PF 4.jpg
PF 3.jpg
PF 1.jpg
PF 2.jpg
ST inshop1.jpg
backbox.jpg
ST-01.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Just got this ST in last week so this will be my next attempt at documenting a restore/shop job.

ST-01.jpgST-01.jpg

This game was in storage for over ten years and supposedly worked before it was put away. Somehow a few items came up missing (Solenoid Driver board) so I have no idea how many (electronic) issues this game may have at this point. It also looks like someone tried doing some repair work on it at one time as well.

backbox.jpgbackbox.jpg

ST inshop1.jpgST inshop1.jpg

PF 1.jpgPF 1.jpg

PF 2.jpgPF 2.jpg

PF 3.jpgPF 3.jpg

PF 4.jpgPF 4.jpg

BG 1.jpgBG 1.jpg

UPF 1.jpgUPF 1.jpg

target1.jpgtarget1.jpg

UPF 2.jpgUPF 2.jpg

Cosmetically, the play-field could be a lot worse off. It's filthy and has a ton of ball marks on it but I think with a good cleaning and some minor touch up it will look a lot better. Also, all of the plastics and back glass are if fair shape, they are all there and none of them are broken. This is not going to be a full blown restoration job because the owner doesn't want it to be a show piece or spend a lot of $$$, they just want a good playing game.

You can see from the pictures that I have my work cut out for me. Also, there is a lot of corrosion/oxidization on the metal parts, I'm not 100% sure what the best way would be to deal with this so any suggestions are welcome.

So far all I have done is taken a good inventory of the parts I'll need to order and I also started doing some test cleaning on the play-field and cabinet. This is going to take a lot of cleaning and I'll never get rid of the ball marks. Like I said, the owner just wants it to be playable so I'll get it as clean as I can or until I'm satisfied with the results and the amount of work I'll need to put into it. The owner is in no hurry which is a good thing since I don't have as much time to dedicate to this. That means the updates may be slow coming but they WILL be coming.

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-shop-job-begins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.