By mima

3 years ago

Stats

• 1,769 posts
  • 255 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 561 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160126_091801 (resized).jpg
TNA_playfield (resized).jpg
IMG_4606.jpg
IMG_20171115_144020 (resized).jpg
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
66EA8386-6E40-4D2F-96F0-DF61BAF9ABE9 (resized).jpeg
8D2C0C36-9C3F-43A0-B770-38185E70EF07 (resized).jpeg
1A2D8F13-8F79-4D81-A0FB-E7E4CE07C212 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171025_173833 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171025_173810 (resized).jpg
IMG_0341 (resized).JPG

There are 1769 posts in topic. You are on page 32 of 36.
#1551 4 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Yes, the trick is to mount the LCD screen higher than normal. This allows clearance for the original THING light board. Then you just go into the ColorDMD settings and move the screen area down so it fits properly into the backbox screen opening. Good to go. This is how ColorDMD told me to do it. Works perfectly.

Wow, that must be new advice. That sounds way easier than what I did, using instructions that are still on colordmd.com!

http://colordmd.com/Light%20Board%20Mod%20TAF%20and%20DW.pdf

#1552 4 months ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm just saying that as the LED version fits exactly like the original dmd, you don't need to go through all that mounting hassle, or did I miss something here?

It's not a hassle. Instead of mounting it in one set of holes, you use another set. The installation is exactly the same. If you're buying an LED aftermarket solution, sure you can do that, but you're spending money you don't have to spend.

Edit: My bad....didn't realize you were referring to the newer LED version of ColorDMD. That will work fine. No hacks or alternative mounting needed. But if you have the LCD version, it can still work too.

Quoted from floyd1977:

Wow, that must be new advice. That sounds way easier than what I did, using instructions that are still on colordmd.com!

Oh yeah it is. I remember when that was the only way to do it. I actually got the new instructions from Herg himself when I emailed him to ask if there was any other way to do it other than that insane soldering hack or just living with the dull screen-lit version. He replied in a kind of "you know what?" manner that sounded like he just realized the original parts can work if you just mount it differently. Send him an email...I tried to find the convo we had on this but came up short.

#1553 4 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

It's not a hassle. Instead of mounting it in one set of holes, you use another set. The installation is exactly the same. If you're buying an LED aftermarket solution, sure you can do that, but you're spending money you don't have to spend.

http://www.colordmd.com/led.html
http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-addams-family-pinball-machine/

Added 119 days ago: "... benefits from the small form factor of the new ColorDMD LED display introduced last year. These displays use a matrix of 128x32 discrete RGB LEDs and occupy a similar space as original plasma DMDs."

1 week later
#1554 3 months ago

This question appears on Pinside about once a year but none of the previously mentioned suppliers carry it in stock.....

Any idea where to get the bookcase blue rubber piece? Mine has a small chunk missing on the left. It's part 23-6674.

Anyone?

#1555 3 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

This question appears on Pinside about once a year but none of the previously mentioned suppliers carry it in stock.....
Any idea where to get the bookcase blue rubber piece? Mine has a small chunk missing on the left. It's part 23-6674.
Anyone?

Pinball Spare Parts in Australlia has it. I need one, want to split shipping

#1556 3 months ago

Couldn't find it on their website. You sure?

#1557 3 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Couldn't find it on their website. You sure?

Sorry about that - right country, wrong vendor:

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/rubber-bumper-pads-3-3-x-1-23-used-on-taf/

#1558 3 months ago

I'm going to reach out to two more sources here in the states and if no go, I might consider buying 5 of them or so to get the cost/per down and then see if anyone on here wants one. If I buy 5 they would be about $10/ea shipped.

#1559 3 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I'm going to reach out to two more sources here in the states and if no go, I might consider buying 5 of them or so to get the cost/per down and then see if anyone on here wants one. If I buy 5 they would be about $10/ea shipped.

Count me in for 2. Thanks for doing this!

#1560 3 months ago

OK - all my sources are months, maybe a year away from having these produced. Will place an order today for 5. If mschonbrun is in for 2 that means I have two more left - first replies get em.

-Greg

#1561 3 months ago

I'll take one!

Just make sure they're the right material. They're supposed to be more of a soft rubber as they are meant to absorb impact, unlike the regular rubber where they would just bounce off.

#1562 3 months ago

Greg,
I'll take one! Thanks for doing the legwork on this.

#1563 3 months ago

I need a set of playfield lamp boards and a wire ramp for a project game. Anyone?

#1564 3 months ago

OK I'll let you guys know what the blue rubber thingies come in.

In other news, I just finished testing on Mantis' brand new stainless steel swamp replacement with the built in accelerator ramp. The small lift prevents the ball from hanging behind the kickout and the stainless steel construction means it won't get dented over time.

Pretty sure the official announcement and pricing will be on Mantis' facebook page as soon as it's ready for sale - https://www.facebook.com/mantispinball/

IMG_20170805_144755 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170805_144809 (resized).jpg

#1565 3 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

In other news, I just finished testing on Mantis' brand new stainless steel swamp replacement with the built in accelerator ramp. The small lift prevents the ball from hanging behind the kickout and the stainless steel construction means it won't get dented over time.
Pretty sure the official announcement and pricing will be on Mantis' facebook page as soon as it's ready for sale - https://www.facebook.com/mantispinball/

Nice!

#1566 3 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

OK I'll let you guys know what the blue rubber thingies come in.

Those are some very poor welds.

#1567 3 months ago

Edit..

#1568 3 months ago
Quoted from slvrballer:

I cant say that the welds are poor without looking at it closely, maybe the weld just isnt buffed off.

#1569 3 months ago
Quoted from slvrballer:

Probably a prototype for testing. Everyone’s a critic...

#1570 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I cant say that the welds are poor without looking at it closely, maybe the weld just isnt buffed off.

The image posted is 2,048px × 1,536px zoom in its very obvious.

#1571 3 months ago
Quoted from slvrballer:

The image posted is 2,048px × 1,536px zoom in its very obvious.

Thats a proto. Finished project will be all press bent to form, no welds.

#1572 3 months ago

It's the prototype. I'm fine with it. The welded corner is not visible to the player.

#1573 3 months ago

I'm happy with anything that solves the problem. Can't wait to get one

#1574 3 months ago

Would anyone be able to do me a huge favor and post a pic of the wire connections for the first two GRave targets ? Had a couple of wires come loose and it's not obvious to me where they went. Thanks so much.

#1575 3 months ago

Maaaaaaamuuschaaa!!!!

IMG_20170807_134016 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170806_222134 (resized).jpg

#1576 3 months ago

Kerry said new stainless steel swamp bracket for TAF is now online for sale but he will be posting a discount code for it on the Mantis Facebook page at some point tomorrow - https://www.facebook.com/mantispinball/

Part is here - https://mantispinball.com/product/the-addams-family-swamp-bracket/

#1577 3 months ago

My Uncle Fester mod keeps wanting to fall out of his chair. Tried double stick tape and hot glue. Any tips?

#1578 3 months ago
Quoted from mjenison:

My Uncle Fester mod keeps wanting to fall out of his chair. Tried double stick tape and hot glue. Any tips?

Velcro, works great. He moves every once in awhile, but no big deal. Gives you a reason to wipe playfield down.

#1579 3 months ago

The same double sided tape that you secure rails with is strong enough to hold it well.

#1580 3 months ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Earthquake putty.

RussM

#1581 3 months ago

What do you guys think of these alternate cabinet decals from RetroRefurbs?

addams-family-blood-red-edition-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art (resized).jpg

#1582 3 months ago

If you're going alt on the decals, I like the all silver. I prefer the original blue over the alts though, it's a very signature look for TAF.

#1583 3 months ago

agreed

#1584 3 months ago

I wonder if you guys have this switch plastic cover on your ramps....

Mine ain't got...

437bba9e37dd0b973dd0a8d12528f0c44478f6cd (resized).jpg

#1585 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Mine ain't got...

Yes, it's original to the game but many times when the ramps are replaced with clear ones people don't spend the extra money to purchase a new clear cover. It's just to stop ball traps up there, not absolutly necessary in a home environment if you don't want it. If you do, Marco has it.

#1586 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I don't care for them much, do they offer any other variants ?

#1587 3 months ago

Does anyone have an extra (or not), TAF flyer and would be willing to part way with? I want one for myself!

#1588 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Mine ain't got...

Yes. It’s original to the game.

#1589 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I think that red looks horrible. It's not Dracula.

#1590 3 months ago

I unboxed my clear ramp from Starship Fantasy. This is packed really well! The thick plastic feels very solid. I also did not expect the lamp sockets.

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#1591 3 months ago

You will love the clear ramp.
Put mine in over a year ago.
Really clears up a large area of the game.
Also after I did a complete playfield tear down and rebuild of my flippers, the ball would sail off the smoky ramp a lot.
After installing the clear one the ball has not flown off once. Very solid ramp.

#1592 3 months ago

I'm interested to see how much it brightens up the playfield. I'm going to change the cemetery rings and install an LED in the rearmost bumper while I have that area apart.

#1593 3 months ago

The clear ramp made a huge difference in my game. It’s still a little dark back there, but not terribly.

#1594 3 months ago

I got the unobtainable bookcase rubber pads in over the weekend from Mr. Pinball. I've contacted via PM those who expressed interest back when I said I'd order them. If I have any left over, I'll post here.

IMG_20170821_101730 (resized).jpg

#1595 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone have an extra (or not), TAF flyer and would be willing to part way with? I want one for myself!

Bump!

#1596 3 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I got the unobtainable bookcase rubber pads in over the weekend from Mr. Pinball. I've contacted via PM those who expressed interest back when I said I'd order them. If I have any left over, I'll post here.

If you have one left over, I would like it!

#1597 3 months ago

huh.... me too!

#1598 3 months ago

I feel bad guys. When I originally posted asking for interest, only 3 or 4 people said anything. So I ordered 5. I got about 12 PMs today from people who didn't originally show interest. Bummer....I would have ordered more if I knew. Very sorry to anyone that missed the initial msg.

#1599 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Let me try another approach...
Would someone be kind enough to send me a hi-res scan of the flyer?

#1600 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

BAM will sell you one for $10:

https://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FLY-0254

EDIT -- oops that says out of stock.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Displays
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 58.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 63.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 989.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 1,089.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 59.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Sale Pending!
Lenhartsville, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York City, NEW YORK
There are 1769 posts in topic. You are on page 32 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside