Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RandyW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Interest kinda fizzled out but I still have a few of these blank board sets available should anyone be interested.

ebay.com link: itm

#2 4 years ago

Scott...do you have the parts list that you can post?
    I'd like to build the PS/Driver part, but I'm wondering where I might find the exact transformer (I think that's what you have there) to match the PCB that you've laid out.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 4 years ago

I'll email you the part list now. It's an XLS file. The transformer I used is a dual secondary Tamura 3FS-312.

1 month later
    #4 4 years ago

What is the rough cost to build one, after buying your boards? I am starting to work on more and more boards, this might be handy to have.

#5 4 years ago

I am interested. Whats the price?

<edit> I just saw your Ebay post. $50 is kinda steep for 2 boards. I totally get you're just trying to recoop costs though. Just too rich for my blood. Seems like a really nice tool to have on the bench, and maybe I will break down and buy one eventually. </edit>

#6 4 years ago

The only thing I'd change, is to have the flash duration more on than off, making it easier to spot any LEDs that are out.

#7 4 years ago

@SarverSystems, understand $8.00 of that $50.00 is shipping. $5.00 is eBay fees and another buck or two for PayPal's cut. I actually thought about making the speed adjustable with a trim pot but there didn't seem to be enough interest to revise it further. I still have a few of these left. If they eventually sell out I may redesign them and implement some of the suggestions I've received.

@ViriiGuy, the parts cost is about $40.00 ish plus shipping from Mouser and Digikey.

#8 4 years ago

I got a set of these when they were first offered. I had most of the parts needed on hand except the transformer and the small regulators. Built it up and have been using it all the time. Saves a bunch of time and effort. I have probably tested and fixed a couple of dozen lamp drivers with it since. Hook it up on the bench and done in about 5 minutes and when I put the board in a game I know it is good. Money well spent for me.

#9 4 years ago

Offer some built up boards. I am comfortable building a set myself but this particular year....I'd pay since time is not my friend. Others just couldn't be bothered or have the know how.

#10 4 years ago

I am going to order a set this weekend, once I get a few jobs out of the way. ScottSerpa You said you have designed some other test rigs. Do you have them for sale also?

#11 4 years ago

@viriiguy, the only other test jig I did was the PacMan Z-80 buss extender (ebay.com link: itm). There wasn't enough interest in either of them to do any others. At least not at this time.

#12 4 years ago

One thing I have always dreamt of, but do not have the ability to design, is a "Pinball Test Rig" Or at least a full rig for each manufacturer. So that pretty well all boards can be worked on, without having a machine on hand. More often than not, when repairing a board, I do not have that machine available to test with. I am certain it would be an expensive item to build, but it would be worth it imho.

Something that would let you test the functions of each board as it were supposed to work. So if I had a bally mpu, power i/o and dmd controller, I could just hook them up to the rig and see what is what with them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-stern-lamp-driver-test-jig-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.