IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 132.
#4051 3 years ago

Pinstadium NEOs on TAF are amazing!!! So amazing, I am ripping out my Pinstadium originals from my JP Premium and replacing them with the NEOs.

#4052 3 years ago

Crappy iPhone photos. But still cool

5C55BE62-9376-4586-B929-00AA59D1E7E5 (resized).jpeg5C55BE62-9376-4586-B929-00AA59D1E7E5 (resized).jpegA3842852-B663-4F00-9D3B-4F1681FEB3A6 (resized).jpegA3842852-B663-4F00-9D3B-4F1681FEB3A6 (resized).jpeg
#4053 3 years ago

Just finished to paint an army of Fester! (now installing the led inside).
Available in my shop, shipping in 2 days to Europe and US.

army_fester (resized).jpgarmy_fester (resized).jpg
#4054 3 years ago

Joined the club. Traded a Star Wars Premium for Addams. First time owning this one. Pretty nice shape overall. Playfield is nice and cab is good. Has LED's and a LED ColorDMD already. I will probably tweak the lighting a bit, but its a great playing game as is.

20201210_220743 (resized).jpg20201210_220743 (resized).jpg
#4055 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Joined the club. Traded a Star Wars Premium for Addams. First time owning this one. Pretty nice shape overall. Playfield is nice and cab is good. Has LED's and a LED ColorDMD already. I will probably tweak the lighting a bit, but its a great playing game as is.[quoted image]

Welcome honored guest.

#4056 3 years ago

I'm looking for the Flasher bulb locations for the back box.... Just the ones on the white board.... via a photo please? It appears that normal bulbs are in mine..... Please and thank you in advance!

#4057 3 years ago

Adventures adding Flipper Fidelity speakers to my recently acquired TAF. Took me a few hours to troubleshoot a barely loose ribbon cable to the sound board and then figure out why I had no sound in the cabinet speaker as the previous owner had swapped the audio connectors on the sound board. All good now - sounds great with the new speakers, lighting awesome with the Pinstadiums NEOs, came with a Color DMD and new LEDs. Toured the Mansion today and made the mortal error of tilting while touring the mansion. Ugh.

Two questions. 1. about 1 in 5 times the ball gets stuck in the Thing box, I have to lift the left side of the machine to get the ball to the solenoid. I do test it and it works fine while testing. Any ideas ?

2. For the chair picture attached, regular or extended cliffs needed?

2EAF4DA7-5BF7-4870-B37A-B46AA33345E3 (resized).jpeg2EAF4DA7-5BF7-4870-B37A-B46AA33345E3 (resized).jpeg
#4058 3 years ago
Quoted from St0n3PiraT3:

I'm looking for the Flasher bulb locations for the back box.... Just the ones on the white board.... via a photo please? It appears that normal bulbs are in mine..... Please and thank you in advance!

You mean blinkers. They're the ones with a bayonet base.

#4059 3 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Adventures adding Flipper Fidelity speakers to my recently acquired TAF. Took me a few hours to troubleshoot a barely loose ribbon cable to the sound board and then figure out why I had no sound in the cabinet speaker as the previous owner had swapped the audio connectors on the sound board. All good now - sounds great with the new speakers, lighting awesome with the Pinstadiums NEOs, came with a Color DMD and new LEDs. Toured the Mansion today and made the mortal error of tilting while touring the mansion. Ugh.
Two questions. 1. about 1 in 5 times the ball gets stuck in the Thing box, I have to lift the left side of the machine to get the ball to the solenoid. I do test it and it works fine while testing. Any ideas ?
2. For the chair picture attached, regular or extended cliffs needed?[quoted image]

For #1 you'll want to check the pan at the bottom. They often get ballooned from the ball falling in there and may get hung up at the subway ramp transition. Those would be the areas I'd check.

For #2, a regular looks to be fine from what I see but I'd send a note to Cliff with this photo as it is past the key lines slightly. He'd know which one would cover your wear.

#4060 3 years ago

Thing Box - left side screw not super tight - ugh. How to fix - some wood putty in hole?

Tried new balls as well. Did Thing test. Funny - first on failed. Dropped and did not roll down pan. Next tests were 14/14 success. Played a few games - was successful on 7 tries.

#4061 3 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Thing Box - left side screw not super tight - ugh. How to fix - some wood putty in hole?
Tried new balls as well. Did Thing test. Funny - first on failed. Dropped and did not roll down pan. Next tests were 14/14 success. Played a few games - was successful on 7 tries.

plug a wooden toothpick-or better multlible ones-and maybe some woodglue in the hole that got too large...

#4062 3 years ago

This is new. Thing Eject Hole kick out works fine. The bracket underneath was a little weak but it works and tests fine. I hate that credit dot! Any thoughts?

D489ED47-82F2-40BB-96B5-E1EB22A78A75 (resized).jpegD489ED47-82F2-40BB-96B5-E1EB22A78A75 (resized).jpeg
#4063 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

This is new. Thing Eject Hole kick out works fine. The bracket underneath was a little weak but it works and tests fine. I hate that credit dot! Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Check the switch for it. It may not be seeing it.

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Check the switch for it. It may not be seeing it.

Switch on the hole is fine, game functions as it should (I think).

#4065 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Switch on the hole is fine, game functions as it should (I think).

And it just cleared itself after i sent the ball up there a few times. I’ll take it

#4066 3 years ago

Thanks - this seems to have done the trick. Ball fell through the pan 100% tonight - both testing and game play.

Quoted from harig:

plug a wooden toothpick-or better multlible ones-and maybe some woodglue in the hole that got too large...

#4067 3 years ago

New question - how to improve Thing Flips accuracy. About 1 in 8 thing flips are successful. Manually - about the same success rate. Flipper strength seems weak.

#4068 3 years ago

Been digging around my TAF tonight and have concluded there is not much GI in this game!
The lower GI now has all comet sunlight bulbs. I added the star post lights next to the right scoop and the thing scoop. There was a spotlight shining towards the phone that I swapped to a 5 smd sunlight bulb and aimed towards the pops to light the center a bit more. I may do a few more things yet, but this is looking pretty good so far.

#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

New question - how to improve Thing Flips accuracy. About 1 in 8 thing flips are successful. Manually - about the same success rate. Flipper strength seems weak.

I believe you can go into settings and reset location and it re-learns the shot. That said, if the flipper is weak and inconsistent, I’d rebuild that first. I’ve never counted too much on Things help there (seems to miss more than make!), but I believe there is a prescribed percentage of that shot going down.

#4070 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Been digging around my TAF tonight and have concluded there is not much GI in this game!
The lower GI now has all comet sunlight bulbs. I added the star post lights next to the right scoop and the thing scoop. There was a spotlight shining towards the phone that I swapped to a 5 smd sunlight bulb and aimed towards the pops to light the center a bit more. I may do a few more things yet, but this is looking pretty good so far.

To me this game is almost unplayable with stock lighting. PinStadiums fixed that for me, now I can really enjoy it, but you have to wonder, the upper playfield isn’t that pretty, is the dim lighting intentional?

#4071 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

To me this game is almost unplayable with stock lighting. PinStadiums fixed that for me, now I can really enjoy it, but you have to wonder, the upper playfield isn’t that pretty, is the dim lighting intentional?

Yes, I have 6 or 7 spotlights going in mine. Letting it ride for now, but now want pin stadiums to clean it up in there. Needs it.

#4072 3 years ago

Clear ramp ,pop LEDs and lit back panel did it for me.

thumbnail-4 (resized).jpgthumbnail-4 (resized).jpg

Before I did these things it was very dark now it is a pleasure to play.

#4073 3 years ago

I am having an issue where after about 100 or so plays, the two screws that hold Thing to the motor need tightened. Any fix for this? Buy longer screws and add a lock nut?

#4074 3 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

I am having an issue where after about 100 or so plays, the two screws that hold Thing to the motor need tightened. Any fix for this? Buy longer screws and add a lock nut?

Try a bit of loctite?

#4075 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Try a bit of loctite?

I was thinking that, but then thought the lock nuts would probably be easier to disassemble if need be. IDK.

#4076 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Clear ramp ,pop LEDs and lit back panel did it for me.
[quoted image]
Before I did these things it was very dark now it is a pleasure to play.

Huge fan of the backlit panel back there!

#4077 3 years ago

Can one of you guys that are running the Gold version tell me how to turn off the buy-in. I saw another thread asking about this but no one posted the solution in that thread. I went to Adjustment A.3 19 "1 Coin Buy-in" and set it to NO (The buy-in feature is disabled). I still get the buy-in prompt at the end of a 3 ball game. The only other mention I could find of this is U.9 11 "Install Buy-in" but I thought A.3 19 would negate this. Anyone know of anything else to do to get rid of the buy-in message?

#4078 3 years ago

Anyone know where this metal piece goes? I can’t find it in any of my pics.

25EE2FDA-4F49-4209-BFB4-04907908E5B3 (resized).jpeg25EE2FDA-4F49-4209-BFB4-04907908E5B3 (resized).jpeg6E3FA22C-F6CC-4F1F-BC9A-BD2C39D8C78F (resized).jpeg6E3FA22C-F6CC-4F1F-BC9A-BD2C39D8C78F (resized).jpegA5C573F8-0F1D-45D0-AD6B-0F43B046B92E (resized).jpegA5C573F8-0F1D-45D0-AD6B-0F43B046B92E (resized).jpeg
#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

Can one of you guys that are running the Gold version tell me how to turn off the buy-in. I saw another thread asking about this but no one posted the solution in that thread. I went to Adjustment A.3 19 "1 Coin Buy-in" and set it to NO (The buy-in feature is disabled). I still get the buy-in prompt at the end of a 3 ball game. The only other mention I could find of this is U.9 11 "Install Buy-in" but I thought A.3 19 would negate this. Anyone know of anything else to do to get rid of the buy-in message?

It's A2 30 on mine (under feature adjustments)

#4080 3 years ago

Anybody know what this error is? It randomly and not very frequently pops up (only seen it a few times). My TAF came with L5 installed and Gold as a spare. For my LED ColorDMD, it said I needed L7 or Gold, so I installed Gold. But I don’t recall the Gold rom coming with a sound chip. Assuming that’s the issue. Still works fine.

Recycling power typically makes it go away.

4DCA9EDD-ED34-4967-A473-05F68546507E (resized).jpeg4DCA9EDD-ED34-4967-A473-05F68546507E (resized).jpeg
#4081 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody know what this error is? It randomly and not very frequently pops up (only seen it a few times). My TAF came with L5 installed and Gold as a spare. For my LED ColorDMD, it said I needed L7 or Gold, so I installed Gold. But I don’t recall the Gold rom coming with a sound chip. Assuming that’s the issue. Still works fine.
Recycling power typically makes it go away.
[quoted image]

Your U5 is starting to fail on your sound board. Nothing to do with Color DMD or your Game ROM.

#4082 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Your U5 is starting to fail on your sound board. Nothing to do with Color DMD or your Game ROM.

Did you mean U5 or U15 (the audio ROM that is reporting as failed)?

Thanks!

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Did you mean U5 or U15 (the audio ROM that is reporting as failed)?
Thanks!

I meant U15 - apologies. Fat fingers.
EPROMs can go bad, but it could also be a bad bypass capacitor or oxidation on chip/socket casing an occasional bad read.

#4084 3 years ago

Full night of TAF playing and no balls stuck in Thing Box and Things Flips way better after resetting and calibrating. Thanks for all the help.

#4085 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Anyone know where this metal piece goes? I can’t find it in any of my pics.

Check behind the right upper flipper or the thing flipper. This maybe where the go. Hope this helps

20190704_195508 (resized).jpg20190704_195508 (resized).jpg20190704_203132 (resized).jpg20190704_203132 (resized).jpg
#4086 3 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Check behind the right upper flipper or the thing flipper. This maybe where the go. Hope this helps
[quoted image][quoted image]

that was it! Many thanks !

#4087 3 years ago

Hi all. I've had my TAF for about a year and I have 3 rules questions

1) how in the world do you advance the bonus x?

2) most of the time when i lock a ball for multiball (any of them), it feeds a ball into the shooter lane. I like that because if gives me a chance for the skill shot. But other times, it kicks out of the swamp. Is there rhyme or reason as to why it does one or the other?

3) and most perplexing...sometimes on ball drain, during the bonus calculation, it will give me some mansion mode scores again as my bonus. Like if I activate cousin it for example, and i play through to finish the mode, then activate another mode...then drain, it will award me whatever, 10M, when the mode finishes and then that same 10M again as part of the bonus. but this doesn't ALWAYS happen. It may be linked to certain modes, or not, I can't find rhyme or reason there. I know that if you drain before the mode ends it will just give you whatever you accumulated in the bonus calc.

#4088 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hi all. I've had my TAF for about a year and I have 3 rules questions
1) how in the world do you advance the bonus x?
2) most of the time when i lock a ball for multiball (any of them), it feeds a ball into the shooter lane. I like that because if gives me a chance for the skill shot. But other times, it kicks out of the swamp. Is there rhyme or reason as to why it does one or the other?
3) and most perplexing...sometimes on ball drain, during the bonus calculation, it will give me some mansion mode scores again as my bonus. Like if I activate cousin it for example, and i play through to finish the mode, then activate another mode...then drain, it will award me whatever, 10M, when the mode finishes and then that same 10M again as part of the bonus. but this doesn't ALWAYS happen. It may be linked to certain modes, or not, I can't find rhyme or reason there. I know that if you drain before the mode ends it will just give you whatever you accumulated in the bonus calc.

1. I believe that the ball has to roll through the right inline, hit the switch, and then you have to shoot up past the pop-bumpers and around the loop.
2. If there are no balls in the trough (i.e. Player 1 locks two balls, and then player 2 is up.) it will eject the ball from the swamp.
3. Some modes do not award the score you get AS YOU PLAY the mode. Instead, the score is saved up, and awarded at bonus.

#4089 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

1. I believe that the ball has to roll through the right inline, hit the switch, and then you have to shoot up past the pop-bumpers and around the loop.
2. If there are no balls in the trough (i.e. Player 1 locks two balls, and then player 2 is up.) it will eject the ball from the swamp.
3. Some modes do not award the score you get AS YOU PLAY the mode. Instead, the score is saved up, and awarded at bonus.

re: 2...this makes total sense. But I find the game doesn't eject the locked balls after the game ends...is that a setting someplace? So if I lock 2 balls, then end the game, then start another...it starts with 2 balls locked and will kickout from the swamp.

#4090 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

re: 2...this makes total sense. But I find the game doesn't eject the locked balls after the game ends...is that a setting someplace? So if I lock 2 balls, then end the game, then start another...it starts with 2 balls locked and will kickout from the swamp.

I know SOME games have an Adjustment setting to kick the balls out after game over. It's possible TAFG ROMs have it. Do not know whenter pre-TAFG software had it or not, off-hand. (Sadly, no game in front of me to check. Hee.)

#4091 3 years ago

I’m running standard L-5 ROMs in my game, and there’s no setting to empty the swamp after a game. Only power cycling the game will empty that trough.

Seems like only the gold ROMs have that setting.

#4092 3 years ago

Welp i stripped off the mansion area, polished the inserts, and applied the mansion overlay. Doing a little touchup now then will install the protector. I think it looks pretty decent and with the protector on you won't notice the insert wear.

20201222_125916 (resized).jpg20201222_125916 (resized).jpg
#4093 3 years ago

Has anyone sold a used playfield? In players shape. No mansion burn. Usual wear around fester. What’s a fair asking price if I were to sell it?

#4094 3 years ago

With playfield protector installed.

20201223_153543 (resized).jpg20201223_153543 (resized).jpg
#4095 3 years ago

Has anyone ever done a custom trans-lite in Color or B&W with the original 1964 TV series Addams Family Cast ?
Addams_gomez5 (resized).pngAddams_gomez5 (resized).png

8e48653affa8c0084724694fce76c423 (resized).jpg8e48653affa8c0084724694fce76c423 (resized).jpg

#4096 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

With playfield protector installed.
[quoted image]

Looks nice, how is it in person?

#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Looks nice, how is it in person?

Makes a big difference in the balls tracking true without any cupping or wear misdirecting the ball. Speed seems about the same really, maybe slightly slower, hard to say. The sound is a little odd, quieter since its on the protector and not the wood. Overall, it's great for older machines I would say. Not sure it would be needed for a new machine really. I may pick one up for my old KISS machine since I have so much insert cupping on that one.

Also, its significantly easier to get it up the bear ramp from the left flipper. Before it took a perfect flip. I may need to see if I can tighten the rule set.

#4098 3 years ago

happy holidays everyone!

still looking for a nice example of a tAF Gold

if anyone has a lead I'd really appreciate it, thx

#4099 3 years ago

It seems like the skill shot on my TAF is almost automatic. I changed out the shooter rod, now seems the same? any suggestions?

#4100 3 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

It seems like the skill shot on my TAF is almost automatic. I changed out the shooter rod, now seems the same? any suggestions?

Have the right spring on it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,159.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 180.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/82?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.