thing (resized).png
morticia (resized).jpg
lurch (resized).jpg
library (resized).jpg
gomez (resized).jpg
cousin itt (resized).jpg
fester (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 132.
#1901 6 years ago

Yes. The wooden rails that stiffen the playfield. The best way to keep a PF from warping is to have them installed.

#1902 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Yes. The wooden rails that stiffen the playfield. The best way to keep a PF from warping is to have them installed.

I'll need to see a picture of that
Both sides 2x2 a or what

#1903 6 years ago

Here’s an example from CV. Just look at your game now, the black wood rails that are on there now are very critical to the playfield and it’s stability.

C2E557BD-AFAF-4391-B6B5-85AF21EF228C (resized).jpegC2E557BD-AFAF-4391-B6B5-85AF21EF228C (resized).jpeg

#1904 6 years ago

I just bought a straight 1x2 piece of oak and attached it like this to the backside with wood screws.

20180106_102334 (resized).jpg20180106_102334 (resized).jpg

20180106_102249 (resized).jpg20180106_102249 (resized).jpg

#1905 6 years ago
Quoted from PinZig:

I just bought a straight 1x2 piece of oak and attached it like this to the backside with wood screws.

Ok I see ,
Is that screwed into existing holes I hope .

#1906 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ok I see ,
Is that screwed into existing holes I hope .

Yes... just done backwards

#1907 6 years ago

Thanks guys !
Best part of pinside is the support

#1908 6 years ago

Yup, use existing holes in pf, pre drill holes in oak and don't over tighten.

#1909 6 years ago

I bought PinGraffix pinblade side art to install on my TAF. Only problem, I can't seem to remove the two allen wrench screws that run inside the cabinet wall which connects the head to the game. Rusted shut? I'm clueless. A friend suggested using soldering iron to put in screw hole and see if it loosens what may be stopping it from turning. Did, nothing.

Both sides same thing. Any suggestions? Or am I doing something stupidly simple wrong?

#1910 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I bought PinGraffix pinblade side art to install on my TAF. Only problem, I can't seem to remove the two allen wrench screws that run inside the cabinet wall which connects the head to the game. Rusted shut? I'm clueless. A friend suggested using soldering iron to put in screw hole and see if it loosens what may be stopping it from turning. Did, nothing.
Both sides same thing. Any suggestions? Or am I doing something stupidly simple wrong?

You shouldn't have to do that
My side art which I need to install has holes pre cut .IMG_7909 (resized).JPGIMG_7909 (resized).JPG

#1911 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

One of mine was tight as ___ too. Maybe try tapping the Allen wrench with a hammer or get more leverage with a small pipe slipped over. Last resort, use a vice grip. Marco sells replacement ones, dont ask me how i know.

#1912 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

You shouldn't have to do that
My side art which I need to install has holes pre cut .

Maybe they were in a rush at Expo in Chicago with stock - mine does not have pre-cut holes.

Quoted from PinZig:

One of mine was tight as __ too. Maybe try tapping the Allen wrench with a hammer or get more leverage with a small pipe slipped over. Last resort, use a vice grip. Marco sells replacement ones, dont ask me how i know.

I'll give it a shot. Strange they are both so tight.

#1913 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Maybe they were in a rush at Expo in Chicago with stock - mine does not have pre-cut holes.

I'll give it a shot. Strange they are both so tight.

Are they reversed threaded ....possibly ????
It's been a long time since I removed any head bolts

#1914 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I don't think I have ever seen a diamond plate PF "clear" chip.
Now the diamond plate lifting is different .

Wow! You have been lucky. I would have said that a few years ago myself.

#1915 6 years ago

Our CPR playfield arrived today. Man it looks fantastic and we hope to be putting it in our machine real soon.
Has anyone retro fitted playfield slide assemblies? like this https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3161
I am hoping that they fit.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

#1916 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Has anyone retro fitted playfield slide assemblies?

I wouldn't!
They are an inch and a half off. That is the bolts the swing catch latches onto. Thus, not a perfect fit. Just stick with tilt up playfield for Addams.

#1917 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I wouldn't!
They are an inch and a half off. That is the bolts the swing catch latches onto. Thus, not a perfect fit. Just stick with tilt up playfield for Addams.

Thank you very much!

#1918 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I wouldn't!

Agree completely

1 week later
#1919 6 years ago

I'm super stoked to be a new owner of TAF, my all time favorite pin. It's in great shape other than some minor dirty edges on the mylar coating. I don't plan on any restoration in the near future (right now I just want to play it!) but I'm looking for some tips for cleaning the dirty edges or removing the mylar completely. Has anyone removed the mylar on a TAF? Is there a clear coat beneath and if so, does this reduce the risk of pulling up the paint or the inserts? It doesn't look terrible right now but I want my new baby to look perfect - maybe best not to mess with it at all?

#1920 6 years ago

Anyone interested in these battery adaptors for a single 1/2 AA lithium battery. Get rid of the Alcaline leakable batteries and just plug this adapter into your 3AA battery holder with a 1/2 AA lithium battery instead.

$10 a piece
$12 shipping (up to 5 adapter sets).

Cheers
/mima

DSC_0072.JPGDSC_0072.JPG

received_713568425508671.jpegreceived_713568425508671.jpeg

#1921 6 years ago

No interest here.

#1922 6 years ago

NVRAM or FeRAM ftw

#1923 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Anyone interested in these battery adaptors for a single 1/2 AA lithium battery. Get rid of the Alcaline leakable batteries and just plug this adapter into your 3AA battery holder with a 1/2 AA lithium battery instead.
$10 a piece
$12 shipping (up to 5 adapter sets).
Cheers
/mima

I think those are a great idea!
My nvrams dont hold the clock settings when I get power failures, typically 3 times a day here.

#1924 6 years ago

I toured the mansion and scored 360,000,000 today on my new TAF. Was pretty happy with myself until I saw somebody posted almost 4 billion on Pindigo... what the WHAT??

#1925 6 years ago
Quoted from PinDocMN:

I toured the mansion and scored 360,000,000 today on my new TAF. Was pretty happy with myself until I saw somebody posted almost 4 billion on Pindigo... what the WHAT??

Some people are really good. Others play with the glass off.

#1926 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

Others play with the glass off.

That's called the "ten fingers" technique!

#1927 6 years ago

Im sure its nothing to most.
But, my ball one record is 365 mil, only did that high once. Glass on, lol.

#1928 6 years ago

I’ve had mine a few years and would LIKE to think I’m pretty good at it, but I’ve never broken a billion. I’ve toured the mansion a couple times in 3 balls but I still can’t get Dirty Pool or the 4-way combo.

#1929 6 years ago

I have got the 4 way combo a couple times now, what is dirty pool?

#1930 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I know there's a swamp and a graveyard!

#1931 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I thought it was getting a ball into the vault when the bookcase is closed.

#1932 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It is. Happens totally by accident.

#1933 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No shit! Now I gotta take my glass off!

#1934 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No shit! Now I gotta take my glass off!

#1935 6 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Do any of you know the history of the production of this game? I recently took possession of my father's game, he bought it in 92 or 93, not exactly sure when. There was always this notion from him that it was a "prototype" addams family. I had sort of dismissed the idea, and he is no longer around to tell the story. I have been working on fixing and cleaning the game, and started playing it tonight. I realized that one of my gripes as a kid was that the mansion rooms didn't make any sense. I went online to look at pictures of other mansions, and realized my inserts are different! I have been confused for years and it wasn't my fault. None of my rooms are labeled "mamushka", thing is in the wrong place, and one insert just says "open book case". The sticker inside the coin door says date of manufacture December 5 1991. Anyone have any knowledge?

Most definitely a prototype! There was a thread here not too long ago by High_End_Pins who restored a very early prototype. I'm guessing you could glean a ton of info from that thread about what you've got. Found it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-featured-hep-restore-is-taf-prototype

Take pictures before you do a bunch of the cleaning and repairs, if any. Documentation is worth its weight in gold.

#1936 6 years ago

Can someone share a photo who has illuminated the bookcase/vault scoop with the best placement from under the playfield of the LED strip to illuminate this target area? The current placement barely worked. Thanks in advance!

FB_IMG_1516761180905 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1516761180905 (resized).jpg

#1937 6 years ago

Hello. Can someone please help.

I require a hd photo of the playfield but without glass or the distortion of a wide angled shot.... please.

So an above hd shot. A big rectangle.

I've looked online and on here but all photos are low res or distorted angles.

Can anyone help please ? (For an art project

Ps I also need a photo of the coin slot cab front and the back glass...hd...please / thanks.

#1938 6 years ago

This is what I'm doing....

If any one has a hd playfield rectanglular photo (not distorted by perspective). Happy to blog on final result it if I can get help.

Thanks

20180125_183751 (resized).jpg20180125_183751 (resized).jpg

#1939 6 years ago

I've looked for the same thing. I'd like to do a custom padded vinyl top to cover just my playfield, since it's near a window. I don't want to cover the whole pin, have it be a vinyl piece the size of the glass (maybe with magnets on the corners) a 1 image of the playfield printed on the vinyl.

#1940 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I've looked for the same thing. I'd like to do a custom padded vinyl top to cover just my playfield, since it's near a window. I don't want to cover the whole pin, have it be a vinyl piece the size of the glass (maybe with magnets on the corners) a 1 image of the playfield printed on the vinyl.

That sounds very cool. If like to see that when done.

As it's the most popular machine ever , i hope one person could help us out with a camera...

Fingers crossed!

#1941 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

IMG-20171006-WA0048 (resized).jpegIMG-20171006-WA0048 (resized).jpeg

#1942 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

Some people are really good. Others play with the glass off.

I got to thinking about this and the super high scores you see. You can change so much on when you get an extra ball that 100,000,000 on one TAF might be a low score and might be a high score on another. If you set the Extra Ball to every 10,000,000 (default is 300,000,000) for example and gave that repeat value of 5+ (just a hypothetical number) you could have scores in the billions all the time.

FWIW I have mine set to extra ball at 60,000,000 with a repeat of 3. My highest game is 1,290,000,000. I'm sure that's nothing compared to most.

#1943 6 years ago
Quoted from dharv:

I got to thinking about this and the super high scores you see. You can change so much on when you get an extra ball that 100,000,000 on one TAF might be a low score and might be a high score on another. If you set the Extra Ball to every 10,000,000 (default is 300,000,000) for example and gave that repeat value of 5+ (just a hypothetical number) you could have scores in the billions all the time.
FWIW I have mine set to extra ball at 60,000,000 with a repeat of 3. My highest game is 1,290,000,000. I'm sure that's nothing compared to most.

If I do remember I get an extra-ball at 100k... Factory settings I guess...

#1944 6 years ago

Yours inspired my idea, Alex.

#1945 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

I’ve had mine a few years and would LIKE to think I’m pretty good at it, but I’ve never broken a billion. I’ve toured the mansion a couple times in 3 balls but I still can’t get Dirty Pool or the 4-way combo.

I've had mine for 2 weeks and my wife just got Dirty Pool. She doesn't play pinball and still tends to hit both flippers at the same time. I had been reading this thread and she didn't quite understand why I was jumping up and down loosing S#$@

#1946 6 years ago
Quoted from PinDocMN:

I'm super stoked to be a new owner of TAF, my all time favorite pin. It's in great shape other than some minor dirty edges on the mylar coating. I don't plan on any restoration in the near future (right now I just want to play it!) but I'm looking for some tips for cleaning the dirty edges or removing the mylar completely. Has anyone removed the mylar on a TAF? Is there a clear coat beneath and if so, does this reduce the risk of pulling up the paint or the inserts? It doesn't look terrible right now but I want my new baby to look perfect - maybe best not to mess with it at all?

As a follow up I have been playing this thing constantly "Played it til my fingers bled" as the Bryan Adams song goes (Bryan Adams - Addams... any relation?) Needed a break so I took on the mylar stripping project. The stuff came off super easy using the freeze method with no paint or inserts coming up. Didn't even have to remove the play field and it took like 10 minutes. The problem is the stupid freaking glue everywhere. I've been working for hours trying to get it off. Tried using adhesive remover and the flour/alcohol method. Goo Gone seems to work ok - after I apply it I scrape up the crap with a credit card but is taking forever. What a pain!

1 week later
#1947 6 years ago

so i was just doing a PF swap and I got a new plastic set from Marcos but after swapping all the one i had on my old pf I am left with a whole a bunch... any clues where those go?

20180203_195106 (resized).jpg20180203_195106 (resized).jpg

#1949 6 years ago

Does someone have a count of the number and size of the hex metal spacers? The list in the manual totals 4 but there's at least 6 on the playfield. I've searched 100 different ways but haven't found any info.

Thanks in advance.

#1950 6 years ago

thanks, i assume some of the bugs would go here or there... Crazy there are so many plastics in the kits that are not used...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dawsonville, GA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Protection
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
30,000 (OBO)
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 180.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.