IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 132.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi,
I made one for mine. I can send you the file. I just noticed yours is installed much differently than mine, which confirms that they basically slapped it on however they felt.
I can also mail a pre-made one for you if need. Send me your address and I'll get it out this weekend.

"That's the spirit!"

#552 8 years ago

Agreed! Thanks for this mjenison!

#553 8 years ago

Added the greed book mod & the beware of thing sign. Both of these are great and look factory. Got rid of my vault as it was blocking my view of thing. Also put on some of the new stainless ramp flaps from Pinbits as my factory ones were rusted really badly.

20160313_125437_(resized).jpg20160313_125437_(resized).jpg

#554 8 years ago

just got my "beware" sign yesterday & installed.
it looks amazing

i almost want to shine some small colored light at the sign so I can better see all the cool detail that's in black.
maybe put a little red or purple light behind it?

or maybe grab some acrylic paint and dab a little gray on some of the smaller black parts?

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

just got my "beware" sign yesterday & installed.
it looks amazing
i almost want to shine some small colored light at the sign so I can better see all the cool detail that's in black.
maybe put a little red or purple light behind it?
or maybe grab some acrylic paint and dab a little gray on some of the smaller black parts?

Thanks for the compliments. I want to make a version 2 of this that lights up eventually. It is on my list of "Things" to do.

Quoted from trab:Added the greed book mod & the beware of thing sign. Both of these are great and look factory. Got rid of my vault as it was blocking my view of thing. Also put on some of the new stainless ramp flaps from Pinbits as my factory ones were rusted really badly.

20160313_125437_(resized).jpg

Trab, Your machine looks very nice!

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Thanks for the compliments. I want to make a version 2 of this that lights up eventually. It is on my list of "Things" to do.

Trab, Your machine looks very nice!

Thanks i have been working on it alot here lately. Most of the machine is in good shape, the mansion was getting a little beat up so i did end up putting a decal on top of it. The thing sign was the perfect touch, so thanks again for that. Before you go updating the sign make us something to cover this switch that is on the right side, it has wires right in my face ...

20160313_170304_(resized).jpg20160313_170304_(resized).jpg

20160313_170315_(resized).jpg20160313_170315_(resized).jpg

#557 8 years ago

Hmm, I will take a look and see what I can come up with.

Keith

#558 8 years ago

There are several switches that could use a good cover!

#559 8 years ago

Mine is done and back in the house.
Just a few adjustments and it's finished.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There are several switches that could use a good cover!

There are, but i think out of them all this is the most prominent. I cant think up a good way to cover it though.

#561 8 years ago

Shopping a taf for a friend. Looking for the blue led lighting for the topper. Does someone Sell this mod or is it just a blue led strip Thx

#562 8 years ago

It's not a mod, they are flashers built into the game.

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Shipping a taf for a friend. Looking for the blue led lighting for the topper. Does someone Sell this mod or is it just a blue led strip Thx

Mike, I just put in 3 blue 906 Flasher flat top LED's to replace the regular 906's.

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi,
I made one for mine. I can send you the file. I just noticed yours is installed much differently than mine, which confirms that they basically slapped it on however they felt.
I can also mail a pre-made one for you if need. Send me your address and I'll get it out this weekend.

Huge thank you! Received it today and just installed. Great bunch of people here!!!!

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Mike, I just put in 3 blue 906 Flasher flat top LED's to replace the regular 906's.

Thanks. Dave. He likes when it's lit in blue all the time. But I'll add flashers

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Shopping a taf for a friend. Looking for the blue led lighting for the topper. Does someone Sell this mod or is it just a blue led strip Thx

Available at LeesParts.com Lights the cloud blue all the time but still allows the flashers to be visible when active.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/addams-cloudtopper-light.html

Cloud_Topper_Installed_(resized).jpgCloud_Topper_Installed_(resized).jpg

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Available at LeesParts.com Lights the cloud blue all the time but still allows the flashers to be visible when active.
http://www.leesparts.com/products/addams-cloudtopper-light.html
Cloud_Topper_Installed_(resized).jpg

I have this mod from Lee's, I love it, it doesn't flash, as he stated, it is always on and it is a LED strip. Simple to install, but I think it adds to the game, at least for me.

I have many other of Lee's mods as well, love them all.

Phil

#568 8 years ago

Thanks Phil. I ordered topper mod from him. For swamp ill prob just add green leds or a green led strip.

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thanks Phil. I ordered topper mod from him. For swamp ill prob just add green leds or a green led strip.

I put this one in my swamp, just stuck it on the back of the swamp kickout so it cant be seen by the player. Really is bright and gives a nice glow around the swamp area.

ebay.com link: 3 OR 7 SMD PLUG PLAY 6 3V LED STRIPS for Pinball MODs Only from COMET

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from trab:

I put this one in my swamp, just stuck it on the back of the swamp kickout so it cant be seen by the player. Really is bright and gives a nice glow around the swamp area.
ebay.com link » 3 Or 7 Smd Plug Play 6 3v Led Strips For Pinball Mods Only From Comet

US$ 30.90 to ship 1 led strip to brazil... gotta be fucking kidding...

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I figured most of that shipping goes to cover fifa soccer expenses

#572 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I figured most of that shipping goes to cover fifa soccer expenses

Nah... it goes straight to the seller pockets...

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nah... it goes straight to the seller pockets...

I highly doubt that, shipping charges have gone way up on stuff even within the US in the last few years. I used to be able to ship things, by standard mail, or UPS or FedEx really cheap. Something like an xmas ornament would cost me US $2-3 to ship, and now it costs me US $6-8, it is just crazy.

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from philwojo:

I highly doubt that, shipping charges have gone way up on stuff even within the US in the last few years. I used to be able to ship things, by standard mail, or UPS or FedEx really cheap. Something like an xmas ornament would cost me US $2-3 to ship, and now it costs me US $6-8, it is just crazy.

Dude, several led strips can be sent using a letter envelope.... Last month I bought some stuff from Marco Spec... they charged me US$ 9.00 to ship me a small box... USPS tracked....

#575 8 years ago

I sell alot on ebay and they have a new ebay global shipping program, where ebay will handle sending it oversea's. Usually i dont sell outside the US because its normally a hassle. Well i have been using that program and had a guy ask if the shipping charge was correct because it seemed high on an item of mine. I was only charging a flat rate of $5 to send this item i was selling. So i look into it and ebay was charging him $27 on top of what i charged. So i dont think its the seller trying to charge you that much.

#576 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

It is because of the insurance risk to Rio De Janeiro. You guys are the first to go when the bugs decide to take us out.

(Starship Troopers reference for those who wonder WTF)

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It is because of the insurance risk to Rio De Janeiro. You guys are the first to go when the bugs decide to take us out.
(Starship Troopers reference for those who wonder WTF)

If I can recall, back in "2012", we were also first to go...

#578 8 years ago

Blue 906 flat top LED's in topper:

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Blue 906 flat top LED's in topper:

image_(resized).jpeg

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Huge thank you! Received it today and just installed. Great bunch of people here!!!!

I was comparing pictures of your original to this one and noticed there is a slight difference. That's because the one I sent you is a copy from a TAFG. It looks like they redid this particular sticker, because it differs slightly from the original TAF.

thing_(resized).jpgthing_(resized).jpg

Sorry I didn't notice before.

#581 8 years ago

It looks odd in that picture no doubt.

#582 8 years ago

No Worries. Just happy to have one so thank you again! This machine was a working but horrible mess. Some History on bringing it back: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-nutty-playfield-swap-taf-edition/page/2#post-1681118

Quoted from mjenison:

I was comparing pictures of your original to this one and noticed there is a slight difference. That's because the one I sent you is a copy from a TAFG. It looks like they redid this particular sticker, because it differs slightly from the original TAF.
thing_(resized).jpg
Sorry I didn't notice before.

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It looks odd in that picture no doubt.

I've got a black cloud topper with bright white flashes... Not that light-show but I dig it! Anyway, the black cloud topper looks way much better than the white one, specialy when the white is old....

#584 8 years ago

New mod installed today!

20160318_082317_(resized).jpg20160318_082317_(resized).jpg

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I've got a black cloud topper with bright white flashes... Not that light-show but I dig it! Anyway, the black cloud topper looks way much better than the white one, specialy when the white is old....

I had found a NOS topper as mine was missing so it's that darkish clear like you said. Was tempted to get the black one.

#586 8 years ago

There's the classic "smoke" cloud, put on 99% of Addams at production. The Australia guy when he had rights before planetary pinball, made the black cloud, and clear. The original smoke much harder to recreate.

#587 8 years ago

There's the classic "smoke" cloud, put on 99% of Addams at production. The Australia guy when he had rights before planetary pinball, made the black cloud, and clear. The original smoke much harder to recreate.

Now I see... Didn't know that... I've got an (must be) original one that came with when I bought my TAF, but it's kinda "yellowish"...

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Now I see... Didn't know that... I've got an (must be) original one that came with when I bought my TAF, but it's kinda "yellowish"...

Take a picture

#589 8 years ago

Yellowish??? Humm, ....I'd say that's sun damage like my destroyed Hurricane Topper. Best way to describe the original smoke cloud topper is....looks like you have to take it off and clean it because it's really dusty on the inside.

#590 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/30373
This add of an original smoke cloud topper is in the marketplace right now. You can seen what I mean by dirty and dusty look.

fa9485be9dec68f33302d1964a4160bfec2269e7_(resized).jpgfa9485be9dec68f33302d1964a4160bfec2269e7_(resized).jpg

#591 8 years ago

It should be the exact same color as the ramps.

#592 8 years ago

Agreed trab, it's called "smoke".

#593 8 years ago

No I didn't ipb made them wrong, they didn't mix the plastic pallet correctly

#594 8 years ago

Hooked a Polk Audio sub up to my Addams Family yesterday. I highly recommend. The build to multi ball is incredible. What a great game!!

1 week later
#595 8 years ago

about to buy an Addams and wondering about the Chair and Swamp LED mod. Is this really a mod I need to buy sep or can I do it myself with a standard LED?

#596 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

about to buy an Addams and wondering about the Chair and Swamp LED mod. Is this really a mod I need to buy sep or can I do it myself with a standard LED?

buy or do it yourself. either is good. little cheaper by yourself. or shop around for best priced mods.

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yea you can easily do it yourself, should probably cost $6 for the swamp and maybe $3-4 for the chair.

#598 8 years ago

I'm in the club. It's rough, but it will do.

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The bookcase LED is the most needed.I recently bought the bookcase and swamp led's from Lee Parts in this thread.Works well and looks great.

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from trab:

Yea you can easily do it yourself, should probably cost $6 for the swamp and maybe $3-4 for the chair.

Care to share how to do it? Is it just an LED attached to the bottom of the PF? Just not sure how it works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,059.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/12?hl=acaciolo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.