IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 132.
#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

That means the other TAF game ROM isn't the culprit.
Did you try swapping U4 and U8 and re-seating U9 to see if you can get it to boot in the FT?

Narrowed it down, I got the new rom and installed it on my FT cpu and TAF fired up and plays as it should. Put the new rom in the original TAF cpu and the problem is still there. I guess its time to send the old board out for repairs.

#3552 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I guess its time to send the old board out for repairs.

Maybe... maybe not. Did you try my suggestions about U4, U8 and U9?

#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Maybe... maybe not. Did you try my suggestions about U4, U8 and U9?

No I did not but I will try that. I do not have the tool for the u9 but I can check the other 2,u8 is an nvram but I do have a few new extras laying around. Is there any safe way to remove u9 without the proper tool?

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

No I did not but I will try that. I do not have the tool for the u9 but I can check the other 2,u8 is an nvram but I do have a few new extras laying around. Is there any safe way to remove u9 without the proper tool?

I wouldn't advise it... here is one from Amazon though..

PHONSUN PLCC IC Chip Extractor Motherboard Circuit Board Component Puller and U Shape IC Chip Extractor Puller ROM Extraction Tool Kit + PHONSUN Portable Cellphone Holder USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HW5FV5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DGJlEb7AE312R

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

I wouldn't advise it... here is one from Amazon though..
PHONSUN PLCC IC Chip Extractor Motherboard Circuit Board Component Puller and U Shape IC Chip Extractor Puller ROM Extraction Tool Kit + PHONSUN Portable Cellphone Holder USA amazon.com link »

Ordered, will report back in a day or two.

#3556 4 years ago

Hello,

The TAF Thing Boards are now in production. Should only take them about 3 weeks to get them completed. The total cost of the boards minus shipping will be $17ea.

I am going to be sending out paypal invoices soon that will include the shipping charge for USPS priority mail.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#3557 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hello,
The TAF Thing Boards are now in production. Should only take them about 3 weeks to get them completed. The total cost of the boards minus shipping will be $17ea.
I am going to be sending out paypal invoices soon that will include the shipping charge for USPS priority mail.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

Hi! I want one as well. Let me know what you need from me. Thanks!

#3558 4 years ago
Quoted from Bernardspop:

Hi! I want one as well. Let me know what you need from me. Thanks!

Hi Bernardspop ,

Please PM me the following:

-Full Mailing Address
-Paypal Email Address
-Number of Boards
-Color of the board you want (Cool/Warm... you can wait until they get in stock if you aren't sure yet and I have posted photos of what each one looks like)

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#3559 4 years ago

We recently had a weird thing happen - we leveled our machine, with a play field tilt of 6.5, and the ball started getting stuck behind the Thing ramp (middle ramp). Anyone else run into this? How did you fix it?
We tried sticking a strip of foam in there (attached to the left "wall" and "floor", so that it's a little curved - sorry, away from my machine right now so I can't take a picture, but it doesn't work anyway), but that doesn't help. We're considering trying to set the left of the machine a little higher so that the ball will roll down more easily, or putting in a small wedge.

#3560 4 years ago

what are you using to level it?..I use an app on my phone called pinlevel or something to that effect...best thing ever...you can check the upper playfield as well as the lower playfield to see if you have any twist to the cabinet which may make it off a bit.

#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

We recently had a weird thing happen - we leveled our machine, with a play field tilt of 6.5, and the ball started getting stuck behind the Thing ramp (middle ramp). Anyone else run into this? How did you fix it?
We tried sticking a strip of foam in there (attached to the left "wall" and "floor", so that it's a little curved - sorry, away from my machine right now so I can't take a picture, but it doesn't work anyway), but that doesn't help. We're considering trying to set the left of the machine a little higher so that the ball will roll down more easily, or putting in a small wedge.

Level using the playfield itself with glass off.

#3562 4 years ago

Thanks for the tips. We did level the machine with the glass off, pretty sure our floor is slightly uneven (old wooden floor, some warping) since we've seen some slight differences in play when the machine is moved.

So my wife actually made a little "ramp" inside with Sugru; basically adding a small ramp-like curve to the surface. That seems to have nixed the problem and generally makes the ball play better when going from the Thing ramp to the Thing kickout.

1 week later
#3563 4 years ago

Hello,

I managed to assemble another prototype with the Cool White 5700K leds. Here is a photo of the two versions side by side. If you are on the list to purchase one and haven't told me yet which color you want, please pm me with your preference. If you have no preference, then please let me know you would take either one. That will help out in case I get short stock on one of the colors.

The first batch is still in production, should be in stock by the end of the month.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

TAF Thing Board Comparison Small (resized).jpgTAF Thing Board Comparison Small (resized).jpg
#3564 4 years ago

Just picked up an Addams. One issue is that the thing works fine but makes some noise in the gearing or motor when activated. Is there recommending servicing or anything to do to get rid of the noise?

Thanks,
Dave

#3565 4 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Just picked up an Addams. One issue is that the thing works fine but makes some noise in the gearing or motor when activated. Is there recommending servicing or anything to do to get rid of the noise?
Thanks,
Dave

Pull apart the motor/gearbox and service it, or replace it.

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Thanks,
Dave

...use synthetic grease to lube it up....there is a youtube video of a guy doing this....some good tips there too

#3567 4 years ago

After a very long pause, I’m starting back on my Addams restore. I just made a big parts order, but didn’t see any ramp flaps available.

Does anyone know where I could pick some up? Pinbits looked to be out of stock. I’m only really needing the ones attached to the metal thing ramp, and the one in the shooter lane

F0DCBC01-F548-429D-AC2D-1FCD01574F69 (resized).jpegF0DCBC01-F548-429D-AC2D-1FCD01574F69 (resized).jpeg
#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

After a very long pause, I’m starting back on my Addams restore. I just made a big parts order, but didn’t see any ramp flaps available.
Does anyone know where I could pick some up? Pinbits looked to be out of stock. I’m only really needing the ones attached to the metal thing ramp, and the one in the shooter lane[quoted image]

cut your own with scissors, pinrestore.com

#3569 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Does anyone know where I could pick some up? Pinbits looked to be out of stock. I’m only really needing the ones attached to the metal thing ramp, and the one in the shooter lane[quoted image]

Wow, that's a nice playfield. Is it stock?

#3570 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Level using the playfield itself with glass off.

So we double checked the leveling and it seemed OK, but it was at about 6.8 degrees. That didn't seem *too* far of 6.5, although I have learned how much of a difference even small measurements can make! Anyway my wife added a small "ramp" using Sugru the now it plays perfectly.

Incidentally, before adjusting the leveling we also had problems where the ball would still inside the Swamp, occasionally needing a pretty significant nudge. We were nearly about to order Lee's Swamp Acceleratorbut leveling it to 6.5 degrees and ensuring the left/right leveling was even seemed to do the trick.

Anyway, with the playfield 100% leveled correctly to 6.5 and with my wife's wild little Sugru ramp in place, the ball doesn't stick in the Thing ramp or in the Swamp anymore!

IMG_3180 (resized).jpegIMG_3180 (resized).jpeg
#3571 4 years ago

Backbox layered lighting (thanks Comet!):

Layered blinking effects using Comet Pinball LEDs.
Cousin It: 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Slow, Warm White
Fester (lower): 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Fast, Warm White
Fester (upper): 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Slow, Cool White
Children (lower): 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Fast, Warm White
Children (upper): 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Slow, Cool White
Auntie: 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Fast, Warm White
Woman in dirt: 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Fast, Warm White
Behind Morticia and Gomez: 1SMD Bulb - Cool White
Thing and other lights: 1SMD Bulb - Warm White

#3572 4 years ago

Nice touch

#3573 4 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

Backbox layered lighting (thanks Comet!):

Layered blinking effects using Comet Pinball LEDs.
Cousin It: 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Slow, Warm White
Fester (lower): 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Fast, Warm White
Fester (upper): 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Slow, Cool White
Children (lower): 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Fast, Warm White
Children (upper): 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Slow, Cool White
Auntie: 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Fast, Warm White
Woman in dirt: 455 Dim Blinking Bulb - Fast, Warm White
Behind Morticia and Gomez: 1SMD Bulb - Cool White
Thing and other lights: 1SMD Bulb - Warm White

I put a flame bulb behind the grandma. Adds to the fire/cauldron image.

#3574 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

The front sling star posts were purple according to the manual.

#3575 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The front sling star posts were purple according to the manual.

All clear here my friend

#3576 4 years ago

Price reduced - I have an unused backbox speaker panel light ("ultimate" version) made by lightedpinballmods for sale in the market. $165 + shipping. Retail is $229.

#3577 4 years ago

Hello,

Just a quick update on the Thing light boards. The manufacturer is shipping me out 10 of them next week. I ordered them in batches. I am hoping the next few batches will be arriving during the first two weeks of March. They are pumping these orders out slowly at the moment because of all the issues they are facing with the Coronavirus. I guess they have some huge backlogs.

I will be shipping them out in the order in which I received the request.. not payment. If you know you are further down on the list and don't want to wait, I do have several of the prototype boards on hand that I can assemble and send you in place of the production ones. These prototypes are exactly like the ones I showed pictures of.. without the cutout for upgraded speakers. So if you have original speakers in your TAF, or if you don't care about having to remove the speaker in order to install the light boards, let me know and I will be happy to assemble a prototype for you.

For everyone else, as soon as the boards come in and ship out I will send you a PM with the tracking information.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#3578 4 years ago

Im looking for ball guides, light boards and wireforms if anyone has anything for sale.

Thanks.

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I put a flame bulb behind the grandma. Adds to the fire/cauldron image.

Where can I find this magical thing?

#3580 4 years ago

New coin door inserts, courtesy FilamentPrinting !

IMG_3236 (resized).jpegIMG_3236 (resized).jpeg
#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

Where can I find this magical thing?

I believe Comet and Cointaker sell them. I'm sure a couple other LED suppliers have them as well.

#3582 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I believe Comet and Cointaker sell them. I'm sure a couple other LED suppliers have them as well.

Right, I believe it was called a flame bulb?

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Right, I believe it was called a flame bulb?

It is at cointaker. Its 3 smd rotating colors, looks good, i added a strip of opaque scotch tape to diffuse it better.

#3584 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It is at cointaker. Its 3 smd rotating colors, looks good, i added a strip of opaque scotch tape to diffuse it better.

That’s a good move, I’m going to do that. Thanks! Mine is a 4smd rotating I believe.

1 week later
#3585 4 years ago

Hello,

Quick update on the Thing Boards. Got 40 (20 Warm and 20 Cool) of them in over the weekend... FINALLY! So sorry for the delay on this. I am in the process of testing each one. They will be shipping out this week, if you are getting one from this batch I will let you know with tracking info.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

Photo Mar 09, 1 54 29 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Mar 09, 1 54 29 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Feb 28, 8 10 13 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Feb 28, 8 10 13 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Feb 28, 8 10 19 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Feb 28, 8 10 19 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Feb 28, 8 11 08 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Feb 28, 8 11 08 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Feb 28, 8 11 21 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Feb 28, 8 11 21 PM (resized).jpg
#3586 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hello,
Quick update on the Thing Boards. Got 40 (20 Warm and 20 Cool) of them in over the weekend... FINALLY! So sorry for the delay on this. I am in the process of testing each one. They will be shipping out this week, if you are getting one from this batch I will let you know with tracking info.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this batch spoken for?

#3587 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hello,
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am excited for this...last thing I need to complete my Addams!!

#3588 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is this batch spoken for?

Hello, if you want a board then please PM me the following information to get on the list. If you don't make it in this batch then there will be more available next week. These boards are not going to be a one time offering, as long as there is a demand for them I will continue to produce them.

-Full Mailing Address
-# of boards and LED temp (Warm White or Cool White)
-Paypal Email Address

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#3589 4 years ago

Haven’t had a ton of time to mess with this, but I’m getting a switch 85 and thing limit error.

The hand moves while in tests, it always shows the up-Opto as active during said test. Didn’t see this particular issue anywhere and wonder if anyone has seen it.

Edit: I did reseat the power cable to the board and fuses appear fine, but I won’t be able to do much else for a while.

#3590 4 years ago

This batch is all packaged up and is shipping out today. The post office clerk is gonna hate me!

Please be careful when you open the box, the board(s) are taped to one of the sides of the triangles.

If you are in this batch then you should have received an email from paypal with tracking info. If you didn't make the cut I should have another batch going out next week.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshaker
www.pinshakers.com

1E938BBE-E224-404C-9E86-AD80303A53CD (resized).jpeg1E938BBE-E224-404C-9E86-AD80303A53CD (resized).jpeg
#3591 4 years ago

Got my email notification, thank you!!

#3592 4 years ago

Can someone help me out in locating which distributor would have the reinforced standup targets that I can use for the swamp shot? The left side target(s) always bend back.

Thank you!

#3593 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

This batch is all packaged up and is shipping out today. The post office clerk is gonna hate me!

Isn't it a beautiful thing when you can create something that can benefit others?

#3594 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

distributor would have the reinforced standup targets that I can use for the swamp shot

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm

They have reinforced targets for the common trouble ones but not orange for the swamp shots. You'd probably be good for a long time by just changing them out with standard new ones.

#3595 4 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

They have reinforced targets for the common trouble ones but not orange for the swamp shots. You'd probably be good for a long time by just changing them out with standard new ones.

Thanks man! I will order some new ones

#3596 4 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

I did that. Swamp targets were always crooked. New standard ones are nice and straight.

#3597 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Please be careful when you open the box, the board(s) are taped to one of the sides of the triangles.
If you are in this batch then you should have received an email from paypal with tracking info. If you didn't make the cut I should have another batch going out next week.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshaker
www.pinshakers.com[quoted image]

I just installed this board and I am very happy with it. The build quality on the board is top notch. I am also happy I went with Warm White LEDs. Thank you for taking on this project.

#3598 4 years ago

Beauty! I sent PM for the warm white as well. I've never had these lights as the previous owner installed a ColorDMD and pulled the original board, due to the bulbs of course and kept or tossed it.

#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I just installed this board and I am very happy with it. The build quality on the board is top notch. I am also happy I went with Warm White LEDs. Thank you for taking on this project.

Did you have to make any adjustment to the colordmd settings? Or does the colordmd continue to light up the respective letters behind the new board? Mine arrived today and I'll be installing tomorrow.

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Did you have to make any adjustment to the colordmd settings? Or does the colordmd continue to light up the respective letters behind the new board? Mine arrived today and I'll be installing tomorrow.

I didn’t make any adjustments to the ColorDMD with the exception of removing the Thing cable from the ColorDMD and plugging it into the new board. I’m not sure if the DMD is still trying to show the letters but I doubt it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

16,000 (OBO)
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 180.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/72?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.