IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
20240323_132510 (resized).jpg
20240323_132525 (resized).jpg
20240323_173327 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,586 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 132.
#3401 4 years ago

Question, have any of you TAF owners ever installed the newer latch/lock/lift system for the playfield that newer 90s Bally/Williams machines have in them? I am in the process and/or going to start a restoration on mine and would like to add this system as I dislike the access to playfield for repairs. If someone has would like to know what issues they ran into if any.

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Question, have any of you TAF owners ever installed the newer latch/lock/lift system for the playfield that newer 90s Bally/Williams machines have in them? I am in the process and/or going to start a restoration on mine and would like to add this system as I dislike the access to playfield for repairs. If someone has would like to know what issues they ran into if any.

I was just thinking this last night as I was under my TAF playfield. Can this be done?? Same issue for T2. Annoying!!

#3403 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I was just thinking this last night as I was under my TAF playfield. Can this be done?? Same issue for T2. Annoying!!

I think Chris st HEP has done it a few times.

#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

80% of them were reimports... #1-799..

Is that actually how many left the US originally? I knew the early (lower run numbers) went to Europe etc but had no idea it was so many! I have owned #0082 for 11 years now

20191201_113957 (resized).jpg20191201_113957 (resized).jpg

#3406 4 years ago

Did you take that picture in my game room?

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Did you take that picture in my game room?

It might be

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#3408 4 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm not a member yet but hope to be soon. I am gathering parts and pieces in anticipation of restoring a project machine (That I do not yet own).

Does anyone have a source for the 2 5/8" switch bracket (01-9476-4) that is part of the ramp assembly? Marco has a listing but it has been out of stock for a long time https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9476-4 . Is there a way to modify/use the 2 1/4" switch bracket (01-9476-2) that is also a part of the ramp assembly? (Since it is shorter I would think not).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Hello everyone!
I'm not a member yet but hope to be soon. I am gathering parts and pieces in anticipation of restoring a project machine (That I do not yet own).
Does anyone have a source for the 2 5/8" switch bracket (01-9476-4) that is part of the ramp assembly? Marco has a listing but it has been out of stock for a long time https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9476-4 . Is there a way to modify/use the 2 1/4" switch bracket (01-9476-2) that is also a part of the ramp assembly? (Since it is shorter I would think not).

if you dont have a machine yet, how do you know you need that?

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Hello everyone!

Hey Wala
There are probably a few brackets that could be modified to fit in place of the NLA 01-9476-4. I used a 01-14188 which measures 2 3/4". It is available at PPS. I think that I enlarged the left mounting hole for a better fit.
Wally

100_2247 (resized).JPG100_2247 (resized).JPG
#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

if you dont have a machine yet, how do you know you need that?

Im building the entire ramp assembly in anticipation of using it for a future restoration project. I am guessing that the type of machine I can afford (or one wife will let me afford) will likely be completely roached and need a new one. Plus it gives me something to tinker with

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

here are probably a few brackets that could be modified to fit in place of the NLA 01-9476-4. I used a 01-14188 which measures 2 3/4". It is available at PPS. I think that I enlarged the left mounting hole for a better fit.

Thanks for the push in the right direction. I can definitely make this work

#3413 4 years ago

Been workin' on a few TAF assys. Got these Bookcase parts from a TAF that was in a fire. Rebuilt gearbox and other parts cleaned up OK.
Wally

100_1358 (resized).JPG100_1358 (resized).JPG100_1374 (resized).JPG100_1374 (resized).JPG100_1376 (resized).JPG100_1376 (resized).JPG100_2091 (resized).JPG100_2091 (resized).JPG100_2266 (resized).JPG100_2266 (resized).JPG100_2288 (resized).JPG100_2288 (resized).JPG100_2310 (resized).JPG100_2310 (resized).JPG100_2318 (resized).JPG100_2318 (resized).JPG
#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Been workin' on a few TAF assys. Got these Bookcase parts from a TAF that was in a fire. Rebuilt gearbox and other parts cleaned up OK.
Wally[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

YOU....are a rock star, Wally!

#3415 4 years ago

Hey, thanks, Bryan. These parts smelled like a campfire when I got them. Came real close to throwing everything in the garbage. Sometimes I think that 90% of working on pins is cleaning, polishing, sanding and more cleaning.
Wally

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

from a TAF that was in a fire

wallybgood Do you happen to have the crossover wire form/ramp that you might be willing to sell (any condition is fine)?

#3417 4 years ago

wallybgood or even the main ball guide? again...any condition...Thanks!

or any of the other NLA metal parts ...

#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

wallybgood or even the main ball guide? again...any condition...Thanks!
or any of the other NLA metal parts ...

Hey Wala
Sorry, don't have any extra parts. I did make CAD dwgs of some NLA parts.(not all) You would still need to have someone local to you laser cut from 18ga stainless and then bend. If you are interested in this route, pm me with your email address and I will send you what I have.
Wally

#3419 4 years ago

Left and Right magnet not firing. It's a board issue, but Q32 and Q44 check out ok. What am I missing?

The magnets are good. I can swap power boards with another machine and they work. So the issue is on the board. But when I test Q32 and Q44, they seem to be ok. Someone talk sense to me, what am I missing?

Update: me = dumb. I think this was just a loose connector, hence working when I swapped the boards, connectors got put on snugly in place. Swap back and the magnets are all good now.

#3420 4 years ago

Hello fellow taf owner's. Iam having an issue with my addams family. When am playing, the game will restart. .. machine is a fully restored addams family. What could the issue be??

#3421 4 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Hello fellow taf owner's. Iam having an issue with my addams family. When am playing, the game will restart. .. machine is a fully restored addams family. What could the issue be??

Common issue with the 5V power supply. Kahr board will "fix". Or A new modern design power board like Rotten Dog gets rid of the issue.

I have Kahr daughter boards in 2 of my Bally pins. I have a Rotten Dog in 2. Problem solved.

#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Common issue with the 5V power supply. Kahr board will "fix". Or A new modern design power board like Rotten Dog gets rid of the issue.
I have Kahr daughter boards in 2 of my Bally pins. I have a Rotten Dog in 2. Problem solved.

Yep, other than rebuilding all the boards with new caps, chips and pins on 30 year old games.

This is a good solution if you want to play today and not have the game broken all the time.

#3423 4 years ago

And then when it starts resetting even with the Kahr board you can do it right - by properly diagnosing it and fixing the problem.

Had a Kahr board in mine and it still reset. Fixed it the right way and haven't looked back.

#3424 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

And then when it starts resetting even with the Kahr board you can do it right - by properly diagnosing it and fixing the problem.
Had a Kahr board in mine and it still reset. Fixed it the right way and haven't looked back.

Yep, that's what I do.

#3425 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

no not to an Addams but yes to a getaway HS2, makes service much easier, also added a Data East backbox latch system... Love the simplicity of these.

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

unfortunately the issue isn't always the PD board not regulating the 5V supply correctly.
can be one of 5 or so issues being the culprit. Follow the fault and repair what is the cause.
1-PD board cannot supply the required current so voltage drops.
2-connectors either end of CPU or PD power interconnects... crimps failed.
3-ASIC not making good contact with socket
4-broken/open circuit diode on a coil, mainly flippers as PD takes care of other backlash diodes on others.
5-corrosion on CPU
6-pinched wire under one of the boards
7-breakdown of a bypass capacitor causing short on 5V line (rare, as they usually stay short).
8-.....
9-.....
10-....

not a clear cut reason... chase the fault!

#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Try a different outlet on a different circuit breaker. That's what worked for me and I have read others doing same. This game can be picky if to much draw on electrical curcuit.

#3428 4 years ago

Can we see pics of inter side Art? Like mirror blades. I can’t find any I like.

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I put a set of power blades on mine and love it.

#3430 4 years ago

I put a set of power blades on mine and love it.

Pic?

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have mirror blades in most of my games and pulled them from my TAF. For some reason, they just didn't work for me. Planetary has a set of art blades that definitely match the existing artwork and I'm considering them.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-20&Product_Code=PPS-TAF-SIDEBD-PD

PPS-TAF-SIDEBD-PDL (resized).jpgPPS-TAF-SIDEBD-PDL (resized).jpg
#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Would like to see a few options too

#3433 4 years ago

Do you guys like this one?

B6D08427-14CA-4BE7-B1FB-374EDBBE26FB (resized).pngB6D08427-14CA-4BE7-B1FB-374EDBBE26FB (resized).png
#3434 4 years ago

I was just going to post a pic but with the thumbs down I think I will let you figure it out for yourself.

#3435 4 years ago

I was just going to post a pic but with the thumbs down I think I will let you figure it out for yourself.

Sorry it was meant to be thumbs up. Lol.

#3436 4 years ago

Hey all, trying to join the club and going to check out a few games - Aside from the usual stuff, Playfield wear, flipper strength, Board and wiring hacks, etc, what should I be on the lookout for Specific to TAF? Are there weak points or stuff that’s always broken I should keep an eye out for? Thanks!

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

on the lookout for Specific to TAF?

Watch for magnet burn - discoloration in the center of the playfield caused by a magnet getting stuck on, heating up and burning the playfield.
Common wear spots are the mansion inserts, chair scoop, and orbit at the top where the ball lands when plunged.
Mechs to check are thing ball lock and bookcase rotation.

#3438 4 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hey all, trying to join the club and going to check out a few games - Aside from the usual stuff, Playfield wear, flipper strength, Board and wiring hacks, etc, what should I be on the lookout for Specific to TAF? Are there weak points or stuff that’s always broken I should keep an eye out for? Thanks!

Cracked ramp around the back where it turns the corner.

#3439 4 years ago

Chair scoop for sure but a cliffy does a greaat job covering it

#3440 4 years ago

jp1985 Neal_W thanks guys.

I know how to easily trigger the thing lock, how do you trigger the bookcase rotation? Spelling greed?

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

how do you trigger the bookcase rotation? Spelling greed?

Yes, there are 4 optos in front of the book case, and each time you hit one of those it adds a GREED letter. Good chance to test each of those.

#3442 4 years ago

Took the plunge and added in a mirrored backglass, switched up some brighter LED’s to adjust from the translight. Pretty happy with the setup!

30111181-7EDF-4C55-9EBA-00713DA1C5FC (resized).jpeg30111181-7EDF-4C55-9EBA-00713DA1C5FC (resized).jpeg4C6F4193-B176-48D7-BD63-8795BED5CC06 (resized).jpeg4C6F4193-B176-48D7-BD63-8795BED5CC06 (resized).jpeg5CC76EE8-0630-4482-97A8-C70D4F5BB051 (resized).jpeg5CC76EE8-0630-4482-97A8-C70D4F5BB051 (resized).jpeg
#3443 4 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Took the plunge

Looks great! I plan on getting the mirrored backglass for my Addams as well as Jack*Bot, as well as any any other pin I get that CPR makes. Really like the classy look of real glass and especially the mirror effect like the 70s 80s pins.

#3444 4 years ago

I’m in the club! Early Xmas present.

8D8C2B3A-4065-42A7-8EC6-FD3DC48EA08D (resized).jpeg8D8C2B3A-4065-42A7-8EC6-FD3DC48EA08D (resized).jpeg
#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

I’m in the club!

Welcome! Hope Santa didn’t get a hernia bringing that game down the chimney!

Nice collection, love jungle queen and Pinbot!

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Took the plunge and added in a mirrored backglass, switched up some brighter LED’s to adjust from the translight. Pretty happy with the setup![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the mirrored back glass on my TAFG and REALLY like it... Totally worth the cost.

Jeff

#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I have the mirrored back glass on my TAFG and REALLY like it... Totally worth the cost.
Jeff

Agreed! Definitely needs LEDs to brighten it up, though!

#3448 4 years ago

What trims did you use to fit the CPR glass? The ones that came with the OEM translite? WPC95 ones?

#3449 4 years ago

My wife and I just got a TAF machine, and it's been tons of fun.

The shooter feels a little...soggy, so we're thinking we'll replace the spring. Any suggestions on the spring tension? I'm very new to this.

#3450 4 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

My wife and I just got a TAF machine, and it's been tons of fun.
The shooter feels a little...soggy, so we're thinking we'll replace the spring. Any suggestions on the spring tension? I'm very new to this.

You'll want to download the manual and everything is displayed there.
http://www.progettosnaps.net/manuals/pdf/taf_l5.pdf

Page 60/124

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 1,159.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
There are 6,586 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/69?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.