IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 132.
#2251 5 years ago

My TAF plays no sound in attract mode. All sound works during game play. After game over the tune continues to play for a couple minutes then then fades away. Is there a setting to change this?

#2252 5 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

My TAF plays no sound in attract mode.

Yes, when on it will play the first few jingles of the standard Addams Family theme every once in a while. Nothing special. Setting is in Adjustments.

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the pivot points for lifting the playfield? Mine scrapes on the left side of the cabinet when you pivot it up or down, and I would like to fix that before i put side art on.

Are the pivot posts tight or perhaps drooping?

#2254 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Are the pivot posts tight or perhaps drooping?

I have loosened and re-tightened the posts. The playfield still want to drag on the left side.... Maybe I need to loosen and ret-ighten the playfield side....

#2255 5 years ago

Anyone know where to get thing ramp decals, or the Gomez and Morticia coin slot inserts?783aed13d48d6ecc3b362dbda7ea5239fc86a8b7 (resized).jpg783aed13d48d6ecc3b362dbda7ea5239fc86a8b7 (resized).jpgab57d9c79029196f19e5ce00099a578cd7240c9b (resized).jpgab57d9c79029196f19e5ce00099a578cd7240c9b (resized).jpg

#2256 5 years ago

Ok let me get this straight. I complete like all the mansion stuff, I get to the question mark which takes me tour the mansion. I loose one freaking ball and the whole thing restarts all the way from the beginning?? Like ALL the way ??

#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok let me get this straight. I complete like all the mansion stuff, I get to the question mark which takes me tour the mansion. I loose one freaking ball and the whole thing restarts all the way from the beginning?? Like ALL the way ??

Yup.

#2259 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Welcome to the club !

Although may possibly be changed with game difficulty settings

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nice kick in the mouth, eh?

No ball saver like in Horde. Makes you a better player ; ).

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I have loosened and re-tightened the posts. The playfield still want to drag on the left side.... Maybe I need to loosen and ret-ighten the playfield side....

I had this happen with a game I shipped. The legs were bent during shipping and the playfield wasn't being supported in a level fashion.

#2263 5 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Anyone know where to get thing ramp decals, or the Gomez and Morticia coin slot inserts?

ebay?

#2264 5 years ago

Can someone please tell me if this type of EOS switch is necessary in TAF? It’s what came with my game. Kids play it and end up hitting the flipper and pulling the plunger at the same time causing the switch to get stuck on the plunger.

I know the best scenario would be keep kids away from it, but....

42625482-17B6-4DD9-A23D-A874375A86DE (resized).jpeg42625482-17B6-4DD9-A23D-A874375A86DE (resized).jpegFE410A6A-54F2-403B-866C-F2394AB3C6CB (resized).jpegFE410A6A-54F2-403B-866C-F2394AB3C6CB (resized).jpeg
#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from Thestrangebrewer:

Can someone please tell me if this type of EOS switch is necessary in TAF?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=152

That is a flipper button leaf blade switch, not an EOS switch.

LTG : )

#2266 5 years ago

…. and yes it is necessary. The 1st contact is for the lower right flipper and 2nd contact is for the upper right flipper.

Maybe make a guard that loops around it from a thin plastic transparency sheet that may keep the plunger spring from catching it.

#2267 5 years ago
Quoted from Thestrangebrewer:

Can someone please tell me if this type of EOS switch is necessary in TAF? It’s what came with my game. Kids play it and end up hitting the flipper and pulling the plunger at the same time causing the switch to get stuck on the plunger.
I know the best scenario would be keep kids away from it, but....

Never had that problem in my TAF. Here's what mine looks like:

IMG_2441.jpgIMG_2441.jpg
1 week later
#2268 5 years ago

Is there supposed to be a post in this hole? Seems to be OK without it....20180724_201920 (resized).jpg20180724_201920 (resized).jpg

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Is there supposed to be a post in this hole?

I have a TAFG. No hole, no post.

#2270 5 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Is there supposed to be a post in this hole? Seems to be OK without it....

Same as Lloyd, no hole no post. Doesnt need it.
Is this a New Cpr or Mirco new playfield?

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Is there supposed to be a post

nothing

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Same as Lloyd, no hole no post. Doesnt need it.
Is this a New Cpr or Mirco new playfield?

This is an original play-field that was restored by HSA two owners ago, so I don't have full history, but it is nicely clear-coated The reason I asked, is the manual shows a rubber sleeve for this location on page 2-42, and I'm ordering new rubber.

Looks like maybe this was eliminated in later production runs.

#2273 5 years ago

Pretty sure I’ve seen that hole unused on other originals. Have an IPB and no hole there either.

FBBEC916-A928-4229-9D8A-621593B7169B (resized).jpegFBBEC916-A928-4229-9D8A-621593B7169B (resized).jpeg
#2274 5 years ago

having problems with my TAF not recognizing the skill shot all the time (actually only seems to work 1 in 5 times) i have checked the switch in switch test mode with the pinball and it detects it every single time. During gameplay it seems to detect it because it activates the ball kicker to pop it out. Just not registering or acknowledging the shot. Any suggestions???

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

having problems with my TAF not recognizing the skill shot all the time

just guesses -

Are the switches in the shooter lane and trough all working correctly. (if it thinks the ball is there, maybe it does not look at the skill shot)

When weird things occur, I start re-seating ribbon cables in the back box, so try that.

#2276 5 years ago

unplugged and repluged in all the ribbon cables, still having the problem. all the switches pass the switch test and the switch for the skill shot is working appropriately especially as it will trigger the ball eject. So since the signal is clearly reaching the board but the board isnt registering the shot, can i assume that either the rom is corrupted or the cpu board is bad. The diagnostic lights on the cpu board are lit appropriately per the manual on startup and during game play. any help appreciated

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

any help appreciated

I know you reseated the ribbon cable. But is the one between the CPU and driver board bad ?

#2278 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I know you reseated the ribbon cable. But is the one between the CPU and driver board bad ?

i unplugged it and reseated it, how would i check if it is bad?

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

i unplugged it and reseated it, how would i check if it is bad?

Try using one from one of your other BW pins as a test.

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Is there supposed to be a post in this hole? Seems to be OK without it....[quoted image]

No post!

#2281 5 years ago

I figured it out for anyone else who runs into this problem. I checked the switch levels and saw that the right slingshot switch was closed, which is interesting because it wasnt firing the kicker at all, but during a game it seemed to work normally, maybe both switches have to be closed? anyway fixed that and still didnt work. I spent the next hour checking the shooter lane and thing eject switches which is far as i could tell were working properly. decided to record a video of what the game was doing to post on here and as i was reviewing the video to post noticed that graveyard value was popping up on the screen anytime the ball was ejected into the shooter lane. Then realized that the blue popbumper was firing everytime the ball was being ejected into the shooter lane. I guess the vibration of the ball eject was causing the popbumper switch to make contact and delivering a score which then negated the skill shot. Increased the distance of the pop bumper switch and everything works! Thanks for everyones help!

#2282 5 years ago

Special request: could someone send me a scan of the bookcase plastic? Looks like somebody learned a harsh lesson about cleaning the backside of a plastic on this one. My other plastics are in great shape, and the only one available as a ‘single’ to replace this one is an early version with different rules. Easy enough to just make a sticker...

Thanks!!!

7BFBC9F6-5856-40A4-9856-54D68F257C5C (resized).jpeg7BFBC9F6-5856-40A4-9856-54D68F257C5C (resized).jpeg
#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Special request: could someone send me a scan of the bookcase plastic? Looks like somebody learned a harsh lesson about cleaning the backside of a plastic on this one. My other plastics are in great shape, and the only one available as a ‘single’ to replace this one is an early version with different rules. Easy enough to just make a sticker...
Thanks!!!
[quoted image]

PM me. I will give you the one from my restore.

#2284 5 years ago

PM sent. Thanks!!

#2285 5 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Put my new PinGraffix PinBlades on this morning. They were very easy to install and look great! I'm selling this to get a DILE, but playing it this morning was making me sad thinking about it leaving.

[quoted image][quoted image]

I just bought this machine from another member (Oneangrymo) in MI. I can attest to how beautiful this machine is. AMAZING and I'm geeked to now have this in my Basement Barcade and happy to now be in the TAF owners club

#2286 5 years ago

Thinking about upgrading to LEDs and I'm thinking about doing either the cointaker or pinballbulbs.com ultimate LED kit? Any experience or feedback on either?

I'm leaning towards the pinballbulbs kit because I'm lazy (figured someone has done the work of thinking through it for me already) and love the idea of getting the swamp and spotlight extras and just doing everything in one big upgrade.

Thoughts?

#2287 5 years ago
Quoted from biscoseattle:

Thinking about upgrading to LEDs and I'm thinking about doing either the cointaker or pinballbulbs.com ultimate LED kit? Any experience or feedback on either?
I'm leaning towards the pinballbulbs kit because I'm lazy (figured someone has done the work of thinking through it for me already) and love the idea of getting the swamp and spotlight extras and just doing everything in one big upgrade.
Thoughts?

I can't say enough good things about Comet, good service, good product, good people!! They do have kits now, but I have always ordered individual bulbs and figured out what works in each machine, not a fan of the "kit" approach personally, you are paying someone a lot of money just to figure out what you need. It is cheaper to just over order a little, and save your spares fore the next machine.

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from biscoseattle:

I would never buy a kit....it may require you to pick the bulbs yourself but no kit I've ever seen correctly color matches all the bulbs (and the kits are almost never discounted vs. buying individual bulbs yourself). Some bulbs under colored inserts should be white (and not the insert color, such as greens and yellows) to correctly color match the factory look. Others you want the same color bulb as the insert (reds, blues). The kits always get this wrong and so while they do the "work" for you, they didn't do much work. Strongly recommend picking your own colors.

#2289 5 years ago

In the case of TAF, I think the inserts look fine using the original incandescent bulbs. (and you don't have to worry about inserts ghosting from LEDs or upgrading to an LED OCD board) If your inserts look dark, you might need to clean the dust off the back of the inserts or adjust the bulb position.

The TAF playfield is dark so I swapped all the GI bulbs for Cool White Frosted LEDs, and the same for the backbox. Cool white LEDs behind the translite corrects the yellow hue and makes it look cleaner and not dingy yellow IMHO.

#2290 5 years ago

Thanks for the input. I like the idea of focusing on upgrading the GI and adding the lighting mods I want (cloud topper, swap, bookcase). But I just hate the yellow of the Incandescents that are supposed to be white (greed) and the I think the GRAVE letters are really pop when they are blue-er.

#2291 5 years ago

If you are going the kit way, I have used pinballbulbs and they are great to work with. Great customer service and you get more bulbs than you need. Often times the kits will come with rgb lighting for the trough and in the back, and stadium lights to better light the play field. But as most have done, I will now just buy what I need to save money and just do it myself.

#2292 5 years ago

I'm thinking about buying the Thing Ramp light to brighten up that area of the playfield, but I was curious how it mounts. Can anyone show pictures or describe where the lights actually mount.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/addams-thingramp-light.html

#2293 5 years ago

looking to purchase a trashed Addams family. needs to be complete, no surprises, it does not need to work, playfield can be trashed. Looking to rebuild from the ground up. LMk

#2294 5 years ago

Getting the check fuses 114/115 message (D20 also blinking). Found my J120 was fried, and replaced that, but still the same. Sold my players machine that played 100% for this one with a brand new CPR Gold Playfield, and ughhhhhhh.

Also, anyone know where I can get this piece? Just the metal cover, mine is rusty

70a6b61711e41a53f7e29897f3b3af672f4524c0 (resized).png70a6b61711e41a53f7e29897f3b3af672f4524c0 (resized).png
#2295 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Also, anyone know where I can get this piece? Just the metal cover, mine is rusty

That is a ramp flap which is made of spring steel and riveted to the end of the ramp, so it is kind of a pain to swap. You can search the forum for threads on replacing ramp flaps. They frequently have a bit a of rust, even on new pins. I would try polishing it first to see if that does the job.

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

looking to purchase a trashed Addams family. needs to be complete, no surprises, it does not need to work, playfield can be trashed. Looking to rebuild from the ground up. LMk

You and half the people on here looking to do a full restore with the new PF's

#2297 5 years ago

Well this is going into that starting Monday !20180809_164950 (resized).jpg20180809_164950 (resized).jpg

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Well this is going into that starting Monday ![quoted image]

Let us know how it goes. i am doing mine after i am done with AFM

#2299 5 years ago

It’s not a bad swap - slow and steady and you’ll get through it.

Marc

#2300 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Let us know how it goes. i am doing mine after i am done with AFM

Quoted from pintechev:

It’s not a bad swap - slow and steady and you’ll get through it.
Marc

I have to admit , I'm having it done professionally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.