IMG_7496 (resized).JPG
IMG_7493 (resized).JPG
IMG_7494 (resized).JPG
IMG_7495 (resized).JPG
IMG_7488 (resized).JPG
IMG_7489 (resized).JPG
IMG_7486 (resized).JPG
IMG_7478 (resized).JPG
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The problem with this game, and one of the challenges going forward is that the playfield is pretty limited in shots and scoring options. Something like Strikes and Spares, although still a very simple layout, has so many more targets and obvious potential new rule directions. Because Star Trek has limited targets and shots, I think you have your work cut out for you. To this end, adding additional scoring options like the spinner would help.
Do you have an idea of what types of rule additions you're looking to add?

I think the biggest things that could be added to this game would be actual Star Trek Sound effects (Phasers, Red Alert, door opening sounds, etc), character voices, Star Trek Music (Amok Time fight song, etc).

Yes... All would require a license. I can tell you right now. I would be happy to be first to contribute to a Kickstarter campaign to make this as good a possible.

I think this concept of breathing new life in to old games like this could be a new step in this hobby.

And I am I the only one that is have a fantasy of adding a DMD with playable animation to this old girl?

#52 7 years ago

A spinner could easily be added without any software updates. Pinball Life sells a spinner that is a single post hanging variety too (for about $15), if there wasn't an appropriate set of two posts for mounting a traditional spinner. Just wire the new spinner to an exisiting 10 or 100 point switch in parallel, and you're good to go. Sound may not be perfect for a spinner, but it would work and score fine.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

A spinner could easily be added without any software updates. Pinball Life sells a spinner that is a single post hanging variety too (for about $15), if there wasn't an appropriate set of two posts for mounting a traditional spinner. Just wire the new spinner to an exisiting 10 or 100 point switch in parallel, and you're good to go. Sound may not be perfect for a spinner, but it would work and score fine.

But as I mentioned, you don't want an open ended spinner hanging out where it can get smacked on the edge by either a pop number hit or a flipper shot, or even a nearby rebound. Spinners are so easily knocked out of proper alignment.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

But as I mentioned, you don't want an open ended spinner hanging out where it can get smacked on the edge by either a pop number hit or a flipper shot, or even a nearby rebound. Spinners are so easily knocked out of proper alignment.

Yeah, those things never work

image-17 (resized).jpgimage-17 (resized).jpg

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, those things never work

Didnt say it wouldn't work, just that it was likely to get damaged. And you will notice it's a long way from anything that can hit the edge other than a flipper shot. Which is still some distance away.

#56 7 years ago

You can get the Nine Ball spinner bracket from Cliffy, but good luck finding a spinner to work with it.

10 months later
#57 6 years ago

Any update on this? I would love to see this completed!

2 years later
#58 3 years ago

So, did you give up on this project? Where is everybody? As for sound enhancements, put me down for an "ah Tranya !" when an extra ball is made.

#59 3 years ago

Ha! I had to look that one up. Forgot all About Clint Howard as the baby commander. So strange...

Quoted from seeburg220:

So, did you give up on this project? Where is everybody? As for sound enhancements, put me down for an "ah Tranya !" when an extra ball is made.

1 year later
#60 2 years ago

I agree, I got a sound mod for my Meteor, works great, ball save, extra ball and the sounds are awsome.

Look up Meteor 2021 pinball, its by RoyGBev

I put it in my star trek and it almost worked, The sounds were there but when it got in the upper scoop it didnt know to kick it out, same when it drained, it didnt know it was the end of the ball

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Ha! I had to look that one up. Forgot all About Clint Howard as the baby commander. So strange...

geeteoh is working on one as a replacwment with ability to use custom sounds
mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-software-rewrite-the-journey/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.