IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 132.
#701 7 years ago

On mine,the DMD replaces the lights behind the Thing! The updated gold code will support the color dmd after you program it!!Those skull decals on his swamp look cool,mine are green frogs,and where did that Lamp lite over the swamp come from??Never saw one there!

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

On mine,the DMD replaces the lights behind the Thing! The updated gold code will support the color dmd after you program it!!Those skull decals on his swamp look cool,mine are green frogs,and where did that Lamp lite over the swamp come from??Never saw one there!

That's a target decal set sold somewhere.... I got them too but can't recall where I bought it.... Try ebay or pinballdecalls, maybe.... Anyway, can you share some pics of your Thing lights with the color dmd? Now you got me curious on how it looks!

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Anyway, can you share some pics of your Thing lights with the color dmd? Now you got me curious on how it looks!

There is a thread on these somewhere on Pinside. I bought these lights to be ready for when I get a color DMD. Haven't installed yet.

#706 7 years ago

guys - where are the screws to turn the swamp kickout left or right? All I see is the screws underneath that hold the unit to the table. In the mood to drink beer and look the table over!

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

where are the screws to turn the swamp kickout left or right? All I see is the screws underneath that hold the unit to the table.

Just loosen those screws and move the kickout unit one way or the other, then tighten back down. Should be enough play. Might also want to see if the welds on the scoop are broken.

#708 7 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Just loosen those screws and move the kickout unit one way or the other, then tighten back down. Should be enough play. Might also want to see if the welds on the scoop are broken.

thanks - my kickout works fine but was just curious on that unit even moves in the event something changes. thanks

#709 7 years ago

Bought my first pinny and went for an Addams Family which is in fair nick after all globes have recently been swapped over to LEDs.

Currently has no mods..... Suggestions?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from JasonJoe:

Congrats on your new pin! Please check out my Addams Mods at http://www.leesparts.com Thank you!

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from JasonJoe:

Don't go overboard. Its nice just the way it is.

#712 7 years ago

If you do anything to it at all, clear-coat the playfield.
Have it done professionally or do it yourself. This will drastically improve the life of the game.

DEFINITLY install the magnet fuse mod/fix from leesparts or others if it hasn't been done already!

Magnet burn has ruined tons of TAF and it a terrible thing.

New playfields are NLA and in very short supply and may never be released again due to licensing issues.

All of the other toys and mods do not affect the game play and sometimes can cause ball hangs and such.

However:

The one mod that will make the game better is the colorDMD mod along with the thing backbox light fix for it.

JMHO

1 week later
#713 7 years ago

Well, I am officially joining this club in early June. Bought one through Pinball Universe, and they begin freshening up my game as I have paid the deposit to authorize the work.

With prices knocking on the door of $6000 on Pinside, I didn't fret much with going with Pinball Universe. I talked with Denis for a good half hour, and he was very thorough and answered all of my questions, putting my mind at ease and giving me the confidence to give him my business.

Plus, the game when shipped is fully insured, and the shipping added only $200. All playfield issues will be addressed, plastics replaced if damaged, no magnet burn, topper included, and all rubbers and bulbs changed out to fresh ones.

I'll be sent pictures as the game is cleaned up and overhauled, so once I get some, I'll post here for everyone's observations. I understand this is a 24 year old game so it may not be CQ; however, I am definitely making sure I am happy with the work before I nonchalantly toss money into the wind.

So, yep, looking forward to feeling the power soon !! Of course, ColorDMD will be ordered, and I would appreciate everyone's thoughts on "day one preventative maintenance" like the magnet fuse mentioned above for example. I am going to start at post one and go through this whole thread. Inputs are welcome.

#714 7 years ago

No mods for me. Ever.

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

No mods for me. Ever.

?

#716 7 years ago

Bear rug,and Book mod!Leave it at that,super bands if not already there!!Dismount the magnet driver board,under the thing flipper,and rinse it off,dry,good for another 30 yrs.!Thats the cause of magnet burn! Forget the fuses! Do it right!!

#717 7 years ago

Why isn't there a bookcase? Why is there a sign instead of a bookcase? How is a blue circle with a little blue stump popping out of it a bookcase? How hard would putting a little bookcase there have been?

This is the most perplexing mystery in pinball to me.

#718 7 years ago

Hey guys, its been a while since I started this thread. I am glad to see that it is still so lively

Anyway...
I built my self a simple & flexible dual camera rig for shooting pinball game play yesterday and I was testing it out. As I powered up my TAF for the first time in a bout a year yesterday and just played a quick game on it to test my camera rig idea I decided to (of course) publish the video here in the TAF Club to get some feedback.

As of now i don't have any footage of the rig it self but its made up of an old microphone tripod, desk lamp, generic phone holder, my cellphone and a standard small consumer video camera.

Here´s the video:

Cheers
/MiMa

#719 7 years ago

Very nice,it looks great.

#720 7 years ago

I want one so bad!

#721 7 years ago

Finaly in the club since I passed on G.B premiumn because the pro didn't meet the hype, I felt get my eluded A.F at the over priced price for it, before they all cost $10THOUSAND and up...got a very nice (9 high 8 ) at Fair goin rate.. I haven't toured the mansion in 20 yrs looking fwd to the tour again and keeping A.F till I die.

1463781198869-1795389956_(resized).jpg1463781198869-1795389956_(resized).jpg

14637812987561724716838_(resized).jpg14637812987561724716838_(resized).jpg

#722 7 years ago
Quoted from jroakland:

Finaly in the club since I passed on G.B premiumn because the pro didn't meet the hype, I felt get my eluded A.F at the over priced price for it, before they all cost $10THOUSAND and up...got a very nice (9 high 8 ) at Fair goin rate.. I haven't toured the mansion in 20 yrs looking fwd to the tour again and keeping A.F till I die.

Cool, man!

#723 7 years ago

Congrats. I also cancelled my GB premium preorder for a nicely priced TAF as well. I still really want GB but I have plenty of time... I'm now at full capacity... But couldn't pass up the chance to get one with a swapped playfield. I get it next week, can not wait!

Quoted from jroakland:

Finaly in the club since I passed on G.B premium

#724 7 years ago

Thanks guys ...nice to be in the club. And ofcourse Raiders for life...

#725 7 years ago

GO RAIDERS!

RedEyeSkull_(resized).pngRedEyeSkull_(resized).png

#726 7 years ago

Greetings,

I have an Addams Family at my office for employees to play--it runs well but was routed prior to it's arrival so there is a lot of wear to the cabinet and playfield. Eventually when the CPR playfield is reproduced I will be ready to do a full restoration.

Question, where can a set of cabinet decals be found?

Nate

#727 7 years ago

Amendes it's gonna be a good yr for the nation...got my season tickets..let get a playoff run this yr..as always go Raiders, just win baby!

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

Greetings,
I have an Addams Family at my office for employees to play--it runs well but was routed prior to it's arrival so there is a lot of wear to the cabinet and playfield. Eventually when the CPR playfield is reproduced I will be ready to do a full restoration.
Question, where can a set of cabinet decals be found?
Nate

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/the-addams-family-cabinet-decals.html

#729 7 years ago

Is there a fuse associated with GI lighting , specifically left GI lights ?
I lifted the playfield and before I touched anything noticed left sling , and left lights out but they were on before I lifted the PF 100% sure because I was looking to change some bulb colors, that's why I was lifting the PF in the first place .

#731 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

specifically left GI lights ?

F110

F110.jpgF110.jpg

#732 7 years ago

Thanks guys
I'll look at the fuses, gi connection board and the actual wires.
Guess I should get a dmm.

#733 7 years ago

Wow.
It does not get more specific then that.
Epic post sir.
I think a monkey could figure it out now.

#734 7 years ago

This is why pinside is a great place , all fixed replaced fuse 110 , and done .

Thanks guys.

Call me a monkey then

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

This is why pinside is a great place , all fixed replaced fuse 110 , and done .
Thanks guys.
Call me a monkey then

You monkey.

#736 7 years ago

Dude, where are you pulling this stuff from? If you are making those graphics, make a book of them, and I'll gladly buy it.

#737 7 years ago

20160523_183835_(resized).jpg20160523_183835_(resized).jpg

Here she is , all shiny and bright.

#738 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Dude, where are you pulling this stuff from? If you are making those graphics, make a book of them, and I'll gladly buy it.

it is a bit from the manual and a bit self made.
And there is good news, this part is on PinWiki and it is for free.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems
and scroll down

#739 7 years ago

The topper is actually blue, for some reason it appears purple.
Again thanks, and the schematics are spot on zaza .

#740 7 years ago

hey guys - addams is running perfectly fine yet I started to get an error message when I turn it on about thing up switch 85 optos and thing limit optos. I believe it has to do with the hand mechanism but again it works perfectly fine. How do I stop this message from constantly popping up?

#741 7 years ago

Could be just an intermittent thing. My suggestion would be to clean the optos. Easy place to start.

A q-tip with some 91%(or higher) isopropyl alcohol usually does the trick.

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Could be just an intermittent thing.

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Could be just an intermittent thing. My suggestion would be to clean the optos. Easy place to start.
A q-tip with some 91%(or higher) isopropyl alcohol usually does the trick.

Thanks - where are the optos located for that 85 error message and how do I reach them?

If it's a pain, I'll just deal with the error message although not sure if there is a way to over ride it?

#744 7 years ago

It's in the manual, which you can download from IPDB, if you don't have a physical copy. Just google "IPDB TAF".

Here's a pic from the page it's on:

Screen_Shot_2016-05-27_at_4.34.57_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-27_at_4.34.57_PM_(resized).png

The optos are on the board labeled "C".

#745 7 years ago

thanks for the pic

So today after still receiving the same error message (85) and up optos, my thing hand started to not come out at all. It works perfectly fine in test mode however during the game it's not coming out. Any ideas? I didn't see anything immediately wrong with the areas noted in the pic above. During test, the up notification does go off all the time although the thing hand comes out and in fine. Thoughts?

#746 7 years ago

Just a guess, but maybe check the switch in the saucer by thing

#747 7 years ago

If it's the one right in front of the thing box - it is recognized and works fine. I thought the same!

#748 7 years ago

So after doing some more tests the hand comes out during gameplay when the thing light is green BUT NOT yellow. hmmmm....

open this up to the main forum as I'm sure it's something minor.

EDIT ACTUALLY after working with the green shot, everything works again. Oh pinball so crazy.....

#749 7 years ago

Here comes my TAF . It'll be here on June 01. Coincidentally, that is a "Wednesday" .

af_right_cabinet_(resized).jpgaf_right_cabinet_(resized).jpgAF_left_cabinet_(resized).jpgAF_left_cabinet_(resized).jpgaf_right_head_(resized).jpgaf_right_head_(resized).jpg[att=3174458,710405 AF_front_(resized).jpgAF_front_(resized).jpgaf_kickout_hole_(resized).jpgaf_kickout_hole_(resized).jpgaf_upper_play_(resized).jpgaf_upper_play_(resized).jpgcaption=""]af_head_(resized).jpgaf_head_(resized).jpg

Already got the gold roms waiting as well as the Greed book mod, ordered the "Thing" sign, and saving up for a ColorDMD. Will add a sub and do the usual speaker upgrade.

#750 7 years ago

I have a few light issues with my taf. As bought all lights were replaced with leds. cousin it and 3 mill on the mansion.. I swaped the lights on both and it's not the lights damn it. Also the e on the playfield (grave)works but is almost out (dule,dim)the other 4 work great. Socket issue at the end of the line? I swaped lights and it's not the light.,another is I changed back to 6 original 555 bulb on the flashers (phone,swamp kickout , ramps.)because the leds were to Brite and now I keep blowing 2,3 lights out after a few games? Mite put leds back but rather fix it, i want to give most of this a shot before I bring my tech in, I'm probly stuck bringing in a tech but any info is helpful, thanks pnballers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
30,000 (OBO)
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

16,000 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/15?hl=jasonjoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.