IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
20240323_132510 (resized).jpg
20240323_132525 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 132.
#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I had a hard time finding any apron decals for sale. Found one set in the USA.

https://www.free-play.se/produkter/kabinettdelar/kabinettdekaler/apron-dekaler/the-addams-family-apron-decal-set.html

It's not transparent but it also isn't completely "filled".

#3102 4 years ago

Hi Guys,

I'd really like to install an LED strip at the rear of the playfield to help with the very poor factory GI back there. On other games I have stuck LED strips above the playfield on the underside of the rear of the cabinet and then run the wires down over the back of the playfield to connect to the GI.

My problem is that TAF doesn't have the slide hinges and the backboard of the playfield is flush with the cabinet when in the normal position so I can't run the wires over the back the playfield.

Has anyone done this and how have you connected the LED strip to the GI?

I hope that all makes sense??

#3103 4 years ago

Woundering if the communiry can supply with some info out of the manual. Im looking for the 4 flipper coil numbers i need ro make sure i order the correct coils to replace the coils on my machine. I dont have a manual yet so these numbers will help me know what is suppose to be installed. Thanks

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Woundering if the communiry can supply with some info out of the manual. Im looking for the 4 flipper coil numbers i need ro make sure i order the correct coils to replace the coils on my machine. I dont have a manual yet so these numbers will help me know what is suppose to be installed. Thanks

https://www.ipdb.org/files/20/Bally_1992_The_Addams_Family_Manual.pdf

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

thing box decals:[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks Harig!

#3107 4 years ago

How is this plastic supposed to attach?

20190706_113924 (resized).jpg20190706_113924 (resized).jpg
#3108 4 years ago

It screws into the lower plastic. I see part of the lower hole. Try to line them up. I added the post.
20190706_130820 (resized).jpg20190706_130820 (resized).jpg20190706_130843 (resized).jpg20190706_130843 (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

Post now removed after getting wires higher.

#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

It screws into the lower plastic. I see part of the lower hole. Try to line them up. I added the post.

Yup, mine is the same without the post.

#3110 4 years ago

Has anyone installed small bearings under the Thing box lid to prevent the inherent scraping of the top of the hand? Seems like it would be a pretty simple task, just curious of the correct location to put them. I'm thinking like a nylon bushing on each side of the center plastic held together with a nylon screw and nut? I'm sure there is something in the RC world to fit the bill.

#3111 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Has anyone installed small bearings under the Thing box lid to prevent the inherent scraping of the top of the hand? Seems like it would be a pretty simple task, just curious of the correct location to put them. I'm thinking like a nylon bushing on each side of the center plastic held together with a nylon screw and nut? I'm sure there is something in the RC world to fit the bill.

Just add some thin adhesive backed felt to the underside of the cover.

#3112 4 years ago

Hi All,

Chasing a TAF playfiled wiring harness or possible populated playfield if anyone can help or point me in the right direction would be very much apprciated ?

Cheers Doug

#3113 4 years ago

My bookcase (the blue plastic part) gets loose after a number of plays. It seems like the rotating motion of the bookcase unscrews screw nr 38 (inside the bookcase plastic) from the shaft 34 beneath, as I get more and more "up an down slack" on the shaft that holds it all together. If I tighten screw nr 38 its all ok for a while until the problem gets back again.
Screw 38 have washers with "teeth". Could I have the wrong screw? Looked at Marcos but they didnt have the exact part number so not sure if mine is correct or not.

The lock nut 37 is firm and in position so shouldnt be an issue.

Any suggestions on how to permanently fix this issue? Its annoying to tighten the screw over and over.

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

My bookcase (the blue plastic part) gets loose after a number of plays. It seems like the rotating motion of the bookcase unscrews screw nr 38 (inside the bookcase plastic) from the shaft 34 beneath, as I get more and more "up an down slack" on the shaft that holds it all together. If I tighten screw nr 38 its all ok for a while until the problem gets back again.
Screw 38 have washers with "teeth". Could I have the wrong screw? Looked at Marcos but they didnt have the exact part number so not sure if mine is correct or not.
The lock nut 37 is firm and in position so shouldnt be an issue.
Any suggestions on how to permanently fix this issue? Its annoying to tighten the screw over and over.

Screws with toothy washers are called SEMS.

nuts with toothy washers are called KEPS.

#3115 4 years ago

You can use thread locking glue to stop screws getting loose.. .

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

You can use thread locking glue to stop screws getting loose.. .

I know that loctite and similar exist but never use it in fear of stuff getting hard to disassemble in the future. Perhaps I should make an exeption in this case thought.

The screw is inside the bookcase so in case it would get stuck really hard then the whole plastic assembly will be impossible to take apart without breaking it.

#3117 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I know that loctite and similar exist but never use it in fear of stuff getting hard to disassemble in the future. Perhaps I should make an exeption in this case thought.
The screw is inside the bookcase so in case it would get stuck really hard then the whole plastic assembly will be impossible to take apart without breaking it.

Use blue locktite. It comes apart really good, its for small parts.
Use purple locktite if you want even less hold power, like on 2-56 nut plates.

Never use the red its for permanent installation.

#3118 4 years ago

Has anyone encountered the problem that Thing drops the ball while lifting? Mine does this occasionally, looks like the magnet is too weak. Any ideas?

#3119 4 years ago

If it only drops it now and then it could be one of the wires leading to the coil that are broken inside due to cable movement when hand moves.

Any play in the hand assembly? Its not releasing the ball against the ball guide in front of the box?

#3120 4 years ago

No, ball drops before it reaches the front of the box, and it wobbles after pickup.

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Maybe my experience here over time will help.
My addams has at least 27,000 plays over the years. Im only responsible for about 5000 plays. Over time the swamp and cousin it targets take a beating. Ive replaced all at least once, and several a couple more. Left and right swamp hole, they have been replaced at least twice.

I replaced the standup target with a brand new one today and it no longer bends backward when hit.

The mounting metal plate in the old target had a large crack in the metal at one of the rivets and that was apparently enough to make it bend a lot.

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Has anyone encountered the problem that Thing drops the ball while lifting? Mine does this occasionally, looks like the magnet is too weak. Any ideas?

Mine did that. I had to realign Thing. Magnet was not centered on ball.

#3123 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine did that. I had to realign Thing. Magnet was not centered on ball.

Ah! That makes sense,I‘ll check.

#3124 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

I had that issue and needed to reseat the ribbon cables in the back box.

#3125 4 years ago

what would I do, I have 2 taf's, one with original decals (with still nice decals, just a piece of the backbox in the back right corner) and one with new decals, which one would I keep?

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from Staf:

what would I do, I have 2 taf's, one with original decals (with still nice decals, just a piece of the backbox in the back right corner) and one with new decals, which one would I keep?

I don't think there is any change in value for original silk screen art versus a restored cab with decals, so I would keep the nicer cab with the decals. Others may have different experience.

#3127 4 years ago

Who makes the aftermarket metal "thing" box - the one under the playfield...I've seen some on restorations that look way heavy duty compared to the flimsy original.

#3128 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Who makes the aftermarket metal "thing" box - the one under the playfield...I've seen some on restorations that look way heavy duty compared to the flimsy original.

Are you referring to this?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14703

#3129 4 years ago

yes that one...but hard to tell if its made any differently than the original...

#3130 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Other than magnet fuses.and Cliffys, is there any other bullet proofing a person should do ? I see this guy make mention of whacking a diode and no one responded. Any thoughts to that?

Screenshot_20190723-200158_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190723-200158_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3131 4 years ago

My TAF was redone before it got to me, but all of the factory decals/stickers in side the game are gone. Can anyone point me to a place that shows them or snap some pictures? Thanks.

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

My TAF was redone before it got to me, but all of the factory decals/stickers in side the game are gone. Can anyone point me to a place that shows them or snap some pictures? Thanks.

Google Addams family pinball restoration. Almost assuredly to find every picture you'll ever need.

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Just joined the club. Other than magnet fuses.and Cliffys, is there any other bullet proofing a person should do ? I see this guy make mention of whacking a diode and no one responded. Any thoughts to that?[quoted image]

Anyone else cut out this diode as suggested?

#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Pulled out the schematic for my TZ, I assume the board is the same, If you cut the diode d17, you would effectively shut down the left magnet all together if I'm reading this right, but the upper and right magnet use the same type circuit, just off a different header J-126. So I don't know how removing this would resolve any magnet/power transistor issue.
...ok Looked at it again, yes I see that the diode lets the coil bleed off after, but still not sure how this will save your power transistor any better than the other two magnets, but I am curious about this....

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

It's really dumb.

Just get the replacement, fused, magnet board and be done with it.

#3136 4 years ago

So what do you guys think of my thing box mod... I'd like to find a slightly lighter bearing...these are more like shower door type...a little overbuilt and subsequently adds more weight to the lid. Can't fully test it out yet as my playfield is out, but went by the wear marks to position the bearings.eyeballed it (like Forest Whittaker) ...

20190726_123145 (resized).jpg20190726_123145 (resized).jpg20190726_161835 (resized).jpg20190726_161835 (resized).jpg20190726_161840 (resized).jpg20190726_161840 (resized).jpg
#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It's really dumb.
Just get the replacement, fused, magnet board and be done with it.

That doesn’t solve the problem of the tip36c blowing. It only shuts off the magnet.

#3138 4 years ago

Im looking for a smoked ramp if anybody has one. Looking for like new or nos if possible

#3139 4 years ago

What is everyone doing about the blue pad on the bookcase that cushions the ball hits? I cant find them with the u.s. suppliers. I was not aware that is was suppose to be there so my bookcase has paid the price. Thanks

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

What is everyone doing about the blue pad on the bookcase that cushions the ball hits? I cant find them with the u.s. suppliers. I was not aware that is was suppose to be there so my bookcase has paid the price. Thanks

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/rubber-bumper-pads-3-3-x-1-23-used-on-taf/

#3141 4 years ago

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/rubber-bumper-pads-3-3-x-1-23-used-on-taf/

Thanks for the info. Talked with Marco yesterday and they said they will have the pads in stock in 2 weeks if anyone else is looking.

#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

speaking of which, the adhesive that comes with these seem inadequate at best, what are people using to glue these to whatever they're attached too? I used some 3m spray adhesive, seems to be holding for now...but if there is something better I'd like to know.

#3143 4 years ago

Where does the blue pad go? Any photos?

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

On the bookcase so when the ball hits it ,it is not striking the hard plastic.

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

speaking of which, the adhesive that comes with these seem inadequate at best, what are people using to glue these to whatever they're attached too? I used some 3m spray adhesive, seems to be holding for now...but if there is something better I'd like to know.

Contact cement.

#3146 4 years ago

My blue bookshelf pad doesnt use any adhesive at all, it has a snug fit vertically and is kept in place by the screws that hold the upper plastic to the bottom circle. There is a small plastic edge in front of it too that keep it from going forward.

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

tafpad (resized).PNGtafpad (resized).PNG
#3148 4 years ago

Thanks. I've got a decal on mine so will have to check that I've got that rubber too.

#3149 4 years ago

How hard is that rubber suppose to be? I was thinking about using a mouse pad to make one until i got one from marco.

#3150 4 years ago

Beware the ebay NOS translites...

Backstory: I've had bad luck with translites, original in my machine is scratched, I bought a crappy NextGen on ebay a couple of years ago but never installed and never returned it, was then looking to buy an NOS one on ebay that was 10 miles from my house but seller wouldn't allow an inspection so passed on that one, bought another NOS off ebay but by the time it got from CA to NJ it was beat up on the ends too bad to use.

So fast forward to a week or 2 ago, saw another NOS pop up on ebay. All the right description, seller confirmed it was NOS and screen printed. Looking back, the pics were a suspect but seller had perfect feedback so I went for it. Immediately knew it was NextGen when I got it, not a bad one, had clear registration but washed out when lit. Seller said it was in with other NOS translites so he assumed it was NOS too. Utimately returned it for a refund with no issue.

Not going to out the seller here or in PM. Just want to give a heads up to those also looking for an NOS translite. If it looks to good to be true...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
30,000 (OBO)
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/63?hl=barr993 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.