6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,566 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by monkfe
  • Topic is favorited by 252 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,140 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TAF Thing Board Comparison Small (resized).jpg
82CB50C0-2701-4BF6-BF3D-AB51CB5FE2AB (resized).jpeg
800px-WPCPowerBoxInside (resized).jpg
IMG_20200122_221943955 (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 7 26 12 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 7 11 27 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 7 11 16 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 7 05 09 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 6 49 21 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 6 49 11 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 6 50 04 PM (resized).jpg
7f336f318d27168fa5d871dc54a92f9b (resized).jpg
BD080232-B757-427E-B9CA-2CF78D5F8CE7 (resized).jpeg
20200104_095014 (resized).jpg
20200104_095006 (resized).jpg
B083B26C-FEC2-4CE8-B4DF-F57F916C6A8E (resized).jpeg

There are 3566 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 72.
#3551 21 days ago
Quoted from robgo777:

That means the other TAF game ROM isn't the culprit.
Did you try swapping U4 and U8 and re-seating U9 to see if you can get it to boot in the FT?

Narrowed it down, I got the new rom and installed it on my FT cpu and TAF fired up and plays as it should. Put the new rom in the original TAF cpu and the problem is still there. I guess its time to send the old board out for repairs.

#3552 21 days ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I guess its time to send the old board out for repairs.

Maybe... maybe not. Did you try my suggestions about U4, U8 and U9?

#3553 20 days ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Maybe... maybe not. Did you try my suggestions about U4, U8 and U9?

No I did not but I will try that. I do not have the tool for the u9 but I can check the other 2,u8 is an nvram but I do have a few new extras laying around. Is there any safe way to remove u9 without the proper tool?

#3554 20 days ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

No I did not but I will try that. I do not have the tool for the u9 but I can check the other 2,u8 is an nvram but I do have a few new extras laying around. Is there any safe way to remove u9 without the proper tool?

I wouldn't advise it... here is one from Amazon though..

PHONSUN PLCC IC Chip Extractor Motherboard Circuit Board Component Puller and U Shape IC Chip Extractor Puller ROM Extraction Tool Kit + PHONSUN Portable Cellphone Holder USA amazon.com link »

#3555 19 days ago
Quoted from robgo777:

I wouldn't advise it... here is one from Amazon though..
PHONSUN PLCC IC Chip Extractor Motherboard Circuit Board Component Puller and U Shape IC Chip Extractor Puller ROM Extraction Tool Kit + PHONSUN Portable Cellphone Holder USA amazon.com link ยป

Ordered, will report back in a day or two.

#3556 16 days ago

Hello,

The TAF Thing Boards are now in production. Should only take them about 3 weeks to get them completed. The total cost of the boards minus shipping will be $17ea.

I am going to be sending out paypal invoices soon that will include the shipping charge for USPS priority mail.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#3557 15 days ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hello,
The TAF Thing Boards are now in production. Should only take them about 3 weeks to get them completed. The total cost of the boards minus shipping will be $17ea.
I am going to be sending out paypal invoices soon that will include the shipping charge for USPS priority mail.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

Hi! I want one as well. Let me know what you need from me. Thanks!

#3558 15 days ago
Quoted from Bernardspop:

Hi! I want one as well. Let me know what you need from me. Thanks!

Hi bernardspop ,

Please PM me the following:

-Full Mailing Address
-Paypal Email Address
-Number of Boards
-Color of the board you want (Cool/Warm... you can wait until they get in stock if you aren't sure yet and I have posted photos of what each one looks like)

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#3559 14 days ago

We recently had a weird thing happen - we leveled our machine, with a play field tilt of 6.5, and the ball started getting stuck behind the Thing ramp (middle ramp). Anyone else run into this? How did you fix it?
We tried sticking a strip of foam in there (attached to the left "wall" and "floor", so that it's a little curved - sorry, away from my machine right now so I can't take a picture, but it doesn't work anyway), but that doesn't help. We're considering trying to set the left of the machine a little higher so that the ball will roll down more easily, or putting in a small wedge.

#3560 14 days ago

what are you using to level it?..I use an app on my phone called pinlevel or something to that effect...best thing ever...you can check the upper playfield as well as the lower playfield to see if you have any twist to the cabinet which may make it off a bit.

#3561 14 days ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

We recently had a weird thing happen - we leveled our machine, with a play field tilt of 6.5, and the ball started getting stuck behind the Thing ramp (middle ramp). Anyone else run into this? How did you fix it?
We tried sticking a strip of foam in there (attached to the left "wall" and "floor", so that it's a little curved - sorry, away from my machine right now so I can't take a picture, but it doesn't work anyway), but that doesn't help. We're considering trying to set the left of the machine a little higher so that the ball will roll down more easily, or putting in a small wedge.

Level using the playfield itself with glass off.

#3562 10 days ago

Thanks for the tips. We did level the machine with the glass off, pretty sure our floor is slightly uneven (old wooden floor, some warping) since we've seen some slight differences in play when the machine is moved.

So my wife actually made a little "ramp" inside with Sugru; basically adding a small ramp-like curve to the surface. That seems to have nixed the problem and generally makes the ball play better when going from the Thing ramp to the Thing kickout.

1 week later
#3563 2 days ago

Hello,

I managed to assemble another prototype with the Cool White 5700K leds. Here is a photo of the two versions side by side. If you are on the list to purchase one and haven't told me yet which color you want, please pm me with your preference. If you have no preference, then please let me know you would take either one. That will help out in case I get short stock on one of the colors.

The first batch is still in production, should be in stock by the end of the month.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

TAF Thing Board Comparison Small (resized).jpg
#3564 2 days ago

Just picked up an Addams. One issue is that the thing works fine but makes some noise in the gearing or motor when activated. Is there recommending servicing or anything to do to get rid of the noise?

Thanks,
Dave

#3565 2 days ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Just picked up an Addams. One issue is that the thing works fine but makes some noise in the gearing or motor when activated. Is there recommending servicing or anything to do to get rid of the noise?
Thanks,
Dave

Pull apart the motor/gearbox and service it, or replace it.

#3566 2 days ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Thanks,
Dave

...use synthetic grease to lube it up....there is a youtube video of a guy doing this....some good tips there too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 3566 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside