IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 132.
#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

How the hell do you get to the back edge of the playfield to clean and take the ramps off? It's on a damn pivot nut and it's too close to the top edge to fit any tools back there.. is the only option to remove the damn entire playfield from the game? I'm not sure my wife and I can get it out, it's too bloody heavy.

I am afraid so it’s a giant pain in the ass but the only way is to pull it from the game

#2202 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

How the hell do you get to the back edge of the playfield to clean and take the ramps off? It's on a damn pivot nut and it's too close to the top edge to fit any tools back there.. is the only option to remove the damn entire playfield from the game? I'm not sure my wife and I can get it out, it's too bloody heavy.

To take the ramps off I just lift the field up enough to fit a screwdriver in, it helps to have somebody holding it for you.

#2203 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

To take the ramps off I just lift the field up enough to fit a screwdriver in, it helps to have somebody holding it for you.

Yeah, if only I had someone that was actually capable of doing that...

Quoted from mmr61184:I am afraid so it’s a giant pain in the ass but the only way is to pull it from the game

.....F--k.

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Go get a 2x4 and cut it to length, or an adjustable rod would work well if you could find something in the right length range. I use a stubby driver as well that has come in handy back there

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

.....F--k.

A hood prop does wonders

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-45900-Hood-Prop/dp/B0002BC0T6

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Take out the black plastic playfield glass channel on the back of the cabinet just above the rear of the playfield.

This does not look like much but it gives you and extra inch or two of space to work on the back third of the playfield.

I have shopped out several TAFs, including my own, and it makes a lot of difference in clearance.

RussM

#2207 5 years ago

I just lift the playfield at the back out of the railing, move it forward and let it rest on the wood. This worked great with me.

#2208 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The ramps are one entire assembly that is pretty easy to remove but requires a short or bendy screwdriver to get the screws at the very back. Any wires attached to the ramp can be unplugged underneath the playfield for full removal or you could just move the assembly out of the way while you clean.

#2209 5 years ago

Yeah...it's not often I run into tight enough quarters that my tools aren't serviceable but they really crammed it all in there!

#2210 5 years ago

I've really been wanting to make some sort of prop rods(likely some sort of 2x4's cut to fit) that you could "pivot" the playfield up onto for some time now. I need to really open her up and look at possible mounting points, to the playfield and the inside of the cabinet...

#2211 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah...it's not often I run into tight enough quarters that my tools aren't serviceable but they really crammed it all in there!

We just pulled the playfield right out that's the easiest way man, but this sounds like a job for the coveted snap-off super rare and super short screwdriver!

8397_1 (resized).jpg8397_1 (resized).jpg

#2212 5 years ago

Got my Addams back after dropping it off to Pinball perfection in Melbourne Australia.
New play field and some parts, also a total cab restoration/decals. I'm literally over the moon!

Geoff (Steelballs on pinside) gives so much attention to detail and made the journey so smooth without a single hick up that I am now taking my TZ to him.
Amazing prices too!

I chose the purple cap as its my fave color.

https://www.facebook.com/Pinball-Perfection-806518642819791/

photo_2018-05-27_22-05-23 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-05-27_22-05-23 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-05-27_22-04-49 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-05-27_22-04-49 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-05-27_22-04-30 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-05-27_22-04-30 (resized).jpg
photo_2018-05-27_22-09-59 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-05-27_22-09-59 (resized).jpg

#2213 5 years ago

Okay, a sawed off screwdriver now that's some funny sh... LMAO!

Sold it as it sat, got what I wanted out of it, and someone more industrious than me save a few hundo, so all good in the hood.

#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, a sawed off screwdriver now that's some funny sh... LMAO!

Those are not sawed off drivers. They come with a little handle to turn them,they come in very handy.

#2215 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Those are not sawed off drivers.

Couldn't do my job without this one:

http://www.monotaro.sg/g/00213094/

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Got my Addams back after dropping it off to Pinball perfection in Melbourne Australia.
New play field and some parts, also a total cab restoration/decals. I'm literally over the moon!
Geoff (Steelballs on pinside) gives so much attention to detail and made the journey so smooth without a single hick up that I am now taking my TZ to him.
Amazing prices too!
I chose the purple cap as its my fave color.
https://www.facebook.com/Pinball-Perfection-806518642819791/

That looks so bloody nice!

#2217 5 years ago

Those are not sawed off drivers. They come with a little handle to turn them,they come in very handy.

Okay, but I could theoretically make one by sawing off a screwdriver. More seriously though, is there a part number for those things?

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, but I could theoretically make one by sawing off a screwdriver. More seriously though, is there a part number for those things?

http://www.monotaro.sg/g/00213094/

#2219 5 years ago

Hey all!

New to pinside and considering buying my first pin. I’ve really had my heart set on Addams Family and I found one in my area at a reasonable price. All working condition, play field with slight wear but it has magnet burn (which I think is pretty typical). I’d plan on getting the fuse kit as many have suggested but how worried should I be about the burn as a signal of pin condition? Any thoughts or guidance?

B2983032-3CDA-4206-B95F-7FB63535B416 (resized).jpegB2983032-3CDA-4206-B95F-7FB63535B416 (resized).jpeg
#2221 5 years ago

I have just replaced my playfield and have everything up and working, but have noticed that once i lose a ball, there is a delay between the time the ball is lost and the game realizes the play is over, it is an intermittent problem, that last about 10 seconds after the ball is lost. I checked all the switches and they all appear to be working fine? the ball hole switch is working fine and immediately kicks the ball over to the waiting outlane. Any ideas what to check?

#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from biscoseattle:

Hey all!
New to pinside and considering buying my first pin. I’ve really had my heart set on Addams Family and I found one in my area at a reasonable price. All working condition, play field with slight wear but it has magnet burn (which I think is pretty typical). I’d plan on getting the fuse kit as many have suggested but how worried should I be about the burn as a signal of pin condition? Any thoughts or guidance?

I wouldnt worry about it. I see the burn circle. You can buy an overlay decal to make that vanish. Install fuse kit on all 3 magnets so that wont happen again.

#2223 5 years ago

Hey all!

Since Mirco has released The Addams Family Playfields I would just replace the Playfield and you have an amazing brand new game.

Because of this I would pay a lot less for any game that has magnet burn knowing I could get a replacement Playfield at this point.

So don't pay too much and for the quick fix put the decal over it and play the heck out of it.

#2224 5 years ago

I have just replaced my playfield and have everything up and working, but have noticed that once i lose a ball, there is a delay between the time the ball is lost and the game realizes the play is over, it is an intermittent problem, that last about 10 seconds after the ball is lost. I checked all the switches and they all appear to be working fine? the ball hole switch is working fine and immediately kicks the ball over to the waiting outlane. Any ideas what to check?

Sounds like a bad switch to me. Either adjust it or replace it.

#2225 5 years ago

thanks for the advice Ericpinballfan . Will install the fuse kit!

I've found the magnet burn overlay decal online (one with just the cloud part and one with the full orange magnet part). Is it just a simple stick on situation or do I need to sand down or do any other prep to level the playfield before application?

I'm not to concerned with the look as long as its better than the burn but can the decal cause other issues down the road?

#2226 5 years ago

thanks for the advice ericpinballfan . Will install the fuse kit!
I've found the magnet burn overlay decal online (one with just the cloud part and one with the full orange magnet part). Is it just a simple stick on situation or do I need to sand down or do any other prep to level the playfield before application?
I'm not to concerned with the look as long as its better than the burn but can the decal cause other issues down the road?

It's stick on.

#2227 5 years ago

Indeed, its a stick on.
Decals cause no issues. You just want to make sure there isn't any wax or novis on playfield area.
Wet apply, meaning , just a little windex to slide it around and get it on perfect....dont touch. Wait about 5 hours for that to dry.
Now, wipe playfield down and appky novis 1 as a base coat wax for playfield. Good to go.
I have the mansion overlay on mine and it doesnt bother me or effect gameplay.

#2228 5 years ago

thanks!

#2229 5 years ago

I wouldn't say that decals have no effect. Like a piece of Mylar, the edge of the decal can affect the direction of a slow rolling ball.

#2230 5 years ago

Just set up my first pin (TAF)! Going through everything and one of my priorities was installing the fuse mod since my playfield had some burn and I didn't want it occurring again.

2 of the magnet connector set up with the fuse mod no problem. But the left magnet that caused the burn seems to have a different size plastic connector.

My guess is that the burn caused some type of issue with the connector and they replaced it with whatever they had, so my plan would be to change it back to match the other 2 and install the fuse kit.

But could I be missing something? Is there any reason why the connector for the 3rd (left magnet) wouldn't match the other 2?

Thanks in advance!

#2231 5 years ago

Just set up my first pin (TAF)! Going through everything and one of my priorities was installing the fuse mod since my playfield had some burn and I didn't want it occurring again.
2 of the magnet connector set up with the fuse mod no problem. But the left magnet that caused the burn seems to have a different size plastic connector.
My guess is that the burn caused some type of issue with the connector and they replaced it with whatever they had, so my plan would be to change it back to match the other 2 and install the fuse kit.
But could I be missing something? Is there any reason why the connector for the 3rd (left magnet) wouldn't match the other 2?
Thanks in advance!

Congrats and smart move to add protection. You're likely correct on the connector. Very easy if you didn't already know to replace it with the correct ones from your preferred vendor.

2 weeks later
#2232 5 years ago

Hey guys what happens if you complete the tour the mansion thing ? is there kind of an "ending" to the game?

#2233 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

what happens if you complete the tour the mansion

Nope, you get some rewards and it starts over.

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys what happens if you complete the tour the mansion thing ? is there kind of an "ending" to the game?

You get a big points award, everything that isn't a mode on the mansion is lit, and then you're required to make it through every mode on that same ball. I've never survived long enough to tour the whole mansion after starting it so I don't know if there is another award for doing so. Once you drain you're back to a blank mansion to work your way through again.

#2235 5 years ago

Whenever my ball drains thats it, there is no "saved ball" timer. Does anyone know if there is a setting for that in the menu? I tried looking couldn't find it.

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Whenever my ball drains thats it, there is no "saved ball" timer. Does anyone know if there is a setting for that in the menu? I tried looking couldn't find it.

No ball save!

#2237 5 years ago

What!? Really!

#2238 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

There is no ball save timer. The only way to get a ball save is to not hit a single switch before it drains. So basically try to get Thing for the skill shot, if you miss and it doesn't touch anything, or go short in the swamp,then don't touch the flippers.

#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

if you miss and it doesn't touch anything, or go short in the swamp,then don't touch the flippers.

Unfortunately because the swamp does offer points it will drain the ball

#2240 5 years ago

Yes the swamp drains the ball.^^^^^^^

#2241 5 years ago

Has anyone used the Loop Combo plastics on the mystery lights? Any comments on quality / finish? They look a bit washed out in the photos, but nothing looks good with LED lighting in photos. I'm not a big "toys" modder, and I like that these look original and help to explain what the various mystery lights mean. Thinking about buying a set off eBay with today's bargain coupon.

IMG_0851_16-9_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgIMG_0851_16-9_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Unfortunately because the swamp does offer points it will drain the ball

Sorry, off on the wording...I meant you don't want to come up short and go in the swamp either.

#2243 5 years ago
Quoted from hepgeek:

Has anyone used the Loop Combo plastics on the mystery lights? Any comments on quality / finish? They look a bit washed out in the photos, but nothing looks good with LED lighting in photos. I'm not a big "toys" modder, and I like that these look original and help to explain what the various mystery lights mean. Thinking about buying a set off eBay with today's bargain coupon.

I have not seen them on Addams as they are newly released...but I will vouch for the quality from accidental on Jurassic Park. They definitely look OEM/factory/professional...whatever you want to call it!

Here is a video I did on the JP ones. Just be careful with your plastics lol.

You also may get better results depending on what bulb is behind it. I also showed a few quick ones in my LED comparison video specifically with the scoops.

#2244 5 years ago

Installed my latest mod last night:

E2E32B14-7BD7-40EC-B346-DD908A099353 (resized).jpegE2E32B14-7BD7-40EC-B346-DD908A099353 (resized).jpegE900A247-680D-4620-B1BB-34EC57003E3F (resized).jpegE900A247-680D-4620-B1BB-34EC57003E3F (resized).jpeg
#2245 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

You get a big points award, everything that isn't a mode on the mansion is lit, and then you're required to make it through every mode on that same ball. I've never survived long enough to tour the whole mansion after starting it so I don't know if there is another award for doing so. Once you drain you're back to a blank mansion to work your way through again.

I stand corrected. Now I have to go work on completing that!!

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Light speaker panel, hinge magnets.
Very Nice!

#2247 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

How did that panel mod work on TAF? I didnt think it would work for that game with the thing lights across the bottom.

#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Light speaker panel, hinge magnets.
Very Nice!

Actually, I did the speaker panel a WHILE sago, but maybe I forgot to post pics. I love it though! The hinge covers are the new mod. I couldn’t be happier with them! As with most light-mod pics, it looks WAY better in person.

#2249 5 years ago

How did that panel mod work on TAF? I didnt think it would work for that game with the thing lights across the bottom.

Worked no problem at all. The panel has cutouts for each letter, and you just transfer the Thing board over. Piece of cake. I’ve had the speaker panel on for a WHILE now—got one of the early ones before the price drop. My only real complaint about it was the price, but it’s much more reasonable now for the ultimate at $229, I think, as opposed to $299. I didn’t regret the purchase at the higher price. Installation was a bit of a bear. Actually the easy part was the Thing board. Everything else, not so much, largely due to not the clearest instructions. Plus, you have to remove the black adhesive backing from your panel cover, or buy a new one, which is what I opted for since mine had a bit of a scratch. In the end though, totally worth it! It looks even nicer in person. I was about to buy one for my T2, but Dan (LPM owner) told me to wait about 2 months because they’re in the process of making a number of small improvements to the panels to make them nicer/easier to install. I appreciated his candor in wanting me to be satisfied vs. wanting to get rid of his old stock.

#2250 5 years ago

Hello everyone, just recently joined the club.

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the pivot points for lifting the playfield? Mine scrapes on the left side of the cabinet when you pivot it up or down, and I would like to fix that before i put side art on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,059.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
16,000 (OBO)
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/45?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.