IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 132.
#1151 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! Can I have the webpage please?

Use the pinside member search. That's what it's here for.......

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Use the pinside member search. That's what it's here for.......

Yeah I just PM him! Thanks a lot!

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Who here has painted the chair? I remember someone posted some cool pics a while back. I would like to get one just like that. How much? PM me

This is pretty easy, fast, cheap and fun to achieve. Might not be worth paying someone to do it? Some model hobby paint, model paint brushes, a sharpie and a spare hour or so later...

45ec2f68d55fb149df6ad735c0f2ccbedf5f1ab0 (resized).jpg45ec2f68d55fb149df6ad735c0f2ccbedf5f1ab0 (resized).jpg

7788023bcba667742b4a8c01ba79e137f51569c2 (resized).jpg7788023bcba667742b4a8c01ba79e137f51569c2 (resized).jpg

#1154 7 years ago
Quoted from mima:

This is pretty easy, fast, cheap and fun to achieve. Might not be worth paying someone to do it? Some model hobby paint, model paint brushes, a sharpie and a spare hour or so later...

Wow nice! So you used the sharpie on the cracks? Where did you get the paint? What kind exactly? Thanks!

#1155 7 years ago

KornFreak28,you can buy all those paints at a Hobby shop,or WallyWorld has all that stuff!!

#1156 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow nice! So you used the sharpie on the cracks? Where did you get the paint? What kind exactly? Thanks!

I used model paint from Humbrol, but any brand will work. Yes I used a sharpie to fill in the cracks. Just a swift paintjob. I bet if you have the skills and time you could make that plastic chair look like the real thing. But 2 colors and a sharpie and an hour of spare time was good enough for me.

DSC_000003 (resized).JPGDSC_000003 (resized).JPG

#1157 7 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I used model paint from Humbrol, but any brand will work. Yes I used a sharpie to fill in the cracks. Just a swift paintjob. I bet if you have the skills and time you could make that plastic chair look like the real thing. But 2 colors and a sharpie and an hour of spare time was good enough for me.

That looks awesome! Thanks a lot!

#1158 7 years ago

Mine is getting restored by Bryan Kelly. You guys are more than welcome to check out the thread I created "TAF restored by Bryan Kelly!" You guys can chime in and check out the whole process.

#1159 7 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Damn it you guys got me looking at my chair now and it sucks, I have fester but I see that I can do the same and with fester the chair will still look great, I think you did a great job!! it's the little things that stand out and that chair is front middle..these forums are great! The knowledge you pin heads have is so helpful..now when can I get to it? whenever I do do it I'll post it...

#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! Can I have the webpage please?

It is simply modfatherpinball.com.
He did my chair and the Thing hand.
He had photos of a lot of his work.

#1161 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Ty sir!

#1162 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I just joined the club with a players game at a pretty good price. The cabinet is nicer than I expected. It's dirty and hasn't been shopped in a decade I'm sure. Topper complete and all working.
Main issue is playfield mansion and insert wear. Anyone recommend the overlay on eBay? ebay.com link » Addams Family Pinball Machine Mansion Insert Decal Overlay

I am not sure if it is the same overlay but I have used these professional ones from Little Shop of games and and if you prep and apply them correctly you get fantastic results. I have done them in several Addams and the customers have been happy with the before and after.

http://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/parts-by-game/bally-williams/the-addams-family/page/3/

1 week later
#1163 7 years ago

Does the bookcase bracket normally have these funky washers on one side? I can't find any pictures of any online other than mine that do. I found the unattached one in the bottom of the cabinet, but it looks like it should go with the other.

IMG_1705[1] (resized).jpgIMG_1705[1] (resized).jpg

#1164 7 years ago

If this is the piece I'm thinking of, there is a spacer on both the top and bottom of the bookcase assembly that sort of looks like one of those office envelope openers - a metal rectangle with a big long thin cutout - so you can slide it in and adjust without having to take off the whole assembly.

Your washers would be doing about the same thing, just more of a pain to deal with

#1165 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If this is the piece I'm thinking of, there is a spacer on both the top and bottom of the bookcase assembly that sort of looks like one of those office envelope openers - a metal rectangle with a big long thin cutout - so you can slide it in and adjust without having to take off the whole assembly.
Your washers would be doing about the same thing, just more of a pain to deal with

I don't know. I think you're talking about the shims. Mine was missing both of those, but I ordered a couple to put on. The washers are on the third leg where the shims aren't supposed to go and are about twice the thickness of the shims. Seems that would do the exact opposite of what the shims are supposed to do.

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I don't know. I think you're talking about the shims. Mine was missing both of those, but I ordered a couple to put on. The washers are on the third leg where the shims aren't supposed to go and are about twice the thickness of the shims. Seems that would do the exact opposite of what the shims are supposed to do.

The shims go wherever you need the shims to go to get the bookcase base level with the playfield. Sometimes I use one shim, sometimes two. Sometimes the shims are too thick and I'll use a thin washer or two. Sometimes I don't have to use anything.

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The shims go wherever you need the shims to go to get the bookcase base level with the playfield. Sometimes I use one shim, sometimes two. Sometimes the shims are too thick and I'll use a thin washer or two. Sometimes I don't have to use anything.

Thanks Bryan. I guess there was a lot of variation in the manufacturing of this part.

#1168 7 years ago

Hey club members- I just joined Restoring games is my hobby. I did beautiful work with my TZ, now I'm trying to do the same to TaF..

To that end, I'm hoping an angel in this forum can PM/help me. Two questions-

#1- I know this isn't a common ask, but I'm looking for a TAF original apron without much if any wear to the original text. Not into overlays. Perhaps someone who moved on to the lit apron? I'd be delighted to send mine and consideration in exchange for your kindness. Mine looks good, it's just got a hint of wear from cleaning.

#2- Who makes the best cliffy style protectors for TAF right now?

Thank you in advance!!

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

#2- Who makes the best cliffy style protectors for TAF right now?

Cliffy!

#1170 7 years ago

There's talk of making the aprons. But don't hold your breath. Be at least middle of next year.

#1171 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There's talk of making the aprons. But don't hold your breath. Be at least middle of next year.

New would be pretty snazzy but I'm ok with just a nicer looking used one that's just no longer needed, and I can trade mine plus a cash consideration for the trouble.

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Here are few samples of the painted chair and hand I do, visit my site link below for details....
http://modfatherpinball.com/collections/adams-family/products/adams-family-custom-painted-chair-and-hand
af hand (resized).jpgaf hand (resized).jpg
chair red (resized).jpgchair red (resized).jpg
af natural (resized).jpgaf natural (resized).jpg

#1173 7 years ago

The Modfather is painting my chair and hand for my machine!

#1174 7 years ago

looks great

i like the green on the fingernails.

#1175 7 years ago

I noticed an interesting phenomenon. My new TAF has an extremely dark left side decal where the Addams Family logo is, while some other games I've looked at are much lighter on the left. See below.

Manufacturing defect? Intentional? Maybe it's overprinting of the black dye above? I find it very interesting..

20161023_183514 (resized).jpg20161023_183514 (resized).jpg

addams-Family-Pinball-3-140406957195 (resized).jpgaddams-Family-Pinball-3-140406957195 (resized).jpg

#1176 7 years ago

The million dollar question is: and what about the right side?

#1177 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The million dollar question is: and what about the right side?

Right side on mine- whiter variant! The reverse configuration!

My hunch - the darker left is overprinting, the white with gray shadow texture around the letters is what was intended. Black on dark gray looks like a#$!

20161020_034301 (resized).jpg20161020_034301 (resized).jpg

#1178 7 years ago

Hi all! Joined the club a few weeks back and family is loving the machine. One easy question, how do you disable the option to continue the game after your last ball drains? I know you cancel by hitting the flippers but would like to turn this option off? My A.3.19 adjustment is set to no but that doesn't seem to stop it. Thanks in advance for the help

#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Hi all! Joined the club a few weeks back and family is loving the machine. One easy question, how do you disable the option to continue the game after your last ball drains? I know you cancel by hitting the flippers but would like to turn this option off? My A.3.19 adjustment is set to no but that doesn't seem to stop it. Thanks in advance for the help

I'd actually want to know how to turn this option on! I'm using the gold roms...

#1180 7 years ago

I am using the gold roms as well

#1181 7 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

how do you disable the option to continue the game after your last ball drains?

Set the A.2 30 Buy Extra Ball adjustment.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'd actually want to know how to turn this option on!

In order to enable you would need to add a buy in button. Sorry, I have no idea how you would wire it in.

#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

In order to enable you would need to add a buy in button. Sorry, I have no idea how you would wire it in.

Oh yeah.... That's the hard part!!!

#1183 7 years ago

Thanks Lee!! The Funhouse mods i got from you are being installed now. Can't wait to see them!

#1184 7 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Oh yeah.... That's the hard part!!!

adding the buy in button is not too hard:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~pinball_stuff/TAFmod.htm

#1185 7 years ago

Anybody know who makes this Uncle Lester Mod? I would like to add this mod but I just can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1187 7 years ago

LMAO! Thank you Bryan!

#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

LMAO! Thank you Bryan!

That'll be $50 please.

#1189 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That'll be $50 please.

I may not be able to do $50.....but a couple of beer cases of your choice is something we can definitely arrange

#1190 7 years ago

The "hands" Uncle Fester was originally on eBay from a gentleman in Spain. I have purchased two of them directly from him as I thought they were well made. I preferred it to the "bulb in the mouth" Fester.

They were hand painted and look great!

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

The "hands" Uncle Fester was originally on eBay from a gentleman in Spain. I have purchased two of them directly from him as I thought they were well made. I preferred it to the "bulb in the mouth" Fester.

Do you recommend it? How does it attach to the chair? Double-sided tape? Thanks!

#1192 7 years ago

I recommend it highly! I also added a Red Wire through his hands and under his butt to look like the translite. I will post a picture soon of it.

Double sided tape works, but I had to up my game as it was working it's way out. Gorilla Tape did the trick!

#1193 7 years ago

Here's the pictures:

IMG_0840 (resized).JPGIMG_0840 (resized).JPG

IMG_0841 (resized).JPGIMG_0841 (resized).JPG

#1194 7 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I recommend it highly! I also added a Red Wire through his hands and under his butt to look like the translite. I will post a picture soon of it.
Double sided tape works, but I had to up my game as it was working it's way out. Gorilla Tape did the trick!

Looks very nice! Yes please post more pics! Thank you!

#1195 7 years ago

Sure, glad you like them.

Let's wait for a good World Series break and I will oblige.

#1196 7 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Sure, glad you like them.
Let's wait for a good World Series break and I will oblige.

Same here

#1197 7 years ago

Here's some more for you. Let me know if there is a certain angle you want.

IMG_0842 (resized).JPGIMG_0842 (resized).JPG

IMG_0843 (resized).JPGIMG_0843 (resized).JPG

IMG_0844 (resized).JPGIMG_0844 (resized).JPG

IMG_0845 (resized).JPGIMG_0845 (resized).JPG

#1198 7 years ago

And yes, I missed the Indians 3-run homer, but I try to "sacrifice" for my fellow Pinsider!

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

http://pinballpro.net/shop/uncle-lester-af-1/

http://www.pinballdecals.com/TAF_UncleFester4Point0Page.html

#1200 7 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

And yes, I missed the Indians 3-run homer, but I try to "sacrifice" for my fellow Pinsider!

LOL! One more win for the tribe! That looks awesome! Got to buy it now! The red wires look so cool btw Thank you very much sir!

George

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 1,159.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,159.00
$ 180.00
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.