thing (resized).png
morticia (resized).jpg
lurch (resized).jpg
library (resized).jpg
gomez (resized).jpg
cousin itt (resized).jpg
fester (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 132.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Just put invisiglass in TAF today.
(Click image to enlarge)

You gotta put invisiglass on your games. To me its a must have ungrade, like putting in better speakers. I just don't like how touchy it could be. You need to clean the glass properly or else it gets all messed. And you don't want anybody pressing their penis on that glass or else you might end up with a permanent dick insignia. People might think there was a ghost cock floating over your game, LOL.

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Posting a picture of my precious, just in order to joining the club!!!!!
20150120_182820.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Where you get the rose shooter from?

#253 8 years ago

I wish when you put credits on TAF or when you launched the ball there was the sound of Lurch saying "You rang". More of a throwback to the TV show since I don't remember him saying it in the movie. Would have made it much cooler.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

yep, it can be rough. Best option is to not plunge hard, so it stays out of the pops to start.

Yeah - never plunge into the pop bumpers. Go for the skill shot (the thing saucer), or to be even safer do a really short plunge and have it drop into the swamp.

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Swamp Accelerators are back in Stock at Leesparts.com!
http://www.leesparts.com/products/addams-swamp-accelerator.html
swamp-accelerator.jpg

That piece is a must have!

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from P1n84LLW1z4rd:

Where you get the rose shooter from?

It's a shift knob turned into shooter rod... you can find the rose shifter at ebay....

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

It's a shift knob turned into shooter rod... you can find the rose shifter at ebay....

ebay.com link: Red Rose Shaped Universal Car Gear Stick Shift Knob 75mm Length

#258 8 years ago

I managed to lay a second coat of clear on my replacement pf today. Wow does this look awesome. I followed Vid's guide and am very pleased with the results. Now I have to wait for it to fully cure...

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I recently added an AF to the collection and I have a question. I hardly ever see shoot again light up. My Dr. Who gives a solid flipper hit or 2 before let's it drain without a second chance. Is there a setting I can change or is this game that unforgiving?

To shot again you have to get Extra Ball lit and then make the skill shot.

#260 8 years ago

Any Addams owners ever see this? In certain animations I'm getting extra pixels on the display. It's not the ribbon cable and not the display. Most animations are fine, it's just a few. Any ideas?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

You gotta put invisiglass on your games. To me its a must have ungrade, like putting in better speakers. I just don't like how touchy it could be. You need to clean the glass properly or else it gets all messed. And you don't want anybody pressing their penis on that glass or else you might end up with a permanent dick insignia. People might think there was a ghost cock floating over your game, LOL.

that's what the lockdown bar is for

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Any Addams owners ever see this? In certain animations I'm getting extra pixels on the display. It's not the ribbon cable and not the display. Most animations are fine, it's just a few. Any ideas?

Well if your sure it's not the ribbon cables because you have all new ones, then my next guess would be the RAM chip at U24 (Although I would of thought it needed new cables). Hopefully others will chime in so you can get a consensus.
Personally I would pull the DMD board and check all the components, possible there's a bad IC in there. It's nice to have a board to test against (I have CFTBL and TAF, they use alot of the same boards).

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

ebay.com link » Red Rose Shaped Universal Car Gear Stick Shift Knob 75mm Length

Why bother making your own when Brock (aka pinball_customs) makes a custom painted rose shooter rod in red, black and clear.

257562-i.jpg257562-i.jpg

257554-i.jpg257554-i.jpg

282871-i.jpg282871-i.jpg

You can see more pics of it here or send him a PM for pricing and availability:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-gnr-rose-shooter-repros

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Why bother making your own when Brock (aka pinball_customs) makes a custom painted rose shooter rod in red, black and clear.
257562-i.jpg
257554-i.jpg
282871-i.jpg
You can see more pics of it here or send him a PM for pricing and availability:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-gnr-rose-shooter-repros

These are nice too!

20150120_182835.jpg20150120_182835.jpg
#266 8 years ago

Going to start the tear down of my nos populated TAF playfield this weekend.
Off for CC,new cabinet as well. Donor game cab is pretty beat up.
Powder coating all the trim as well.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Well if your sure it's not the ribbon cables because you have all new ones, then my next guess would be the RAM chip at U24 (Although I would of thought it needed new cables). Hopefully others will chime in so you can get a consensus.
Personally I would pull the DMD board and check all the components, possible there's a bad IC in there. It's nice to have a board to test against (I have CFTBL and TAF, they use alot of the same boards).

I swapped the DMD board with the one in my DW and the problem went away so there's definitely a problem somewhere on the board. (The issue appears when I put the TAF board in DW as well).

Off for repair!

While I'm in troubleshooting mode, any suggestions for a weak kickout on the chair scoop? It can get so bad that sometimes when I hit two balls in it during multiball it won't kick them all the way out.

#268 8 years ago

I swapped the DMD board with the one in my DW and the problem went away so there's definitely a problem somewhere on the board. (The issue appears when I put the TAF board in DW as well).
Off for repair!
While I'm in troubleshooting mode, any suggestions for a weak kickout on the chair scoop? It can get so bad that sometimes when I hit two balls in it during multiball it won't kick them all the way out.

I had this same problem with my CftBL and resolved it by just adjusting the kickout coil underneath the playfield. ... sometimes it just gets out of alignment and it does not hit the ball right in the middle!

#269 8 years ago

Just watched Adams family on t.v made me want to play the game so bad. Went to the papa website right after watching it to see the videos of Bowen killing it. Seen them before but still a good watch

#270 8 years ago

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I had this same problem with my CftBL and resolved it by just adjusting the kickout coil underneath the playfield. ... sometimes it just gets out of alignment and it does not hit the ball right in the middle!

Like amendes said, try adjusting first. If that doesn't work, check the transistors that control it. Q64 Outhole or Q70 Lockup Kickout on the driver board (according to the operations manual), not sure which is the swamp kickout. If they're OK, then a new coil is needed.

#271 8 years ago

Had my TAF for a little over a year and now time to do some mods on it. Great club to see others work already done.

#272 8 years ago

I received my red rose shooter rod from Brock at pinball customs.

IMG-20150411-WA0011.jpgIMG-20150411-WA0011.jpg IMG_20150411_180547.jpgIMG_20150411_180547.jpg
#273 8 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I received my red rose shooter rod from Brock at pinball customs.

IMG-20150411-WA0011.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_20150411_180547.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Beautiful - I wish he could make a purple one!

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Quoted from vilant:

Like amendes said, try adjusting first. If that doesn't work, check the transistors that control it. Q64 Outhole or Q70 Lockup Kickout on the driver board (according to the operations manual), not sure which is the swamp kickout. If they're OK, then a new coil is needed.

I adjusted it and it helped but it's still not super strong. I manually moved the plunger and there was some hesitation so I'm going to try a new coil sleeve.

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Beautiful - I wish he could make a purple one!

I was thinking that too after I installed it on the weekend. I'm 100% sure he can make you a purple one as he custom makes his shooter rods to order from scratch. He showed me a batch of custom green sparky shooter rods he was working on recently and they looked awesome.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 8 years ago

I can make them any colour you like... transparent and opaque.

#277 8 years ago

I'm in!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#278 8 years ago

Couple quick questions...

Tour the Mansion - Is there any benefit to playing the mansion awards as best as possible? In other words, do they affect how Tour the Mansion is scored when you get there?

The Power - If you own the game, is there an option to keep the power running instead of trapping the ball and letting it shut off temporarily?

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Tour the Mansion - Is there any benefit to playing the mansion awards as best as possible? In other words, do they affect how Tour the Mansion is scored when you get there?

No. Tour the Mansion is the same regardless of how well you played the modes in getting there.

Quoted from Mahoyvan:

The Power - If you own the game, is there an option to keep the power running instead of trapping the ball and letting it shut off temporarily?

Not that I'm aware of. My snarky answer is: just don't trap the ball long enough to time out the magnets.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Just the obvious scoring that can be obtained, such 30 million each for tunnel hunt and seance, quick multilball, etc. Not to mention the fun and challenge of completing them.

#281 8 years ago

let me in! i'm in!

DSC01436.JPGDSC01436.JPGDSC01440.JPGDSC01440.JPGDSC01445.JPGDSC01445.JPG

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Couple quick questions...

Well, yes and no. Lets say you get all the modes (or a lot of them) on one ball WITH tour the mansion, and you get back to cousin it, or mamushka during TTM mode, you can get a pretty serious bonus at balls end.
In a tournament, I pretty much stack the crap out of the modes to try and get the 50 milion payoff from TTM, with nice bonuses. At home, I stack the modes, but also play the modes. Playing some of the modes are very risky but can payoff very well.

#283 8 years ago

Anyone have suggestions for LED kits? I'm willing to go big. I'm more interested in making the whole thing brighter (like, spotlights, etc...it's in a dark bar) than I am making it blue/purple/dark-and-moody (like many kits).

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Anyone have suggestions for LED kits? I'm willing to go big. I'm more interested in making the whole thing brighter (like, spotlights, etc...it's in a dark bar) than I am making it blue/purple/dark-and-moody (like many kits).

Pinball bulbs kit is great.has more purple but it brightens the game perfectly for a dark bar setting. If you did more whites I think it would actually come out too bright.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Check out my "Tour the Mansion" package (before and after pics at http://www.leesparts.com). It will help bring your Addams to life. Thank you!

Here's a picture of mine in a dark room
TAF4.jpgTAF4.jpg

#286 8 years ago

I have the Tour the Mansion Kit on mine from leesparts and love it!! It really adds a ton of great lighting to all the right places for me.

I also went with the Cointake Premimum non-ghosting kit for Addams family and have really liked that as well:
http://cointaker.com/t/addams-family

Phil

#287 8 years ago

interesting Terminator arcade game...

taf-arcade-bottom-1.jpgtaf-arcade-bottom-1.jpg

#288 8 years ago

At the very least, Lee's Swamp Accelerator is a must-have TAF upgrade. Also the magnet fuse kit, from Lee or elsewhere.

RussM

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from philwojo:

I have the Tour the Mansion Kit on mine from leesparts and love it!! It really adds a ton of great lighting to all the right places for me.

Quoted from RussMyers:

At the very least, Lee's Swamp Accelerator is a must-have TAF upgrade. Also the magnet fuse kit, from Lee or elsewhere.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your support!

#290 8 years ago

I've checked out the swamp accelerator - what does it do exactly?

#291 8 years ago

It keeps the ball from hanging up in the swap. There can be a "dead" area in the swamp and the ball can get stuck there or move slowly through that area. This just sticks in place and prevents that from happening.

Phil

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from philwojo:

It keeps the ball from hanging up in the swap. There can be a "dead" area in the swamp and the ball can get stuck there or move slowly through that area. This just sticks in place and prevents that from happening.
Phil

It's definitely a must have!

2 weeks later
#294 8 years ago

Still pretty much just a $2 pencil sharpener with some strangely placed LED's. Makes it look like some kind of a weird TARDIS. And don't even get me started on all the spelling and grammatical errors in the description!

What'll impress me is if the safe's door were to open when the bookcase opens. Then there's something to talk about!

#295 8 years ago

I agree sounds like a cool mod....... If the door opened with the bookcase

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Still pretty much just a $2 pencil sharpener with some strangely placed LED's. Makes it look like some kind of a weird TARDIS. And don't even get me started on all the spelling and grammatical errors in the description!
What'll impress me is if the safe's door were to open when the bookcase opens. Then there's something to talk about!

Agree....That looks horrible and blocks the skill shot..

#298 8 years ago

swamp accelerator

Made my own out of wood, works perfect

IMG_7412.JPGIMG_7412.JPG
#299 8 years ago
IMG_7411.JPGIMG_7411.JPG
#300 8 years ago

Count me in... I bought this game about a year ago. It was my absolute favorite pin back in the 90's and it still kicks ass.

TAF.jpgTAF.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
26,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.