#1 6 years ago

IMG_8943 (resized).JPGIMG_8943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9123 (resized).JPGIMG_9123 (resized).JPG
IMG_9124 (resized).JPGIMG_9124 (resized).JPG

Timelapse:

#2 6 years ago

Nice work ...

#3 6 years ago

Thanks. These old Bally's have become a passion! And once you get them done they are absolute workhorses at the arcade.

#4 6 years ago

Nice, some specs of what was done would be great, i.e. repaint vs playfield swap, and other stuff like that....

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Nice, some specs of what was done would be great, i.e. repaint vs playfield swap, and other stuff like that....

Almost every step taken on the PF is covered in the included timelapse video, along with a description for each step. But it the video clocks in at 18 minutes, so kinda long I know.

Here's a brief: I stripped to wood, overlay, then created a custom lexan protector and installed to protect the overlay, complete target bank rebuild, saucer rebuild, flipper rebuild, outhole kicker rebuild, diverter gate mech rebuild, new posts, new plastics, new stationary targets and lane guides. All new inserts and twinstars. New shooter rod. New flipper buttons and switches. Several diodes replaced and switch capacitors added. All new Alltek boards (trifecta), new rectifier, new sound board, all LED'S from Cointaker. Original outgassed plasma displays all recycled using kit from pinitech. Coin door polished and cleared of rust on the inside. Coin mechs cleaned and adjusted. All connectors repinned. Beer, consumed. Pinball, played.

#6 6 years ago

Beautiful work! I watched the full video last week or whenever you first posted a link to it on another post, every beginner should watch that vid to understand the insane amount of work it takes to restore a game like this.

When I first bought my Supersonic, I bought it on a whim just because I liked the Backglass art & I love all early Bally SS games.... Then we started playing it & found it is a great player, in fact it is my Wife's favorite game in my collection to play.

#7 6 years ago

Supersonic doesn't get the respect it deserves. I picked one up and loved it! It's a forgotten gem and that's OK with me, let's keep the price down. Shh! Game is beautiful! Top 5 best backglass of all time

#8 6 years ago

If the game had better rules with the drops and the left lane, this could have been one of Bally's best

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Supersonic doesn't get the respect it deserves. I picked one up and loved it! It's a forgotten gem and that's OK with me, let's keep the price down. Shh! Game is beautiful! Top 5 best backglass of all time

I agree with all the above. Needed just a little bit more in the way of rules, but I like the layout.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-supersonic-restoration-beforeafter?hl=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.