IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 132.
#1751 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Order placed, gentlemen (& ladies?). It won't let me send a group PM, so I'll post the initial info here, and then contact you individually, once the shipment arrives.
Shipping for 13 bookcase pads (the above list, plus 2 for me) was the same without the 9 ramp pads as it was with: $38.37. So the easiest way to split the cost is for each of us just pay $2.95 shipping per bookcase pad. The exchange rate shifted in our favor since my original post, as the bookcase pad cost was $3.60 each, instead of $3.96. 1" square pads were $1.40 each. Once the items arrive, PM me your address, and I'll let you know the total, with shipping from me to you. Anyone NOT have PayPal or Venmo?
Pre-shipping to you totals:
Johnny Phantom - $13.11
golfingdad1 - $9.35
poffenroth - $6.55
LitzDoc - $15.91
ForceFlow - $10.75
BR80 - $6.55
pinballinreno - $15.91
jimmyb - $6.55
Please check my math, folks.
Cheers,
Vaughn

Well shipping from Australia was faster than I thought. The bookcase/ramp bumper pads are here. If your name is in the list above, please PM me your address so I can calculate shipping to you.

Cheers,
Vaughn

#1752 6 years ago

Hey guys my taf is finally working . An awesome pinball tech came and found a couple wires that weren’t connected. Other than some static from right speaker everything is running great. I haven’t played the game in years but the music sounds different to me. It doesn’t sound “original”. Are there like different music chips or something ?

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my taf is finally working . An awesome pinball tech came and found a couple wires that weren’t connected. Other than some static from right speaker everything is running great. I haven’t played the game in years but the music sounds different to me. It doesn’t sound “original”. Are there like different music chips or something ?

Hey, how about posting a video?

#1754 6 years ago

A little help fellow TAF owners. When I purchased my TAF it was missing the thing eject solenoid and bracket. I ordered the bracket from Australia (thanks previous blog) and the solenoid from Marco. The book calls for an AE-30-2000 and the Marco coil received had the same part number on the tag, however, after installation the coil isn't strong enough to get the ball out of the hole. It's making contact and moving it. I have tried changing the angle a bit with spacers to get the shaft more lined up with the bottom of the ball but no luck. Any ideas? Could someone also send a picture of the outhole and shaft with a ball sitting in so I can see where exactly it's supposed to hit?

#1755 6 years ago
Quoted from mikusm:

A little help fellow TAF owners. When I purchased my TAF it was missing the thing eject solenoid and bracket. I ordered the bracket from Australia (thanks previous blog) and the solenoid from Marco. The book calls for an AE-30-2000 and the Marco coil received had the same part number on the tag, however, after installation the coil isn't strong enough to get the ball out of the hole. It's making contact and moving it. I have tried changing the angle a bit with spacers to get the shaft more lined up with the bottom of the ball but no luck. Any ideas? Could someone also send a picture of the outhole and shaft with a ball sitting in so I can see where exactly it's supposed to hit?

Can you please start with some pictures of yours?

#1756 6 years ago
Quoted from mikusm:

Did you install a coil sleeve in solinoid? Is there a spring on the metal shaft?
And to clarify, your talking the coil down at the thing big metal box?

#1757 6 years ago

So I just ordered a new speaker panel, since mine was a little scratched, and I'm about to install this:

I found one on http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au. With shipping, it was only $87, because of the exchange rate. Best price I've found, by far. I also ordered a clear ramp, since that was only $111 shipped... With our recent group purchase, it seems I'm down under pinball's best customer... Hmmm... What else do I "need" that takes advantage of the great exchange rate??

#1758 6 years ago

Coil Sleeve and spring installed. Yes, located by the thing box. Here are some pics.

IMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPG

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG

IMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPG

IMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPG

#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

So I just ordered a new speaker panel, since mine was a little scratched, and I'm about to install this:
» YouTube video
I found one on http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au. With shipping, it was only $87, because of the exchange rate. Best price I've found, by far. I also ordered a clear ramp, since that was only $111 shipped... With our recent group purchase, it seems I'm down under pinball's best customer... Hmmm... What else do I "need" that takes advantage of the great exchange rate??

Curious about the sound on this video.... it seems clearer, with a better eq than mine... does anyone know if it's a new pinsound mix, or maybe I need to have sthg adjusted on my speakers?

#1760 6 years ago

I have an issue with my TAF. Thing doesnt work corectly anymore.
The issue appears to be mechanical. The hand will come out of box. However the lid of the box seems to stick on hand, and not allow the box to close.

I did the initial google searches but have come up crickets. Probably because I'm having issues with proper search terms.

Is this a fairly common TAF issue? Any suggestions or previous post anyone can think of?

#1761 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

However the lid of the box seems to stick on hand, and not allow the box to close.

Does the box open and close freely if you take the glass off and open it by hand?

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I have an issue with my TAF. Thing doesnt work corectly anymore.
The issue appears to be mechanical. The hand will come out of box. However the lid of the box seems to stick on hand, and not allow the box to close.
I did the initial google searches but have come up crickets. Probably because I'm having issues with proper search terms.
Is this a fairly common TAF issue? Any suggestions or previous post anyone can think of?

I can't say I have had this happen to me, but get the glass off and get back there to have a look, must be something that came loose.

#1763 6 years ago

Thanks for direction. i got in there and had to align hand manually. game is working great now!

#1764 6 years ago

OT: Theeeeee Maaamuskha!

IMG_20171115_144020 (resized).jpgIMG_20171115_144020 (resized).jpg

#1765 6 years ago

Hi all,

Im having an issue with my Thing kickout coil. Can anyone on here tell me, does the coil on your thing kickout have a diode attached to the coil?
The coil would be AE-23-800. I just replaced the coil in my TAF, and the old one does not have a coil. on the schematic in the TAF manual a diode is listed as being installed on that coil. I have the correct diode, I just dont know if the grey band should be on the right or left side of the coil.

Thanks!!

#1766 6 years ago
Quoted from SkillshotExhibit:

Hi all,
Im having an issue with my Thing kickout coil. Can anyone on here tell me, does the coil on your thing kickout have a diode attached to the coil?
The coil would be AE-23-800. I just replaced the coil in my TAF, and the old one does not have a coil. on the schematic in the TAF manual a diode is listed as being installed on that coil. I have the correct diode, I just dont know if the grey band should be on the right or left side of the coil.
Thanks!!

Commented in your thread - no diode.

#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Commented in your thread - no diode.

#1768 6 years ago

Back in the club! Huge thanks to PinWillie for the trade!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_4606.jpgIMG_4606.jpg

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

Have not been able to find these flipper rubbers anywhere; I know the manual calls for "Red", but the original flipper rubbers matched the Addams Family logo at the bottom and were more of a reddish-purple or maroon. Do they just not make this color anymore?

I have been thinking about this and searching since reading your post. Many vendors have pink/purple rings, but not the color shown in your photo.

I noticed at the FPF show that TNA has the exact same raspberry colored rings as shown in your photo. I was told Pinball Life sells silicon flipper rubber in that color. Follow up with them and let us know. They supply the parts for TNA.

TNA_playfield (resized).jpgTNA_playfield (resized).jpg

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

WELCOME BACK!

#1771 6 years ago

Thanks Eric! Super happy to be back!

I hope all is well!

Rob

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

And a fellow member of the RAIDERNATION!

20160126_091801 (resized).jpg20160126_091801 (resized).jpg

#1773 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Thanks Eric! Super happy to be back!
I hope all is well!
Rob

Rob- Thanks, best to you and family.
This weekend lets all be Thankful we have Addams to join us at the table.
WELCOME Honored Guests!

#1774 6 years ago

Ok, fellas. I've officially made it my goal to be an actual member of this club by the end of 2018 (I'm on a super tight pin budget at the moment...).
I was just wondering - would anyone be able to supply me with even a low-res scan of the playfield (not photos, scan)? I have a digital version of the playfield in high-res that I've made myself, but it's based off photos so I have no guarantee that the layout is perfect (due to the fact that photos always have a perspective bias). Having done my best to try and get everything right, I wish I could get my hands on a scan so that I could corroborate my version with it.
Alternatively, would anyone be kind enough to make a few measurements on their playfield that would potentially allow me to amend my version?

#1775 6 years ago

So.... Yeah...

Not exactly sure what's going on here... It wasn't to mount the speakers! WTF???

Anyone have a decent used speaker panel they don't need?

Thanks!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_4621 (resized).jpgIMG_4621 (resized).jpg

IMG_4619 (resized).jpgIMG_4619 (resized).jpg

IMG_4622 (resized).jpgIMG_4622 (resized).jpg

IMG_4624 (resized).jpgIMG_4624 (resized).jpg

#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

So.... Yeah...
Not exactly sure what's going on here... It wasn't to mount the speakers! WTF???
Thanks!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

I think I would try to touch that up before getting a new one. Fill in the holes and get some Createx black and white paint to touch up.

#1777 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

So.... Yeah...
Thanks!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

I do have a spare NOS, but unfortunately shipping from brazil ain't that cheap...

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

So.... Yeah...
Thanks!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

New one here, if you can't find a used one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01026-the-addams-family-taf-speaker-plastic-

#1779 6 years ago

Just picked up a TAF in my collection a week ago! Love this game! I threw a pinball pro sound system in it and now the speaker panel rattles like hell. Anybody have a good permanent fix to stop the rattle on the speaker insert?

#1780 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Just picked up a TAF in my collection a week ago! Love this game! I threw a pinball pro sound system in it and now the speaker panel rattles like hell. Anybody have a good permanent fix to stop the rattle on the speaker insert?

I have used a few dabs of hot glue spread around the panel to solve the issue on some pins I've owned. I'm sure there are other options but that worked for me.

#1781 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

So.... Yeah...
Thanks!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

I have one I may be willing to part with.

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Funny, as that was the first thing I suspected when the guy above posted the photo with all those screws around the speakers. lol
Mine rattles as well, during Showtime mostly.
I took some small strips of cardboard like you would find on the back of any notepad and tucked them down in the bottom between the panel and the game head.
Worked for me, but I suppose it all depends on what part is rattling.

#1783 6 years ago

Anyone know the part number or specs for the white rubber rings double stacked behind the bookcase? Had one break the other day. I'd like to place the order this afternoon, but I'm at work, so I can't measure the ring.

Edit:
Never mind. I found an Operations Manual online:

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/20/Bally_1992_The_Addams_Family_Manual.pdf

Looks like it's Williams 23-6301. I thought it would be a larger ID than 3/4".

#1784 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I have one I may be willing to part with.

PM sent

#1785 6 years ago

Our new Addams is cleaned up, black armor installed and is now looking and playing fresh in the lineup!

IMG_4644 (resized).jpgIMG_4644 (resized).jpg

IMG_4642 (resized).jpgIMG_4642 (resized).jpg

IMG_4630 (resized).jpgIMG_4630 (resized).jpg

#1786 6 years ago

Super line up.

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I have used a few dabs of hot glue spread around the panel to solve the issue on some pins I've owned. I'm sure there are other options but that worked for me.

The rattle is the metal speaker grill that is staples on to the board it has a sizzle to it when the bass hits!

#1788 6 years ago

So, my game has been running great with little to no issues. Today however my son and I were playing a game and Thing's hand came out and picked up the ball and then it went back inside it's box. That was the last we saw of Thing!

Thing stopped coming out and motor is not operating. There is no voltage at the motor when I put it running in test mode like there is with the bookcase motor. I have double checked the connections on the small board, made sure everything is plugged in correctly, wiggled connections but I can't get Thing's motor to move because of the missing voltage.

Any suggestions? I have researched this and see I'm not the only one to have this problem, but none of the threads I reviewed have a follow up from the owner to say what did and didn't work. Maybe someone here has a fix!

***UPDATE*** I did a continuity check and sure enough there is a break somewhere and I think it's in the 4 pin connector. More to come...

***UPDATE II*** New connectors installed. I also re-punched the connectors that go to the small power boards. All is well again!

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#1789 6 years ago

My latest upgrade... finally!!!

IMG_20171127_202939 (resized).jpgIMG_20171127_202939 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171127_200135 (resized).jpgIMG_20171127_200135 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171127_200037 (resized).jpgIMG_20171127_200037 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171127_200024 (resized).jpgIMG_20171127_200024 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171127_200017 (resized).jpgIMG_20171127_200017 (resized).jpg

#1790 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I see COLORDMD!
Nice job Alex.

#1791 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I see COLORDMD!
Nice job Alex.

Thanks bro! It really is awesome!

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Our new Addams is cleaned up, black armor installed and is now looking and playing fresh in the lineup!

Where did you get the black armor? love it.

#1793 6 years ago

Question????
Is there a ball save on TAF? Can't seem to find it?

#1794 6 years ago

no ball save

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I like the painted electric chair.

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

AWESOME!! That's on the list, just have to figure out how to hide it from my wife... Did you go with the LED or LCD?

#1797 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Question????
Is there a ball save on TAF? Can't seem to find it?

Only if you lose the ball without scoring any points, which is very rare.

#1798 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

AWESOME!! That's on the list, just have to figure out how to hide it from my wife... Did you go with the LED or LCD?

LED!

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Thanks! We really like it too!

I bought two sets on eBay a couple of years ago. Simple powder coat job. I installed one set on my Bram Stoker's Dracula and saved the other for whenever I got an Addams!

#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I like the painted electric chair.

Thanks! Silver and black paint markers did a great job!

IMG_4636.JPGIMG_4636.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,159.00
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/36?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.