5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,499 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 248 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,129 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7f336f318d27168fa5d871dc54a92f9b (resized).jpg
BD080232-B757-427E-B9CA-2CF78D5F8CE7 (resized).jpeg
20200104_095014 (resized).jpg
20200104_095006 (resized).jpg
B083B26C-FEC2-4CE8-B4DF-F57F916C6A8E (resized).jpeg
20191230_194909 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
721D91A6-9761-4F37-92CD-5AF4E839BEAB (resized).jpeg
5FE4DE3B-0013-4ABB-B504-2F47F9E5667C (resized).jpeg
9C39BE74-B1CC-4A66-A750-B5E3D406B2F7 (resized).jpeg
187D5992-8B5F-4195-AFF1-74DA926E9F88 (resized).jpeg
D0EA8AB5-7571-48D2-9CC8-FF6ADFF1C5C2 (resized).jpeg
1B97E6C6-4E77-4E90-99A0-BD4B4427F8B9 (resized).jpeg
439FB683-15AE-40B7-9586-FB457CFC5E58 (resized).jpeg

There are 3499 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 70.
#3401 51 days ago

Question, have any of you TAF owners ever installed the newer latch/lock/lift system for the playfield that newer 90s Bally/Williams machines have in them? I am in the process and/or going to start a restoration on mine and would like to add this system as I dislike the access to playfield for repairs. If someone has would like to know what issues they ran into if any.

#3402 51 days ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Question, have any of you TAF owners ever installed the newer latch/lock/lift system for the playfield that newer 90s Bally/Williams machines have in them? I am in the process and/or going to start a restoration on mine and would like to add this system as I dislike the access to playfield for repairs. If someone has would like to know what issues they ran into if any.

I was just thinking this last night as I was under my TAF playfield. Can this be done?? Same issue for T2. Annoying!!

#3403 51 days ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I was just thinking this last night as I was under my TAF playfield. Can this be done?? Same issue for T2. Annoying!!

I think Chris st HEP has done it a few times.

#3405 48 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

80% of them were reimports... #1-799..

Is that actually how many left the US originally? I knew the early (lower run numbers) went to Europe etc but had no idea it was so many! I have owned #0082 for 11 years now

20191201_113957 (resized).jpg

#3406 47 days ago

Did you take that picture in my game room?

#3407 47 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Did you take that picture in my game room?

It might be

1 (resized).jpg

#3408 45 days ago

Hello everyone!

I'm not a member yet but hope to be soon. I am gathering parts and pieces in anticipation of restoring a project machine (That I do not yet own).

Does anyone have a source for the 2 5/8" switch bracket (01-9476-4) that is part of the ramp assembly? Marco has a listing but it has been out of stock for a long time https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9476-4 . Is there a way to modify/use the 2 1/4" switch bracket (01-9476-2) that is also a part of the ramp assembly? (Since it is shorter I would think not).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

#3409 45 days ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Hello everyone!
I'm not a member yet but hope to be soon. I am gathering parts and pieces in anticipation of restoring a project machine (That I do not yet own).
Does anyone have a source for the 2 5/8" switch bracket (01-9476-4) that is part of the ramp assembly? Marco has a listing but it has been out of stock for a long time https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9476-4 . Is there a way to modify/use the 2 1/4" switch bracket (01-9476-2) that is also a part of the ramp assembly? (Since it is shorter I would think not).

if you dont have a machine yet, how do you know you need that?

#3410 45 days ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Hello everyone!

Hey Wala
There are probably a few brackets that could be modified to fit in place of the NLA 01-9476-4. I used a 01-14188 which measures 2 3/4". It is available at PPS. I think that I enlarged the left mounting hole for a better fit.
Wally

100_2247 (resized).JPG
#3411 45 days ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

if you dont have a machine yet, how do you know you need that?

Im building the entire ramp assembly in anticipation of using it for a future restoration project. I am guessing that the type of machine I can afford (or one wife will let me afford) will likely be completely roached and need a new one. Plus it gives me something to tinker with

#3412 45 days ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

here are probably a few brackets that could be modified to fit in place of the NLA 01-9476-4. I used a 01-14188 which measures 2 3/4". It is available at PPS. I think that I enlarged the left mounting hole for a better fit.

Thanks for the push in the right direction. I can definitely make this work

#3413 41 days ago

Been workin' on a few TAF assys. Got these Bookcase parts from a TAF that was in a fire. Rebuilt gearbox and other parts cleaned up OK.
Wally

100_1358 (resized).JPG100_1374 (resized).JPG100_1376 (resized).JPG100_2091 (resized).JPG100_2266 (resized).JPG100_2288 (resized).JPG100_2310 (resized).JPG100_2318 (resized).JPG
#3414 41 days ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Been workin' on a few TAF assys. Got these Bookcase parts from a TAF that was in a fire. Rebuilt gearbox and other parts cleaned up OK.
Wally[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

YOU....are a rock star, Wally!

#3415 41 days ago

Hey, thanks, Bryan. These parts smelled like a campfire when I got them. Came real close to throwing everything in the garbage. Sometimes I think that 90% of working on pins is cleaning, polishing, sanding and more cleaning.
Wally

#3416 37 days ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

from a TAF that was in a fire

wallybgood Do you happen to have the crossover wire form/ramp that you might be willing to sell (any condition is fine)?

#3417 37 days ago

wallybgood or even the main ball guide? again...any condition...Thanks!

or any of the other NLA metal parts ...

#3418 37 days ago
Quoted from Walamab:

wallybgood or even the main ball guide? again...any condition...Thanks!
or any of the other NLA metal parts ...

Hey Wala
Sorry, don't have any extra parts. I did make CAD dwgs of some NLA parts.(not all) You would still need to have someone local to you laser cut from 18ga stainless and then bend. If you are interested in this route, pm me with your email address and I will send you what I have.
Wally

#3419 36 days ago

Left and Right magnet not firing. It's a board issue, but Q32 and Q44 check out ok. What am I missing?

The magnets are good. I can swap power boards with another machine and they work. So the issue is on the board. But when I test Q32 and Q44, they seem to be ok. Someone talk sense to me, what am I missing?

Update: me = dumb. I think this was just a loose connector, hence working when I swapped the boards, connectors got put on snugly in place. Swap back and the magnets are all good now.

#3420 33 days ago

Hello fellow taf owner's. Iam having an issue with my addams family. When am playing, the game will restart. .. machine is a fully restored addams family. What could the issue be??

#3421 33 days ago
Quoted from Adib:

Hello fellow taf owner's. Iam having an issue with my addams family. When am playing, the game will restart. .. machine is a fully restored addams family. What could the issue be??

Common issue with the 5V power supply. Kahr board will "fix". Or A new modern design power board like Rotten Dog gets rid of the issue.

I have Kahr daughter boards in 2 of my Bally pins. I have a Rotten Dog in 2. Problem solved.

#3422 33 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Common issue with the 5V power supply. Kahr board will "fix". Or A new modern design power board like Rotten Dog gets rid of the issue.
I have Kahr daughter boards in 2 of my Bally pins. I have a Rotten Dog in 2. Problem solved.

Yep, other than rebuilding all the boards with new caps, chips and pins on 30 year old games.

This is a good solution if you want to play today and not have the game broken all the time.

#3423 33 days ago

And then when it starts resetting even with the Kahr board you can do it right - by properly diagnosing it and fixing the problem.

Had a Kahr board in mine and it still reset. Fixed it the right way and haven't looked back.

#3424 33 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

And then when it starts resetting even with the Kahr board you can do it right - by properly diagnosing it and fixing the problem.
Had a Kahr board in mine and it still reset. Fixed it the right way and haven't looked back.

Yep, that's what I do.

#3425 33 days ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

no not to an Addams but yes to a getaway HS2, makes service much easier, also added a Data East backbox latch system... Love the simplicity of these.

#3426 33 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

unfortunately the issue isn't always the PD board not regulating the 5V supply correctly.
can be one of 5 or so issues being the culprit. Follow the fault and repair what is the cause.
1-PD board cannot supply the required current so voltage drops.
2-connectors either end of CPU or PD power interconnects... crimps failed.
3-ASIC not making good contact with socket
4-broken/open circuit diode on a coil, mainly flippers as PD takes care of other backlash diodes on others.
5-corrosion on CPU
6-pinched wire under one of the boards
7-breakdown of a bypass capacitor causing short on 5V line (rare, as they usually stay short).
8-.....
9-.....
10-....

not a clear cut reason... chase the fault!

#3427 32 days ago
Quoted from Adib:

Try a different outlet on a different circuit breaker. That's what worked for me and I have read others doing same. This game can be picky if to much draw on electrical curcuit.

#3428 32 days ago

Can we see pics of inter side Art? Like mirror blades. I can’t find any I like.

#3429 32 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I put a set of power blades on mine and love it.

#3430 32 days ago

I put a set of power blades on mine and love it.

Pic?

#3431 32 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have mirror blades in most of my games and pulled them from my TAF. For some reason, they just didn't work for me. Planetary has a set of art blades that definitely match the existing artwork and I'm considering them.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-20&Product_Code=PPS-TAF-SIDEBD-PD

PPS-TAF-SIDEBD-PDL (resized).jpg
#3432 32 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Would like to see a few options too

#3433 32 days ago

Do you guys like this one?

B6D08427-14CA-4BE7-B1FB-374EDBBE26FB (resized).png
#3434 32 days ago

I was just going to post a pic but with the thumbs down I think I will let you figure it out for yourself.

#3435 32 days ago

I was just going to post a pic but with the thumbs down I think I will let you figure it out for yourself.

Sorry it was meant to be thumbs up. Lol.

#3436 31 days ago

Hey all, trying to join the club and going to check out a few games - Aside from the usual stuff, Playfield wear, flipper strength, Board and wiring hacks, etc, what should I be on the lookout for Specific to TAF? Are there weak points or stuff that’s always broken I should keep an eye out for? Thanks!

#3437 31 days ago
Quoted from Bospins:

on the lookout for Specific to TAF?

Watch for magnet burn - discoloration in the center of the playfield caused by a magnet getting stuck on, heating up and burning the playfield.
Common wear spots are the mansion inserts, chair scoop, and orbit at the top where the ball lands when plunged.
Mechs to check are thing ball lock and bookcase rotation.

#3438 31 days ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hey all, trying to join the club and going to check out a few games - Aside from the usual stuff, Playfield wear, flipper strength, Board and wiring hacks, etc, what should I be on the lookout for Specific to TAF? Are there weak points or stuff that’s always broken I should keep an eye out for? Thanks!

Cracked ramp around the back where it turns the corner.

#3439 30 days ago

Chair scoop for sure but a cliffy does a greaat job covering it

#3440 30 days ago

jp1985 neal_w thanks guys.

I know how to easily trigger the thing lock, how do you trigger the bookcase rotation? Spelling greed?

#3441 30 days ago
Quoted from Bospins:

how do you trigger the bookcase rotation? Spelling greed?

Yes, there are 4 optos in front of the book case, and each time you hit one of those it adds a GREED letter. Good chance to test each of those.

#3442 29 days ago

Took the plunge and added in a mirrored backglass, switched up some brighter LED’s to adjust from the translight. Pretty happy with the setup!

30111181-7EDF-4C55-9EBA-00713DA1C5FC (resized).jpeg4C6F4193-B176-48D7-BD63-8795BED5CC06 (resized).jpeg5CC76EE8-0630-4482-97A8-C70D4F5BB051 (resized).jpeg
#3443 28 days ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Took the plunge

Looks great! I plan on getting the mirrored backglass for my Addams as well as Jack*Bot, as well as any any other pin I get that CPR makes. Really like the classy look of real glass and especially the mirror effect like the 70s 80s pins.

#3444 27 days ago

I’m in the club! Early Xmas present.

8D8C2B3A-4065-42A7-8EC6-FD3DC48EA08D (resized).jpeg
#3445 27 days ago
Quoted from Bospins:

I’m in the club!

Welcome! Hope Santa didn’t get a hernia bringing that game down the chimney!

Nice collection, love jungle queen and Pinbot!

#3446 26 days ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Took the plunge and added in a mirrored backglass, switched up some brighter LED’s to adjust from the translight. Pretty happy with the setup![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the mirrored back glass on my TAFG and REALLY like it... Totally worth the cost.

Jeff

#3447 26 days ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I have the mirrored back glass on my TAFG and REALLY like it... Totally worth the cost.
Jeff

Agreed! Definitely needs LEDs to brighten it up, though!

#3448 26 days ago

What trims did you use to fit the CPR glass? The ones that came with the OEM translite? WPC95 ones?

#3449 22 days ago

My wife and I just got a TAF machine, and it's been tons of fun.

The shooter feels a little...soggy, so we're thinking we'll replace the spring. Any suggestions on the spring tension? I'm very new to this.

#3450 22 days ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

My wife and I just got a TAF machine, and it's been tons of fun.
The shooter feels a little...soggy, so we're thinking we'll replace the spring. Any suggestions on the spring tension? I'm very new to this.

You'll want to download the manual and everything is displayed there.
http://www.progettosnaps.net/manuals/pdf/taf_l5.pdf

Page 60/124

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
There are 3499 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 70.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside