thing (resized).png
morticia (resized).jpg
lurch (resized).jpg
library (resized).jpg
gomez (resized).jpg
cousin itt (resized).jpg
fester (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 132.
#3651 3 years ago

Hi there! I have a question for L-5 software owners. In feature adjustments is there a setting to clear the swamp after the game is over? I see something of that sorts in some release notes for previous versions. Thanks

#3652 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

After so many plays, it automatically clears unless you change this setting:
Utilities #3 = Reset High Score of the Day after X plays.

Yes correct, but this high score reset does not turn on the extra ball feature

#3653 3 years ago

Just became a member of the club today. The one I bought went in under 5 mins on the Facebook marketplace. Can’t wait to get it in my basement tomorrow

#3654 3 years ago

So two questions for the group! I’m a new TAF owner. Putting the game together, I found this
Metal plate in the cab. Not sure where it goes to. Owner thinks it May have been an extra when I shopped. Says it was there when he bought it.

Second is whoever owner in their prior life decided to install these disgusting Mylar patches near the flippers. Any way to remove them safely without damage to the mansion?

Thanks!!!

DEEAA8C0-0FDF-48DE-8808-322115C930AD (resized).jpegDEEAA8C0-0FDF-48DE-8808-322115C930AD (resized).jpegE1CE8C70-2472-4041-8BF4-34FCB338309E (resized).jpegE1CE8C70-2472-4041-8BF4-34FCB338309E (resized).jpeg
#3655 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

So two questions for the group! I’m a new TAF owner. Putting the game together, I found this
Metal plate in the cab. Not sure where it goes to. Owner thinks it May have been an extra when I shopped. Says it was there when he bought it.
Second is whoever owner in their prior life decided to install these disgusting Mylar patches near the flippers. Any way to remove them safely without damage to the mansion?
Thanks!!![quoted image][quoted image]

It may go on the side where the ball kicks out of the ball through.

#3656 3 years ago

Thanks!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Freeze spray method for removing mylar works best. However there is always some slight risk.
Remove residual glue with rapid-tac adhesive remover.

Your inserts are sinking a little, so I would just leave the mylar until the playfield gets restored. Or work on it later if the mylar starts lifting or bubbling.

#3657 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Your inserts are sinking a little, so I would just leave the mylar until the playfield gets restored.

+1

#3658 3 years ago

I found this
Metal plate in the cab.

Looks like it could be the metal plate that gets screwed in behind the upper right flipper. Check to see if there’s one there. If not, there’s your answer.

Agree with keeping the Mylar there below the flippers. You’ll likely risk playfield damage if you remove it. Not worth it, imho. But you do you!

#3659 3 years ago

Freeze spray method for removing mylar works best. However there is always some slight risk.
Remove residual glue with rapid-tac adhesive remover.
Your inserts are sinking a little, so I would just leave the mylar until the playfield gets restored. Or work on it later if the mylar starts lifting or bubbling.

there is a little lift on the right side...kinda why i want them both off

#3660 3 years ago

there is a little lift on the right side...kinda why i want them both off

If you must...

There are a couple vids on this.

Freeze spray, plastic razor blade.

Use zero scraping. the flex of the mylar while lifting/pulsing the spray is all you need.

Spray, wait a few seconds, spritz a little at a time until the temp is -40 degrees.

It will "plink" off if you do it right. You are separating the mylar from the glue.

No pulling, no scraping, nothing....

Its fascinating and easy when you get a feel for it.

Good luck.

#3661 3 years ago

If you must...
There are a couple vids on this.
Freeze spray, plastic razor blade.
Use zero scraping. the flex of the mylar while lifting/pulsing the spray is all you need.
Spray, wait a few seconds, spritz a little at a time until the temp is -40 degrees.
It will "plink" off if you do it right. You are separating the mylar from the glue.
No pulling, no scraping, nothing....
Its fascinating and easy when you get a feel for it.
Good luck.

i almost feel like i have to do this...that mylar looks awful in that location

#3662 3 years ago

Got it off with no issues!! All the glue is also gone. Used Alcohol and my fingers!
CCBC736A-8027-442D-AB19-B8E9D5560D66 (resized).jpegCCBC736A-8027-442D-AB19-B8E9D5560D66 (resized).jpeg

#3663 3 years ago

That is the left bear kick ramp protector

15857874681436437597574324115979 (resized).jpg15857874681436437597574324115979 (resized).jpg
#3664 3 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

That is the left bear kick ramp protector[quoted image]

Whoever has this in the past def didn’t use this one. Mine is riveted to the ramp on the left side. Doesn’t look hacked either...not sure why it’s riveted though. I’ll look more tomorrow

#3665 3 years ago

Barr993 Do you remember where you got the Thing ramp decals (in your picture post #3663)? I've been looking for them, but haven't found them.

#3666 3 years ago

I have 3 sets of stickers from Judge Dread Pinball: Thing box, bookcase and shooter lane. The center ramp sticker came as part of the shooter lane stickers here:
ebay.com link: itm

#3667 3 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

I have 3 sets of stickers from Judge Dread Pinball: Thing box, bookcase and shooter lane. The center ramp sticker came as part of the shooter lane stickers here:
ebay.com link

I’m a definite maybe, I need to look up how far from Morristown you are. Mainly in for the Thing Box. As I have the book case, but maybe also the shooter lane.

#3668 3 years ago

My message meant I have 3 different sets of JD stickers on my TAF. The center ramp sticker came with one set but couldn't remember which set it came with so had to look it up. It came with the shooter lane set at the ebay link.

#3669 3 years ago

Earlier today something happened on my TAF machine where the bear ramp now only feeds to the left side and never crosses across to feed the right. It's made it far too easy to keep shooting the ramp from the left flipper, have it feed down the left side, then shoot the ramp again with the left flipper again. The Thing Flips and Two Bear Ramp lights just blink and neither of those are in effect. Thing never flips and you don't get the Bear Ramp counts for the shot. After 10 shots you are collecting 10M per shot over and over again. I've turned it off and on a few times without any change. Any idea what is causing this? My sons are dangerously close to taking my Grand Champion title away!

#3670 3 years ago
Quoted from maxreinig:

Earlier today something happened on my TAF machine where the bear ramp now only feeds to the left side and never crosses across to feed the right. It's made it far too easy to keep shooting the ramp from the left flipper, have it feed down the left side, then shoot the ramp again with the left flipper again. The Thing Flips and Two Bear Ramp lights just blink and neither of those are in effect. Thing never flips and you don't get the Bear Ramp counts for the shot. After 10 shots you are collecting 10M per shot over and over again. I've turned it off and on a few times without any change. Any idea what is causing this? My sons are dangerously close to taking my Grand Champion title away!

It’s the diverter on the left ramp, look for the cut out in the ramp on the left side..
check in solenoid test that the diverter is activating. If it doesn’t, check no wires have come off from the underneath..

Go from there
Also think the coil only activates when you get Thing Flips.. so solenoid activates to pull the diverter in.. if it’s not returning could be the spring on the mech that returns it to its original position has come off..

#3671 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It’s the diverter on the left ramp, look for the cut out in the ramp on the left side..

Also check for a broken spring link under the playfield. If broken, the ball can push the diverter out of the way causing the same issue, even if everything else is working fine electrically.

#3672 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

check in solenoid test that the diverter is activating. If it doesn’t, check no wires have come off from the underneath..
Go from there
Also think the coil only activates when you get Thing Flips.. so solenoid activates to pull the diverter in.. if it’s not returning could be the spring on the mech that returns it to its original position has come off..

Thank you. It seems to have started working again sporadically. I'll dig into it.

#3673 3 years ago

I’m thinking of touching up my playfield with one shot. Does anyone have a color list for matching original colors? Or do you just have to get a bunch and try them? They are expensive, and I only have two pinball machines and won’t be getting more (and one is brand new) so it would be nice to not waste money on a bunch of paints I’ll never use.

#3674 3 years ago
Quoted from Nugilo92:

I’m thinking of touching up my playfield with one shot. Does anyone have a color list for matching original colors? Or do you just have to get a bunch and try them? They are expensive, and I only have two pinball machines and won’t be getting more (and one is brand new) so it would be nice to not waste money on a bunch of paints I’ll never use.

Unfortunately due to color fade and variations in manufacture, there are no "set" colors.

A 10 pack of creatix paints and some 4" mylar or acrylic sheets to mix and match on, directly over the area, is the only real way.

Some people have taken the playfield to home depot or lowes and had the computer analyze the color to order paint with close results.

Matching paint is art more than science.

perfect restoration requires painting all of the same color over the entire playfield with an airbrush.

#3675 3 years ago

Unfortunately due to color fade and variations in manufacture, there are no "set" colors.

A 10 pack of creatix paints and some 4" mylar or acrylic sheets to mix and match on, directly over the area, is the only real way.

^What he said +1 !

If you have not checked out this topic, it is a MUST, I've linked to the color match discussion

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration/page/2#post-629466

#3676 3 years ago

The Swamp kickout will be the death of me...I've checked EVERYTHING possible and no matter what, the ball will still shoot STDM...The welds are good in the kickout, the coil is correct, the sleeve is correct...ive tried to adjust everything with 0 luck...anyone have any advice? I may just drop 90 bucks on a new scoop bracket from Marco if i have to...

#3677 3 years ago

The Swamp kickout will be the death of me...I've checked EVERYTHING possible and no matter what, the ball will still shoot STDM...The welds are good in the kickout, the coil is correct, the sleeve is correct...ive tried to adjust everything with 0 luck...anyone have any advice? I may just drop 90 bucks on a new scoop bracket from Marco if i have to...

Maybe , I know, Go back in and loosen the mounting screws and Force the scoop where you want and tighten it all back up. Give it a good push!!!

#3678 3 years ago

If you do buy a new scoop, get it from Mantis...he makes good stuff and usually better than original.

#3679 3 years ago

If your scoop is not broken you should be able to tweak it one way or another to make this work the way you want.

#3680 3 years ago

Elongate the metal mounting holes. Turn it towards the flipper.

#3681 3 years ago

Found this in the cab any guess as to what it is?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3682 3 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Found this in the cab any guess as to what it is?[quoted image][quoted image]

Switch cover at the top of the plastic ramp I believe.

#3683 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Switch cover at the top of the plastic ramp I believe.

I have no clue looking around can’t see where it would go

#3684 3 years ago

What GAC said.

#3685 3 years ago

Any pics would be great. I have that exact part that was in my coin box when I got it years ago and still dont know where it goes.

#3686 3 years ago
20200410_120525 (resized).jpg20200410_120525 (resized).jpg20200410_120606 (resized).jpg20200410_120606 (resized).jpg
#3687 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much.

#3689 3 years ago

So after going thru my game, and consulting with the manual, I noticed several coils were incorrect...the main one being wrong was the swamp kickout...hence why I was getting balls STDM...it was a much more powerful coil. I was able to order all the correct ones to get it back to factory specs!

#3690 3 years ago

Thanks gac and drummermike, took my TAF apart a few years back and had the same cover leftover.

#3691 3 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Thanks gac and drummermike, took my TAF apart a few years back and had the same cover leftover.

Glad to actually have an answer for someone's question. I usually have the same questions not the answer! LOL

#3692 3 years ago

Without Pinside, I’d still be playing early SS machines, as I would be to nervous to take on newer pins as I wouldn’t be able to fix them without help

#3693 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, I didn't even know I missed this metal plate switch cover, but I've actually had a few balls trapped behind that switch so obviously I need it.

I searched https://www.moll.no/pinball/jsparts/TAF.php below "main ramp" but didn't find the metal part in question, only the simple switch bracket that I currently have (01-9476-2).

So, anyone know what the part number for the metal sheet, or even better, know anyone selling them? If not I guess I could make my own from some scrap metal I've got, but still prefer buying one for less hassle.

#3694 3 years ago

This pic is from IPDB and is what I have on my machine. Other bracket must be from a different production time.

image-11 (resized).jpgimage-11 (resized).jpg
#3695 3 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

This pic is from IPDB and is what I have on my machine. Other bracket must be from a different production time.[quoted image]

I believe the bracket he is referring to is the one behind what you have pictured there....

#3696 3 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

This pic is from IPDB and is what I have on my machine. Other bracket must be from a different production time.[quoted image]

That is what I have too.

Could that plate have been added to the later TAF Gold pins?

#3697 3 years ago

FTR, the TAF I bought new back in the early 90's for my arcade did NOT have that metal bracket, and yes, balls got stuck up there all the effin' time.

#3698 3 years ago

I searched the ramp before and totally missed that part initially. (It is on my standard TAF.)

taf switch (resized).jpgtaf switch (resized).jpg

#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I searched the ramp before and totally missed that part initially. (It is on my standard TAF.)
[quoted image]

So it seems that older TAF doesnt have the switch cover and somewhere in time the fact that balls getting stuck behind the switch made them add the plate in production.

If only someone knew the partnumber for it.

#3700 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

So it seems that older TAF doesnt have the switch cover and somewhere in time the fact that balls getting stuck behind the switch made them add the plate in production.
If only someone knew the partnumber for it.

#01-10778

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/74?hl=barr993 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.