IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 132.
#952 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yes. The 44 won't blink though.

Ok, then which LED do I buy? Which one will blink?

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Ok, then which LED do I buy? Which one will blink?

The socket for TAF does not make the bulb blink so to clarify you can put a 44 incandescent or a 44 LED in there and they will fit and work but will not blink. If you want a blinker bulb you dont have to change the socket just buy the 455 incandescent from pinball life or the 455 LED from cointaker.

#954 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

The socket for TAF does not make the bulb blink so to clarify you can put a 44 incandescent or a 44 LED in there and they will fit and work but will not blink. If you want a blinker bulb you dont have to change the socket just buy the 455 incandescent from pinball life or the 455 LED from cointaker.

Just saw them at cointaker. Thanks a lot!

#955 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Just saw them at cointaker. Thanks a lot!

NP I love LED bulbs and love to assist! Keep asking questions we are all here to help!

#956 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

NP I love LED bulbs and love to assist! Keep asking questions we are all here to help!

Ty sir very much! I would like to LED my top box (my playfield has LEDs already) and would like to create a look I saw somewhere but I just cannot find that photo. Its a purple looking background mixed with some whites. Anybody has that look? Maybe you can post a pic? It would really help! Thanks a lot guys!

#957 7 years ago

Good info guys , I have been wondering about the back box blinkers for awhile now.
Went to change some awhile back and they didn't blink , couldn't figure it . Thanks.

#958 7 years ago

$3.95 for 10) 455's right here. Am I missing something?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0455

#959 7 years ago

Joined the club a few months ago - this is (currently) our only pin, but I appear to be getting a TZ delivered next week! (woo!) Our TAF needs a cleanup job but it's in good overall condition.

I noticed someone else mentioned the back legs having stripped plates - HOW in the hell do you change these out? I bought some of the heavy duty williams plates but it actually doesn't look like they will fit too well. Any suggestions?

#960 7 years ago

Hey guys.
I am looking for a photo of the Addams Family high score screen that says "Congratulations, you are a family member" or something like that.
A color DMD photo would be the bomb but orange dots are cool as well.
Can anyone post one of these up or message me if you have one.
Thanks.
Normally I would just take one myself but mine is down at the moment and my friends is out getting the Hep treatment.

#961 7 years ago

Can someone please educate me on what this does? It was already installed when I bought TAF. I assume its a battery replacement? Are they permanent? Do they ever need to be changed? Thanks!

#962 7 years ago

Image not uploading....will post it asap

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Hey guys.
I am looking for a photo of the Addams Family high score screen that says "Congratulations, you are a family member" or something like that.
A color DMD photo would be the bomb but orange dots are cool as well.
Can anyone post one of these up or message me if you have one.
Thanks.
Normally I would just take one myself but mine is down at the moment and my friends is out getting the Hep treatment.

How much was it for your friend's HEP treatment?

#964 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How much was it for your friend's HEP treatment?

Good question. But not one that I asked.

#965 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Good question. But not one that I asked.

Been thinking about giving my TAF the HEP treatment myself, just wonder how much it would be. Thanks

#966 7 years ago

Trying to post the pic but it tells me "did not get an upload ID"??? What is this? Moderator!

#967 7 years ago

On a my issue of the plunger not hitting the ball 100%, I noticed the PF is sitting too low and the plunger is hitting the top part of the shooter meter. Can I put some washers on the PF hooks to lift up the PF a bit? Has anyone done this before? Does it work? Any other ideas? Thanks!

#968 7 years ago

My pf has a little play and when I put it down I make sure it is lined up for the shooter. You should be able to adjust it a little to make it work.

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

My pf has a little play and when I put it down I make sure it is lined up for the shooter. You should be able to adjust it a little to make it work.

What do you think of adding washers to the hooks?

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

On a my issue of the plunger not hitting the ball 100%, I noticed the PF is sitting too low and the plunger is hitting the top part of the shooter meter. Can I put some washers on the PF hooks to lift up the PF a bit? Has anyone done this before? Does it work? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Sometimes the hooks are sagging from age and weight. They can be removed and bent into their correct position.
If the hooks are weak (lost their tempering) and dont hold their setting, new ones can be purchased.

***However, often brand new ones will have to be bent into shape, to make them perfect.

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What do you think of adding washers to the hooks?

If the brackets on the front of the playfield are bent (allowing the playfield to sit lower) then put them in a vise and straighten them out. Washers shouldn't be needed.

#972 7 years ago

Quoted from terryb:If the brackets on the front of the playfield are bent (allowing the playfield to sit lower) then put them in a vise and straighten them out. Washers shouldn't be needed.

#973 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sometimes the hooks are sagging from age and weight. They can be removed and bent into their correct position.
If the hooks are weak (lost their tempering) and dont hold their setting, new ones can be purchased.
However, often the new ones will have to be bent into shape to make them perfect.

These hooks look new, will try to post a picture of them if the system lets me. What is the exact correct position? Can you possible post a pic? I mean, mine look pretty good but I could be wrong.

Also, I'm in full panick mode! I was unscrewing the shooter rod assembly to try to position it more to the left, but the screw that is right next to the cabinet was sooo stubborn it got stripped! I have tried everything and it just won't come out. Already tried the rubber band method, the glue and toothpick method, bigger screwdriver, nothing works. Can I drill it out until I completely destroy it? Any other ideas please? Thanks!

#974 7 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

If the brackets on the front of the playfield are bent (allowing the playfield to sit lower) then put them in a vise and straighten them out. Washers shouldn't be needed.

Honestly they do not look bent at all, in fact, they look brand new. I will try to post a pic. If they are in fact not bent, will washer work at all? Thanks

#975 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Honestly they do not look bent at all, in fact, they look brand new. I will try to post a pic. If they are in fact not bent, will washer work at all? Thanks

You can put washers if you want, a couple fender washers will be ok, but they will probably sink in over time. Most of us just bend the supports to our liking.

#976 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

These hooks look new, will try to post a picture of them if the system lets me. What is the exact correct position? Can you possible post a pic? I mean, mine look pretty good but I could be wrong.
Also, I'm in full panick mode! I was unscrewing the shooter rod assembly to try to position it more to the left, but the screw that is right next to the cabinet was sooo stubborn it got stripped! I have tried everything and it just won't come out. Already tried the rubber band method, the glue and toothpick method, bigger screwdriver, nothing works. Can I drill it out until I completely destroy it? Any other ideas please? Thanks!

Stripped screw problem? Drill them out or try an extractor from home depot.
Stripped hex head bolt? Try a gator socket or one of the other extractors.
Stripped hex head screw? Cut off the head with diagonals (side cutters?) or try Vampliers (needle nose vise grips)
Stripped nut? try a small nut splitter (especially on old stripped flipper bat nuts)

On the shooter rod assembly (cast aluminum), I would just grind off the head of the screw with a dremel, or use a cut-off wheel.
It will come out of the assembly with vise grips and a hammer later on by whacking on it.

#977 7 years ago

You can put washers if you want, a couple fender washers will be ok, but they will probably sink in over time. Most of us just bend the supports to our liking.

Ok this is what I needed to know! I won't use washers then. So if my PF is too low, do I bend the supports up? What do u use to bend them? Thanks

#978 7 years ago

Also, where exactly do you bend them? Next to the hook that sits on the cabinet?

#979 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Also, where exactly do you bend them? Next to the hook that sits on the cabinet?

I usually put them in my vise and hammer/bend a bit to get that 1/8" you are looking for.

#980 7 years ago

Random question here, guys, and maybe I missed it in the thread here. When it comes time to swap out all 5 pop bumper caps - the white one in particular - where do you get one that specific? Do you just order a regular one and modify it, or is there a place that has it "pre-modded" and ready?

Just curious - thanks!

#981 7 years ago

I usually put them in my vise and hammer/bend a bit to get that 1/8" you are looking for.

Thank you so much!

#982 7 years ago

I was finally able to post the pic....can someone educate me what this does? Thanks

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#983 7 years ago

It was there when I bought the machine

#984 7 years ago

Looks like a lithium battery installation, could be a capacitor, instead of the regular batteries. This is used to hold your high scores when the game is not powered up.

Its an older system. Now we use NVRAM. Much better and requires no maintenance forever.

Get the NVRAM kit and cut that off when you get a chance.

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Random question here, guys, and maybe I missed it in the thread here. When it comes time to swap out all 5 pop bumper caps - the white one in particular - where do you get one that specific? Do you just order a regular one and modify it, or is there a place that has it "pre-modded" and ready?
Just curious - thanks!

Most of the usual vendors carry the cut clear one.

#987 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just curious - thanks!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8651-13

#988 7 years ago

Actually, u don't really need that one.... A regular cap fits just fine!

#989 7 years ago

Looks like a lithium battery installation, could be a capacitor, instead of the regular batteries. This is used to hold your high scores when the game is not powered up.
Its an older system. Now we use NVRAM. Much better and requires no maintenance forever.
Get the NVRAM kit and cut that off when you get a chance.

I'll search for that. Ty!

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

someone else mentioned the back legs having stripped plates - HOW in the hell do you change these out?

You will notice, that with the playfield at about 45 degrees you can get your arm down behind the playfield. I tied a rope around the back of the backbox and over the top, to hold the playfield up at an optimum angle. That was the easiest way I had to prop it up safely.

Reaching behind and reaching under the playfield, it can be done if your patient. The larger Williams type plates work fine.

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:I usually put them in my vise and hammer/bend a bit to get that 1/8" you are looking for.

What do you think of my playfield supports? Do they look OK in your opinion? Could these be the cause of the PF sitting too low? Thanks!

#992 7 years ago

The top hooked part is no longer square to the rest of the support.
Bend the smaller upper hook part down a bit to raise the PF. You can probably make that adjustment on each support after removal of course with a hammer. Just knock it down a little, like 1/8".

#993 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

You will notice, that with the playfield at about 45 degrees you can get your arm down behind the playfield. I tied a rope around the back of the backbox and over the top, to hold the playfield up at an optimum angle. That was the easiest way I had to prop it up safely.
Reaching behind and reaching under the playfield, it can be done if your patient. The larger Williams type plates work fine.

I will try that! Thanks so much for the reply; the rope idea is a great one, and I have exposed timbers in the space, so I can anchor the rope there. cool - thanks so much!!

#994 7 years ago

You mean this part?

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#995 7 years ago

not the end but the segment just past that one, that would be parallel to the floor

#996 7 years ago

not the end but the segment just past that one, that would be parallel to the floor

Just to make sure....bend this section down a bit right?

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#998 7 years ago

Perfect! Thanks! Hopefully that will fix my problem.

#999 7 years ago

Hello!

By any chance, anybody know the part number for the flipper coil tubing? I searched in the manual and it does not list the part number. Thanks!!

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hello!
By any chance, anybody know the part number for the flipper coil tubing? I searched in the manual and it does not list the part number. Thanks!!

If you are talking about the sleeve just go to marco and it will be easy to find.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.