• Latest reply 5 years ago by klr650
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4431 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

I need to re-pin my Bally Supersonic sound board connector cable (J1).

What type of molex connector is this and what kind of pins to buy?

A link to a site to purchase would be great.

Thanks.

IMG_4431 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

Just pop them out and repin them. Housing looks ok.

#3 5 years ago

Pinball41 What's the proper way to take the pins out. I can never get them out easily. What side do you have to insert the tool into?

#4 5 years ago

That style of connector uses 0.156 crimp contacts. The 0.156 refers to the spacing between header pins (in this case, 0.156 inches or 3.96mm in metric).
Here are four part numbers for contacts that will definitely fit inside that plastic connector)
Tin Plated Bronze for 22-26 AWG: 08-50-0134
Tin Plated Bronze for 18-20 AWG: 08-52-0072
Tin Plated Bronze (Trifurcon, 7 Amp) for 22-26 AWG: 08-52-0125
Tin Plated Bronze (Trifurcon, 7 Amp) for 18-20 AWG: 08-50-0185
The Trifurcon pins are recommended as they will contact each pin on 3 sides instead of just one!

The plastic connector is a Molex 41695 series. For a 15 position plastic connector, the Molex Part # is 09-50-8151. Don't forget a keying plug, Part # is 15-04-0297.

You can get these parts from Great Plains Electronics, Big Daddy Enterprises or Digi-key.

To remove a contact, just use a very tiny jeweller's blade screwdriver. From the side of the connector, push down on the tab while gently pulling the wire / contact out of the plug.

As many here will say, "Repin ALL your connectors!" Otherwise you are forever "chasing ghosts."
Good Luck!

#5 5 years ago

Sage advice, very helpful response. This response represents the very positive side of pinside. Pinsiders helping each other..

#6 5 years ago

Thanks for the positive feedback Chet!
I just ordered a bunch of crimp contacts, headers and plugs a few days ago so the part numbers were literally right in front of me!
Thanks again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 9.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
$ 22.50
Cabinet Parts
Wire-Bot
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pinckney, MI
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!