IMG_7324 (resized).JPG
IMG_7326 (resized).JPG
IMG_5989 (resized).jpeg
new display (resized).jpg
stuff (resized).jpg
clock (resized).JPG
20230308_233618 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221115_191641_374 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geocab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 1 year ago

PM sent.

#105 1 year ago

Does the splash screen only appear when first turning on the game? Or will the display cycle through in attract mode? For instance, can I configure each player's display with a different word so Player 1 "Welcome", player 2 "to my", player 3 "arcade", and player 4 "room" can combine and display a message when you turn it on, and then cycle through HSTD, last played, and splash?

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from AlanJ:

you can put different images as splash screen images on each display - so yes you could create that. However, Splash is only once on startup. There is not really enough time to display hstd, last game scores and the splash screens when in attract mode.
I’ll add it to the future enhancements list though - there may be a way……

No problem. Thank you.

1 week later
#119 1 year ago
Quoted from AlanJ:

Added more splash screens:
8 Ball
Evel Kneivel
Mata Hari
Night Rider
Strikes n Spares
Playboy

Where are you adding these?

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from AlanJ:

I emailed you a link a few days ago - they are in the "SD Card Images/splash screens" folder from that link.

Sending you a PM.

#127 1 year ago

Mine is in customs.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

It will be there a while...believe me

Tracking says it has cleared customs this morning. I was hoping to have a project for the weekend, but I'm guessing it'll have until wait to next week. My original displays are fine anyway, but this is such a cool kit I want to upgrade.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is my first big solder project with PCBs. Previous was just reflowing pins and replacing transistors.
What solder iron tip size is best, solder type/gauge, and temperature for the iron is best for building these?

I bought this solder when I built my Wolfpac Displays for Barracora and it flowed like a dream. I had my soldering station set to 650. Used a small tip, T18-D16.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00068IJPO

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#141 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have the popular hakko blue station.

Me too.

#164 1 year ago

Tracking has my package in my town. I should have these tomorrow! Woohoo!

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Tracking has my package in my town. I should have these tomorrow! Woohoo!

Now officially expected tomorrow. The package arrived in my city. Went two cities down, and then came back to my city. Kinda weird way their system works, but as long as things arrive in one piece, I'm happy.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

Tiny dab. The diameter of the glue nozzle.
[quoted image]

How'd you use the glue again? In place of double sided tape for the top of the screen?

#185 1 year ago

Received my kit!DSC08207 (resized).JPGDSC08207 (resized).JPG

#186 1 year ago

@AlanJ. Is there a way to display commas? Is it possible to have one set of fonts assigned to a digit placement, separate from the other digits? For instance, could we take a font and add a comma after the number and then use that set for the left most screen (on a 7 digit display), and 4th from the left, and then the other digits use the non-comma font?

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from AlanJ:

Ok the new software is available. It's in the shared folder that I emailed to all customers.
Copy the "firmware.bin" file to your SD card. Remove any old "firmware.bak" file from the SD card. Your display will update the firmware next time it boots.
if you want to test out the new "comma" feature using font 0 - please copy the "0c.jpg" to "09c.jpg" files from the shared folder containing the SD card images to your SD card.
Release notes:
Release V4.15 19/1/2023
-----------------------------
A number of changes in this release, it incorporates the changes in the V4.14C test release earlier this week.
1. BSOS compatibility. Now works with BSOS operating system - however the scrolling feature whereby BSOS scrolls a 7 digit
score across a 6 digit screen may not work fully, there may be a glitch or two.
2. Remove the splash screen flash on start up - this doesn't look good especially when each display boots at a different rate,
so the flashes were not synchronised anyway. It looks better that the splash screen stays on until the display starts to get
data from the game itself.
3. The Setup screen no longer flickers (The right most display was flickering as it was constantly being cleared and redrawn).
Now it only redraws if it needs to.
4. The config json file stored on the SD card is now stored in a format that is easier to read. The File now holds some additional info that will be used in a future release.
5. Fixed an issue where the "Sender" display was sending it's initial font out too early, and receivers didn't have time to boot
and receive the message. The send now happens after the "sender" starts to receive data from the game. this is after the
splash screen has been displayed.
6. Added support for image font files that contain a comma. At startup the system looks on the SD card and if it finds comma
version of the image files, it will use these. Normal font files are 0.jpg, 1.jpeg ...9.jpg etc. the comma files are named
with a "c" appending the number - e.g. 0c.jpg -> 9c.jpg. I have made a rather crude set of comma files for the first font,
font 0. These files are available to download from the SD card images folder. (Edit: Fonts 0,1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10, 17,18,19 & 20 all now have comma versions)
LMK if any questions, feedback, issues.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't had a chance to assemble my kit yet (hopefully the weekend) but I have to say I find it really impressive how quickly you've implemented changes and improvements. Great work, man!

1 week later
#244 1 year ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

False alarm everyone. I was a dumbass and forgot leaving original displays in the game causes them to malfunction. I unplugged the remaining displays and the color displays work perfectly in both Quicksilver and Freefall.

Nice! Glad you got them working.

1 month later
#293 1 year ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Just finished up my xenon, love these so much!
[quoted image]

You nailed it with that font choice, looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geocab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-stern-ss-s-introducing-colourclassic-score-displays?tu=geocab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.