5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,376 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 minutes ago by CLEllison
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,080 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

98F5288D-9317-453B-8D12-4D7011B76658 (resized).jpeg
20191013_165139 (resized).jpg
20190709_194654 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpg
IMG_0606 (resized).jpg
IMG_0605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0603 (resized).jpg
IMG_0602 (resized).jpg
thing.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_3471 (002) (resized).jpg
20190907_184031 (resized).jpg
20190906_104553 (resized).jpg
20190906_110443 (resized).jpg
20190906_110543 (resized).jpg
20190906_100811 (resized).jpg
20190906_101002 (resized).jpg

There are 3376 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 68.
#2051 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If I already hadn't waited 2 years and picked up my very nice silver, looks like a Gold. I would go buy another.

You had me a little worried, but Classic Playfields just marked it shipped and gave me a UPS tracking number. If I had some extra dough, I'd buy a second one and hang it on the wall to appreciate and appreciate...

#2052 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can get a wireform? Ball guides?

#2053 1 year ago
Quoted from GKW:

Can i ask why...really?...its scientific...

#2054 1 year ago
Quoted from GKW:

Try Chris at Hotrod arcades , I think, he does beautiful plating and chrome but has a huge stock of wire forms .

#2055 1 year ago
Quoted from GKW:

You'll have to beat me to them, i'm on the hunt too.

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Try Chris at Hotrod arcades , I think, he does beautiful plating and chrome but has a huge stock of wire forms .

#2057 1 year ago

So, if the wireforms and ball guides are unobtainium, I will have to find someone to lend me theirs, so that I can get some reproduced. To answer your question, Ericpinballfan, when you buy something incomplete, it is necessary to find the parts you need. Its scientific, indeed.

#2058 1 year ago

By the way, I've already reached out to Hotrod Arcades and he doesn't carry wireforms. He takes in others and gives them a completed one. No backstock for sale.

#2059 1 year ago

The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family_(pinball) page mentions as a possible aftermarket mod a "miniature Tiffany-style lamp near Thing's box"... I thought I had seen all of the available mods for this machine, but I've never seen this one.

#2060 1 year ago

Would anybody send me some pics of where to connect the LEDs and wiring for the swamp GI light and kickout lights? I'm a newbie at this and trying to learn how to make my own mods. I bought some LEDs, wires, etc and want to do it myself instead of spending $30. How about the electric chair scoop?

Or maybe this is a bad idea and I should just go for the kit?

#2061 1 year ago

Hi!

I´m working in a custom inner side arts and front art for "The Addams Family Pinball". Here is a have for now:

"The Family Addams Pinball Inner Right Side Art". Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Right%20Side%20Art.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Family Addams Pinball Inner Right Side Art". Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Right%20Side%20Art.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "The Family Addams Pinball Inner Right Side Art". Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Right%20Side%20Art.%20Mikonos3.jpg

I hope you like!

The Family Addams Pinball Inner Right Side Art. Mikonos1.jpg
The Family Addams Pinball Inner Right Side Art. Mikonos2.jpg
The Family Addams Pinball Inner Right Side Art. Mikonos3.jpg

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDocMN:

Would anybody send me some pics of where to connect the LEDs and wiring for the swamp GI light and kickout lights? I'm a newbie at this and trying to learn how to make my own mods. I bought some LEDs, wires, etc and want to do it myself instead of spending $30. How about the electric chair scoop?
Or maybe this is a bad idea and I should just go for the kit?

No, not a bad idea. Just hook up you led’s via a resistor to the closest GI light. Easy to do and only costs dollar cents. Challenge is always how to aim the leds to get best results. Just play with it, you can do it.

A10D4A50-6674-4AA8-BA7F-FE20A84F5404 (resized).jpeg

#2063 1 year ago

I’m about to place another order from Mr. Pinball. Anyone want anything who wants to share shipping costs from Australia?

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au

#2064 1 year ago

I am really thinking about buying a CPR playfield but looks to me like the colors see off "much brighter" i cant tell if its just the pictures or what. Anybody have any thoughts that has seen them in person compared to their game.

#2065 1 year ago

"The Family Addams Pinball Inner Left Side Art". Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Left%20Side%20Art.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Family Addams Pinball Inner Left Side Art". Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Left%20Side%20Art.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "The Family Addams Pinball Inner Left Side Art". Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Left%20Side%20Art.%20Mikonos3.jpg

The Family Addams Pinball Inner Left Side Art. Mikonos1.jpg

The Family Addams Pinball Inner Left Side Art. Mikonos2.jpg

The Family Addams Pinball Inner Left Side Art. Mikonos3.jpg

#2066 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I am really thinking about buying a CPR playfield but looks to me like the colors see off "much brighter" i cant tell if its just the pictures or what. Anybody have any thoughts that has seen them in person compared to their game.

They are brighter for sure, but I think the CPR look great!

#2067 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I really have no complaints on the CPR i got.

#2068 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yeah, they're brighter than the ones that went out with machines back in the 90's. But correct or not? I can't say. I DO like it, the bright colors look sooooo nice.

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, they're brighter than the ones that went out with machines back in the 90's. But correct or not? I can't say. I DO like it, the bright colors look sooooo nice.

Yeah I may have to breakdown and buy one, I don't think I will be able to find somebody to restore my original

#2070 1 year ago

I had a CPR repro on order but decided to cancel. I figure now that everyone bought the repro, great condition originals will be more valuable. Second, some of CPR's colors (eg. the greens), while "original" according to the factory films, never actually looked that way on any original playfield. So the playfields look great, but don't look right to avid TAF players.

Not trying to start a debate here, I think it's great CPR made these as many TAF playfields are trashed. But if you have an original PF in great condition with maybe a couple of small flaws, I'd hang onto it.

#2071 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I had a CPR repro on order but decided to cancel. I figure now that everyone bought the repro, great condition originals will be more valuable. Second, some of CPR's colors (eg. the greens), while "original" according to the factory films, never actually looked that way on any original playfield. So the playfields look great, but don't look right to avid TAF players.
Not trying to start a debate here, I think it's great CPR made these as many TAF playfields are trashed. But if you have an original PF in great condition with maybe a couple of small flaws, I'd hang onto it.

I agree with you %100, mine is not trashed but not good either and with the right skilled restorer would blow any remake away.

#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I agree with you %100, mine is not trashed but not good either and with the right skilled restorer would blow any remake away.

Keep in mind, most playfield restorers are so busy, they normally won't do one if a repro is available.

#2073 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Wish I had the time to help you, because I would. Did mine last year (it was an "8" but I'm a bit OCD) and it came out really sweet. If you don't have mansion wear or it's minimal, you're ahead of most well-used originals. The chair hole is actually pretty easy to restore - get some quickwood, some sandpaper, and build it back up.

#2074 1 year ago

And last piece...! I think is my best piece!!

"The Family Addams Pinball Inner Front Art". Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Front%20Art.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Family Addams Pinball Inner Front Art". Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Front%20Art.%20Mikonos2.jpg

http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Front%20Art.%20Mikonos3.jpg

I hope you like!

Regards

The Family Addams Pinball Inner Front Art. Mikonos1.jpg
The Family Addams Pinball Inner Front Art. Mikonos2.jpg
The Family Addams Pinball Inner Front Art. Mikonos3.jpg

#2075 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

And last piece...! I think is my best piece!!
"The Family Addams Pinball Inner Front Art". Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Front%20Art.%20Mikonos1.jpg
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Front%20Art.%20Mikonos2.jpg
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Family%20Addams%20Pinball%20Inner%20Front%20Art.%20Mikonos3.jpg
I hope you like!
Regards

Looks awesome. Where can we buy these.

#2076 1 year ago

How would you rate this playfield? Doubting for a PF swap.

IMG_0398 (resized).JPG

IMG_0399 (resized).JPG

IMG_0397 (resized).JPG

IMG_0400 (resized).JPG

#2077 1 year ago
Quoted from sake:

Just.... go for the swap!

#2078 1 year ago
Quoted from sake:

Swap it.

#2079 1 year ago
Quoted from sake:

Since there a couple options for the swap it would go for the swap.
It would cost the same as a restoration and the inserts would be firmly glued in as they would be new.

I looked at the Mirco offering at TPF and I would say that its the best option but the CPR one is also good.

I have both now and either would be exceptional.

#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from mima:

My latest [prototype] mod. Individually painted book for the lights behind the bookcase. A couple of shades to dark, but other than that pretty sweet! #TAF

Awesome! How much?

#2081 1 year ago
Quoted from sake:

That is not a difficult restore job. The mansion is the major work there and it's become routine for many restorers. Simply involves chiseling off the mansion inserts so they are blank, sanding, applying the widely available mansion waterslide decal. There are some solid color touchups there too but no half-toning and relatively easy colors to match up. If you have no clue and don't know any decent restorers, swapping is really your only option. But that is not a $900 restore job.

#2082 1 year ago

Swapped the smoke ramp for a clear one. This are the pictures befor the job

7DA922B4-C7F3-48EE-8699-40D92CA0B21E (resized).jpeg

A10AB48F-F150-49D0-A903-A7534591A118 (resized).jpeg

CE2A506B-69E5-4186-AA18-F01472474452 (resized).jpeg

BC2A195D-A711-44E8-AD2F-381D26EB1F90 (resized).jpeg

#2083 1 year ago

And this after the job. Did take the opportunity to add an extra light under a plastic. Playfield looks more clear now and lighter.

Must admit the ramp looks more sturdy but it’s not a perfect fit. Had to wiggle a little and put some stress on it to get it screwed down

924A67F4-0321-42A3-9001-232964CEF76E (resized).jpeg

F04C169E-34BD-42E4-96A2-2F486E434EF7 (resized).jpeg

3B60DE94-F4D4-462A-AF71-C5D923B5CE11 (resized).jpeg

FC9D04BE-F4E4-455E-AF66-3113B2230261 (resized).jpeg

#2084 1 year ago

What's with all the trashy machines in the market lately being passed off for "collector quality" at ridiculous prices? I see there's also a TOTAN playfield for around $6000. Has the site been overtaken by scammers or are people really this presumptuous about their used stuff?

#2085 1 year ago
Quoted from thedoctor:

What's with all the trashy machines in the market lately being passed off for "collector quality" at ridiculous prices? I see there's also a TOTAN playfield for around $6000. Has the site been overtaken by scammers or are people really this presumptuous about their used stuff?

thedoctor see my thread below o asked this same question. I took a step back from pinball for about a year and now I can’t believe the prices. People more or less attribute it to supply being so low. Games getting bought up restored and not leaving collectors hands. It’s crazy

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-prices

#2086 1 year ago

Does anybody have an original playfield from a swap that they did or are doing that is in ok shape. I would like to buy one to restore

#2087 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Does anybody have an original playfield from a swap that they did or are doing that is in ok shape. I would like to buy one to restore

I do have one but unfortunately shipping from Brazil won't be cheap....

#2088 1 year ago

Hey all, my wife wants a Addams, so I’m looking to join the Club.

Do you all think I can find a nice shopped out TAF for around 6k? And if so could someone point me in the right direction?

I have a line on one @7k, but there’s a handful of issues (front decal has bad wrinkles, chips in the cab, scratches on the sides, cheapest LEDs, needs a shop job, Dirty) I believe should bring down the price a little... maybe I’m wrong. Lemmeknow

#2089 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Do you all think I can find a nice shopped out TAF for around 6k? And if so could someone point me in the right direction?
I have a line on one @7k, but there’s a handful of issues (front decal has bad wrinkles, chips in the cab, scratches on the sides, cheapest LEDs, needs a shop job, Dirty) I believe should bring down the price a little... maybe I’m wrong. Lemmeknow

Based on what I have been seeing I don’t think that’s going to cut it. Probably looking at 8-9k

#2090 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

$6K? Maybe 2-3 years ago? Now, no way. $6K for a basket case, MAYBE. Agree with MMR: $7K min for nicely shopped TAF if you get REALLY lucky, but more realistically, $8K+.

#2091 1 year ago

Good deal fellas, I know what to shoot for now

Thank you!

#2092 1 year ago

Just wait a while, there are some good deals that get posted once in a while. Once these clowns realize their trash machines aren't going to net $12-$14k, prices will come back to reality. There are over 20,000 of these machines. There is no reason to overpay for one.

#2093 1 year ago

From the Boston Pinball Ebay tracker:

image002 (resized).png

There have been claims that they sometimes include 'buy it now' prices that did not sell, but they claim they track successful sales. I'm not sure. One thing for sure is that Ebay pins can be expensive.

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from thedoctor:

Just wait a while, there are some good deals that get posted once in a while. Once these clowns realize their trash machines aren't going to net $12-$14k, prices will come back to reality. There are over 20,000 of these machines. There is no reason to overpay for one.

You bet! I’m certain one will pop up, I’d really love to not to have to drive too far for this one, but we will see

#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

$6K? Maybe 2-3 years ago? Now, no way. $6K for a basket case, MAYBE. Agree with MMR: $7K min for nicely shopped TAF if you get REALLY lucky, but more realistically, $8K+.

$8K? I think mine would be on a truck heading to the lone star state as we speak.

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

$8K? I think mine would be on a truck heading to the lone star state as we speak.

What condition is it in is the key?

#2097 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Exactly!

#2098 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I have had mine for about 15 years and I paid $900 for it back then. Its in really nice shape. Are they really going for $8k now? I dont think I have seen that.

#2099 1 year ago

Now that was a good investment! It really depends on the shape, if it is minty everything 100% cab in great shape, no touch ups, you could be looking at more then 8k.

#2100 1 year ago

Super excited to join this club now! I have a purchase pending... there’s no way I could afford $900 14 years ago. Times are a changin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 3376 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside