thing (resized).png
morticia (resized).jpg
lurch (resized).jpg
library (resized).jpg
gomez (resized).jpg
cousin itt (resized).jpg
fester (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 132.
#3451 4 years ago

Looking for blade recommendations for TAF. Mirrors? art/graphic blades? what looks best?

#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Looking for blade recommendations for TAF. Mirrors? art/graphic blades? what looks best?

I have Metallica creeping death powerblades they're pretty damn cool.

#3453 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sounds cool! Any pics?

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Sounds cool! Any pics?

Better yet--video????

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Better yet--video????

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I have the same ones in mine and love them.

#3457 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have the same ones in mine and love them.

I did have to customize the cabinet a little to make them work. There are no holes in the power blades to except the pivot bolts for the head. Instead of cutting the power blades and risking destroying them I recessed the bolts into the wood inside the cabinet. The only problem is to remove the brackets if I needed to would be to remove the blades first. It is a fairly easy job and worth the results.

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

You'll want to download the manual and everything is displayed there.
http://www.progettosnaps.net/manuals/pdf/taf_l5.pdf
Page 60/124

Thanks for the heads up, I ended up finding the full shooter part list on a later page of the manual, looked up the shooter spring and found it’s a match for this guy: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-4

#3459 4 years ago

I've seen that video. But that doesn't show me what it looks like in a TAF...

#3460 4 years ago

Is there a place where I can find out where all the TAFG are they made 1000 of them in 1994

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I've seen that video. But that doesn't show me what it looks like in a TAF...

It looks the same just with an Addams family playfield next to them.

#3462 4 years ago

I sold this the other day on here for the second time in 10 years... I just wanted to share the cabinet art lol... someone painted over the original art back before I got it in 2010. The original art is still visible under the paint. Hopefully the new owner takes some paint remover and enjoys the original art again.

187D5992-8B5F-4195-AFF1-74DA926E9F88 (resized).jpeg187D5992-8B5F-4195-AFF1-74DA926E9F88 (resized).jpeg1B97E6C6-4E77-4E90-99A0-BD4B4427F8B9 (resized).jpeg1B97E6C6-4E77-4E90-99A0-BD4B4427F8B9 (resized).jpeg439FB683-15AE-40B7-9586-FB457CFC5E58 (resized).jpeg439FB683-15AE-40B7-9586-FB457CFC5E58 (resized).jpeg73CA4B02-2AA4-45B2-9147-A374C17C07C5 (resized).jpeg73CA4B02-2AA4-45B2-9147-A374C17C07C5 (resized).jpeg9C39BE74-B1CC-4A66-A750-B5E3D406B2F7 (resized).jpeg9C39BE74-B1CC-4A66-A750-B5E3D406B2F7 (resized).jpegD0EA8AB5-7571-48D2-9CC8-FF6ADFF1C5C2 (resized).jpegD0EA8AB5-7571-48D2-9CC8-FF6ADFF1C5C2 (resized).jpeg
#3463 4 years ago

Wow who would even do that lol

#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Is there a place where I can find out where all the TAFG are they made 1000 of them in 1994

Some machine locations here

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/tafglist.htm

#3465 4 years ago

Well my third Addams Family restoration is complete. I’m actually taking this Restored Addams Family to the local brewery for route. I want everyone around here to enjoy as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

5FE4DE3B-0013-4ABB-B504-2F47F9E5667C (resized).jpeg5FE4DE3B-0013-4ABB-B504-2F47F9E5667C (resized).jpeg721D91A6-9761-4F37-92CD-5AF4E839BEAB (resized).jpeg721D91A6-9761-4F37-92CD-5AF4E839BEAB (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3467 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Well my third Addams Family restoration is complete. I’m actually taking this Restored Addams Family to the local brewery for route. I want everyone around here to enjoy as much as I enjoyed putting it together.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The black legs look great.

#3468 4 years ago

Looks awesome. The Elvira looks vivid too

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I want everyone around here to enjoy as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

I’m sure they will. My friends all love this game when they come over and It was the only reason I went to a crappy miniature golf course near topsail beach back in the 1990’s Nice job. May do a nice cabinet resto on mine someday.

#3470 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Well my third Addams Family restoration is complete. I’m actually taking this Restored Addams Family to the local brewery for route. I want everyone around here to enjoy as much as I enjoyed putting it together.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How much money do you have into that and how long is it going to take to pay it off? You're awesome for doing this, but no way in hell would I restore a TAF to that degree and put it on route. That title even if in pretty rough shape still commands coin if it plays well.

#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

How much money do you have into that and how long is it going to take to pay it off? You're awesome for doing this, but no way in hell would I restore a TAF to that degree and put it on route. That title even if in pretty rough shape still commands coin if it plays well.

Lol

Fix 'em up, tear them down!

Rinse, repeat.

In the mean time its all about how they play.

Modern restorations play way better than brand new games ever did!

Well worth $1-$1.5 a game.

#3473 4 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Wala
Sorry, don't have any extra parts. I did make CAD dwgs of some NLA parts.(not all) You would still need to have someone local to you laser cut from 18ga stainless and then bend. If you are interested in this route, pm me with your email address and I will send you what I have.
Wally

I'd been thinking about this for the last few weeks. Got a 3D printer and have made several parts for my TAF. Some of the STL files are even on Thingiverse. Having CAD drawings of the metal parts are super cool.

#3474 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

6K in it hard costs. This one was never about the bottom line. I just wanted to let the people at my Brewery enjoy a restored classic. I will not get hurt on this but profit,well we will see.

#3475 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Lol
Fix 'em up, tear them down!
Rinse, repeat.
In the mean time its all about how they play.
Modern restorations play way better than brand new games ever did!
Well worth $1-$1.5 a game.

agreed

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

6K in it hard costs. This one was never about the bottom line. I just wanted to let the people at my Brewery enjoy a restored classic. I will not get hurt on this but profit,well we will see.

Well done its not always about the money, the journey is half the fun.

#3477 4 years ago

Spent some time under the hood of mine yesterday on location.

20191230_194909 (resized).jpg20191230_194909 (resized).jpg
#3478 4 years ago

That looks really clean. Well done.

#3479 4 years ago

I recently joined the club. The machine came from a residence but it seems it was originally in Spain. I do have a few questions for the group, but I need to collect my thoughts first. When this game first came out, I would drive about 45 minutes to a cinema with a TAF in the lobby just to play it. I promised myself that I would one day have one of my own. When I bought my house several years ago, I reserved a spot for the game in the basement, where it now resides.

#3480 4 years ago

While I was replacing the rubbers and cleaning the playfield of our new-to-us machine, my wife took the opportunity to paint the electric chair and touch up the playfield.
B083B26C-FEC2-4CE8-B4DF-F57F916C6A8E (resized).jpegB083B26C-FEC2-4CE8-B4DF-F57F916C6A8E (resized).jpeg

#3481 4 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

my wife took the opportunity to paint the electric chair and touch up the playfield.

WOW that looks cool, nice job!

#3482 4 years ago

Question about the metal box thing's hand is in relation to the other box that houses the VUK. On mine, the two boxes are separate and there is a minor gap between them that the ball has to travel across. Sometimes, when thing takes the ball, the ball gets stuck between the gap. I had to increase the playfield angle to around 6.7-7.0 degrees to prevent this, sometimes it still hangs up but with a forward nudge the ball usually then goes into the VUK and sends the ball to the swamp. Is there supposed to be anything in between these two components to prevent this or are they installed incorrectly? I do not see any other screw holes in the plywood suggesting the boxes were changed and mismounted.

Thank you,

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Question about the metal box thing's hand is in relation to the other box that houses the VUK. On mine, the two boxes are separate and there is a minor gap between them that the ball has to travel across. Sometimes, when thing takes the ball, the ball gets stuck between the gap. I had to increase the playfield angle to around 6.7-7.0 degrees to prevent this, sometimes it still hangs up but with a forward nudge the ball usually then goes into the VUK and sends the ball to the swamp. Is there supposed to be anything in between these two components to prevent this or are they installed incorrectly? I do not see any other screw holes in the plywood suggesting the boxes were changed and mismounted.
Thank you,

Not sure what gap you mean.

20200104_095006 (resized).jpg20200104_095006 (resized).jpg20200104_095014 (resized).jpg20200104_095014 (resized).jpg
#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Not sure what gap you mean.

The gap that is in your first picture, where the ball transitions from the metal box that covers Thing's hand to the VUK. Not sure if the box should be more at an angle to speed up the ball? If the playfield is at less than 6.5 degrees, the ball 70% of the time will get stuck in that gap. I had the box off and cleaned it, thought there might be something slowing the ball down. Maybe I should wax the box to make it slicker so the ball can roll faster? As long as the playfield is around 7 degrees, it normally isn't an issue, normally.

#3485 4 years ago

Mine is at 6.5 degrees and I never had that problem. I do not think wax is a good solution. Try to get them close together. Maybe one unit should be higher so the ball drops into the vuk. Then there will not be an even gap. Hard to see what is in there. Take some pictures for Pinside.

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Another common issue, is the box gets dented and the ball hangs up, or there is some debris in the box that stops the ball, so take the box off and check it. The box is mounted with a tab and 2 screws, so make sure no wires are caught, and its mounted firmly.

#3487 4 years ago

Does anyone still make or sell the GREED book mod that encapsulates the two light bulbs?

#3488 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does anyone still make or sell the GREED book mod that encapsulates the two light bulbs?

I might have a spare. I can look when I get home 1 week from today and let you know next weekend.

#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I messaged mjenison directly and he said he does still make them, i just received mine yesterday in fact. It’s really well made.

#3490 4 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

I messaged mjenison directly and he said he does still make them, i just received mine yesterday in fact. It’s really well made.

Yup, love that mod, it looks great in mine!

#3491 4 years ago

Yup, it’s perfect. Looks like it was designed to be part of the game originally.

Just wish he did something for the THING lights too!

#3492 4 years ago

The relay on my power board has just started to randomly click in any situation, the game still works perfectly.
Anyone know what would cause this and if I can just desolder the relay to stop the annoying clicking, don’t think it’s needed anyway as it has a fliptronics board?

Also just fitted a mirrored back glass that looks great.
Thanks.
BD080232-B757-427E-B9CA-2CF78D5F8CE7 (resized).jpegBD080232-B757-427E-B9CA-2CF78D5F8CE7 (resized).jpeg

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

The relay on my power board has just started to randomly click in any situation, the game still works perfectly.

Relays randomly click because they are getting a bad control signal to their coil. Start with reseating the ribbon cables between the CPU and driver boards.

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Relays randomly click because they are getting a bad control signal to their coil. Start with reseating the ribbon cables between the CPU and driver boards.

Thank you I will try that.

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Thank you,

Hammer out any ball dents in the box. It has to be really flat inside.

#3496 4 years ago

Just came across this picture. Its cousin It during filming back in the 60s showing his face on set.

7f336f318d27168fa5d871dc54a92f9b (resized).jpg7f336f318d27168fa5d871dc54a92f9b (resized).jpg
#3497 4 years ago

Hello Addams Family members. IT'S SHOWTIME! I am in the starting process of a full restoration on my Addams Family pinball machine. If you would like to follow along the journey you can view it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-showtime-rebuilding-a-classic-the-addams-family-#post-5416245

#3498 4 years ago

My “The Power” flasher is out, everything else is fine. Checked the bulb and swapped it with a new one and nothing, is there a specific fuse to check or transistor? Thank you.

#3499 4 years ago

Checked voltage to the socket? Obvious thing I know..

#3500 4 years ago

Hey Everyone,

Just joined the club the other day and we love our TAF so far. Finally something my wife and I can both agree on!

I went to install a ColorDMD and immediately ran into the issue with the "THING" light board being in the way. Looked through this forum and found that it can be installed in the highest position but you will have to monkey around with closing the backbox light panel first and removing one of the lamps in order to install the display panel. I am in and out of my backbox enough that to me this is just too much of a PITA. Then I read through some more posts and saw that there was a company that made an aftermarket board.. but the link to their website doesn't seem to work any more. I also saw that CLEllison was attempting to make one but looks like he wasn't able to finish it.

Anyways, I decided to design and create my own. Below are some pictures of the finished board. I chose to use 3000k warm white LEDs to try and mimic the original incandescent look, however I am also ordering a batch with 5700k cool white LEDs. It fits flush with a black colored PCB so there is no light that bleeds through back onto the DMD. I updated the design so that it will fit with a set of Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro speakers without having to remove them. There is some slight ghosting though, but it isn't too bad IMO. I believe there is a solution to fix ghosting LEDs... OCD LED Board... and it should work with this thing light board however I do not have one to test it.

If anyone wants one just let me know with a PM including (Subject: TAF Thing Board, Quantity, Full Mailing Address). Not looking to make anything off these, just trying to help others out. Also not trying to step on anyone else's toes.. e.g. CLEllison or that other company that made them, or anyone else planning to in the future. The price per unit should only be about $10-$15 plus shipping and will come fully assembled and ready to plug and play. The manufacturer I am using is closed until Feb 1st, and they are about a 3 week turn-around so expect them in stock around the middle to end of February.

All that being said I am thrilled to be apart of the club. We have already installed one of our shaker kits in the machine and it is amazing. Got it set to trigger with the topper lightning flasher. We are also planning to bring the machine with us to Pinfest for everyone to play at our booth.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com
Photo Jan 19, 6 49 11 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 49 11 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 49 21 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 49 21 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 50 04 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 6 50 04 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 05 09 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 05 09 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 11 16 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 11 16 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 11 27 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 11 27 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 26 12 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 19, 7 26 12 PM (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
16,500 (OBO)
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 159.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/70?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.