Just wanted to share an update on my first pin. I bought it about 4 months ago. It was a heavily routed machine and was playable but buggy when I received it but now it’s really beginning to shine. I learned all my shopping skills from here and YouTube and I’m complete newbie. Here’s what I did over the past two weeks.
-Disassembled most of the topside, removed random Mylar, waxed and cleaned. Was filthy!
-installed magnet burn protectors (had to cut and repin the Molex because the joints were melted together). Bad burn!
-wet installed magnet burn decal (a few months back - see previous post
- replaced all rubbers
- fixed all broken bulb sockets (mostly replacing broken diodes)
- added LEDs to all inserts and pop bumpers. Comet pinball. Color matched for most part.
- added LED OCD board. Hated the flickering of TAF pins I’ve seen in past.
- added comet led flipper buttons
-added bookcase mod from lees parts
- added swamp mod (just used comet cheap LED strips)
- added 2 comet blue LEDs to back of play field
- added comet led strip to trough (ok I went crazy on The led strips but they are so cheap!)
Wow. What a trip. So much fun to learn all these new skills. I had neve even used a soldering iron before a few weeks ago. It was a little nerve racking taking everything apart but pictures helped.
Thanks to advice of so many here. Was particularly fun trying to get the lighting scheme right. Experimented with a lot of bulbs. I’m glad I resisted temptation of just doing a kit.
I don’t think I’m done. Next up I think is updating the GI to LED and adding GI OCD board. I may change the trough strip to purple and add some spotlights. Well see. I’m pretty happy for now.
To bad my game is so damn fast now I need to relearn how to play.
Thanks again to this community. Here’s a pic.77BF208E-D679-4E67-9021-04B2E5912E9D (resized).jpeg