and never had a moment where I could not remember where a part went...until now.

#4314 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

You get some really strange switch errors when you plug the Switch Matrix connector 1 pin off on the WPC MPU board. Took a few minutes to figure it out. Happened after I had the playfield out for some needed repairs on my newly acquired The Addams Family
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Rototisserie looks fantastic. I will have TAF playfield going on my roto in the next week or two. Thanks again for the purchase.

#4315 2 years ago

Nope. I remember tasking it off the cabinet. But its just one of those really weird pieces that I just cant recall where it went. I have had countless pins stripped completely down and never had a moment where I could not remember where a part went...until now.

I looked all around in my cabinet and could not find that piece. I have not done a complete restore of my TAF, only some general repairs on the PF. I will keep my eye open and let you know if I find that part.

#4316 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I looked all around in my cabinet and could not find that piece. I have not done a complete restore of my TAF, only some general repairs on the PF. I will keep my eye open and let you know if I find that part.

I’m sticking to my guns. That’s a discarded protector from somewhere on the playfield. You’d be surprised to learn what things I’ve found inside my pinball cabinets on secondhand games.

The only other thing I can think of which that thing resembles is a piece of the coin door from the coin return chute. I’ve done a total rebuild of my TAF and did not come across that part.

#4317 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I’m sticking to my guns. That’s a discarded protector from somewhere on the playfield. You’d be surprised to learn what things I’ve found inside my pinball cabinets on secondhand games.
The only other thing I can think of which that thing resembles is a piece of the coin door from the coin return chute. I’ve done a total rebuild of my TAF and did not come across that part.

I agree- have not seen that part on my TAF restoration neither-for sure it is not part of the playfield area...

#4318 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I was thinking the same thing about it being from the coin door however nothing on mine resembles that. I think it is too thick for a protector.

#4319 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I was thinking the same thing about it being from the coin door however nothing on mine resembles that. I think it is too thick for a protector.

You may be right, at least too thick for a Cliffy. I've seen cheap protectors made from quite thick material. In any case, I don't think that's some essential part, but I'd hang onto it just in case.

#4320 2 years ago

It reminds me of support used at then end of the plastic ramp to keep it from cracking, but TAF does not have that.

#4321 2 years ago

Hey Addams experts, any suggestions on this delima? Not one solenoid will fire. Sensors work on everything just no solenoids?

thanks so much John

#4322 2 years ago

#1 burnt fuse
#2 burned coil
#3 bad interlock switch or disconnected wire.
#4 bad power supply

#4323 2 years ago

Hi TAF fans. The Pinball Mod Co recently listed a collection of TAF mods which we think work really nicely with the game aesthetics. They are all very easy installs and have quite of bit of hand finished detail work on them. We ship worldwide. Let me know if you have any questions. If you are looking to purchase 3 or more of these mods send me a PM and I'll shoot you a discount code.

https://pinballmods.co/the-addams-family-pinball-mods

Antique Phone Mod
Greed Ramp Switch Book Cover
The Book Greed II Light Cover
Vault Bookcase Cabinet
Thing's Cart Light Cover

Book1 (resized).jpgBook1 (resized).jpgBook3 (resized).jpgBook3 (resized).jpgCabinet1 (resized).jpgCabinet1 (resized).jpgCart1 (resized).jpgCart1 (resized).jpgCover switch 2 (resized).jpgCover switch 2 (resized).jpgCover switch 3 (resized).jpgCover switch 3 (resized).jpgPhone1 (resized).jpgPhone1 (resized).jpg
#4324 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hi TAF fans. The Pinball Mod Co recently listed a collection of TAF mods which we think work really nicely with the game aesthetics. They are all very easy installs and have quite of bit of hand finished detail work on them. We ship worldwide. Let me know if you have any questions. If you are looking to purchase 3 or more of these mods send me a PM and I'll shoot you a discount code.
https://pinballmods.co/the-addams-family-pinball-mods
Antique Phone Mod
Greed Ramp Switch Book Cover
The Book Greed II Light Cover
Vault Bookcase Cabinet
Thing's Cart Light Cover
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Thing bookcase mod is, in my opinion, one of the best and fitting mods I have ever seen. I will definitely be making a purchase. Well done!

#4325 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the double flipper snap at end of ball is triggered by the sound card and not the MPU ?

This thread seems to indicate that : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-end-of-ball-flipper-snap-not-activating

I currently have a TiltAudio card in mine (sounds great), but haven't seen the flipper snap in 20-30 games or so.

#4326 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Does anyone know if the double flipper snap at end of ball is triggered by

My experience is a low scoring ball causes the flippers to flip with the finger snap. If you have a good ball, they don't snap.

#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Does anyone know if the double flipper snap at end of ball is triggered by the sound card and not the MPU ?
This thread seems to indicate that : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-end-of-ball-flipper-snap-not-activating
I currently have a TiltAudio card in mine (sounds great), but haven't seen the flipper snap in 20-30 games or so.

I have a pinsound card and the flippers snap but the audio doesn't synch anymore.

#4328 2 years ago

What are Addams going for now?

#4329 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What are Addams going for now?

I've seen usually 9k to 10k from dealers. Private sales maybe slightly lower. 7k to 8k.

#4330 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I have a pinsound card and the flippers snap but the audio doesn't synch anymore.

This I believe, as the MPU is the one that tells the Fliptronics board to 'activate' the flippers, not the soundboard. The MPU would tell the sound board to play the sound, then tell the Fliptronics board to flip the flippers. With Pinsound's processing and wav-handling, it could be off / audio-sync delay.

#4331 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

#1 burnt fuse
#2 burned coil
#3 bad interlock switch or disconnected wire.
#4 bad power supply

Thanks so much I’m down to the last one number 4. Where and how would I check that? I tried the door switch last time and was thinking even though the coin door switch is working that a switch or relay it connects to could be bad. Not one burnt fuse .

#4332 2 years ago

With the game running, measure the voltage on one of the lugs of the selenoid to ground. should be around 70 volts.

#4334 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

We removed the pinsound card as hardly any of the sounds are synched any more. We were quite dissapointed with it to be honest.

#4335 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This I believe, as the MPU is the one that tells the Fliptronics board to 'activate' the flippers, not the soundboard. The MPU would tell the sound board to play the sound, then tell the Fliptronics board to flip the flippers. With Pinsound's processing and wav-handling, it could be off / audio-sync delay.

Yeah, seems reasonable to me.

Guess I'll have to play a cople of low score balls and see if I can trigger the snap.

#4336 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I downvoted this post because that behavior is just terrible and breaks a very awesome feature. But then I realized the downvote could be interpreted as against your post, so I removed it.

But that sucks to lose that feature. Being out of sync would totally ruin it.

#4337 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

With the game running, measure the voltage on one of the lugs of the selenoid to ground. should be around 70 volts.

Thanks so much for you help and sorry it takes me so long to get back to your questions

I have no voltage to any solenoids while the game is playing.

I happen to have 2 Addams family games and checked the game that is running and it is 74 volts DC to the coils

Thanks again John

#4338 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks so much for you help and sorry it takes me so long to get back to your questions
I have no voltage to any solenoids while the game is playing.
I happen to have 2 Addams family games and checked the game that is running and it is 74 volts DC to the coils
Thanks again John

I'd test voltages along the way from the socket. Transformer, driver board, and so on. You get the idea.

#4339 2 years ago

First check the fuse. If blown, that is not likely the only problem.

#4340 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

First check the fuse. If blown, that is not likely the only problem.

Not one fuse blown, checked them all with a tester. And what confuses me is the solenoids are on 2 circuts so 2 fuses would have to be blown. Seems it must be the main power for all solenoids.

What major component is the likely culprit?

Thanks
John

#4341 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Not one fuse blown, checked them all with a tester. And what confuses me is the solenoids are on 2 circuts so 2 fuses would have to be blown. Seems it must be the main power for all solenoids.
What major component is the likely culprit?
Thanks
John

That is what you are trying to figure out.
Do you have voltages at the fuses? (DMM lead clip on fuse, lead clip on ground.)
If not, then go up-stream: Are you getting voltage at the plug for transformer secondary?
If so, then do down-stream: Are you getting voltage at the 50v feed (to coils) connector on the power supply board?

#4342 2 years ago

getting a thing up opto error message can't seem to find the optos for the thing though, anybody got a pic of them? just picked up this beater so maybe they are missing?

#4343 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

getting a thing up opto error message can't seem to find the optos for the thing though, anybody got a pic of them? just picked up this beater so maybe they are missing?

Left side - just above the left upper flipper. There is a path the ball goes through with optos. Also the bookcase has optos.

#4344 2 years ago

Here are the Optos you need to look at...

Could be a defective OPTO or just dirty.
Try cleaning the OPTO lenses first. May also be mechanically out of alignment.
Check wires to opto board as well.

You can see this board by lifting your playfield. It is on the very back of the bottom playfield. Not easy to see but it is accessible.

Thing_OPTO_Detail (resized).jpgThing_OPTO_Detail (resized).jpg

#4345 2 years ago

I apologize - I read ccbigsoo7's message too quickly and didn't notice he was specifically asking about Thing.

#4346 2 years ago

Mirror Blade question

I have an extra set that came off a newer style Stern but had No Hole for the cabinet hinge bolt

Will will bind up ? Are they universal for all games or do they make a with hole for Bally WMS games as Sterns are recessed and B&W have the Allen Key plug

#4347 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Mirror Blade question
I have an extra set that came off a newer style Stern but had No Hole for the cabinet hinge bolt
Will will bind up ? Are they universal for all games or do they make a with hole for Bally WMS games as Sterns are recessed and B&W have the Allen Key plug

The mirror blades I put in my BW games had an actual hole for that allen key plug, which keeps that part of the blade in place.

You might find the cutouts are not in the right place (for the flipper buttons) either.

No reason you couldn’t use sticky tape to keep the “hole” end in place, if they otherwise fit fine though.

#4348 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Mirror Blade question

You can’t install them in bw if no hole is cut, not universal.

#4349 2 years ago

I bought mirror blades for my TAF only to find that there was not enough space between the playfield and cabinet to fit them between. So I put them on my STTNG.

#4350 2 years ago

I need new rule/price cards. Anyone have suggestions for some good ones?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

30,000 (OBO)
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 180.00
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.