IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 132.
#3951 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay Addams Group
Need your help
This is my 5th Addams I’ve owned since 2004 and it’s a childhood favorite of mine
Now with that there comes that moment when I walk away from it and sell it .. move to the next pin .. you know that moment
THEN months - years later I “re discover” the wow factor of The Addams Family from either a show game played or a buddy has one Etc
and I’m reborn hunting down yet another Addams and again the price value has again gone up
There getting harder to find as your all aware and don’t want to hunt another down next year at yet again a price increase
Any ideas to help it’s keeper appeal ??
Already have her pretty cut throat on the settings and what not
Being honest and want to keep her bolted down but fear I’ll stop wanting the play
I have seen new options out there
Shaker Motor and a new sound board
Are these really worthy or just a small notch in the belt of wow appeal
Color Dmd in Addams really doesn’t seem needed to me anyways, as it was the beginning of that Pixel technology and the clips are nothing compared to today
And yes that shooter rod I have owned over the years and reinstall on every joining Addams
Any advice from owners and fans of a true Pat Lawlor Classic
[quoted image][quoted image]

Honestly, it sounds like you want to keep the game — when you get tired of it just give it some space; loan it to a friend, put a dust cover on it or put it in storage. A ColorDMD isn't going to keep the game feeling 'new' for 2-5 years.

There's a lot you can do to make your game feel a bit more modern (PinSound, shaker, etc) but really the shots are going to stay the same the game isn't going to fundamentally change, and those are all aesthetic choices which will only make it feel revitalized for so long.

That's why I'm recommending you just figure out a way to give the game some 'space' until next time you want to keep it in your active duty roster.

#3952 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

Honestly, it sounds like you want to keep the game — when you get tired of it just give it some space; loan it to a friend, put a dust cover on it or put it in storage. A ColorDMD isn't going to keep the game feeling 'new' for 2-5 years.
There's a lot you can do to make your game feel a bit more modern (PinSound, shaker, etc) but really the shots are going to stay the same the game isn't going to fundamentally change, and those are all aesthetic choices which will only make it feel revitalized for so long.
That's why I'm recommending you just figure out a way to give the game some 'space' until next time you want to keep it in your active duty roster.

That’s a solid idea

I’ll keep that in mind

Without loosing ownership I could give it that hibernation period to miss and revisit

#3953 3 years ago

Okay Addams Group
Need your help
This is my 5th Addams I’ve owned since 2004 and it’s a childhood favorite of mine
Now with that there comes that moment when I walk away from it and sell it .. move to the next pin .. you know that moment
THEN months - years later I “re discover” the wow factor of The Addams Family from either a show game played or a buddy has one Etc
and I’m reborn hunting down yet another Addams and again the price value has again gone up
There getting harder to find as your all aware and don’t want to hunt another down next year at yet again a price increase
Already have her pretty cut throat on the settings and what not
Being honest and want to keep her bolted down but fear I’ll stop wanting the play
I have seen new options out there
Shaker Motor and a new sound board
Are these really worthy or just a small notch in the belt of wow appeal
Color Dmd in Addams really doesn’t seem needed to me anyways, as it was the beginning of that Pixel technology and the clips are nothing compared to today
And yes that shooter rod I have owned over the years and reinstall on every joining Addams
Any advice from owners and fans of a true Pat Lawlor Classic
[quoted image][quoted image]

As someone who has had 4 go through my hands including a HEP, one I fully restored, and a near perfect TAFG, I can only say that I miss it and wish I would have kept my last one (the TAFG). I've settled on now that if CGC remakes it, I'll own it again and if not it'll just stick as one of my regrets.

TAF is the single pin that got me into pinball when I was young when all my friends were on the video game side of the arcade. It has a special place in my heart and hopefully some day I can have one back in my line up.

#3954 3 years ago

Where do
I find the

Motion Shaker Motor / Pinsound

I assume pin dmd for the display to freshen it up

Thanks
James

#3955 3 years ago

I get tired of all of them after a while so I am swapping my TAF with a friends DI for the holidays. We will swap back in the spring.

#3956 3 years ago

Where do
I find the
Motion Shaker Motor / Pinsound
I assume pin dmd for the display to freshen it up
Thanks
James

PinSound PLUS + Motion Control (shaker)
Alternatively there's the Pinshaker which is less expensive overall (does not require replacing the sound board like the PinSound does); it triggers on fewer things (basically it can trigger on any Solenoid activation; kickers, magnets, etc - so quite a lot, it's what I use)

I've tried ColorDMD's LED and LCD versions, and prefer the LCD version (looks more like the original DMD but in colour, and is MUCH easier to install and doesn't require modifying or replacing the THING light board). Here's the ColorDMD LCD for TAF.

I also highly recommend both an LED OCD and G.I. OCD board. You can see a side-by-side here and my take on them here.

Added over 3 years ago:

> I've tried ColorDMD's LED and LCD versions, and prefer the LCD version

As pinballreno pointed out: I *meant* to say I've tried ColorDMD's LED and LCD versions, and prefer the LED version.

#3957 3 years ago

The LCD is the one that conflicts with the thing board. LED is the drop in replacement

#3958 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

Alternatively there's the Pinshaker which is less expensive overall (does not require replacing the sound board like the PinSound does); it triggers on fewer things (basically it can trigger on any Solenoid activation; kickers, magnets, etc - so quite a lot, it's what I use)
I've tried ColorDMD's LED and LCD versions, and prefer the LCD version (looks more like the original DMD but in colour, and is MUCH easier to install and doesn't require modifying or replacing the THING light board). Here's the ColorDMD LCD for TAF.
I also highly recommend both an LED OCD and G.I. OCD board. You can see a side-by-side here and my take on them here.

You must mean the LED version?

#3959 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

Thank you

I’ll Take a look

#3960 3 years ago

Not an Addams owner, nor big on mods, but nothing would make me want to get rid of a game faster than looking at something worn every time I played it, especially if the rest of the machine was in nice shape. If that were mine, I'd find a better apron that didn't have half of the graphics rubbed off, and I'd yank that coindoor and repaint it.

#3961 3 years ago

Joined today, got a cabinet that needs a few hugs but happy to oblige.

IMG_7397.HEIC (resized).jpegIMG_7397.HEIC (resized).jpeg
#3962 3 years ago

Getting ready to do a playfield swap. Wanted to test out Mother’s metal polish, and I’m impressed.

26CF5616-28A5-4AAF-AF80-6DE2A69D0C5F.jpeg26CF5616-28A5-4AAF-AF80-6DE2A69D0C5F.jpeg
#3963 3 years ago

Looking familiar?

IMG_20201022_190111 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_190111 (resized).jpg
#3964 3 years ago

I’m all for nostalgia but this code version is probably the buggiest of all versions 1992 L1.

E6C929C5-2C98-4FB1-A42F-4E0D5619DAD0 (resized).jpegE6C929C5-2C98-4FB1-A42F-4E0D5619DAD0 (resized).jpeg
#3965 3 years ago
Quoted from thegarse:

I’m all for nostalgia but this code version is probably the buggiest of all versions 1992 L1.
[quoted image]

definitely upgrade...

#3966 3 years ago

If L-1 is nostalgic, we'll call this prehistoric.

20201024_102336 (resized).jpg20201024_102336 (resized).jpg
#3967 3 years ago

New member this week. Color LCD DMD. Pin-Tek CPU-89 with NVRAM, Rottendog Driver for Bally/Williams WPC 89, Eprom Set for WPC Sound, Addams Family Gold L3, LED lights, CPR PF, CPR mirrored back glass (coming), Fused High Power Board A-15139, new balls, blades, thing and bookcase vinyl art (coming), moleskin protected painted thing hand, custom painting the chair next.
Love this family heirloom.

TZ on its way, same restoration love.

PXL_20201024_213725169 (resized).jpgPXL_20201024_213725169 (resized).jpg
#3968 3 years ago

And painted my chair today.

PXL_20201025_222655553 (resized).jpgPXL_20201025_222655553 (resized).jpg
#3969 3 years ago
Quoted from JDelzer:

New member this week. Color LCD DMD. Pin-Tek CPU-89 with NVRAM, Rottendog Driver for Bally/Williams WPC 89, Eprom Set for WPC Sound, Addams Family Gold L3, LED lights, CPR PF, CPR mirrored back glass (coming), Fused High Power Board A-15139, new balls, blades, thing and bookcase vinyl art (coming), moleskin protected painted thing hand, custom painting the chair next.
Love this family heirloom.
TZ on its way, same restoration love.
[quoted image]

Welcome!

If need Fester/Lurch/Bear mods, check my shop:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1253-creo-pinball/03699-bundle-fester-lurch-bear-kit-free-bonus

#3970 3 years ago

Hi All, I posted a little while ago about removing mylar for a playfield protector install and thanks for the replies. I'm in a position now where I can start but I have wear on the mansion inserts that will definitely be visible underneath the playfield protector. What would you do in this situation? Pics included.

20201028_170920[1] (resized).jpg20201028_170920[1] (resized).jpg20201028_170928[1] (resized).jpg20201028_170928[1] (resized).jpg20201028_170948[1] (resized).jpg20201028_170948[1] (resized).jpg
#3971 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Hi All, I posted a little while ago about removing mylar for a playfield protector install and thanks for the replies. I'm in a position now where I can start but I have wear on the mansion inserts that will definitely be visible underneath the playfield protector. What would you do in this situation? Pics included.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Since you asked, I would replace the PF if the wear bothered me. There is a lot going on in the mansion area including raised inserts, planking of the PF, multiple areas missing artwork completely, etc.. I can only assume that there is significant wear elsewhere as well. I'm not exactly sure what you are looking to protect at this point with the installation of the protector. It won't look any good on top of all of that variation in surface. You would have to even out that surface for it to look half way decent but it would still be significantly flawed underneath. With the work you have to go through to strip the top of the PF to place the protector, I would just keep going and replace the PF.

#3972 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Hi All, I posted a little while ago about removing mylar for a playfield protector install and thanks for the replies. I'm in a position now where I can start but I have wear on the mansion inserts that will definitely be visible underneath the playfield protector. What would you do in this situation? Pics included.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have some mansion windows that have similar issues. I bought the mansion decal a few years ago and thought of cutting the windows out of it to replace the worn ones in the game. Then put mylar over the mansion area between the slings like I have seen done on some routed games. I even thought of having the playfield replaced recently and for now have decided to just enjoy playing it.

#3973 3 years ago

edit: disregard

#3974 3 years ago

Playfield swap is finished, only two issues remain I’m looking for help with. The very back two GI bulbs have no power and not a single flipper works - it doesn’t register the buttons being pushed on the cabinet.

Reseated all of the connectors, brand new fuses and verified the soldering on the solenoids. Where should I look next? Wanted to add that all flipper and bumper coils are new and match the original board in terms of wiring.

Edit: got this figured out, game is all working now, so disregard.

#3975 3 years ago

Fixed the flipper wear! Picked these up from Ministry of Pinball.

20201031_180659[1] (resized).jpg20201031_180659[1] (resized).jpg
#3976 3 years ago

Before and after (so far).

BeforeAfter (resized).pngBeforeAfter (resized).png
#3977 3 years ago

I need to purchase a new topper. What does the group recommend Smoke or Clear and why? All opinions are appreciated!

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I need to purchase a new topper. What does the group recommend Smoke or Clear and why? All opinions are appreciated!

I’ve got all clear (including ramps) on mine. Smoke just looked dirty in my opinion, but it’s free so take it for what it’s worth

#3979 3 years ago

Does anyone know what Morticia says in French on the Gold edition ROM when Gomez then says "That's French!"? Any of our international friends know the translation to English? I've always been curious as to what the line means. Thanks.

#3980 3 years ago

I never noticed any frech callouts there. Is there a special situation they are heard at?

#3981 3 years ago

In the show Gomez says Cara Mia - my darling
Morticia says Mon cher - my dear

Don't recall, but the pin is probably the same.

#3982 3 years ago
Quoted from JDelzer:

Does anyone know what Morticia says in French on the Gold edition ROM when Gomez then says "That's French!"? Any of our international friends know the translation to English? I've always been curious as to what the line means. Thanks.

"il me perce comme un poignard"
It pierces me like a lance.

(My wife knew the line from memory, just from your clue.)

#3983 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

Awesome. Thanks so much.

#3984 3 years ago

Need suggestions please for some odd lighting behavior in lower play field. Mansion shows 2 modes at same time. 3 million and graveyard at max on constantly. Right special lane on. Extra ball light lights without getting extra ball. Have reseated all leds in mansion as well as cables in backbox. I’m obviously not doing something right. Any help appreciated.

#3985 3 years ago
Quoted from cumulonimbus:

Mansion shows 2 modes at same time. 3 million and graveyard at max on constantly.

Any battery leakage on the CPU board?

#3986 3 years ago

Need suggestions please for some odd lighting behavior in lower play field. Mansion shows 2 modes at same time. 3 million and graveyard at max on constantly. Right special lane on. Extra ball light lights without getting extra ball. Have reseated all leds in mansion as well as cables in backbox. I’m obviously not doing something right. Any help appreciated.

Do lamps work as expected in Test Mode?
If so, then check your Feature Adjustments - you mak have some things set outside of Factory defaults.

#3987 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Any battery leakage on the CPU board?

Nope, but could see where that would cause some issues. Funny you asked cuz just changed to remote holder yesterday so was in the area

#3988 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Do lamps work as expected in Test Mode?
If so, then check your Feature Adjustments - you mak have some things set outside of Factory defaults.

I will check that, thank you.

#3989 3 years ago

Funny you asked cuz just changed to remote holder yesterday so was in the area

Any connectors misaligned/offset by 1 pin? The switch and lamp connectors are at the bottom of the CPU board.

#3990 3 years ago

No all pins aligned. I am experiencing multiple lights coming on when in single lights test, the correct one and 2 or 3 others.......?

#3991 3 years ago

No all pins aligned. I am experiencing multiple lights coming on when in single lights test, the correct one and 2 or 3 others.......?

Okay - light matrix issues. A diode shorted or reversed somewhere.

#3992 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

Awesome, I never knew that's what she said

#3993 3 years ago

thinking of selling my TAF 8500. PM me if interested...

#3994 3 years ago

I just wanted to make my first forum post after finding this site. RGP Usenet served me well for years but the community here is awesome. Big thanks to everyone and @robin.

Oh yeah, and I'm a The Addams Family owner! I told my wife to bury me inside it when I go.

#3995 3 years ago

Just watching the Addams Family "Morticia's Romance part 2" episode on TV and Gomez starts the episode playing his Dancing Dolls pinball machine. Makes me want to go play my TAF and try to go find a Dancing Dolls lol

#3996 3 years ago

I was going through some old plastics and found this part. My new set of plastics didn't have one.

Does anyone know what it is and where it goes?

IMG_20201109_090143 (resized).jpgIMG_20201109_090143 (resized).jpg
#3997 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I was going through some old plastics and found this part. My new set of plastics didn't have one.
[quoted image]

You'd think that was in the cemetery as it's Fester's vulture, but I don't think it's a PF plastic at least not on mine, maybe a Gold Edition thing?

#3998 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-plastics-whats-the-deal-with-some-of-the-extras#post-1330372

#3999 3 years ago

Thanks guys. After that thread, I think they go in the lost plastics box! Not my bag.

#4000 3 years ago

Im going to soon be an owner of a TAF. Im super excited. I was wondering how rare the non matching lightning bolt decal color cabinet/heads for these machines. The one I am getting is like this (serials match so its original), and ive read the thread on pinside and im just curious how many of these are in the wild.

Also, OMG i cant wait to get it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1,059.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 180.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/80?hl=barr993 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.