IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 132.
#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The optical switches go through a board under the playfield. Check the connections there as well.
Can you list out the exact switches that are out? Wondering if it follows a pattern in the matrix.

Everything else is working perfectly.

#1852 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Everything else is working perfectly.

OK. Well, let’s start by working backwards. Rule out some stuff.

On the switches that fail, do they have voltage present?

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Anyone have an issue with the ball flying off the left ramp from the upper right flipper? About half the time when I shoot a left orbit from the right flipper and try a combo from the upper right flipper it jumps off the ramp when it takes that sharp left turn.

I recently replaced the ramp with a new clear ramp and now the ball has been flying off a few times as yours. The ball is going faster now with the new ramp. I just keep playing!

#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I recently replaced the ramp with a new clear ramp and now the ball has been flying off a few times as yours. The ball is going faster now with the new ramp. I just keep playing!

Oh snap! If I could stop playing it long enough to shop it out I was going to put a new clear ramp on too. Oh well.

#1855 6 years ago

My ball flies everywhere, part of the charm of this title.

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

My ball flies everywhere, part of the charm of this title.

I always thought that too but I’ve NEVER gotten a 4-way combo. Even if it doesn’t fly off the ramp I get so pumped I choke on the Thing flipper. I’m trying I stack the deck in my favor now.

#1857 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

OK. Well, let’s start by working backwards. Rule out some stuff.
On the switches that fail, do they have voltage present?

That is a good question, I will check as soon as I have a chance.

#1858 6 years ago

Finally saved up some cash and ordered a ColorDmd LED for my game tonight.

Also I’m have a strange sound issue with my game. I’m by far not an expert at repair on the machine and I went through and reseated all the cables. Problem is the sound. All sounds and music will work upon turning on the game for about 1 minute then shut off. Something over heating? I have searched the forums and found nothing similar.

Merry Christmas!

#1859 6 years ago

Anybody able to take a quick picture of how switch 58 (right ramp exit) is supposed to be wired? Top of the playfield view.

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

right ramp exit

My switch looks old enough to vote. Opps. This is right ramp top. Where is RR exit??

IMG_5027 (resized).JPGIMG_5027 (resized).JPG
IMG_5028 (resized).JPGIMG_5028 (resized).JPG

#1861 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

My switch looks old enough to vote. Opps. This is right ramp top. Where is RR exit??

Right ramp exit is where the ball exits the ramp into the right flipper lane. Towards the bottom of the playfield, right side, on wireform

#1862 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1863 6 years ago

Found it!

IMG_5030 (resized).JPGIMG_5030 (resized).JPG
IMG_5032 (resized).JPGIMG_5032 (resized).JPG

#1864 6 years ago

Much appreciated!!!

#1865 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Much appreciated!!!

Every switch will be wired the same. Band on diode on the terminal nearest the actuator. Green in the center. Other end of diode along with white and whatever color stripe on the terminal opposite the actuator.

#1866 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Every switch will be wired the same. Band on diode on the terminal nearest the actuator. Green in the center. Other end of diode along with white and whatever color stripe on the terminal opposite the actuator.

Thanks for this. This switch was driving me crazy. I had a whole row off (wire came loose on vault), and after I found and fixed that, just switch 58 wasn't working. I secured all connections, swapped out the switch, and still nothing. Turns out, the white/grey wire feeding the plug connector under the playfield, that runs into this switch, had come loose. Secured that back, and up and running. I also just changed out my U15 sound rom (when I installed the original gold, I broke a leg off which threw an error). So, finally my Addams is credit dot free Time to celebrate with some Titos tonight!

#1867 6 years ago

Anyone here have any issues installing colordmd led into their Addams? Got mine in tonight and have no power to the display. I only own one machine so I can’t test it on another. I’m not very knowledgeable on repairing my machine at times.

902F3B6D-5751-45A0-A5A1-FB51017509F5 (resized).jpeg902F3B6D-5751-45A0-A5A1-FB51017509F5 (resized).jpeg

24C16E14-7E84-4A40-817E-B42B40416257 (resized).jpeg24C16E14-7E84-4A40-817E-B42B40416257 (resized).jpeg

30DA0CA6-1B48-48F0-B23F-B99A6CCEDCAC (resized).jpeg30DA0CA6-1B48-48F0-B23F-B99A6CCEDCAC (resized).jpeg

#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

a company in Germany or UK will mail die cut versions to you, it's been a while - I'll take a look

Thanks, fast. Please let me know.

#1869 6 years ago

Does anyone have problems with rusty/oxided balls when they get too much time standing under-the-playfield ball through? Well, I do have that trouble with my TAF so I just acquired this piece of plastic that fits right to any B/W game.

IMG_20171230_111209 (resized).jpgIMG_20171230_111209 (resized).jpg

#1870 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone have problems with rusty/oxided balls when they get too much time standing under-the-playfield ball through? Well, I do have that trouble with my TAF so I just acquired this piece of plastic that fits right to any B/W game.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=449&zenid=6662b066c8233392366cb4abd8216342

#1871 6 years ago

Are you following me pinrob? You never posted on this thread!!! Guess you're a bit jeaulos, huh? Well, mine was way cheaper!

#1872 6 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Anyone here have any issues installing colordmd led into their Addams? Got mine in tonight and have no power to the display. I only own one machine so I can’t test it on another. I’m not very knowledgeable on repairing my machine at times.

Check/replace a blown fuse at F116 (upper left corner of the power driver board).

#1873 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Check/replace a blown fuse at F116 (upper left corner of the power driver board).

Thanks will try that when I get home

#1874 6 years ago

Marco lists SilverJet as compatible with TAF even though they can become magnetized... anyone use these? Curious how many games you can get out of them before you have to replace them due to magnetism.

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Correction: that piece won't fit in TAF, it has a different kind of ball trough...

#1876 6 years ago

Do any of you know the history of the production of this game? I recently took possession of my father's game, he bought it in 92 or 93, not exactly sure when. There was always this notion from him that it was a "prototype" addams family. I had sort of dismissed the idea, and he is no longer around to tell the story. I have been working on fixing and cleaning the game, and started playing it tonight. I realized that one of my gripes as a kid was that the mansion rooms didn't make any sense. I went online to look at pictures of other mansions, and realized my inserts are different! I have been confused for years and it wasn't my fault. None of my rooms are labeled "mamushka", thing is in the wrong place, and one insert just says "open book case". The sticker inside the coin door says date of manufacture December 5 1991. Anyone have any knowledge?

IMG_3088 (resized).JPGIMG_3088 (resized).JPG

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Do any of you know the history of the production of this game? I recently took possession of my father's game, he bought it in 92 or 93, not exactly sure when. There was always this notion from him that it was a "prototype" addams family. I had sort of dismissed the idea, and he is no longer around to tell the story. I have been working on fixing and cleaning the game, and started playing it tonight. I realized that one of my gripes as a kid was that the mansion rooms didn't make any sense. I went online to look at pictures of other mansions, and realized my inserts are different! I have been confused for years and it wasn't my fault. None of my rooms are labeled "mamushka", thing is in the wrong place, and one insert just says "open book case". The sticker inside the coin door says date of manufacture December 5 1991. Anyone have any knowledge?

The Green Quick Multiball and Thing in the location you have, Millions on the diagonal is what you can see on the flyer: http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=20&picno=4096&zoom=1

#1878 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

F116 fuse was bad. Replaced and working perfect now. Thank you

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Correction: that piece won't fit in TAF, it has a different kind of ball trough...

I have this piece in my Cirqus Voltaire.

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have this piece in my Cirqus Voltaire.

I ended up installing them at my Congo and my TotAN... Does anyone know where to find a similar part for TAF? Maybe PinRob can help us?

#1881 6 years ago

Do any of you know the history of the production of this game? I recently took possession of my father's game, he bought it in 92 or 93, not exactly sure when. There was always this notion from him that it was a "prototype" addams family.

That looks to be in great shape. Apparently the G-R-E-E-D book in front of the bookcase was yellow on the prototypes as well according to this pinsider that is searching for a prototype -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-addams-family-prototype#post-2989617

#1882 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That looks to be in great shape. Apparently the G-R-E-E-D book in front of the bookcase was yellow on the prototypes as well according to this pinsider that is searching for a prototype -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-addams-family-prototype#post-2989617

Thanks! Yep, this one has the yellow book as well.

#1883 6 years ago

Yup, that’s a pre-production model. Very cool that you have it!

#1884 6 years ago

Post some more pics!!!

#1885 6 years ago

awesome!

#1886 6 years ago

Stupid question,
Did all original playfields have diamond plate ?

#1887 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Stupid question,

Yes. I believe so.

#1888 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Yes. I believe so.

Thanks

#1889 6 years ago

What would you do ?
I Recently received a Brand New CPR Playfield and its beautiful. I also have a scheduled appointment for a PF swap in a few months with our local professional guy .
Here is my problem , my current original PF is in damn good condition , really surprisingly nice, and the game plays flawlessly . Sure there are a couple little things ,mostly some diamond plate spots but that's it . I can't say 100% that it is HUO but that's the story and I'm the 3rd owner and it would appear to be true based off of condition. Honestly I can't see the original PF wearing out anytime soon (years ).

So what would you do ?

#1890 6 years ago

Keep the CPR stashed away and play your game. A swap is a lot of work and if yours is in great shape, you won’t gain a ton by doing the swap now. In time it may make more sense to do it.

My TAF was trashed so the swap changed the game in every way so it made sense. I just did a swap on a CV that was in very good shape. It’s ceetainly much better now and collector quality, but it didn’t improve as much as my TAF did.

#1891 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Keep the CPR stashed away and play your game. A swap is a lot of work and if yours is in great shape, you won’t gain a ton by doing the swap now. In time it may make more sense to do it.
My TAF was trashed so the swap changed the game in every way so it made sense. I just did a swap on a CV that was in very good shape. It’s ceetainly much better now and collector quality, but it didn’t improve as much as my TAF did.

Very good points ....
But it's a Brand New CPR PF !

#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Very good points ....
But it's a Brand New CPR PF !

And it will be brand new in a couple of years of store right.

#1893 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Honestly I can't see the original PF wearing out anytime soon (years ).

So what would you do ?

I would keep the original in the game and save the CPR. I ordered a CPR but restored my original myself and decided to use that in my game because it's a) an Original b) in mint condition c) has none of the "oops" issues some CPRs have d) has the colors (notably the green) everyone is used to seeing over the last 25 years.

CPR playfields are very obvious and look different than the TAF playfields everyone is used to. CPR used the proper WMS colors but since those were not actually used in most of the playfields in the wild, they will look "off" to many.

#1894 6 years ago

What is the best way to store a New CC playfield ?
I have heard several ways .
Flat vs On the wall
Any opinions ?

#1895 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What is the best way to store a New CC playfield ?
I have heard several ways .
Flat vs On the wall
Any opinions ?

Flat with side rails on.

#1896 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Stupid question,

No, not all of them. Most yes. In my opinion, diamond plate is more vulnerable to the clear chipping.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1897 6 years ago

TAF currently on its way to my place, should arrive sometime this week. Super excited, but it's going to need some work!

#1898 6 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Just wanted to say thank you for these pictures. Just put a LED ColorDMD in my TAF, which had an LCD. Couldn't remember what went where when putting the Thing PCB back on. These pictures helped immensely.

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No, not all of them. Most yes. In my opinion, diamond plate is more vulnerable to the clear chipping.

I don't think I have ever seen a diamond plate PF "clear" chip.
Now the diamond plate lifting is different .

#1900 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Flat with side rails on.

Side rails ???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

16,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/38?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.