IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 132.
#3701 4 years ago

Thank you so much! I did search Marco for addams parts earlier but somehow I must have missed it and thus thought it was a special part being unobtanium. Time to put an order then.

#3703 4 years ago

Only part I can’t seem to find trying to get my game going is the cable assembly for the bookcase
Have ordered the thing assembly Marco is out of stock on the bookcase one
I guess I will have to make it unless someone would know where to find the cable?

#3704 4 years ago

Looking suggestions on a method to repair this, also what caused it?
Thanks!

20200411_161741 (resized).jpg20200411_161741 (resized).jpg
#3705 4 years ago

looks like insert ghosting, look into vid's guide on playfield restoration, he addresses that in his guide. Bottom line it can be fixed....

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from PAR:

Thanks![quoted image]

As the damage is straight in front of the chair the most probable cause is the chair VUK constantly shooting the ball at the same area on the playfield. Fix it up and then put clearcoat or a sheet of mylar to protect the area.

#3707 4 years ago
Quoted from PAR:

Thanks![quoted image]

Tape off the area. frisket is ok for this.

carve out the lifted clear with an exacto knife.

re-draw the keyline with oil based sharpie paint marker.

Level the playfield.

Eyedropper some 2PAC to fill the area. peel of the frisket while wet.

Sand it flush with mylar paper glued to a teflon block, buff it off. wax it.

Its not as hard as it seems. Just be super careful when sanding and buffing. Take your time.

#3708 4 years ago

Was wondering if anyone could snap a pic of where the bookcase motor wires up and where it goes so I can make a replacement
Thanks
Marshall

#3709 4 years ago

Besides me selling this pin for 2 cents over the frustration of it not working correctly,can anyone put up a suggestion on when thing Picks up the ball, how to cleanly get it to the swamp. I am at whits end. Mainly because I can’t see the issue.

I have cleaned things box, I had a nut on the aft outboard corner former owner put it so the screw would not punch through the playfield on the playfield side of the box. I thought that added an odd angle and messed with the ball so I removed it. Same issue. About 30-50% of the time, if thing picks up the ball, you can hear ball drop in the box, then the kicker goes twice and no ball enters the swamp. If you shove the pin, would tilt if I didn’t pull the plumb bob, them you hear it kick again and the ball enters the swamp. Sometimes it takes several “hard” shoves to get it there. Not cool.

The switch at the VUK seems ok. Or is it? I raised the playfield angle using PinGuy’s app of the playfield from 6.5-6.8-7.1 and always have the issue.

Please enlighten me on a solution otherwise this pin that I loved to play will be gone. Wish I had a borescope to see what the ball is doing.

Thank you

#3710 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Besides me selling this pin for 2 cents over the frustration of it not working correctly,can anyone put up a suggestion on when thing Picks up the ball, how to cleanly get it to the swamp. I am at whits end. Mainly because I can’t see the issue.
I have cleaned things box, I had a nut on the aft outboard corner former owner put it so the screw would not punch through the playfield on the playfield side of the box. I thought that added an odd angle and messed with the ball so I removed it. Same issue. About 30-50% of the time, if thing picks up the ball, you can hear ball drop in the box, then the kicker goes twice and no ball enters the swamp. If you shove the pin, would tilt if I didn’t pull the plumb bob, them you hear it kick again and the ball enters the swamp. Sometimes it takes several “hard” shoves to get it there. Not cool.
The switch at the VUK seems ok. Or is it? I raised the playfield angle using PinGuy’s app of the playfield from 6.5-6.8-7.1 and always have the issue.
Please enlighten me on a solution otherwise this pin that I loved to play will be gone. Wish I had a borescope to see what the ball is doing.
Thank you

It sounds like ball hang up in the Thing metal box under playfield. Have you taken this off?

I had a similar issue- resolves it by, when screwing the box back on, pushing up slightly (towards the roof) and then screwing it tightly, this gave a better alignment on the exit hole on the thing box.
Also have you tried new balls? Maybe yours are magnetised and so they may be sticking in the box?

#3711 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

There is a 1 kicker that moves the ball from the thing box to the subway. 1 kicker that moves it from the subway (locked position) to the scoop. Finally the scoop kicker, shoots it out.

When the ball is stuck, you can reach way in with your phone towards the transformer and take a photo aimed up and back and it should look like this. Do you see the ball sitting by either switch labeled 1 or 2??

TAF subway and scoop (resized).jpgTAF subway and scoop (resized).jpg

#3712 4 years ago

One of those two switches are probably flaky and not always registering a ball, thus the ball just sits there and not moved further.

Check them in the switch test.

#3713 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Thank you

This is a last resort but you could remove the playfield and hang it from all four corners as to how it sits in the cabinet. Still pluged up the wires should be long enough. At that point you can see under how or where the ball is getting hung up. Again I say this as a last resort,I did this with a game about 10 years ago and found my problem.

#3714 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It sounds like ball hang up in the Thing metal box under playfield. Have you taken this off?

Yes, I have had it off several times now. First to rebuild things magnet and clean it, and now over and over with the ball not getting kicked up seeing if there is an alignment issue. One time I put the box back on I guess it was out of alignment with things hand. It was rubbing on the box hard.

You can hear the thing VUK go , usually twice when the ball doesn’t get sent to the subway. Sometimes it works perfectly and that is my issue.

I will try to reach way in there when it happens again and see if I can locate the ball, doubt it though, need a borescope or maybe tape my phone to a yard stick to reach in there. Pretty sure it always sits in the VUK next to thing box. Once you shake the machine forward and aft, you hear the kicker go again and then you see the ball rolling into the swamp area.

This only happened once or twice when I first bought the game about 1.5 years ago, raised the playfield angle and it all worked fine. Now it happens during just about every game.

I can try getting new balls, they shouldn’t have been magnetized (don’t stick to anything else like the rails) I wouldn’t think since they are not the highly polished ones, but after 6 months, maybe this is my issue all along?

#3715 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I will try to reach way in there when it happens again and see if I can locate the ball, doubt it though, need a borescope or maybe tape my phone to a yard stick to reach in there.

Step 1 - confirm where it's not. You can just reach in the coin door and take a photo the same way I did above, so check the simple stuff first.

#3716 4 years ago

I had a similar issue, and my problem was the Thing box was not aligned properly to the rest of the subway hardware to get the ball to the VUK that ultimately sends it up to the Swamp. The ball kept getting hung up there; you could physically see it hanging between the box and the subway. Once I got that properly aligned, I did not have an issue since.

Don't sell the game. Once you get this, all should be good. This is a small issue - a nagging and irritating one - but definitely don't sell it. Walk away for a couple days and clear your head. I can't speak with 100% certainty, but I think you would regret selling it.

I have had SO MANY issues with my TAF. Probably as many as the rest of my B/Ws combined. I even did put it up FS here on Pinside 3 years ago; I was that over the issues. Thankfully, I realized I was making an emotional decision and pulled the ad.

You'll get it!

#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I have had SO MANY issues with my TAF. Probably as many as the rest of my B/Ws combined.

I'm glad it's not just me. My TAF has been nothing but trouble since I've owned it. Seems like every couple of days I have to dig into the playfield to sort something out. Mostly swamp issues with bad and misaligned switches, but I've easily had more "little" issues with my game than any other title I own currently.

#3718 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I had a similar issue, and my problem was the Thing box was not aligned properly to the rest of the subway hardware to get the ball to the VUK that ultimately sends it up to the Swamp. The ball kept getting hung up there; you could physically see it hanging between the box and the subway. Once I got that properly aligned, I did not have an issue since.

I played a few games on it yesterday, and it worked perfectly, maybe it got scared at the thought of me selling it. I will take a break from the pin for a while and start on my next EM restoration. Then I will double check the alignment for the box/VUK box. Using my phone on a stick will help navigate where the ball is when things go wrong. Will fill in the holes I'd guess with wood filler to relocate the screw holes for Thing's box if needed. We will see. Still one of the best games I've owned, just frustrating working on it, mainly because the play field just pivots and doesn't extend out like the later 90's models did and I keep having to feed in and out the Pinstadium lights. The rest of the game plays great, so one issue to adjust/fix, and all will be well, "all you gotta do is".

#3719 4 years ago

Give this ago .... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-ball-is-getting-lost-in-swamp#post-1860101-parent

I personally give it a good slap on the right hand side of the cabinet ,it's works a treat for me !!

#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballgeekSr:

Give this ago .... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-ball-is-getting-lost-in-swamp#post-1860101-parent
I personally give it a good slap on the right hand side of the cabinet ,it's works a treat for me !!

I have to do this when I move the machine and don’t level it properly.

#3721 4 years ago

Hi guys! Im on the Club! Just made some custom mods for my favourite pinball!
3D printed (resin + pla ) and airbrushed Fester, Lurch and Bear with lights.
Working now to a new one never seen on TAF, but will require time for design and print.

P_20200408_213638 (resized).jpgP_20200408_213638 (resized).jpgP_20200408_213652 (resized).jpgP_20200408_213652 (resized).jpgP_20200408_213702 (resized).jpgP_20200408_213702 (resized).jpgP_20200409_210815 (resized).jpgP_20200409_210815 (resized).jpgP_20200409_220051 (resized).jpgP_20200409_220051 (resized).jpgP_20200409_220109 (resized).jpgP_20200409_220109 (resized).jpgP_20200412_195827 (resized).jpgP_20200412_195827 (resized).jpgP_20200412_202040 (resized).jpgP_20200412_202040 (resized).jpgP_20200412_202058 (resized).jpgP_20200412_202058 (resized).jpg
#3722 4 years ago

Cool looking mods! Welcome to the club.

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Working now to a new one never seen on TAF, but will require time for design and print.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They are cool mods. I love the Fester the most. Would you be willing to make another and sell it? Thanks

#3724 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

They are cool mods. I love the Fester the most. Would you be willing to make another and sell it? Thanks

I’m in as well if you do.

#3725 4 years ago

Working now to a new one never seen on TAF, but will require time for design and print.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That fester is legit, I’d consider one if this becomes a thing haha.

Also, I like Lurch, but also don’t like that it blocks the view of the vault and thing ... but that mini Thing makes me think it could be a cool reveal once you get the book case opened up sitting behind the plastic.

#3726 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

That fester is legit, I’d consider one if this becomes a thing haha.
Also, I like Lurch, but also don’t like that it blocks the view of the vault and thing ... but that mini Thing makes me think it could be a cool reveal once you get the book case opened up sitting behind the plastic.

Hi, Thing is positioned to block the view of the vault when inaccessible. The view is free when vault open.
chack photos

P_20200420_102610 (resized).jpgP_20200420_102610 (resized).jpgP_20200420_102607 (resized).jpgP_20200420_102607 (resized).jpg
#3727 4 years ago

I like the bookcase mod that's offered for sale by a different Pinsider here on Pinside, but that's a personal choice. What he has done also looks great too.

20200406_152647 (resized).jpg20200406_152647 (resized).jpg
#3728 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I like the bookcase mod that's offered for sale by a different Pinsider here on Pinside, but that's a personal choice. What he has done also looks great too.[quoted image]

Any chance you remember what Pinsider made that mod? I like it!

#3729 4 years ago

All this stuff on the bookcase...

I wouldn't do it. It decreases my chance for getting "Dirty Pool!"

#3730 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

All this stuff on the bookcase...
I wouldn't do it. It decreases my chance for getting "Dirty Pool!"

It is so hard to get "Dirty Pool"! I've gotten it like twice in nearly 20 years.

#3731 4 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Yes, Pinballhorse has them for sale. Look under classified ads Addams Family. He let me buy the one I got from him unpainted with the books not installed. This way I could paint the bookcase brown, cut out the needed books for my light mod and paint the books how I wanted.

#3732 4 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

If you have a 3d printer:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2712983

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

It is so hard to get "Dirty Pool"! I've gotten it like twice in nearly 20 years.

Honestly, it's not really a thing you can shoot for. I think, when I had the game, I would get it once a month or so, and it was always because of a ball bounce or airball. (If memory serves, on the game I had, it was the Cousin It targets - hit them just right from the upper right flipper, and they'd flex and send the ball up.)

Eh, anyways - don't get me wrong, I like all of those little bookcases.

#3734 4 years ago

Thanks guys for the tips!!!

#3735 4 years ago

Is there a canonical list of where the red mini posts go, and how many there are?

When I got my machine, there was 1 in the back left corner of the ramp near the red flasher, 1 at the front of the left ramp (near where the ball drops back onto the playfield), and 1 on the underside of the Wednesday plastic. But I've seen other pictures where there is not one on the backside of the ramp, and where there is one by the vault.

So I'm curious - how many red mini posts are in a "stock" Addams Family setup, and where are they positioned?

#3736 4 years ago

You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I showed her your Fester and bear ramp mods. We don't need them painted (she can do that herself), are you willing to let us pay you for these? Let me know and I can PM you.

#3737 4 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

If you don't have a 3D printer: https://www.shapeways.com
(Cost me about $35 for the bookcase only, I didn't get the books printed - we are using dollhouse books glued in - but if you want it with books and don't want to paint it yourself, probably just buy Pinballhorse's https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91454 )

#3738 4 years ago

Hi, got many request for addams mods, i made a BIZ on pinside, so if someone interested here's the link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1253-creo-pinball/all

thanks

1 week later
#3739 3 years ago

Anybody seen or have installed the rad cals ?
Was thinking on them

#3740 3 years ago

Well, this is annoying. I completed a CPR pf swap, LED upgrade a while back. Game looks great, and plays 97.371284% great. BUT...if I miss a skill shot, or do a short launch into the swamp to lock the second ball, 9 times out of 10 I now get a ball hanging up on the gate/entrance to the swamp. I bent the gate flap forward just a bit, but that seemed to make the problem worse. As I type this, I'm thinking a picture would help...so I'll post one shortly. Anyone else deal with this, and what was your solution?

#3741 3 years ago

I waited too long to edit my original...here's the picture for the post above

taf ball stuck (resized).jpgtaf ball stuck (resized).jpg
#3742 3 years ago

I bent the flap a little further forward to force the ball into the swamp...I also recall moving that whole bracket a bit forward with the adjustment on side.

#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

I waited too long to edit my original...here's the picture for the post above
[quoted image]

I have had balls get stuck there too occasionally. Usually when "Thing" flips and it goes clear across the swamp. Very rare and I haven't tried to fix it yet.

#3744 3 years ago

Looks like it's getting stuck by the cliffy, and not on the gate itself.

#3745 3 years ago

I had the same problem with the ball getting stuck on the cliffy. I tried shimming it under the playfield to get it to be more flat, but that didn't work either. I decided to cut the cliffy in half and only use the top half, since that's where my playfield was getting worn down.

#3746 3 years ago

Hello y'all I'm having some technical difficulties with my TAF sure could use some help! So after playfield swap and new everything I got this up and running going through the test sequence testing all coils ,switches the Thing motor did not work . Everything else looked good I found the fuse was blown keeps blowing a fuse on the auxiliary driver bourd . Now when I turn it on it does have a code says check thing opto up I have replaced that I also checked the motor it works like it should it probably just didn't read the opto because Thing didn't go up or down . Well if everyone could help out I would be grateful..thanks

#3747 3 years ago

I also would like to ad I didn't have 3 amp fuze I tried a 4 amp Fuze breaker in that auxiliary driver board which caused A Flash on my driver board upper right hand side now it no longer works luckily I had another game that I could pull one from to test but things still. I did not hook up that auxiliary driver board after that.
I'm very leery of this I don't wanna fry my driver from getaway......

#3748 3 years ago

I bent the ball gate just a little more, and tightened up the fit of the ball gate mount, and haven't had the problem since. I did note the position of the cliffy, and will see if I can get it to snug up to the edge of the entrance a bit more.

taf ball stuck (resized).jpgtaf ball stuck (resized).jpg
#3749 3 years ago

Hello Addams Family owners.
I just finished recently my full restoration of my Addams Family. For those that missed the thread it is under "Its Show Time rebuilding a classic". Anyhow I did a plexiglass playfield back board along with see through art that would be back lit. I worked with a designer for the art work and had made different runs before I finished with my final one that was used in my machine. I am offering the ones I did not use for sale to help me cover some of my costs. I am posting here in this thread first before listing them on Pinside. Here is what I have:
1 complete set white see through (2 main decals and one small) with back board plastic that is cut and ready for decal to be installed. Cost is $250.00 + shipping.
1 complete set white see through (1 main decal and 1 small) $35.00 + shipping.
4 complete set clear see through (1 main decal and 1 small) $30.00 each + shipping.
2 complete set clear see through 1 with 2 main decal and 1 small. The second set is 1 and 1 only. $30.00 each set. This is darker sets (stone work color).
The sets that are clear see through will need frosted style lighting as you can see the strips through the decal. That's why I changed to white see through.
You can see pictures on my restoration thread and I will post a few here.
This is a first come, first served only and I will not be making them again. Pinside mail me if you're interested.....Mike

20200511_154429 (resized).jpg20200511_154429 (resized).jpg20200511_154444 (resized).jpg20200511_154444 (resized).jpg20200511_154506 (resized).jpg20200511_154506 (resized).jpg20200511_154516 (resized).jpg20200511_154516 (resized).jpg20200330_170220 (resized).jpg20200330_170220 (resized).jpg20200321_151625 (resized).jpg20200321_151625 (resized).jpg20200414_112829 (resized).jpg20200414_112829 (resized).jpg
#3750 3 years ago

I just got my coin door and shooter housing refinished from Chris @ pinballplating.com / Hot Rod Arcade, along with a full set of gloss black hardware (rails, lockdown bar, legs, hinges). Couldn't be happier - before & after pictures attached!

We decided to get the existing coin door refinished rather than a new one, since this has the original layout (single return slot, wide spaced coin inserts, and vintage dents).

IMG_3478 2 (resized).jpgIMG_3478 2 (resized).jpgIMG_3718 (resized).jpgIMG_3718 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 180.00
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
30,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 159.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/75?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.