IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 132.
#2101 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have had mine for about 15 years and I paid $900 for it back then. Its in really nice shape. Are they really going for $8k now? I dont think I have seen that.

That was a steal, if the wear is minimal to none yeah it’s worth that

#2102 6 years ago

Received and installed the bookcase mod. Looks great. Good bang for the buck

CDCA5AB8-F9F7-4B42-B88C-07BF5A56AB11 (resized).jpegCDCA5AB8-F9F7-4B42-B88C-07BF5A56AB11 (resized).jpeg

F95AFF5B-034A-4EE5-8342-5ADB3FB478D8 (resized).jpegF95AFF5B-034A-4EE5-8342-5ADB3FB478D8 (resized).jpeg

#2103 6 years ago

Yes,I agree - great mod for Addams.Looks factory to me.The book must be red though to match the one on the playfield.Other option is green.

mjenison is the creator.

IMG_3941 (resized).JPGIMG_3941 (resized).JPG

#2104 6 years ago

Finished it of with the Beware of the Thing mod. And yes, all credits go to mjenison. Awesome seller

D83C3056-55D7-4A8B-BD61-645CAAF74B44 (resized).jpegD83C3056-55D7-4A8B-BD61-645CAAF74B44 (resized).jpeg

#2105 6 years ago

Just showing off my Freshly shopped TAF

#2106 6 years ago

It finally happened a week ago.....

20180325_164337 (resized).jpg20180325_164337 (resized).jpg

But I got my new glass in the mail and everything is all better now!!!

20180404_110649 (resized).jpg20180404_110649 (resized).jpg

If you need new translite glass cut, give OneDayGlass a try. I have the measurements in a link in my thread where this happened, I put the order in Monday and got the glass in the mail 9 days later. Fit great and looks awesome!!

#2107 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

First test for the new apron decals... Just a little too big...

Hey, those look nice. Where'd you get them? Haha...

#2108 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Hey, those look nice. Where'd you get them? Haha...

Awhile ago some dude posted some low-res pics on pinside...

#2109 6 years ago

Any suggestions where I can find nice target decals ? Some on Ebay...

#2110 6 years ago

Some awful gameplay on my TAF

#2111 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any suggestions where I can find nice target decals ? Some on Ebay...

Pinball Decals, Inc.

#2112 6 years ago

I'm selling a NOS TAF speaker panel!

IMG_20180413_182643 (resized).jpgIMG_20180413_182643 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180413_182648 (resized).jpgIMG_20180413_182648 (resized).jpg

#2113 6 years ago

ok just installed my new playfield and powered things up, everything looks pretty good, but the "g" and the second "e" lights are not working. checked out the matrix and the fact that the other lights are working means that the j137 column is working. I check continuity on the board and everything is good. when i check continuity after the diode to the pin everything seems good. when i power up and check the voltage across the socket only reading about .3 volts vs. 1.3 on a working socket. So i figure the problem might be at the board, according to the matrix the ground is on connector J133 but when i look at the board i see that there is only one wire hooked in J133. This is the picture i took before i took out the playfied. Should J134 be in J133? Wanted to check with you guys before i mucked something up!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2114 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

ok just installed my new playfield and powered things up, everything looks pretty good, but the "g" and the second "e" lights are not working. checked out the matrix and the fact that the other lights are working means that the j137 column is working. I check continuity on the board and everything is good. when i check continuity after the diode to the pin everything seems good. when i power up and check the voltage across the socket only reading about .3 volts vs. 1.3 on a working socket. So i figure the problem might be at the board, according to the matrix the ground is on connector J133 but when i look at the board i see that there is only one wire hooked in J133. This is the picture i took before i took out the playfied. Should J134 be in J133? Wanted to check with you guys before i mucked something up!

Your connectors appear to be OK. If I am not mistaking these three connectors above each other are all in parallel.

See a picture below of my board. On you picture I don’t see 138 inserted by the way

AD356026-848F-4CDD-A64A-CA359D18BAD3 (resized).jpegAD356026-848F-4CDD-A64A-CA359D18BAD3 (resized).jpeg

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm selling a NOS TAF speaker panel!

... for how much?

#2116 6 years ago

What's the going price on a fully NICELY playing but needing shopped AF assuming it's got enough playfield wear that I'd say it needed to be swapped if it was staying in my collection for a while. Mansion insert wear, other edging, scoops aren't HORRIBLE but not great..could be covered with cliffys, cabinet has minor wear around the flipper buttons, only solid black missing. Slightly faded yellows on cab art. Batteries moved off CPU, minor good-quality repairs to CPU and driver board.

Trying to figure out where the break point is on getting a beater versus paying for a shopped game...it doesn't make sense to fully shop (When I say shop I mean more than most people..I'm talking rebuilding flippers, rebuilding pops including new base/body/wafers/caps, converting to LED, installing plastics protectors, titan rubbers, new shooter rod and springs, new coil sleeves and springs for every coil, new star posts, etc) a game that needs a PF swap unless you're DOING THE PF SWAP at the same time? How much is just polishing a turd, ya know?

#2117 6 years ago
Quoted from gac:

... for how much?

How about US$ 150 - shipped ww.

#2118 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What's the going price on a fully NICELY playing but needing shopped AF assuming it's got enough playfield wear that I'd say it needed to be swapped if it was staying in my collection for a while. Mansion insert wear, other edging, scoops aren't HORRIBLE but not great..could be covered with cliffys, cabinet has minor wear around the flipper buttons, only solid black missing. Slightly faded yellows on cab art. Batteries moved off CPU, minor good-quality repairs to CPU and driver board.
Trying to figure out where the break point is on getting a beater versus paying for a shopped game...it doesn't make sense to fully shop (When I say shop I mean more than most people..I'm talking rebuilding flippers, rebuilding pops including new base/body/wafers/caps, converting to LED, installing plastics protectors, titan rubbers, new shooter rod and springs, new coil sleeves and springs for every coil, new star posts, etc) a game that needs a PF swap unless you're DOING THE PF SWAP at the same time? How much is just polishing a turd, ya know?

Feels like around 5,500-6k these days.

#2119 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Your connectors appear to be OK. If I am not mistaking these three connectors above each other are all in parallel.
See a picture below of my board. On you picture I don’t see 138 inserted by the way

yes the picture was as i was removing connectors for documentation. everything is hooked up now. So if 133, 134, and 135 are in parrallel. i should be able to swap 133 and 134 to make sure the connectors arent burned on 134 right?

#2120 6 years ago

It wouldn't be a connector.
Since those lamps are controlled by a ROW and a COLUMN, if one of those connectors was bad, then you would get a whole ROW or COLUMN out, not a single bulb..

#2121 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It wouldn't be a connector.
Since those lamps are controlled by a ROW and a COLUMN, if one of those connectors was bad, then you would get a whole ROW or COLUMN out, not a single bulb..

so most likely then a connector bad on the playfield lamp board?

#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

so most likely then a connector bad on the playfield lamp board?

Yeah, or:
(1) A broken row/column wire at a previous lamp in the wire loom (unlikely), or
(2) The twist sockets/holders are corroded and just not making good connection.

Likely, though, the two row wires for those lights (Red/Br & Red/Yel) just came loose in the IDC socket, and aren't making a connection.

#2123 6 years ago

So, spent USD 5 on eBay for a couple of fuseholders with a 3A sloblow fuse to make TAF more bulletproof. No brown burnmarks on my playfield

51ED2A78-738F-4EA8-9907-9B6137C9067D (resized).jpeg51ED2A78-738F-4EA8-9907-9B6137C9067D (resized).jpeg

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, spent USD 5 on eBay for a couple of fuseholders with a 3A sloblow fuse to make TAF more bulletproof. No brown burnmarks on my playfield

Thats probably the best $5 solution out there, but you can still get magnet burn. I have seen it happen a couple times.

The best solution that I have never seen fail, is to get the replacement magnet board. I put them in all my TAF.

It was re-engineered to work correctly/perfectly and they are inexpensive:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-addams-family-fused-high-power-board-a-15139

If anyone has seen a burned playfield after installing this please let me know.

#2125 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, or:
(1) A broken row/column wire at a previous lamp in the wire loom (unlikely), or
(2) The twist sockets/holders are corroded and just not making good connection.
Likely, though, the two row wires for those lights (Red/Br & Red/Yel) just came loose in the IDC socket, and aren't making a connection.

I was thinking of ordering a new idc connector for the playfield lamp board and then rewiring it, But I see that the wire runs through the connector on to the other lamps.

1) should i just purchase an idc connector tool and try to repunch the offending wires down
2) should i try to rewire the connector, if so, how do you remove the wires from the connector without damaging them?

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Thats probably the best $5 solution out there, but you can still get magnet burn. I have seen it happen a couple times.
The best solution that I have never seen fail, is to get the replacement magnet board. I put them in all my TAF.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-addams-family-fused-high-power-board-a-15139

Thanks for the tip.

I think this board looks great but in the end offers the exact same functionality, eg fuses in line with the magnet. Just nicely ordered on a pcb and not in the wires.

However, one thing I learned from it that he is using 2A sloblow fuses where I am using 3A. Will replace the 3A with 2A and see what happens. Worse case they blow in normal operation and I have to stick 3A back again.

#2127 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Just nicely ordered on a pcb and not in the wires.

Plus its not 25 years old and failure prone.
It's a high voltage circuit and the TIP36's are prone to failure or "lock on"

The whole board is only a couple bucks more than rebuilding an old board completely and getting in-line fuse holders.

JMHO

#2128 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Says they are no longer available..?

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Says they are no longer available..?

Did you try the main site:

https://nvram.weebly.com/

#2130 6 years ago

True but sad story . A few years ago I saw an Addams family at a guys house that he wanted me to fix, I told him I really needed to take it to my garage and work on it there, since there was so much that he wanted me to do to it. He said no later on, and I let it go . A few months later I called him up and offered to buy the game from him since it wasn’t working. Long story short they said no and decided not to sell, no big deal. A few years pass and recently I’ve started looking for an Addams again... so I made the call to the guy again, he calls me back and tells me that an old power strip caught fire in the corner of the room opposite of their pins and the house burnt down along with the pins, no one was hurt. Of course now he wishes he would have made me a deal. And also talk to me about finding him a few more pinball machines, I don’t think he serious though as he still has no house. Fire happened early January .

#2131 6 years ago

Can’t reccomend this one highly enough. Great product.

#2132 6 years ago

No , I haven't
Cool

#2133 6 years ago

I just left the magnet fuse kit in when I put this new magnet board in. I know it’s overkill and not needed, but I will will leave both in anyways

#2134 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

I was thinking of ordering a new idc connector for the playfield lamp board and then rewiring it, But I see that the wire runs through the connector on to the other lamps.
1) should i just purchase an idc connector tool and try to repunch the offending wires down
2) should i try to rewire the connector, if so, how do you remove the wires from the connector without damaging them?

any help on this?

#2135 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

any help on this?

Do you have a picture of the connector. It may be easier to help you out.

#2136 6 years ago

Looking for a TAF with a bad playfield. Have a new repro, just need the machine. Bad cab is ok too.

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Do you have a picture of the connector. It may be easier to help you out.

ok pulled the board out and the problem is i have two bad diodes on the board, where do i find which type of diode i need?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2138 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

ok pulled the board out and the problem is i have two bad diodes on the board, where do i find which type of diode i need?

IN4001 - 1N4004 will work just fine.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/micro-commercial-co/1N4001-TP/1N4001-TPMSCT-ND/773688

#2139 6 years ago

Pinball life may have them too. Great Plains is another good resource

#2140 6 years ago

Marco’s has them also . Look under game - F14(electronics section) first page 19 cents each

#2141 6 years ago

My Addams comes in Tuesday! About to be in the club.

#2142 6 years ago

i need to do some touchup paintwork on my cabinet (only the black) what have others used here, that doesnt look like you touched it up?

#2143 6 years ago

Have not been able to locate a source for the big through the cabinet bolts that the pivot nut screws onto?
Pivot nut at Marco link follows.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4329-2

#2144 6 years ago

Can one of you guys take a picture of the wiring on the light back board. Mine is hacked to crap. And I want to rebuild the wire harness. Whoever owned the game before me staples in bayonet sockets and put 455 bulbs in.

#2145 6 years ago

I used satin black Krylon on my tz on the edges and it looks great

#2146 6 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Can one of you guys take a picture of the wiring on the light back board. Mine is hacked to crap. And I want to rebuild the wire harness. Whoever owned the game before me staples in bayonet sockets and put 455 bulbs in.

020 (resized).JPG020 (resized).JPG

#2147 6 years ago

Bryan_Kelly are you sure that’s right. That’s what mine looks like I assumed that silver wire and bayonet sockets are a hack.

#2148 6 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

bryan_kelly are you sure that’s right. That’s what mine looks like I assumed that silver wire and bayonet sockets are a hack.

Nope, that's how mine is wired as well. They are controlled lamps, not GI.

#2149 6 years ago
Quoted from PinZig:

Wow learned something new today

#2150 6 years ago
Quoted from PinZig:

They're all GI. The bayonet sockets are meant to take 455 flasher lamps. They only came in that base at the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

16,000 (OBO)
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 180.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,159.00
$ 159.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.