IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 132.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Anybody getting the CPR mirrored backglass for Addams, 3 versions available.?

Had no idea that there was one.

#2752 5 years ago

Anybody getting the CPR mirrored backglass for Addams, 3 versions available.?

Just went and looked at their site.
Awesome idea.
Hopefully they will bring some of these to TPF so we can see them in person.

#2753 5 years ago

Yes, we are both referring to the 4 piece plastic trim.

If its actual glass and not a translite, you dont need plastic trim. Only need a lift channel.

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If its actual glass and not a translite, you dont need plastic trim. Only need a lift channel.

Its Glass.

https://classicplayfields.com/product-category/pinball-backglasses/

The Black and White is interesting.

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Good to know. Shame that info isn't on their website really, as not everyone will realise that it's not a complete ready-to-fit item they're buying.

#2756 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Good to know. Shame that info isn't on their website really, as not everyone will realise that it's not a complete ready-to-fit item they're buying.

None of the backglass need plastic trim. It doesnt need to be held together.

Trim pieces were developed to clamp the thin translites to the plastic sheets, so they could be installed as a unit and not flop all over while installing.

Backglass is one piece. All it needs is a lift channel to get it out.

#2757 5 years ago

Didn’t realize this was a thing! SWEET!!! Just ordered mine!

#2758 5 years ago

Solution to Addams Family Thing kickout issue, "Missing Pinball" Error

Be on the lookout for misalignment between the Thing catch pan and the intake for the Thing solenoid on the right side of the playfield. The catch pan is held at the bottom by fitting into a slot on the pan fitting into a slot that is formed between a small piece of steel screwed to the underside of the payfield, while the top is held in place with two screws that screw into the back of the playfield. The catch pan has a square cut out that allows the ball to travel by gravity to a channel with a square cut out. The ball feeds by gravity down the pan to the channel. Once in the channel, a solenoid will "kick" out the ball to be captured into the Swamp.

As the pan is only held by two screws, there can be some weight on these screws from the metal pan. They must be very tight for the alignment to be "dead on" between the square cut out of the pan leading to the square cut out of the channel. I would suggest that anyone who is having problems after Thing picks up a ball look at the alignment of these two parts to ensure that gravity feed is possible. When things are misaligned, the ball will stay in the Thing pan and not transfer. Other possibilities include material within the channel right after the solenoid kick out. My issue was two fold....misalignment and a rubber sleeve that was located near the bookcase became dislodged and entered the channel some how. The rubber was black and hard to see. Every time the ball tried to shoot out, the ball would hit the foreign material and bounce back.

This resulted in an error that read "Missing Pinball". Pinballs would accumulate in the channel, never to be seen again.

#2759 5 years ago

Great writeup, very useful for anyone who ends up in the same predicament.

#2760 5 years ago

Can anyone verify this gate plunger and spring are hooked up right? My ball diverter gate developed some play in it. When the ball would hit it, it would move down some. I noticed there was a spring that was hanging in the end of the coil plunger but not attached to the diverter. I am pretty sure this is right but wanted to make sure

20190220_204457.jpg20190220_204457.jpg
#2761 5 years ago

That looks correct to me.

#2762 5 years ago

Mine moves very slightly when a ball collides with it, but not enough to cause any issues. It's a pretty thin piece of metal being hit by and redirecting a ball travelling at speed so I would presume it would not stay absolutely rigid.

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Can anyone verify this gate plunger and spring are hooked up right? My ball diverter gate developed some play in it. When the ball would hit it, it would move down some. I noticed there was a spring that was hanging in the end of the coil plunger but not attached to the diverter. I am pretty sure this is right but wanted to make sure
[quoted image]

That is where it goes but the end of your spring that attaches to the diverter appears bent. There also appears to be a large enough gap that it'll fall off again.

Here's what a new one should look like.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-13278

#2764 5 years ago

Cleaned my subway ramp and put everything back together, turn it on and I’m getting an opto 85 and a thing limit optos message on the test report, I swear I did nothing else, any ideas? Thanks.

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Cleaned my subway ramp and put everything back together, turn it on and I’m getting an opto 85 and a thing limit optos message on the test report, I swear I did nothing else, any ideas? Thanks.

What does Thing test do? Does it rise up and go back down again, triggering up/down optos accordingly?

What does Switch Edges show when the machine is on attract mode?

Check the wires/connector going to the 2-Opto box next to the Thing motor. You might find one is not properly in there.

#2766 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What does Thing test do? Does it rise up and go back down again, triggering up/down optos accordingly?
What does Switch Edges show when the machine is on attract mode?
Check the wires/connector going to the 2-Opto box next to the Thing motor. You might find one is not properly in there.

Thing test goes up and down. and replugged the connector to the 2-opto box. I’ll do a more thorough check to see if one of the wires/pin is loose in the connector. Thank you.

#2767 5 years ago

I should say that I haven't personally experienced this problem so I'm just basing this on what information I was able to find by searching for others reporting similar problems.

#2768 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get scans of the target decals and vault/bookshelf floor decal?

#2769 5 years ago

Need some direction on a Thing problem:

When our 3 machines are powered on at the same time, Thing will stop and drop the ball shortly after picking it up. All are plugged into the same outlet. Thing is fine when the other 2 machines are off. I'm assuming it is an issue with marginal power that is pulled down by the other 2 machines being on.

Should I be looking at Thing power or overall power first?

#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

Should I be looking at Thing power or overall power first?

Overall power is easy enough to check. You should have 120vac at the wall. Try with them all on and all off and see what you measure.

#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Does anyone know where I can get scans of the target decals and vault/bookshelf floor decal?

you can get the bookcase decal there: (free registration needed)
https://pbgallery.heeb.de/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=24&page=2
IIRC shrinking it to 55% gives you the correct size...colors were spot on for my PF....

also backboard decals available...no target decals tough...

#2772 5 years ago

What does advance x do and how do you get it? There is nothing in the manual that explains this. I am assuming you have to make a shot through the pop bumbers and around the back to the back of the bookcase

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

What does advance x do and how do you get it? There is nothing in the manual that explains this. I am assuming you have to make a shot through the pop bumbers and around the back to the back of the bookcase

It is lit by the ball dropping through the right return lane, then you have to make the left loop, in between all the jet bumpers, within a few seconds. It is a bonus multiplier, but I think only on bear kicks etc, not on mamushka or hit cousin it points.

#2774 5 years ago

Ok, I have a game play / rules question. Any time I manage to get THING lit, and then get the ball to thing, he picks it up, I get my 5M points, and then Gomez says "no no no" and thing puts the ball back. Is the "no no no" just a quote from the movie? And should it always put the ball back? Or have I done something wrong like not manage to light up both star lights (which seems very hard to do)?

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Ok, I have a game play / rules question. Any time I manage to get THING lit, and then get the ball to thing, he picks it up, I get my 5M points, and then Gomez says "no no no" and thing puts the ball back. Is the "no no no" just a quote from the movie? And should it always put the ball back? Or have I done something wrong like not manage to light up both star lights (which seems very hard to do)?

Mine does that all the time. I think it is normal for Thing. Raul Julia did voice over for this pin.

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I always get the No No No when the yellow light over the center "thing" ramp is lit. It is fun listening to my daughter actually say it as soon as she makes the shot.

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

It is a quote from the movie but I can't remember exactly where. Maybe when someone is telling him fester is not his real brother. But I can't remember even though I just watched the movie a few months ago.

Mine does the same thing. He is scolding thing for picking the ball up when he is not supposed to in the game. Kinda neat feature.

#2778 5 years ago

help . have to make an insert board for my TAF . is there a wiring diagram just for the insert board , or could someone take photos of back side of insert board showing wire colours and going where . have made one for my STTNG ,all the info was from manual .my TAF manual has different format. thanks in advance

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Ok, I have a game play / rules question. Any time I manage to get THING lit, and then get the ball to thing, he picks it up, I get my 5M points, and then Gomez says "no no no" and thing puts the ball back. Is the "no no no" just a quote from the movie? And should it always put the ball back?

If you have multiball ready by spelling "GREED" or staring quick MB, the green lamp over the Thing ramp lights, and Thing will lock the ball.

Another note - If you watch the letters under the DMD that spell THING, you will notice that when Thing picks up the ball, they will cycle if Thing is not keeping it and will stay solid when Thing is going to keep it.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I imported a mint TAF to the UK, it is all working fine except for a couple of hopefully minor issues...
1. Occasionally when I make a swamp shot I get more than one callout, e.g. "10 million!", "It's Cousin It!", "Mamushka!" one after the other, as if I'd scored them separately, and then it kicks the ball out. It seems to only be the swamp that triggers it, and it doesn't happen every time.
2. Sometimes while the ball is in play, nowhere near the chair or the swamp, I'll get a callout as if I'd scored one of them. This seems to happen rarely, maybe once every 3 games or so?
I'm running the Gold ROMs if that matters.

Just visiting this thread for the first time in a while. I don't know if you ever resolved this. This may be normal. Keep in mind you can also trigger mansion modes with bear ramp shots (15, 25, etc.).

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Just visiting this thread for the first time in a while. I don't know if you ever resolved this. This may be normal. Keep in mind you can also trigger mansion modes with bear ramp shots (15, 25, etc.).

Swamp will start mansion rooms, same as the chair.

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Swamp will start mansion rooms, same as the chair.

Right. What I'm saying is, if you hit the swamp or chair immediately after spotting the mansion via Bear Kicks, you will get two mansion awards back to back.

The OP also mentioned getting mansion modes without hitting the chair or swamp, which can happen with Bear Kicks.

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

if you hit the swamp or chair immediately after spotting the mansion via Bear Kicks, you will get two mansion awards back to back

Makes sense, the ramp lights the mode start and swamp/chair start a mode, so you should get 2.

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I sortof did. In my naivety I thought maybe a ball was triggering the scoop (chair or swamp) switch multiple times, leading to multiple awards. As in I thought maybe it was a fault of some kind.

Then I realised that didn't make sense as you have to hit the ramp to re-light either of those again anyway.

Ultimately realised that it was the Gold ROMs that had added that semi random mansion room multiples - http://pinball.org/rules/addamsfamilygold.html

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I sortof did. In my naivety I thought maybe a ball was triggering the scoop (chair or swamp) switch multiple times, leading to multiple awards. As in I thought maybe it was a fault of some kind.
Then I realised that didn't make sense as you have to hit the ramp to re-light either of those again anyway.
Ultimately realised that it was the Gold ROMs that had added that semi random mansion room multiples - http://pinball.org/rules/addamsfamilygold.html

Ah, good to know. I've spent very little time with the gold ROMs!

#2786 5 years ago

I'm trying to wire up a power adapter to my TAF to power some mods, the instructions I've been given show a pin layout that doesn't match mine..

The instructions have this on:
C112DE08-048D-430A-8207-57B70C832315 (resized).jpegC112DE08-048D-430A-8207-57B70C832315 (resized).jpeg

But my female transformer plug looks like this:
9C20BF65-76D9-4DF8-9CDD-66E220AE3E67 (resized).jpeg9C20BF65-76D9-4DF8-9CDD-66E220AE3E67 (resized).jpeg

According to this - http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Primary_Voltage_Selection_Jumpers_at_the_Transformer - the white wire (in pin 4 on mine) should be in pin 7, and the orange loop (in pin 6 on mine) should be in pin 9.

The machine works without any issues so I can only presume I'm missing something obvious, or the male plug is wired wrong?

Is my configuration legit? (I'm guessing it is nothing like you US guys have)

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I'm trying to wire up a power adapter to my TAF to power some mods, the instructions I've been given show a pin layout that doesn't match mine..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
According to this - http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Primary_Voltage_Selection_Jumpers_at_the_Transformer - the white wire (in pin 4 on mine) should be in pin 7, and the orange loop (in pin 6 on mine) should be in pin 9.
The machine works without any issues so I can only presume I'm missing something obvious, or the male plug is wired wrong?

Its always better to plug an external supply into the service outlet for mods.

The game will be more stable.
Just sayin' ...

#2788 5 years ago

I'm not sure I have a service outlet?

This is a Euro spec machine, operating in the UK. Also isn't the service outlet always powered? I don't want mods to be on white the machine is off.

#2789 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I'm not sure I have a service outlet?
This is a Euro spec machine, operating in the UK. Also isn't the service outlet always powered? I don't want mods to be on white the machine is off.

Yes sir, it is always on.

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Contact the MOD developer.
The graphic image of the plug is for US model (120v) pinout, you have a different voltage selector there. That plug/socket is used to set incoming game voltage. Therefore, check with the maker of the mod and find out where the correct pins would be for your voltage plug.

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Contact the MOD developer.
The graphic image of the plug is for US model (120v) pinout, you have a different voltage selector there. That plug/socket is used to set incoming game voltage. Therefore, check with the maker of the mod and find out where the correct pins would be for your voltage plug.

Hi,

Could you please look at my other thread specifically about this issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-transformer-wiring-anomaly

Not entirely sure what you mean. The maker of the mod is UK based, the instructions assume a UK voltage selected etc.

#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Hi,
Could you please look at my other thread specifically about this issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-transformer-wiring-anomaly
Not entirely sure what you mean. The maker of the mod is UK based, the instructions assume a UK voltage selected etc.

Your game looks to be wired for 210v (205, 207, 215, in that variant.)

I say contact the MOD maker, because if you connect your wires up with your plug like that, you could fry it, or end up giving it low voltage.
You can rewire your plug for 230, too. Won't hurt anything. (May notice game runs softer - weaker coils, dimmer bulbs - but it'd be a small difference.)

#2793 5 years ago

One good thing about TAF is that I never overcook my dinner because I'm in the middle of a good game that goes on forever. A great game lasts 3 minutes. :p

I figure this thing is going to force me to be a better player since EVERYTHING directs the ball STDM. Don't quite get the ball into the vault? It runs back off the side of the bookcase and SDTM. Right loop and forget to nudge? Then right through the middle of the jets it goes and SDTM. Not quite enough power to make the middle ramp, back down and SDTM it goes. Hit the chair but not perfectly centered, slingshots the ball back to SDTM. The design is cruel!

#2794 5 years ago

Restoring my AF and wanted to play around with hydro dipping too much?

20190215_173413 (resized).jpg20190215_173413 (resized).jpg20190302_105705 (resized).jpg20190302_105705 (resized).jpg20190302_120225 (resized).jpg20190302_120225 (resized).jpg20190302_120237 (resized).jpg20190302_120237 (resized).jpg
#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

One good thing about TAF is that I never overcook my dinner because I'm in the middle of a good game that goes on forever. A great game lasts 3 minutes. :p
I figure this thing is going to force me to be a better player since EVERYTHING directs the ball STDM. Don't quite get the ball into the vault? It runs back off the side of the bookcase and SDTM. Right loop and forget to nudge? Then right through the middle of the jets it goes and SDTM. Not quite enough power to make the middle ramp, back down and SDTM it goes. Hit the chair but not perfectly centered, slingshots the ball back to SDTM. The design is cruel!

This is how I feel about my AC/DC Premium, except it's outlanes. Never get more than a few minutes per game. My TAF isn't too bad on STDM. Don't know why. Can get LONG games on it from time to time.

#2796 5 years ago

Hi guys could anybody tell me the wire gauge for the switch wires that plug onto j208? I think its 22 but just wanting to be sure before ordering the plug. Also the plug spacing.
Any help is appreciated.

#2797 5 years ago

Looking for a beat Addams for a project. Only care that the machine works at least 85%. Don’t care about plastics or PF wear or cab condition. Thanks!

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Hi guys could anybody tell me the wire gauge for the switch wires that plug onto j208? I think its 22 but just wanting to be sure before ordering the plug. Also the plug spacing.
Any help is appreciated.

Its considered 18-22 gauge actually.
Not sure what you mean about spacing.

#2799 5 years ago

I was having great games and burning dinner all the time on my addams, then I changed the playfield pitch to 6.5 degrees. Now I am lucky if I get 50 million in a good game. My high game before was 359,000,000. Kinda want to change the pitch back lol but at least I am not burning my meals when I go, I have time for a quick game while dinner cooks.

#2800 5 years ago

Just3DMods reproduced Thing Box remolded after an original. I have this first reproduced thing box for sale at a reduced cost to someone who might want to have it and help make sure it fits in a TAF. Should work fine so selling it for 50 plus 8 to ship and if it doesn't will redo and resend another. If this works out we will sell more at 75 plus 8 to ship. Anyone interested in this remade box then PM me and I have just this one at this time.

IMG_0142 (resized).JPGIMG_0142 (resized).JPGIMG_0143 (resized).JPGIMG_0143 (resized).JPGIMG_0144 (resized).JPGIMG_0144 (resized).JPGIMG_0145 (resized).JPGIMG_0145 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
$ 1,059.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/56?hl=trumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.