IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
20240323_132510 (resized).jpg
20240323_132525 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 132.
#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks I will check them in test .
The magnets work it just seems they are not as strong as most addams I played on route.
How can I tell if the coils have overheated ?

Just wanted to see if both magnets were working, Sometimes the magnets can cause burns on the playfield, generally look for any signs of burning round the coils, the copper wires are coated with a red colored insulation which turns black when burnt, might need to cut away the masking tape to check this. If the coils are ok then they are not getting enough power, check the connectors back to the headboard. I am not sure how to check the voltage for these coils, sorry about that, but I think that might be the next step.

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

You mean your game doesn't have the callout or you've never started a second multiball in one game?

Well.. I don't remenber ever starting a second multiball...

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from Alex1061:

Just wanted to see if both magnets were working, Sometimes the magnets can cause burns on the playfield, generally look for any signs of burning round the coils, the copper wires are coated with a red colored insulation which turns black when burnt, might need to cut away the masking tape to check this. If the coils are ok then they are not getting enough power, check the connectors back to the headboard. I am not sure how to check the voltage for these coils, sorry about that, but I think that might be the next step.

Thanks Alex
The pin has the fuse protection kit on the magnets and always has so I will double check the connections.
Do magnets ever just get old and need to be replaced ?

#1104 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Never heard it....

Because it's only in the gold roms.
And if I remember correctly indeed at the start of the second multiball. It's also harder because you have to lock all the balls in the vault.

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

Because it's only in the gold roms.
And if I remember correctly indeed at the start of the second multiball. It's also harder because you have to lock all the balls in the vault.

I got the gold roms.... so guess I'm a shitty player.... but I already know how to listen to it: Glass... off!!!

#1106 7 years ago

Didn't check your collection ok in that case you should be able to hear it. Love that quote by the way, heared it regularly because i would play to hear it.

#1107 7 years ago

Hmm … I don't have the gold roms. I'm sure I've heard the callout on my game because I've only played a few games on a TAF with Gold roms before. Not enough to have played two multiballs and know the callout so well!

So I think it is on the normal roms.

#1108 7 years ago

No gold rom required to hear , so it can kill you , call out .

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

No gold rom required to hear , so it can kill you , call out .

True.

Starting second multiball from the chair triggers this call out.

#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

True.
Starting second multiball from the chair triggers this call out.

Ok, so coincidentally, tonight I got my best game ever... glass ON... 352B and had a 2nd multiball, but I had all my balls into the vault.... didn't hear the callout... well, gotta try again, this time trying to trigger it from the chair.....

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks Alex
The pin has the fuse protection kit on the magnets and always has so I will double check the connections.
Do magnets ever just get old and need to be replaced ?

No only if they get overheated-burnt.

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from Alex1061:

No only if they get overheated-burnt.

Thanks again, I'll check the magnets, fuses, and conmecctions.
Maybe only one is working or something.

1 week later
#1113 7 years ago

Magnets look fine no burn and protection fuses are good

But I did notice the lights 5 or 6 in the back left corner under the left ramp are all out .

Is there s fuse that controls those lights.

#1114 7 years ago

Got it
F110 , again.

1 week later
#1115 7 years ago

Hey guys, just trying to gather whether or not there is any interest for a trade here for a TAF. I have a 2 week old Ghostbusters Pro. It was built in mid July 2016 and has 2 weeks worth of play on it. I put ina stern shaker motor, inner art decals, ghostbusters mo ghost plunger, plastic protectors and the Scoleri Brothers fix. Game is mint. I would like to see if anyone would like to trade me a prime condition TAF, plug and play 100% working preferably with all LED. I live in Richmond VA and would need the game brought here for trade. Anyone want to work something out?

#1116 7 years ago

I finally got around to putting together a video that shows my Addams Family Pinball machine Before and After installing my "Tour the Mansion" Package. You can find more about Lee's Parts Pinball Mods at http://www.leesparts.com Thank you for watching.

#1117 7 years ago

If anyone can use a bunch of New and USED TAF Plastics I have a lot on Ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

#1118 7 years ago

T2 goes TAF | Rise of the phoenix

Nor shall this peace sleep with her; but as when
The bird of wonder dies, the maiden phoenix,
Her ashes new create another heir
As great in admiration as herself;
So shall she leave her blessedness to one,
When heaven shall call her from this cloud of darkness,
Who from the sacred ashes of her honour
Shall star-like rise as great in fame as she was,
And so stand fix'd.

-William Shakespeare

#1119 7 years ago

New Deluxe Cloud Topper Light for Addams Family. Bring your Cloud Topper to life with a wonderful pulsating blue glow to the normally dark cloud topper while still allowing the lightning flashes to be visible during "Showtime".

See more details at http://leesparts.com/pr…/addams-deluxecloudtopper-light.html

Already have one of my standard Cloud Topper Lights? No worries, an upgrade kit is also available.

Thank you for watching!

#1120 7 years ago

Looking to join the club again! I'm looking for a nice/decent original game. I'm in the SF Bay Area and have the following games for trade towards an Addams Family:

Fathom
Flash Gordon
Playboy (Bally)
Mata Hari
Paragon

Games are NOT for sale! Please don't ask...

Please PM me if you are interested. Prefer local trade, but willing to travel for the right deal.

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#1121 7 years ago

Could somebody help me out?

I figured out the cause of my lamp matrix problem (single inserts triggering multiple others), it's the red lamp socket (lower one) by the vault. Everything is fine when the bulb is removed.

Problem has been there since I had the game.

Is this guy missing a diode, or perhaps are the wires incorrectly attached? A playfield swap was done so I presume this was a user error. Socket itself is fine and powers a bulb.

Many thanks!

IMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPG

#1122 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I figured out the cause of my lamp matrix problem (single inserts triggering multiple others), it's the red lamp socket (lower one) by the vault. Everything is fine when the bulb is removed.
Problem has been there since I had the game.
Is this guy missing a diode, or perhaps are the wires incorrectly attached? A playfield swap was done so I presume this was a user error. Socket itself is fine and powers a bulb.
Many thanks!

Wiring looks correct, although the bottom sockets appears to have been replaced.

#1123 7 years ago

Thanks. Definitely appears to be. Any chance the grey one it was replaced with needs a diode? And these suckers appear to be riveted in there. Hmmm... I wonder if the plate that holds the sockets is available to be purchased with new sockets already attached. I can only find the piece without the sockets.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Wiring looks correct, although the bottom sockets appears to have been replaced.

#1124 7 years ago

Fellow Addamses - I just got done cleaning, scrubbing, rerouting wires, dusting, replacing rubbers, cleaning.. more cleaning.. of our TAF.

I also replaced the stock smoked ramp with the gorgeous clear one - everything looks great, but I am having a little trouble getting the 4 screws that hold down the ramp flaps to screw in. Is there some sort of prep work I have to do on the ramp beforehand? I've screwed them in thinking it was going to be an easy last step, and there is at least 1 or 2mm of clearance over the metal, where the screw head is up. I'm afraid to fire the game up for fear of the ball getting chipped! Any suggestions?

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Fellow Addamses - I just got done cleaning, scrubbing, rerouting wires, dusting, replacing rubbers, cleaning.. more cleaning.. of our TAF.
I also replaced the stock smoked ramp with the gorgeous clear one - everything looks great, but I am having a little trouble getting the 4 screws that hold down the ramp flaps to screw in. Is there some sort of prep work I have to do on the ramp beforehand? I've screwed them in thinking it was going to be an easy last step, and there is at least 1 or 2mm of clearance over the metal, where the screw head is up. I'm afraid to fire the game up for fear of the ball getting chipped! Any suggestions?

You need to ream the holes out so the screws sit lower. Take a drill bit the same size as the head of the screw and drill backwards. Yes, backwards. You'll then want to drill out the small through hole. You might want to take it out to do this.

#1126 7 years ago

Thanks. Definitely appears to be. Any chance the grey one it was replaced with needs a diode? And these suckers appear to be riveted in there. Hmmm... I wonder if the plate that holds the sockets is available to be purchased with new sockets already attached. I can only find the piece without the sockets.

I'm a little confused. Both act like insert lamps and should have diodes. Not just the one socket but the other also. Looking at mine, I have no diodes on mine either.

You won't find the plastic for sale with the brackets and sockets attached. If you have the parts and want them replaced, you can send it to me and I'll do it for you, free of charge.

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You need to ream the holes out so the screws sit lower. Take a drill bit the same size as the head of the screw and drill backwards. Yes, backwards. You'll then want to drill out the small through hole. You might want to take it out to do this.

DAMN. IT. Obviously my first time doing this. Ok I do this with the drill set backwards, but I place the drill from the front side, yes? I'm not putting the drill on the underside of the ramp, right?

#1128 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm a little confused. Both act like insert lamps and should have diodes. Not just the one socket but the other also. Looking at mine, I have no diodes on mine either.
You won't find the plastic for sale with the brackets and sockets attached. If you have the parts and want them replaced, you can send it to me and I'll do it for you, free of charge.

Strange right? Because both sockets above the center extra ball ramp have diodes. And the behavior of causing havoc along the entire row and column surrounding it is in line with a shorted/reversed/missing diode leaking power to other lamps.

Thanks very much for your offer, I'll see if there's any way I can troubleshoot this any further before I go that route. For now I've simply put some electrical tape around the bulb so there's not a gaping hole there, I'd rather have one bulb not turn on than all of them turning on at once

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

DAMN. IT. Obviously my first time doing this. Ok I do this with the drill set backwards, but I place the drill from the front side, yes? I'm not putting the drill on the underside of the ramp, right?

Top side. You want to bevel the hole so the screw sits flush with the top of the ramp. You can run the drill the correct way, but be extremely careful. Push too hard and it catches good, there goes your ramp. Running backwards simply melts in instead with no chance of catching.

#1130 7 years ago

That makes sense - I think I got it. I'll try it out on the old ramp first

#1131 7 years ago

I would suggest checking out the molex plug below the play field for the vault lights. Make sure that the colors are matched going in and out of the plug.

#1132 7 years ago

Super helpful Lee thanks!

#1133 7 years ago

My TAF restore thread for anyone interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-restoration

#1135 7 years ago

great pictures, great work!

I'm curious on what motivated you to do this? I'm guessing it's (slightly?) less expensive than just buying a new machine, and I get wanting to do it yourself. Uh, did I just answer my own question?

#1136 7 years ago

By the way, I started thinking about buying new plastics, and I noticed there seems to be an unused one in all these new repros that are for sale (for example, the one in the lower left corner in this pic : http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/addams-family-plastic-set.html )

there's a plastic that sort of looks like a doorway with a cutout roughly the same shape as Cousin It's insert. Does anybody know where that was supposed to go?

I also do not seem to have the one that's 5th from the right on that image. anybody know for where these were intended?

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

great pictures, great work!
I'm curious on what motivated you to do this? I'm guessing it's (slightly?) less expensive than just buying a new machine, and I get wanting to do it yourself. Uh, did I just answer my own question?

You guys would be horrified to know how much $ will be in this machine when it's done. Almost 2k just for the unpopulated playfield alone......Needless to say it's for me in my collection, likely will never sell it. I am doing it because I want it to be in perfect mint condition and I only trust myself to do it correctly

#1138 7 years ago

Ha! The first step is admitting you have a problem... You can definitely see where the money is going though - you're doing an amazing job

#1139 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

By the way, I started thinking about buying new plastics, and I noticed there seems to be an unused one in all these new repros that are for sale (for example, the one in the lower left corner in this pic : http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/addams-family-plastic-set.html )
there's a plastic that sort of looks like a doorway with a cutout roughly the same shape as Cousin It's insert. Does anybody know where that was supposed to go?
I also do not seem to have the one that's 5th from the right on that image. anybody know for where these were intended?

Found a thread which describes what's up with these:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-plastics-whats-the-deal-with-some-of-the-extras

#1140 7 years ago

Bump:

Looking to join the club again! I'm looking for a nice/decent original game. I'm in the SF Bay Area and have the following games for trade towards an Addams Family:

Fathom
Flash Gordon
Playboy (Bally)
Mata Hari
Paragon

Games are NOT for sale! Please don't ask...

Please PM me if you are interested. Prefer local trade, but willing to travel for the right deal.

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#1141 7 years ago

Im looking for a bottom cab as mine has water damage. Any help with this is sure apprciated.
Harley D.

#1142 7 years ago

I have been in the club for a couple years now. I bought mine from a Pinsider. It was already in great shape, but I had a friend touch up the mansion area and reclear it, I rebuilt the pops, etc.

20150730_175339 (resized).jpg20150730_175339 (resized).jpg
20150801_085912 (resized).jpg20150801_085912 (resized).jpg
20151224_165717 (resized).jpg20151224_165717 (resized).jpg

#1143 7 years ago

Who here has painted the chair? I remember someone posted some cool pics a while back. I would like to get one just like that. How much? PM me

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Who here has painted the chair? I remember someone posted some cool pics a while back. I would like to get one just like that. How much? PM me

I don't recall anyone selling them, the few I have seen have all been done by hand by the owners of the machines. But maybe my memory is off.

Phil

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from philwojo:

I don't recall anyone selling them, the few I have seen have all been done by hand by the owners of the machines. But maybe my memory is off.
Phil

Yeah, but maybe they want to paint one for me? Just wanted to know the price....my machine is getting restored and I wanted the chair painted. Looks sick

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I had mine painted by Modfather here on Pinside.
He did a great job.
Check out his web page.

#1148 7 years ago

I just joined the club with a players game at a pretty good price. The cabinet is nicer than I expected. It's dirty and hasn't been shopped in a decade I'm sure. Topper complete and all working.

Main issue is playfield mansion and insert wear. Anyone recommend the overlay on eBay? ebay.com link: ADDAMS Family Pinball Machine MANSION Insert Decal OVERLAY

#1149 7 years ago
#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I had mine painted by Modfather here on Pinside.
He did a great job.
Check out his web page.

Thanks! Can I have the webpage please?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 180.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 6,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.