Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Raff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Game was working fine. The last time i turned off game flickered then shut off. It turns on and everything checks out in diagnostics (does game start sound and kicks ball out). It will not start game (the switch is making good contact, plenty of credits). any help on where to start would be greatly appreciated

#2 8 years ago

Not understanding the problem here. You say it plays game start sound and kicks ball out so what does 'will not start game' mean? Maybe post a video so we can see what's going on.

#3 8 years ago

Take the ball out of the game. Make sure all the targets are reset to the up position.

Go to switch test. The display should show no switches down. Press the start button and see if it shows correct switch number in display (06).

If you see any numbers with nothing being pressed, troubleshoot why it is stuck. Page 17 of the manual shows the switch display numbers. Page 14 shows how to get to switch test.

#4 8 years ago

dothedoo it plays game start sound and kicks ball out when i push diagnostic button and it tests it but not when i hit start button. Thanks KenH ill try that!

#5 8 years ago

KenH the 0 flashes in switch test. nothing changes when i push start button

#6 8 years ago

could it be diode on start button switch?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from NickyVanHalen:

nothing changes when i push start button

Ok, good. That means the MPU is not getting the signal from the start button. Just to make sure other stuff works, try pushing some other switches on the game and see if they register. See if you can find another switch in the same row, then col of the credit switch and try them. Also disconnect and reconnect the connector to the coin door.

It could be something as simple as a broken wire on the credit button, so do a good visual and see if you notice any broken wires.

You can check the diode with the game off with a DMM. You may have to disconnect one end of it to get a reliable test.

#8 8 years ago

THANX KenH! after disconnecting connector and reconnecting its fine again. Love it when its something simple.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from NickyVanHalen:

after disconnecting connector and reconnecting its fine again.

Awesome!

When you get some spare time, just take that connector apart and clean the pins and receptacles with some alcohol. If any of the metal receptacles are loose on the female side, very gently push them together with needle nose or screw driver, to tighten them up and hug the pin better.

Worst case, you may have to replace the pins and/or the receptacles at some point--but now you know where the problem is, if it comes up again.

#10 8 years ago

Thanx again i will clean that connector.

#11 8 years ago

check the solder on the board for cracks around the header pins and change the connector and pins and you should be good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-supersonic-cant-start-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.