thing (resized).png
morticia (resized).jpg
lurch (resized).jpg
library (resized).jpg
gomez (resized).jpg
cousin itt (resized).jpg
fester (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 132.
#1501 6 years ago

Bronty,my TAFG did the same thing yours is doing! My problem was the "Thing"box itself! It is so used,it didn't let the hand line up properly! Marco,$50.00! Also I had installed the "Pinovators"headphone mod,and tried to install the Sound board from "Pinsound"\ they are NOT compatible!Pinovators is the best headphone mod made,and I have them in most of my pins! Pinsound ,is also awesome and has a headphone jack,but no control on sound level,or mute! So you have to chooze 1!!

#1502 6 years ago

It's definitely hard to see the alignment of the thing box when installed into the cabinet. I did all of my alignment when it was on the rotisserie. I agree that checking the balls/replacing them and removing the thing cover and making sure it's aligned with the scoop weldment is the right next steps.

Marc

#1503 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

I have been using these from Marco's

Those work fine in my TZ and LOTR, which have magnets. (still shopping out my TAF project so I can't speak for that)

You would know if they are magnetized by setting them next to each other. Do they stick together at all?

#1504 6 years ago

It's actually skillshot that was having the box issue, I was just asking a desperate question about the balls to use I will check if they are sticking but I don't think so as I just swapped mine out.

Can I ask the braintrust another separate question?

What should the electric chair kick out act like on a well functioning TAF? I am rarely able to trap the kick out on my left flipper. If I leave the flipper alone, it will hop over to the right where I can trap it.

The bear kick ramp seems very difficult from the right flipper. Since I can rarely trap on the left, and since I don't have enough power on the right, I find bear kicks fairly hard to come by. Is it supposed to be like that? I am a fairly novice player, but still. I am wondering if I need to do a flipper rebuild or if I have a levelling issue or something else that's causing this or if it's by design.

I'll YouTube how to check and adjust levelling but if anyone has comments on the rest it would be most appreciated .

#1505 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Those work fine in my TZ and LOTR, which have magnets. (still shopping out my TAF project so I can't speak for that)
You would know if they are magnetized by setting them next to each other. Do they stick together at all?

I never played TZ growing up but played one for the first time the other day and kinda fell in love with it. I have heard it can be a tough one for maintenance. What has your experience been?

#1506 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

I have heard TZ can be a tough one for maintenance. What has your experience been?

It has a lot of pieces, but it's not too hard to work on. The clock is the weak link, but there is a solid replacement board available. Mine has been reliable since I shopped it a year and a half ago.

You should be able to hit a trapped ball up the ramp from the right flipper. Seems like it needs looking at.

#1507 6 years ago

Thanks!

#1508 6 years ago
#1509 6 years ago

I'm gonna try printing this for my TAF some department someplace at my work has a 3D printer, gotta sweet talk my way in there to get this

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2330142/apps/print/#apps

#1510 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPhantom:

I'm gonna try printing this for my TAF some department someplace at my work has a 3D printer, gotta sweet talk my way in there to get this
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2330142/apps/print/#apps

Cool!

#1511 6 years ago

Damn. Wish I saw this, just last week paid the $29... This would have worked fine.

#1512 6 years ago

Bronty,you should be able to hit the bear ramp from both flippers! I agree,the right flipper on mine is harder,so you give it a good nudge when you flip,and if your aim is good,it will go all the way around!

#1513 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Bronty,you should be able to hit the bear ramp from both flippers! I agree,the right flipper on mine is harder,so you give it a good nudge when you flip,and if your aim is good,it will go all the way around!

Nudge? Eek!! I'm a nudgin'! (Nudge virgin).

#1514 6 years ago

I'll give it a try, but you're going to have to buy me that diamond bracelet I told you about first.

#1515 6 years ago

Currently printing

1500579221230165965838 (resized).jpg1500579221230165965838 (resized).jpg

#1516 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

I never played TZ growing up but played one for the first time the other day and kinda fell in love with it. I have heard it can be a tough one for maintenance. What has your experience been?

TZ was my first or second pin 5 years ago. I bought it once had no problems sold after a year then missed it and bought it 6 months later. The first one had a few problems here and there. Not too bad. I think if you get a good example that has been taken care of you will have no more problems than and older Williams pin. TZ is the best pin IMO. It never gets old for me.

#1517 6 years ago

TAF owners. I just bought a stock CQ TAF. It has the color DMD.
Can you all advise me on the must have mods please. I know I should get Uncle Fester and put LEDs in it. Anything else?

Thanks.

#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Can you all advise me on the must have mods please.

I'm removing some wack mods from my project that a previous owner installed.

TAF looks cool with minimal toys. IMHO

Fester, rocks decals for bookcase base, and book for bookcase shot are nice.

#1519 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Can you all advise me on the must have mods please. I know I should get Uncle Fester and put LEDs in it. Anything else?
Thanks.

The Color DMD is almost a must have adds quite a bit to the game.
LEDS
Uncle Lester
Fuse the Magnets

#1520 6 years ago

"stock" is beautiful - but I do have a spot light because it is so dark (even when LEDed), the book mod, Mantis protector, magnet fuse(s), off board battery, and a Lester (from Italy if I remember correctly).

#1521 6 years ago

Print job finished, but looks like the printer was misaligned at the last 5 minutes took like a hour and a half to print

20170720_163726 (resized).jpg20170720_163726 (resized).jpg

20170720_163729 (resized).jpg20170720_163729 (resized).jpg

20170720_163816 (resized).jpg20170720_163816 (resized).jpg

#1522 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

TZ was my first or second pin 5 years ago. I bought it once had no problems sold after a year then missed it and bought it 6 months later. The first one had a few problems here and there. Not too bad. I think if you get a good example that has been taken care of you will have no more problems than and older Williams pin. TZ is the best pin IMO. It never gets old for me.

thank you

#1523 6 years ago

Print job finished, but looks like the printer was misaligned at the last 5 minutes took like a hour and a half to print

Please, report back after the test in the machine!

#1524 6 years ago

Im lost what is it?

Quoted from JohnnyPhantom:Print job finished, but looks like the printer was misaligned at the last 5 minutes took like a hour and a half to print

#1525 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im lost what is it?

Somebody's new version of a "Swamp Accelerator". A machine that's properly leveled will always drain the swamp properly, but it can be a bit slow for some people. These accelerators shorten that time. Any angled piece of just about any kind of material will work in there, honestly. Just don't block the exits and you're good.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1526 6 years ago

did a re-print and it came out great! The issue was at the last 5 minutes I closed the door, and i guess the temperature change messed up the belt. If anyone wants the first one (which should still work, id imagine, but I make no claims and can't test for some unforeseeable future (I'll get into why later)) It's their's, just pay shipping ^-^, shoot me a PM

#1527 6 years ago

15006515552341160363084 (resized).jpg15006515552341160363084 (resized).jpg

#1528 6 years ago

PM sent

Did you already try on the machine? Does it work like you expected?

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

PM sent
Did you already try on the machine? Does it work like you expected?

I have not/can't test it just yet, it'll be a while before I can

#1530 6 years ago

So weird...just came to this thread to let you all know I'm beta testing Mantis' new swamp bottom piece that includes a built in accelerator. Basically it replaces the original metal swamp bottom with a more rigid stainless steel version (as Mantis does with many replacement OEM parts) but has a ramp built in, it's all one piece. Not trying to steal your thunder Phantom (hey look, we're both in RI!) but anyone who has a dented Swamp bottom or wants a (likely much more expensive) full replacement with an accelerator built in, it's coming soon. I'm just putting my TAF back together after a full restore and testing the new swamp bottom functionality. If all goes well it will be on sale at Mantis pretty soon. Phantom's quick solution looks like a good deal if it's priced right. Nice work on that.

#1531 6 years ago

My TAF is in the shop for resto. Wondering if there is a clear poly ring kit out there- I'm guessing this would be a great choice- to brighten the game up, and overall look? The only exceptions are the flipper rubbers- I'm going with titan black on the main 3 and superband red on the mini.

#1532 6 years ago

I joined the TAF club today. I'm very excited. Bone stock pinball machine.
I will add some LEDs this week and a few tasteful mods but that's it.

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG

#1533 6 years ago

Hey look everyone, we have guests!

IMG_20170722_194436 (resized).jpgIMG_20170722_194436 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170722_194758 (resized).jpgIMG_20170722_194758 (resized).jpg

#1534 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Looks fully restored if the cab is any indication.

#1535 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Welcome Honored Guests.

#1536 6 years ago

I'm putting in a new clear ramp from Starship Fantasy. How much better do these look compared to the original smoked ramp? I hate the smoked appearance, it always looks dirty. Also do the decals come pre-applied?

#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm putting in a new clear ramp from Starship Fantasy. How much better do these look compared to the original smoked ramp? I hate the smoked appearance, it always looks dirty. Also do the decals come pre-applied?

I prefer how it lightens up the pf. The decals have to be applied. I believe the cheapest place I found was BAA when I bought mine a month ago.

#1538 6 years ago

They have it for $147 but it's out of stock along with the smoked one. With Starship's being $154 it's not far off. Marco wants $175 which is just stupid. At least Starship advertises thicker plastic.

#1539 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

They have it for $147 but it's out of stock along with the smoked one. With Starship's being $154 it's not far off. Marco wants $175 which is just stupid. At least Starship advertises thicker plastic.

Is it licensed? Anyone have one from them? Any fitment issues by chance due to the thicker plastic?

#1540 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Thanks.

How is your 'Thing Light Board' hooked up with the ColorDMD? Is there enough room for both?
If not, GoodToBeDad has a great slim LED board for sale. Just got one and makes for a perfect fit.
http://pin-mods.com/product/taf-thing-light-board/
TAF1 (resized).jpgTAF1 (resized).jpg
TAF2.jpgTAF2.jpg

#1542 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Is it licensed? Anyone have one from them? Any fitment issues by chance due to the thicker plastic?

The diverter channel wasn’t deep enough for my game. Was an easy fix; the fitment was otherwise perfect

#1543 6 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

How is your 'Thing Light Board' hooked up with the ColorDMD? Is there enough room for both?
If not, goodtobedad has a great slim LED board for sale. Just got one and makes for a perfect fit.
http://pin-mods.com/product/taf-thing-light-board/

Been a while since I installed one on a TAF but I believe that the color DMD LCD SCRERN emulates the thing board with the lower section of the screen. The existing thing board is removed IIRC.

#1544 6 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Yes, the trick is to mount the LCD screen higher than normal. This allows clearance for the original THING light board. Then you just go into the ColorDMD settings and move the screen area down so it fits properly into the backbox screen opening. Good to go. This is how ColorDMD told me to do it. Works perfectly.

#1545 6 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Looks fully restored if the cab is any indication.

Yes it is fully restored by HEP. No mods, no LEDs. It has a remote battery pack. I have to check if it has a magnet fuse kit.
The PF is beautiful. It looks wet it is so shiny.

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The diverter channel wasn’t deep enough for my game. Was an easy fix; the fitment was otherwise perfect

How did you fix this?

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Yes, the trick is to mount the LCD screen higher than normal. This allows clearance for the original THING light board. Then you just go into the ColorDMD settings and move the screen area down so it fits properly into the backbox screen opening. Good to go. This is how ColorDMD told me to do it. Works perfectly.

Wouldn't it be easier to use the LED colordmd version?

#1548 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

How did you fix this?

Ground it with a dremmel and finished with some fine sandpaper.

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wouldn't it be easier to use the LED colordmd version?

Easier? Maybe you'll save 3 mins doing it that way but the THING lights are much dimmer using the LCD to light them than the original light board. I've had it both ways and much prefer using the real deal.

#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Easier? Maybe you'll save 3 mins doing it that way but the THING lights are much dimmer using the LCD to light them than the original light board. I've had it both ways and much prefer using the real deal.

I'm just saying that as the LED version fits exactly like the original dmd, you don't need to go through all that mounting hassle, or did I miss something here?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 180.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 6,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.