IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
20240323_132510 (resized).jpg
20240323_132525 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 132.
#3001 4 years ago

Been a part of the club for a decade but 1st time.posting about it. Put this beauty ar our comic shop location. That CPR Backglass is just gorgeous and makes it pop. If your in the Cincinnati area stop by Comics2games in Florence, KY and try it out.

40882 (resized).jpeg40882 (resized).jpeg
#3002 4 years ago

I'm working on trying to add the circular stone bookcase decal to the blue disk. I have the bookcase assembly pulled out of the game, but I can't figure out how to separate the blue disk from the arm and metal bracket underneath. Any tips?

#3003 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

I'm working on trying to add the circular stone bookcase decal to the blue disk. I have the bookcase assembly pulled out of the game, but I can't figure out how to separate the blue disk from the arm and metal bracket underneath. Any tips?

Do you mean the plastic arms? That has a pin that needs pushed through. I actually used a screw which was what someone installed in it that seemed to work better and easier to service. If you mean the shaft from the bookcase, it can be a real bugger. Few pics if you can share what part you're needing to pull.

IMG_2881 (resized).jpgIMG_2881 (resized).jpgIMG_2883 (resized).jpgIMG_2883 (resized).jpgIMG_2884 (resized).jpgIMG_2884 (resized).jpg
#3004 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

WOW, just added Pinstadium lights to my first pin, I can finally play Addams Family with the lights off like it was back in the old arcade days! What a difference, with such a lack of GI lights on Addams, the game is really dark in a dimly lit room. Now, I can see everything clearly and the light show from the UV flashers is awesome! The mirror blades just add to the light chaos! Great mod for sure. Not needed in some games, but this one for sure.
Firs picture I just added LED, Middle is with pin stadium, last is game assembled with mirror blades and NO pinstadium in daytime.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just my personal opinion, but the stock lighting looks great with the correct LEDs. I just finished my TAF restore and used the following Comet bulbs for the GI:

Twin 2835 SMD 6.3V AC/DC INTENSE BRIGHTNESS with FROSTED LENS - Frosted - #44/#47 Bayonet - Warm White

Your game looks really washed out with the Pinstadium lights. Glad you like it though since that is all that matters

8CB65AA2-DDF4-4948-87A9-CCA8ABDC3A59 (resized).jpeg8CB65AA2-DDF4-4948-87A9-CCA8ABDC3A59 (resized).jpeg

#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Do you mean the plastic arms? That has a pin that needs pushed through. I actually used a screw which was what someone installed in it that seemed to work better and easier to service. If you mean the shaft from the bookcase, it can be a real bugger. Few pics if you can share what part you're needing to pull.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you!! I am trying to get the bookcase off of that white plastic arm so I can access the underside of the bookcase disc like in your first photo. I'll see if I can locate that pin to try to get it. It looks like you installed a decal too, any tips? Thank you for the photos!

#3006 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

How much did that kit run?

$266 shipped I believe with discount code from Buffalo pinball.

#3007 4 years ago

Anyone have the Dual tone CPR backglass in their TAFG?

Would really like to see what it looks like before I buy one

#3008 4 years ago

Just added the mirror glass to one of my taf. Looks awesome

20190527_100254 (resized).jpg20190527_100254 (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#3009 4 years ago

Installed the cpr mirrored glass in one of the addams family. The other has a translite

20190527_100254 (resized).jpg20190527_100254 (resized).jpg
#3010 4 years ago

Comet Matrix spotlight rig...

20190522_211525 (resized).jpg20190522_211525 (resized).jpg
#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Installed the cpr mirrored glass in one of the addams family. The other has a translite[quoted image]

Thank you for sharing! How does it look when Cousin It is lit?

#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Just added the mirror glass to one of my taf. Looks awesome[quoted image][quoted image]

Does look good, although the top left looks super dark. The translite is dark too but you can discern the windows.

+1 on seeing what Cousin IT looks like illuminated.

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Just my personal opinion, but the stock lighting looks great with the correct LEDs. I just finished my TAF restore and used the following Comet bulbs for the GI:
Twin 2835 SMD 6.3V AC/DC INTENSE BRIGHTNESS with FROSTED LENS - Frosted - #44/#47 Bayonet - Warm White
Your game looks really washed out with the Pinstadium lights. Glad you like it though since that is all that matters
[quoted image]

Could not agree more, white leds absolutely ruin this game imo. Purchased a pre made led kit for mine with had all white leds for the gi and could not get rid of them quick enough

Installed frosted warm white twin smd intense brightness from Comet and could not be happier, the blue up the back of the machine has comet white leds

A6A74548-B657-444A-A2CA-D819E101AF48 (resized).jpegA6A74548-B657-444A-A2CA-D819E101AF48 (resized).jpeg
#3014 4 years ago

Different strokes for different folks, I personally prefer colder light, so that's what I went with...

CN2jf43LS6eYlcF15zXzjA_thumb_5bb (resized).jpgCN2jf43LS6eYlcF15zXzjA_thumb_5bb (resized).jpg

(Comet "Natural" white on the left, Comet "Sunlight" on the right)

Excuse the vertical video I'm using Comet 2 SMD frosted bulbs everywhere, except at the back where I used their Optix Maximus in Ice Blue.

You definitely don't need Pinstadium, and I'd argue - like the other guy did previously - that is just blows out all of the colours if you do. I don't play my pins in a pitch black room though, so *shrug*

#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I keep experimenting with the color changing options with the pinstadium lights. Nearly infinite color options. I wanted to be able to see the game completely with limited lights on in the room. Just never had it with just LEDs. It is to each his own, but yep, I’m happy. Best part is the UV flashers.

#3016 4 years ago

I’m owned TAF in the 90s. Nice machine. I paid 2K for it and yes I wish I held onto it.

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I’m owned TAF in the 90s. Nice machine. I paid 2K for it and yes I wish I held onto it.

Yep.
Got mine, shopped out for $1700 in the 90's.
But I still have it.
Love this game to much to ever sell it.

#3018 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I paid $600 for mine back in the late 90s and still have it.

#3019 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I paid $600 for mine back in the late 90s and still have it.

Nice.
I got a Funhouse for that same price.
Sold it though.
That is one I would get back if I could.

#3020 4 years ago

Any ideas where to get the yellow williams flippers including the thing flipper anymore. Marco is out and I don't see them any where else

#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Any ideas where to get the yellow williams flippers including the thing flipper anymore. Marco is out and I don't see them any where else

Pinball Life has them.

#3022 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

... including the thing flipper

Maybe put in a smaller silver one!

#3023 4 years ago

Dear honored guests,

I disassambled the whole playfield to do some airbrushing.
When removing assemblies from the underside i discovered 4 wood screws to be longer and thicker than the rest (#8 x 9/16" , part # should be 4608-01081-09). Those were used at the bookcase (3pcs) and 1 piece at the swamp.
After removing the whole remaining parts on the underside of the PF (switches, lamps, cables with brackets,..) I ended up with 8 more of those thicker and longer screws. Don´t recall where they came from as I used the electric drill to remove them.

Where do they go? (left side on picture)

thx!

20190524_172615 (resized).jpg20190524_172615 (resized).jpg
#3024 4 years ago

The left one looks like the ones for the hinges on the playfield.

#3025 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

The left one looks like the ones for the hinges on the playfield.

I think you are absolutely right!
Thanks a lot!

#3026 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Love this game to much to ever sell it.

That's how I see TAF also.
Picked up TAF and TZ in the same year 2007. TZ is gone and replaced with WOZ.

#3027 4 years ago

My TAF arrived last night and I'm working on putting together a clean LED set together with all Comet product.

Here is what I have for insert lighting so far, excluding *THING*.
Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 9.34.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-08 at 9.34.24 PM (resized).png

I was hoping someone has an accounting of quantity and types for the GI bulbs. I'm planning on using their 2SMD frosted line.

Thanks.

#3028 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

My TAF arrived last night and I'm working on putting together a clean LED set together with all Comet product.
Here is what I have for insert lighting so far, excluding *THING*.
[quoted image]
I was hoping someone has an accounting of quantity and types for the GI bulbs. I'm planning on using their 2SMD frosted line.
Thanks.

I'm having difficulties correlating 4 bulbs from the Lamp Locations on page 98(2-40) of the manual.
45 The Mamushka #44
58 Hit Cousin It #555
77 Thing Yellow #555
78 Thing Green #555

Are these on a plastic assembly that I keep overlooking?

Bally_1992_The_Addams_Family_Manual (dragged) 2.pdfBally_1992_The_Addams_Family_Manual (dragged) 2.pdf
#3029 4 years ago

45 and 58 are mansion insert lights that are on that diagram (bottom right)

77 and 78 are two lights above the Thing ramp which doesn't appear to be shown on that diagram for some reason. Often these manuals had mistakes or omissions.

77 and 78 are attracted to a single plastic piece above the playfield, screwed into the plastic ramp.

Regards GI count - TAF doesn't have much GI, I'd like to say you'd get away with 15 #44 bulbs and have a few spares. There are a few #555 ones to catch you out (above Thing flipper and between telephone plastic to name but two). If you're buying from Comet I would strongly recommend some even brighter GI bulbs for the back of the playfield, under the blue plastics (all #44, except the telephone one). I went with their Quasar ones and am very happy with the results. 2SMD is a good choice though all round.

#3030 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Don´t recall where they came from as I used the electric drill to remove them. Where do they go?[quoted image]

Several of my pins have had different sized screws holding <insert assembly x here> to the playfield. It seem the thinner screws are normally what should be there but when some screw holes have been enlarged they have been replaced with larger screws to keep fasten properly. Maybe this is the same for you.

#3031 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

45 and 58 are mansion insert lights that are on that diagram (bottom right)
77 and 78 are two lights above the Thing ramp which doesn't appear to be shown on that diagram for some reason. Often these manuals had mistakes or omissions.
77 and 78 are attracted to a single plastic piece above the playfield, screwed into the plastic ramp.

Damn.. 45 & 58 were right in front of my face. So comparing diagrams, 58/45 = 51/52 and 77/78 = 1/2.

Quoted from Durzel:

Regards GI count - TAF doesn't have much GI, I'd like to say you'd get away with 15 #44 bulbs and have a few spares. There are a few #555 ones to catch you out (above Thing flipper and between telephone plastic to name but two). If you're buying from Comet I would strongly recommend some even brighter GI bulbs for the back of the playfield, under the blue plastics (all #44, except the telephone one). I went with their Quasar ones and am very happy with the results. 2SMD is a good choice though all round.

Did you get any hot spots with the brighter bulbs in the back? That's the only thing I worried about right now.

#3032 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Several of my pins have had different sized screws holding &lt;insert assembly x here&gt; to the playfield. It seem the thinner screws are normally what should be there but when some screw holes have been enlarged they have been replaced with larger screws to keep fasten properly. Maybe this is the same for you.

Thanks for your reply.
I think dmacy was pretty right when pointing me to the hinges

#3033 4 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Brand spanking new, only out of shipping tube twice. Protective coating still on face. Highly detailed ridges and accents to white backing to ad to its effects. I believe its next...”
2019-09-14
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 363 times

$125 shipped!

#3034 4 years ago

I absolutely love my Addams family and have fun in almost every mod I can think of. Got a few more to go but what do you guys think. I love the led’s through the back glass

EB315FD7-36E3-4DB6-9CB3-CDA8D3D14CD7 (resized).jpegEB315FD7-36E3-4DB6-9CB3-CDA8D3D14CD7 (resized).jpeg
#3035 4 years ago

What is going on with that translite? ☹️

#3036 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

He needs my new one maybe.

#3037 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

3325jp (resized).jpg3325jp (resized).jpg
#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Thanks for your reply.
I think dmacy was pretty right when pointing me to the hinges

Thanks brother. As a friend says to me, “I wouldn’t shit you; you’re my favorite turd!”

I’ve just done a TAF and few other swaps/tear downs recently so will get some pics to compare when I can. Someone really should do a playfield swap screw breakdown for Sys11/WPC, etc. there’s a few different ones and it’s easy to get confused. I guess I’ve just volunteered myself.

#3039 4 years ago

Installed the ColorDMD LCD last night and did the THING lightboard mod today. It's wasn't bad at all.

fullsizeoutput_576e (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_576e (resized).jpeg
#3040 4 years ago

Installed the ColorDMD LCD last night and did the THING lightboard mod today. It's wasn't bad at all.[quoted image]

What is the Thing Light Board mod?

#3041 4 years ago

If you run the ColorDMD (LCD), the new display replaces the “THING” board. Even in the brightest setting, the display lights up these as segments but not bright enough (to many). You can mod the board as above to solder in LED’s and keep low profile so you can have the brighter THING lights using original board.

Love the idea and I keep saying will do this.

#3042 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

If you run the ColorDMD (LCD), the new display replaces the “THING” board. Even in the brightest setting, the display lights up these as segments but not bright enough (to many). You can mod the board as above to solder in LED’s and keep low profile so you can have the brighter THING lights using original board.
Love the idea and I keep saying will do this.

It was pretty easy. The hardest part was de-casing the LEDs and bending them into shape.

#3043 4 years ago

I've got a ColorDMD LCD in my TAF and it does not replace the Thing light board, nor does it try and simulate it in the software.

I had to fit it higher up than normal (per the instructions) which means when working on the machine the speaker panel has to be dropped in order to open the translite light panel (?), but that's it. The THING board in my TAF is unmolested.

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I've got a ColorDMD LCD in my TAF and it does not replace the Thing light board, nor does it try and simulate it in the software.
I had to fit it higher up than normal (per the instructions) which means when working on the machine the speaker panel has to be dropped in order to open the translite light panel (?), but that's it. The THING board in my TAF is unmolested.

I did that at first and while it barely fit, You could see the shadow of frame of the display when the game is on so I went the mod route.

#3045 4 years ago

I did that at first and while it barely fit, You could see the shadow of frame of the display when the game is on so I went the mod route.

I bought some sort of thing board couple years back. Well, its so dim and barely visible anymore its time to modify original board as seen above.

#3046 4 years ago

For anyone who doesn't want to solder onto your THING board, look at post #2498. You can easily make a completely new thing board with a small piece of plastic, LEDs, resistors and wire.

#3047 4 years ago

Yeah that is a bit of an issue granted. So does the modified THING board sit in front of the LCD?

#3048 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

So does the modified THING board sit in front of the LCD?

Yes, so it is important that you don't leave anything sticking up higher than necessary, and put a good piece of tape over the modifications so they don't leave dents in the LCD screen.

#3049 4 years ago

Help needed please, My TAF wont boot up anymore. When I turn it on LED 19 and 21 light but it stops at that and nothing lights on the playfield. Sometimes LED 20 will flash one time like there is a rom problem but not all the time. I swapped ribbon cables with no luck and I even tried another set of roms that I believe are good with no luck. The game worked great last time it was turned off. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

#3050 4 years ago
Quoted from Karpy1717:

I absolutely love my Addams family and have fun in almost every mod I can think of. Got a few more to go but what do you guys think. I love the led’s through the back glass[quoted image]

That looks horrible

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
30,000 (OBO)
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/61?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.