IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 132.
#1051 7 years ago

So my guess was right. Good man! Thank you, Lee!

Didn't even think to look at the switch matrix in the manual....! 4 years, and I am still a noob.

#1053 7 years ago

Played a different addams last night and noticed the magnets were really strong, and I know the strength can be switched in the adjustment menu, but seemed alot stronger than mine and I'm set on the highest level.
So I ask the owner about it and he said he had just cleaned the magnets , huh ?? Never heard of that , anyone ever clean their magnets . If so how do you that ?

#1054 7 years ago

Been in the club for about 6 solid years now; it was a birthday present and a damn good one too The condition of the machine is what I would call a players machine ; it has the usual wear and tear on the playfield but it doesn't harm the gameplay because it plays like a dream. I would like a minty playfield one day but I can't afford to splash the cash on one. In my opinion LEDs don't suit the theme as much in comparison to star trek however I have put LEDs in the backbox to emphasise the lighting bolt.IMG_20160812_152745_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_152745_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_153155_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_153155_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_154523_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_154523_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160812_152710_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_152710_(resized).jpg

#1055 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Been in the club for about 6 solid years now; it was a birthday present and a damn good one too The condition of the machine is what I would call a players machine ; it has the usual wear and tear on the playfield but it doesn't harm the gameplay because it plays like a dream. I would like a minty playfield one day but I can't afford to splash the cash on one. In my opinion LEDs don't suit the theme as much in comparison to star trek however I have put LEDs in the backbox to emphasise the lighting bolt.

Both great games.... There's an empty spot on my game-room, right beside my TAF, just to fit an STtNG (that I'm already waiting for over a year to finish restoration....)

#1056 7 years ago

Pinballgeek,i went with coin taker full LEDs and green scoop lite! IMHO that really makes the pin pop,specially with PDI glass,but,dude where is Uncle Fester??

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Both great games.... There's an empty spot on my game-room, right beside my TAF, just to fit an STtNG (that I'm already waiting for over a year to finish restoration....)

I have room to fit 3 other games next to sttng but can't as the youngest has the xbox in there so we can't summer house maybe a good bet so we can shove him in there The other games are in the garage opposite the gamesroom about 1m away

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Pinballgeek,i went with coin taker full LEDs and green scoop lite! IMHO that really makes the pin pop,specially with PDI glass,but,dude where is Uncle Fester??

In a box somewhere , pdi is on ST Pro and taf would be next so don't panic I need to get some cliffys and that plastic playfield protector at some point.

Got to repaint and mod this car with leds at some point image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1058 7 years ago

I'm in Canada and wanting to join the club. If anyone is looking to move one for a decent price please let me know. Trades could be optional but I lack experience in shipping games so I would prefer to deal with someone in Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba if games are going both ways but I'm open to an offer. I have a pretty nice roadshow. Works 110% with the exception of an eye issue on red that I'm working on. Cabinet has a few scratches but other than that it's beautiful. Have a Gottlieb Genie that's almost perfect on the play field. A rough Frontier I've brought back from the dead that still has a few issues with a few lights to fix and an old drop a card machine.

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Played a different addams last night and noticed the magnets were really strong, and I know the strength can be switched in the adjustment menu, but seemed alot stronger than mine and I'm set on the highest level.
So I ask the owner about it and he said he had just cleaned the magnets , huh ?? Never heard of that , anyone ever clean their magnets . If so how do you that ?

That must be something in the Gold software. I've never seen an adjustment for magnet strength the menus on my TAF.

I don't know how you would clean the magnets, unless he meant cleaning the poles. But even then, the coils would have to be seized on the poles due to soot/dirt buildup or something like to even affect the strength of the magnetic field. Even with the dirt in there, the magnetic field is generated as a function of the electricity passing through the coil. The metal pole transfers this magnetism to the playfield.

Perhaps there was something underneath the playfield, above the magnets, that was hindering that field?

Or maybe he's just talking out his backside?

Or am I wrong somewhere?

#1060 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

That must be something in the Gold software. I've never seen an adjustment for magnet strength the menus on my TAF.

Never did I!

#1061 7 years ago

Who wants to join the club? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/37951

#1062 7 years ago

Let me double check that .

#1063 7 years ago

I must be wrong about that magnet setting after looking , sure enough not there
But my mansion tour only has medium or hard settings . Isn't there supposed to be easy and extra hard settings as well as medium and hard ?
Maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

#1064 7 years ago

The extra easy, easy, medium, hard, and extra hard settings are for general gameplay rules, settings, extra ball settings, replay settings, and all kinds of other stuff. The Mansion Tour medium and hard settings simply change the number of rooms from 12 to 13, respectively.

The way that shows up in gameplay is when you get either the 3 Million or 6 Million mansion rooms…

On medium, it lights up both rooms, but only counts as one room.
On hard, it only lights up the one you were awarded, counting them separately.

#1065 7 years ago

The magnets can be loose or not installed firmly against the PF. This can be why some magnets seem more powerful than others.
In other cases the magnets are worn out or have developed resistance (get hot easily etc) to the point that they become weak.
Also the wall current is an issue, higher power makes for a more sprightly game. Low power or games on an extension cord or mutli-outlet strip can suffer from anemic performance.

#1066 7 years ago

Thanks guys great info, and at least I know I'm only half bat crazy.

#1067 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no brainer - pick that up for 5300. Looks good.
On a side note, anyone ever have thing not come out during quick MB, etc however he works perfectly fine in the tests? Mine today - he didn't come out for some reason when I spelled thing yet the switch registered when the ball landed there to initiate, music played but no thing. Go into tests and he goes up and down no prob......

well it was my opto under the thing box. Needed to be adjusted. All is good.

#1068 7 years ago

All right, I have two questions:

1. I have rebuilt my Swamp VUK - new coil, coil sleeve, and spring. My playfield had some pretty nasty holes for the mounting hardware, and I had to use wood filler to make it to where all my hex scres could be used to mount my under playfield hardware. When my Swamp VUK fires, the ball pretty much always deflects off of the right slingshots - not enough to trigger the slingshot coil, but it will hit it and deflect to the left flipper.

How do I "adjust" the VUK ? Do you loosen the mounting hardware and adjust? Do you "tweak" the bracket? I hear people "adjusting" the VUK, but I don't know exactly what that means.

2. I had to replace my trough arm responsible for launching balls out of the ball trough and into the shooter lane - all new hardware, and it works like a champs now. Unfortunately, after kicking a ball into the shooter lane, the trough arm does not go down far enough, and that hangs the other two balls up from rolling down into place where they should be in case I start locking balls.

What is the best way to adjust this? Add washers between the trough arm mounting hardware and the playfield? Get a shorter spring that will pull the arm further down and if so, what would you recommend (I used the spring outlined in the manual, and this is where I am now) ? Bend the arm so it is lower?

I appreciate any advice. I may make my own thread so don't be surprised if you see this elsewhere. Thanks!

#1069 7 years ago

Just added to The Fifth Estate in Brooklyn

IMG_2591_(resized).jpgIMG_2591_(resized).jpg

#1070 7 years ago
Can you send it home with the Canadian Olympic team? LOL

#1071 7 years ago

My latest The Addams Family mod is coming together pretty nicely. I believe.

collage-1471629106096.jpgcollage-1471629106096.jpg

#1072 7 years ago

Cool!!!

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from mima:

My latest The Addams Family mod is coming together pretty nicely. I believe.

Do you have a thread detailing this MOD?

#1074 7 years ago

Nope, it is my adaption of dmd extender. Fairly advanced mod (but straight forward), as you need to do some metalwork, painting, wiering and soldering.

When I am done I will post some form of video here. For what that is worth.

Quoted from philwojo:

Do you have a thread detailing this MOD?

#1075 7 years ago

Here mima, try these:

ForMIMA.pdfForMIMA.pdf

(Don't forget to print at 100% actual size!)

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Here mima, try these:

(Don't forget to print at 100% actual size!)

Thanks, I'll print them out next week and publish a photo... To see which looks like the best in the context given.

#1077 7 years ago

Thanks!

#1078 7 years ago

Did anyone try this?

60dd741c662d92acc0dfb724c0e3796d69edc30a (resized).jpg60dd741c662d92acc0dfb724c0e3796d69edc30a (resized).jpg

81bac7465a9a20e3dbf0782cba30a195f1751769 (resized).jpg81bac7465a9a20e3dbf0782cba30a195f1751769 (resized).jpg

#1079 7 years ago

Hello,

I would like to install LEDs on my top box. I would like to give it a purple look I have seen in some pictures. Any of you have done this look? Can you post pics of the actual leds installed? I just need to get a good idea of where the purple leds vs the white ones. Thanks

#1080 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Did anyone try this?

That is awesome thanks for posting I always wondered what those plastics were for as I have bought multiple packs of new TAF plastics and never knew what they were for. I may have to try that out and will let you know the results.

Again thanks for the post and FANTASTIC JOB with the Olympics! BEST OPENING/CLOSING CEREMONY EVER and a great showing by the Brazilian teams!

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

That is awesome thanks for posting I always wondered what those plastics were for as I have bought multiple packs of new TAF plastics and never knew what they were for. I may have to try that out and will let you know the results.
Again thanks for the post and FANTASTIC JOB with the Olympics! BEST OPENING/CLOSING CEREMONY EVER and a great showing by the Brazilian teams!

Actually, that's not my machine.... I found those pics in another thread and thought about asking here.... I also own these plastics and I guess the idea is ok... I got to try at my machine as well, and check if they look good overall!

Thanks for the compliments!!!!

#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Actually, that's not my machine.... I found those pics in another thread and thought about asking here.... I also own these plastics and I guess the idea is ok... I got to try at my machine as well, and check if they look good overall!
Thanks for the compliments!!!!

I've also wondered about those plastics BUT IT does not look like they even belong in that spot. See the right hand side and note that the tunnel does not line up?

#1083 7 years ago

nm

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I've also wondered about those plastics BUT IT does not look like they even belong in that spot. See the right hand side and note that the tunnel does not line up?

As far as I can remember (that I have heard) those plastics where a part of the early prototypes for the area around the thing ramp. The idea got scraped before production, but some how remained in the plastics produced..

I could be wrong, but that is what I remember being told.
Cheers
/mima

#1085 7 years ago

Which one?

collage-1472332609499 (resized).jpgcollage-1472332609499 (resized).jpg

#1086 7 years ago

Top one. It frames it better.

#1087 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Top one. It frames it better.

I agree the top one looks the best!

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Hi, I am assuming you have checked both magnets in test mode holding a ball on the playfield.
If the coils were overheated enough at some stage to not work properly it would be really obvious to see.

#1089 7 years ago

Is that animated or just a picture? Looks awesome!

#1090 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Did anyone try this?

All the years i've played this pin,in so many different places,i never saw this before!!

#1091 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is that animated or just a picture? Looks awesome!

It clones the DMD, plus any images of my choice

#1092 7 years ago
Quoted from mima:

It clones the DMD, plus any images of my choice

Really?? Wow! How do you power it?

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Really?? Wow! How do you power it?

It is my adaption of dmd extender. Fairly advanced mod (but straight forward), as you need to do some metalwork, painting, wiering and soldering.

#1094 7 years ago

when does the call out ".......so it can kill you" or something along those lines happen when talking about lighting the chair?

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

when does the call out ".......so it can kill you" or something along those lines happen when talking about lighting the chair?

I believe the "It has to warm up … so it can kill you!" callout is upon starting your second Multiball.

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I believe the "It has to warm up … so it can kill you!" callout is upon starting your second Multiball.

Never heard it....

#1097 7 years ago
Quoted from Alex1061:

Hi, I am assuming you have checked both magnets in test mode holding a ball on the playfield.
If the coils were overheated enough at some stage to not work properly it would be really obvious to see.

Thanks I will check them in test .
The magnets work it just seems they are not as strong as most addams I played on route.
How can I tell if the coils have overheated ?

#1098 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Never heard it....

You mean your game doesn't have the callout or you've never started a second multiball in one game?

#1099 7 years ago
Quoted from mima:

It is my adaption of dmd extender. Fairly advanced mod (but straight forward), as you need to do some metalwork, painting, wiering and soldering.

Do you sell them?

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do you sell them?

No, it would be too expensive if you don't have the spare parts at hand and do the metealwork & finishing by yourself. If to be sold, i would expect it to land around $400, even tough you can move it to any wpc game i believe. Too much money to make to sell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.