7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,201 posts
  • 458 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by cleanandlevel
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,380 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3403 (resized).jpeg
20210217_212902 (resized).jpg
20210217_212931 (resized).jpg
Addams_1_RCP (resized).jpg
Addams_2_RCP (resized).jpg
Addams_3_RCP (resized).jpg
20210204_205321 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_20200917_114035 (resized).jpg
20210125_022516 (resized).jpg
20210125_022315 (resized).jpg
b5a6aa7c34ee5df1dc25aeea548fd6608b457dba (resized).jpg
20210115_194521 (resized).jpg
20210115_195041 (resized).jpg
E02F99F3-AAAE-445A-89C8-A6D372B6AA85 (resized).jpeg
C3C54F71-2AAB-4ABE-B49B-B1E92E0248FF (resized).jpeg
20210113_155003 (resized).jpg

There are 4201 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 85.
#4151 40 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Funny story - so I rebuilt the flippers including replacing 3 of the 4 coils since they were very old and at least one had a stuck coil sleeve. First time doing this and soldering on a pinball game so that was interesting. But it worked in the end! Flippers are now amazing and I have hope I can actually hit some scores I see people getting on the game online. Before the flippers were so weak you had to use momentum to hit the bear ramp. But, as I was testing the flippers the ball would barely get out of the shooter lane at a full plunge. What the heck!!! Flippers have nothing to do with ball plunge! I'm looking at it, even removed the gate to eliminate that as being the problem. Checked the plunger, wondering if somehow its misaligned and hitting something as it goes in. Finally, go to set up a video and realize I can see metal on the plunger tip! Turns out at the exact same time I rebuilt the flippers, the tip of the rubber plunger cover broke off during my testing. Replaced it with an old one I had laying around and problem solved! Don't you love unrelated problems that come up during a fix?

Man, I’m getting my butt kicked on unrelated problems with my LOTR right now. Or, probably related I just can’t see how. The game I got the solonoid for the flipper had the wrong screws that you could tel the previous owner jammed in there and wasn’t holding the coil right. So all I did was replace the screws, but I must have bumped something because the next game the flipper was energizing up randomly, later locked on and blew the fuse, and now won’t flip at all even after going through it underneath to be sure the switches didn’t get bent. Now I’m tracing things back to the board ... and I’m not skilled with this level of diagnosis. Why did I have change the screws?!?

#4152 40 days ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I put a clear ramp on mine and my ramp is not like yours. If I remember I got mine from Starship

Thanks, got it all sorted out a new replacement ramp is on its way.

#4153 40 days ago

hey taffers, I'm trying to diagnose a Slam Tilt error here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slam-tilt-and-game-reboots-on-taf-with-both-flipper-activated/page/2#post-6083671

Any help much appreciated!

#4154 40 days ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

So all I did was replace the screws, but I must have bumped something because the next game the flipper was energizing up randomly, later locked on and blew the fuse

One lug of the flipper coil may be touching something and getting grounded after you worked on it. (or one of the wires going to the coil lug is loose)

#4155 39 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

One lug of the flipper coil may be touching something and getting grounded after you worked on it. (or one of the wires going to the coil lug is loose)

Good tip, I’ll check it out!

#4156 37 days ago

Thanks everyone for the advise and help so far.
I have received a new opto board from Marcos. Has anyone ever received a bad set of boards?
I have swapped them out exactly as they were on the originals, and its not reading any of them.
I've looked for a wiring diagram online and I cannot find anything and the manual isn't very helpful.

Here is what I have
Top Board (LED)
GRD - BLK
Grey/Orange
Grey/ Yellow
Grey/ Green
Grey/ Red

Lower Board (IR)
Orange/ Black
Orange/ Yellow
Orange/ Green
Orange/ Red?
Grey/ Yellow

Any Help is appreciated.
I'm going to move onto the replacing the targets in the mean time.
I have included a few pics for reference.
Pay no attention to my crappy solder job

20210125_022315 (resized).jpg20210125_022516 (resized).jpg
#4157 36 days ago

It looks like your pads are bridged for the LEDs.

#4158 36 days ago

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the artwork for the side art of the Bally/Hand/Ball. Looking to printing it out on my retroarcade.

thumbnail_20200917_114035 (resized).jpg
#4159 36 days ago
Quoted from silverbearss:

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the artwork for the side art of the Bally/Hand/Ball. Looking to printing it out on my retroarcade.
[quoted image]

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH

#4160 30 days ago

Anyone have a part number for a cabinet flipper switch complete with screws? (The part that is mounted IN the cabinet, that the button presses against..)

Thanks.

#4161 30 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Anyone have a part number for a cabinet flipper switch complete with screws? (The part that is mounted IN the cabinet, that the button presses against..)
Thanks.

This is the switch, but I'm not sure of the screws.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1A-192

#4162 30 days ago

AH! Thank you, thank you. Screws, I could find replacements. The important thing are the switches.

#4163 28 days ago

Has anyone on this group ordered a replacement cabinet from VIrtuaPin.net

Been toying with it as mine has its share of mileage

Has anyone bought one on here

If so any pics or review

Thanks

#4164 27 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Has anyone on this group ordered a replacement cabinet from VIrtuaPin.net
Been toying with it as mine has its share of mileage
Has anyone bought one on here
If so any pics or review
Thanks

The last cabinet I got from them was a TAF. No pics but you will not be disappointed.

Paul makes them as close to original as you can get. No issues whatsoever and great quality!

#4165 27 days ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The last cabinet I got from them was a TAF. No pics but you will not be disappointed.
Paul makes them as close to original as you can get. No issues whatsoever and great quality!

I have to second this!

Paul makes a beautiful cabinet!

I just put one on my Funhouse resto and its perfect, way better than the original cabinet.

Just beautiful workmanship.

Plus I like the way you can order a bare cabinet or have them do it all for you as a "turn key" solution.

#4166 27 days ago

Had my lifetime game tonight - 580M with 2 Mansion Tours. Do I need to sell the game as I will likely never get close to that score ever again? Just had all 4 flippers replaced - bet that helped.

#4167 27 days ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have to second this!
I just put one on my Funhouse resto and its perfect, way better than the original cabinet.
Plus I like the way you can order a bare cabinet or have them do it all for you as a "turn key" solution.

Thank you both

i will reach out

#4168 26 days ago

Will also add I had Paul do two for my own personal games. A CV and an IJ WMS. The CV I had mostly all done by him with decals, etc. The IJ was all bare. Both were awesome and after having him do the CV ready to go on the outside, that is the way I'll go in the future. He does an excellent job with the cabinet and with the finishing work too.

#4169 26 days ago

check this out ( not mine ) . . .

ebay.com link: itm

#4170 26 days ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

check this out ( not mine ) . . .
ebay.com link

I remember seeing them all up and down the boardwalk at one time.

#4171 26 days ago

Lol. Seaside Heights had quite a few. Ah... those were the days.

#4172 26 days ago

I've never seen one in Canada before

#4173 26 days ago

I know this is a stupid question, but how do I remove the flasher housing from the wireform? I'm replacing it with one that's freshly plated.

20210204_205321 (resized).jpg
#4174 26 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

I know this is a stupid question, but how do I remove the flasher housing from the wireform? I'm replacing it with one that's freshly plated.
[quoted image]

Drill out the rivets, re-rivet it.

#4175 26 days ago

He wants to remove it from the metal rail.

#4176 26 days ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

He wants to remove it from the metal rail.

????? Ok

#4177 26 days ago

No the rivet answer was correct. I just want to remove the plastic housing. I will need to order a crimp tool to reinstall it. Thx

#4178 26 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have to second this!

Does the bare cab come assembled or just as sides, front, floor, etc that need put together? What does shipping run?

#4179 26 days ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Does the bare cab come assembled or just as sides, front, floor, etc that need put together? What does shipping run?

Call Paul at virtua-pin, hes great!

#4180 23 days ago

Did anyone hear they're doing an Adams Family reboot with Tim Burton and Johnnie Depp as Gomez?

Let the speculation begin on an all-new Adams Family pinball.

Supposedly it will be on Netflix.

#4181 23 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Tim Burton and Johnnie Depp as Gomez

So there's going to be TWO Gomez's? This should be interesting..!

#4182 22 days ago

Hey TAF owners ... I've been having a ton of fun making these new products, so here's one for you:

There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns -- I'm taking it to the next dimension with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!

Addams_1_RCP (resized).jpg

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, including a translucent red which allows the coin insert light to glow through. For TAF, they feature Uncle Fester's chair -- modeled with gaps in the slats and legs to allow more red light to glow through.

game off

game on (buttons lit)

Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04821-3d-coin-reject-buttons-addams-family). (My daughter gets a commission too; these 3D buttons were her idea!)

Note: please check your game before ordering -- this button replaces P/N 27-1037 button & 27-1038 cover. I've seen a few pics of some TAF games with a different type of button, so compare to my pictures to be sure this is the correct one for yours (button is separate piece from slot).

#4183 22 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey TAF owners ... I've been having a ton of fun making these new products, so here's one for you:
There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns -- I'm taking it to the next dimension with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!
[quoted image]
These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, including a translucent red which allows the coin insert light to glow through. For TAF, they feature Uncle Fester's chair -- modeled with gaps in the slats and legs to allow more red light to glow through.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04821-3d-coin-reject-buttons-addams-family). (My daughter gets a commission too; these 3D buttons were her idea!)
Note: please check your game before ordering -- this button replaces P/N 27-1037 button & 27-1038 cover. I've seen a few pics of some TAF games with a different type of button, so compare to my pictures to be sure this is the correct one for yours (button is separate piece from slot).

Looks Awesome!!
Any chance of one with thing on it?
maybe pointing to the coin slot?

#4184 22 days ago
Quoted from Dthwsh:

Looks Awesome!!
Any chance of one with thing on it?
maybe pointing to the coin slot?

Thanks! Trying it with Thing was my first idea but I was concerned the fingers might end up too skinny and/or protrude in a way that could risk them getting broken. I also considered a polar bear head, but decided to go with the chair. I might revisit other variations later down the road, but for now I'm going with the chair.

1 week later
#4185 14 days ago

Complete shop on a AF for a friend, is the rubber chart correct in the owners manual. ?

#4186 12 days ago

I have a question. The mansion light board under the playfiels has diodes on the bottom of the board. I removed the bad diode but i want to make sure that a 1n4004 diode is a correct replacement. Looking through manualy i could not find a part number or listing. The diode removed has a qte listed on the diode but im not sure what this stands for. Thanks

20210217_212902 (resized).jpg20210217_212931 (resized).jpg
#4187 12 days ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I have a question. The mansion light board under the playfiels has diodes on the bottom of the board. I removed the bad diode but i want to make sure that a 1n4004 diode is a correct replacement. Looking through manualy i could not find a part number or listing. The diode removed has a qte listed on the diode but im not sure what this stands for. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes - you can use anything from a 1N4001 to 1N4006 if you wanted. All good.

#4188 12 days ago

First time I have seen that problem.

#4189 12 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes - you can use anything from a 1N4001 to 1N4006 if you wanted. All good.

Thanks. Installed diode and the raise the dead light is working. Thanks for the info

#4190 8 days ago

I am looking to get the fuse kit for the power magnets to prevent playfield burn. Is there a difference between the kit from Marco and the kit from Pinball Life? Seems to be a 10 dollar difference in price.

#4191 8 days ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I am looking to get the fuse kit for the power magnets to prevent playfield burn. Is there a difference between the kit from Marco and the kit from Pinball Life? Seems to be a 10 dollar difference in price.

Get the Addams Family Fused High Power Magnet Board from here instead

https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

#4192 8 days ago

It is much better?

#4193 8 days ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It is much better?

I think it looks much cleaner than having inline fuses hanging on the bottom of your playfield...(not that just about everything is hanging from there), but you get my point...

#4194 8 days ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It is much better?

A brand new high quality board with the fuses already in place. I think so.

#4195 7 days ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It is much better?

I have it and it's been rock solid.

#4196 7 days ago

anybody got the cousin it insert decal they won't use off the decal sheet?

#4197 5 days ago

Hi there! I'm a big fan of Addams Family and since I've been making custom 3D printed and hand painted keychains for different pins I just had to make one for AF. I thought I would share it with all of you. If you want one for your game let me know!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1298-jk-pinball/04579-addams-family-keychain

IMG_3403 (resized).jpeg
#4198 5 days ago

Minimum value of a sold no broken parts clean playing board Addams fam?

Every thing works on it fine. Cabinet is nice but not perfect?

Thanks in advance.

#4199 5 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Minimum value of a sold no broken parts clean playing board Addams fam?
Every thing works on it fine. Cabinet is nice but not perfect?
Thanks in advance.

#4200 5 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I think it looks much cleaner than having inline fuses hanging on the bottom of your playfield...(not that just about everything is hanging from there), but you get my point...

When I got my TAF I installed the in line fuses. I had them neatly in place and cable tied. But when I later saw the board I jumped on it. So I have both in my game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 1,099.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 180.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 14.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4201 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside